Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Pray Generation XTH, desu!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The other LP of this seems to have stalled, so I'll take one for the team.
:desu:

b5mGKp8.png

Intro below:

CpYhLN2.png

IrXhSPM.jpg

A little-known catastrophe is unleashed in the recesses of the city.
Unexplained monsters called 'malforms' attack mankind.
In recent years, malform attacks have risen exponentially
To combat these hazards, the government has established a secret police force called the XPD.

Several years pass...

RYUkFDe.png

These officers rush off to battle, endangering their lives.

I236M5M.png

Mysterious combatants whose prowress far exceeds that of the XPD.

F4j48qX.png

Hinowa Collaborative Academy in Hinowa district, Tokyo

5BTTz0C.png

6rWkFqK.png

EFMguQF.png

But that spot has the most paranormal activity in the entire region.

Is this some kind of mistake?
Or someone's prank?
And what awaits you there. . . ?

aSgvxqQ.png

Dun dun duuuuuunh!

Generation XTH: Code Hazard is a japanese take on wizardry which seems to have garnered praise among the resident weaboos. It's a dungeon-crawling blobber with turn-based combat which is getting a fan-made translation for those of us who cannot into moonspeak. This will be a blind LP, so expect me to fail horribly. We will, of course, be rolling with a Kodex Kool Krew. Details on how to make your character follow in a bit.

0rvkrc1.png

H4QHinC.png

mail.jpg
I have something that I must show you today.
Once the evening bell has rung, I would lik eyou to come to the entrance of the Students Passage, in Hinowa Institute Park.
I'm aware of the rumors surrounding the Students Passage, but if you have a little courage you have nothing to worry about.
I'll be waiting.
Kanzaki Ken'ichi​

NoKJ4EB.png

iB551kN.png

Several students from the academy are gathered around.
Just then, you notice something moving around inside the tunnel.

FbNGM6n.png

Uvdovmk.png

the monsters slowly begin to head this way. . .

1L5Dize.png

alice.jpg
Looks like it's time to start the show.
alice.jpg
Too bad the villains are just beasts that can't tell a human from a hamburger.
alice.jpg
Sorry, you monsters aren't going to be part of this story!

alice.jpg
Code-Realize!

Aigtqdm.png

alice.jpg
Watch this!!
EEr1CWu.png

And the monsters are cut to pieces one by one...
The remaining monsters retreat back into the tunnel.

qggkGim.png

alice.jpg
That wasn't even enough for a warm-up.
alice.jpg
By the way, you're the students that got that e-mail from the principal, right?
alice.jpg
What just came to attack you are monsters called Malforms.
alice.jpg
The reality of the rumors lately about weird sightings... Well, you probably won't understand what I'm talking about.
alice.jpg
You might not know what I mean, but I'll ask anyway...
alice.jpg
What did you think when you saw the Malforms? Did you feel anything? Inside?

[Yes/No]

alice.jpg
Heh, you've got promise. I've no objection to you becoming a member of X Force.
alice.jpg
Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Mifune Alice.
alice.jpg
I'm the commander of the Special X Force.
alice.jpg
I'll tell you the details at the command center. Come with me.

JBlSLyG.png

The students get on the buildings elevator and are taken to a floor not listed on the plaque.

xwTTDds.png

qsSTijG.png

chief.jpg
Yeah, good work.

The man looks you over.

chief.jpg
Well, ladies and gentlemen, today must have been quite an experience for you.
chief.jpg
First of all, I wanted to allow you to see the malforms.
chief.jpg
You know who I am, correct?

[Yes/No]

chief.jpg
Oh, perhaps my first impression wasn't very strong.
chief.jpg
My outward appearance is that of the principal of Hinowa Academy, Kanzaki Ken'ichi.
chief.jpg
But I have another personality, so to speak. That of the chief of the CPO, where you are now.
chief.jpg
I decided to show you all of this today.

k3o64ya.png

alice.jpg
CPO is an abbreviation for Contemporary Physics Organization, and just as the name suggests, is a special organization that researches the new scientific field of contemporary physics. The Special X Force that I command is a division of the CPO.
chief.jpg
As for the message I sent you...
chief.jpg
That mail went out to anyone with the qualifications to become a member of X Force.
chief.jpg
What's that? How do I know you're qualified?
chief.jpg
There are rigorous entrance exams for Hinowa Academy, as well as inspections of your body and health. The objective of those inspections are essentially to determine which rare youngpeople have the constitution to Code Realize - in other words, Code Realizers.
alice.jpg
Code Realize is the power you saw me use to defeat those malforms earlier.
alice.jpg
We pull superhuman powers from Blood Codes and form weapons from Item Codes that are effective against malforms.
alice.jpg
We have the ability to freely realize and use this power from simple code data. Just like heroes from games and anime, right?
alice.jpg
Only us Code Realizers have the ability yo utilize code within our bodies.
chief.jpg
We've also chosen the best of the best from the XPD, the police, and the SDF, but they don't have the power to code realize. Firearms and other weapons are of no use against malforms.
chief.jpg
People like you, code realizers, are the only ones that can oppose Hazard incidents.
alice.jpg
That's right. And right now, X Force is in desperate need of help. This past year, our primary team members have lost their power, and some have even disappeared...
alice.jpg
I don't know if we cna use you guys or not, but it's a fact that we need new members.
kaito.jpg
Chief, Commander Alice.

qQvGFE6.png

kaito.jpg
Chief, you mentioned Hazard incidents, but you failed to explain what Hazards are.
chief.jpg
Ah, you're right. Then allow me to switch the duty of explanation over to Kaito.
chief.jpg
If you'll excuse me.
kaito.jpg
Understood, sir.
kaito.jpg
Hello, everyone. I'm Saeki Kaito. I am currently second-in-command of X-force.
kaito.jpg
Normally, my duties are to support the Chief and Commander Alice...
alice.jpg
Kaito, that's enough of an introduction.
kaito.jpg
Haha, sorry.
kaito.jpg
Hazard incidents are the term used for the various paranormal incidents occuring around town. The phenomenon called Abyssal, which turns areas into subspace labyrinths, and the malforms that emerge from those locations ar ethe primary examples.
kaito.jpg
These Hazard incidents have begun occuring only in the past few years. But recently, casualties have increased exponentially. In response, the government established the special police XPD.
kaito.jpg
You know of the XPD, right?

[Yes/No]

kaito.jpg
I see. I thought I heard that even civilians had taken an interest in their investigative activities....
kaito.jpg
Actually, the XPD are, like us of X Force, one of the organizations belonging to the CPO. It is safe to say they are the face opposing Hazard incidents to the public, but behind them is us.
alice.jpg
It's important that being behind them means that we're a secret organization.
kaito.jpg
Right. The Special X Force is a secret organization. What you have learned today and what you will learn, is a state secret.
kaito.jpg
Regardless of whether you become a member or not, we must ask that you say nothing to other civilians, family or classmates.
kaito.jpg
Code realize and other X science technology is far more advances thatn the modern standard. If anything is leaked, then there is a possibility that it could cause a minor crisis, or worse.
kaito.jpg
If any information gets out, then it is likely everyone who knows it will be captured and forced to undergo memory reassignment.
kaito.jpg
Ah, forgive me. I didn't mean to scare you.
alice.jpg
Well, justice is its own reward, as they say.
alice.jpg
You were chosen to be team members. Bear that in mind and please join.

kBYl2Np.png

lTZhCVT.png

FpHNCKm.png

Character geneation information follows in a bit. :M

Absalom

How is this related to Wizardry? Other than they're the same typeish of rpg?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's a blobber with turn-based combat. I'm going by what the jRPG crowd on the codex have been saying as I've very little experience with this game. :P

We'll need 6 people in our party to get this thing underway. Character generation is pretty straightforward.

od8aT93.png

First, pick a name for the character as well as a shorter nickname that'll be displayed on their portrait. For this demo, we'll go with Kuroneko-chan, aka "Black Cat".
n1r9P2V.png

Next up we have to select our type. The type determines starting attribute scores. The attributes are:

Strength, Intelligence, Piety, Vitality, Agility, Luck, Base AC, Equipment
Most of these seem fairly straightforward. Equipment determines what types of special equipment the character can use. There are 8 different types to choose from, summarized below:
Code:
              Str Int Pie Vit Agi Luc AC  Equip
------------+-----------------------------------------
Standard    |  9   8   8   9   8   8   7   All
Elegant     |  7  10  10   7   8   8   6   Specialized
Athlete     |  9   7   5   9  13   7   4   Front Row
Muscle      | 13   6   5  13   6   7  10   Front Row
Intelligent |  6  13   8   6   8   9   8   Back Row
Funny       |  7   6   6   7  11  13   5   Specialized
Spiritual   |  6   8  13   6   6  11   9   Back Row
Unlucky     |  8   8   8   8  12   6   3   Bad Luck

zI94SMW.png

The last two parts of personal information requred is the characters age and alignment.

Age can be 16, 17 or 18 years. Because this is a japanese game, people outside of high school are mostly background noise. As the character ages, they have an increased chance of losing their ability to Code Realize.

Alignment can be either Good, Neutral or Evil. Alignment determines what Blood Codes the character qualifies for. Blood Codes are essentially classes. You can also type a custom name for your alignment which appears when you perform some actions. EG:
iOhmrKCjQY1TE.png

Next up is character appearance. Expect me to turn everyone into hideous, slant-eyed freaks of nature.
Q6jvH6O.png

Next up comes Blood Code, which is basically class selection. It's possible to change your Blood Code later on for multiclassing. You also get a few bonus points you can assign to your attributes (Str, Int, Pie, Vit, Agi, Lck). All classes have minimum requirements for attibutes and some have alignment restrictions as well. There are 8 classes with male/female variations. The
only difference seems to be the entry requirements. It also seems like male characters cna have a female Blood Code and vice versa.
LNClpAS.png

The classes are as follows:
C9gOkg2.gif

So. Roll up your characters below. We need:

1. Your name and nickname
2. Your character type (Standard, Elegant, Athlete, Muscle, Intelligentsia, Funny, Spiritual or Unlucky)
3. Your sex (Male or Female)
4. Your age (16, 17 or 18 years)
5. Your alignment (Good, Neutral, Evil) + a short custom name for your alignment if you wish
6. How you wish to distribute bonus points (assume there are 4-6 points for you to allocate)
7. Choose the starting class (blood code) you'd like -- please choose it carefully based on your character type, alignment and the way you distributed bonus points; if you choose an inapproriate blood code, your application will be considered void (because that means you cannot into reading, and therefore have no place in a Codexian party).

Absalom

1. Utility Fag aka Absalammi
2. Funny
3. Male
4. 17
5. Neutral
6. Dump enough into intelligence so I qualify for the Joshua bloodcode, rest also into intelligence.
7. Joshua

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
1. Pepe
2. Unlucky
3. Male
4. 18
5. Evil - HUEHUEHUE
6. Enough INT for Musou code, everything else on strenght
7. Musou/Samurai

:desu:

I-I never asked for this! Stupid stupid baka!

1. Xineoph Daednu (Phoenix)
2. Standard
3. Kawaii
4. 16
5. G (Nihil)
6. Class requirements with rest into VIT
7. Siegfried (B13)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:bro:

aER0gI1.png

2 more slots open. We haven't got anyone who can use WIZ spells and there's room for one more out in front with Phoenix and Pepe

Cassidy

Arcane
1. Tupac - Afro Samurai
2. Spiritual
3. Male
4. 18
5. Neutral Rap Magic
6. Whatever is the minimum for WIZ and the rest shared between Strength, Piety and Intelligence
7. Tsukuyomi

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
1. Your name and nickname
Pariah Zeal, Azira

2. Your character type: Elegant

3. Your sex Male

4. Your age 16

5. Your alignment Neutral I don't give a fig whether you're evil or goody two-shoes. I'll just be standing here in the shadows, killing stuff. :smug:

6. How you wish to distribute bonus points
By order: Agi +3>Luck+2>AC the rest

7. Choose the starting class
Kamui

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

The Generation XTH games are spiritual successors to Wizardry Xth: Academy of Frontier (2005) and Wizardry Xth 2: Unlimited Student (2006) on the PS2. Those were official Wizardry games.

Here's what the guy doing the fan translation for this game wrote elsewhere:

Team Muramasa, to exaggerate slightly, are responsible for the resurgence of Wizardry-clones (old-school, first-person dungeon romps) in the East, and subsequently in the West. The popularity of their official Wizardry games, Xth and Xth 2 on the PS2, caused a flood of games like Elminage, Etrian Odyssey, Unchained Blades, and many more.

The Wizardry Xth games boasted a fairly open world, an extremely intuitive but in-depth crafting system, and many overall improvements to the Wizardry formula, particularly focusing on speed and efficiency of controls. They took that formula to the indie PC scene in 2007 and created the Generation Xth trilogy, the first entry of which, Code Hazard, is the reason why you are here now.

Team Muramasa continued after the Generation Xth trilogy to create Meikyu X Cross Blood, then Students of the Round, which was successful enough to warrant a 360 and PSP port, and now they're working on two new dungeon games for the PSVita and 360 under Kadokawa publishing, called Demon Gaze and The Stranger of the Town of the Blade (Tsurugi no Machi no Ihoujin).

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Seems the party setup will be along the lines of
psi user
samurai
paladin
healer
wizard
assassin

This should be good. I think the Siegfried will become our main tank, with the Musou taking the second tanking spot. :avatard:

lightbane

Arcane
Cool! It is back! :love:

I would like to try this:

1. Name: Kaworu (nickname: Lightbane)
2. Athlete
3. Male
4. 16
5. Good (Homolust)
6. Whatever is more adequate
7. Hakka

EDIT: Dammit, I was too slow :decline: Oh well, consider me a reserve character if necessary.

Absalom

The Generation XTH games are spiritual successors to Wizardry Xth: Academy of Frontier (2005) and Wizardry Xth 2: Unlimited Student (2006) on the PS2. Those were official Wizardry games.

Here's what the guy doing the fan translation for this game wrote elsewhere:

Team Muramasa, to exaggerate slightly, are responsible for the resurgence of Wizardry-clones (old-school, first-person dungeon romps) in the East, and subsequently in the West. The popularity of their official Wizardry games, Xth and Xth 2 on the PS2, caused a flood of games like Elminage, Etrian Odyssey, Unchained Blades, and many more.

The Wizardry Xth games boasted a fairly open world, an extremely intuitive but in-depth crafting system, and many overall improvements to the Wizardry formula, particularly focusing on speed and efficiency of controls. They took that formula to the indie PC scene in 2007 and created the Generation Xth trilogy, the first entry of which, Code Hazard, is the reason why you are here now.

Team Muramasa continued after the Generation Xth trilogy to create Meikyu X Cross Blood, then Students of the Round, which was successful enough to warrant a 360 and PSP port, and now they're working on two new dungeon games for the PSVita and 360 under Kadokawa publishing, called Demon Gaze and The Stranger of the Town of the Blade (Tsurugi no Machi no Ihoujin).

Ah. I only remember the earlier ones where the only constant was constantly trolling the player.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:salute:
Expect updatan tonight. There is permadeath in the game, so it's possible we'll need replacement codexians eventually.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
[edit]

CRITICAL FAILURE!

I tried using a fraps/shareX combo to do screenshots. Turns out the sharex screenshots got horribly mutilated by imgur and the fraps ones failed to save. I guess I'm restarting the LP once I sort this out.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Fucking mantii are overpowered. The manual said that the game data was autosaved at the start of entering dungeons, so I tried a soft reset. Which resulted in everything being wiped. Rolling characters... again. :(

[edit]

What is this faggotry? I rolled up everyone and now there are two duplicates of everyone. Except I can only add one set of them to the party. Japanese games are confusing meh. :(

[edit 2]

Ok, they're still stuck in the dungeon. Mounting impromptu rescue operation

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And the party is dying to a pack of manti and vorpal bunnies. :lol:
I like how vorpal bunnies are REALLY vorpal and will kill if they land a critical hit.
Insta-kill enemies at lv 1. :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom