Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Zafehouse Diaries!

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

tindrli

Arcane
apparently clues spawn randomly, so you could find one anywhere any time.

by the way, the zafehouse website says it's a good idea to keep someone on spotting/patrol at all times, set not to engage zombies.

we will but not till sundown.

i suggest that we keep moving till we find some hard clues.. then we can start really barricading the shit

Anabanana

Augur
shit, i meant tentacle... i just realize that police station is not next door. i suggest that breaching hospital which is next door is not bad idea at all. or we could breach hotel instead.. i have a feeling that one of the damn clues must be in a freakin hotel.

next hour
Azira and Lindblum search
Tentacle modify tool
Artabanes Search corpses
Me investigate hospital

I feel like Azira and Lindblum will end up killing each other if they have to work together (they have the worst relationship right now AND they're prejudiced against each other). I'm putting just Lindblum on search instead because there are actually other useful things that Azira can do. If y'all have no complaints, I'm going to go ahead and assault the hotel right now with Tidrli and Azira. Hotel, because it looks like most of you are fine with the hotel choice, assault, because at this point in the game it's not that much dangerous than investigating anyway, and Tidrli and Azira because Tidrli is merely decent at assaulting even though he's the best at it, and could use at least one person as back up.

Tindrli, are you sure you still want Tentacle to focus on barricading? It looks like we'll be doing more assaulting instead of barricading in the near future.

And Artabanes will be cleaning up the corpses, of course.

Btw, how come Linblum's skill sucks that much? Is his fighting ability very good?

Err, well, he chose to be a librarian. And in this game, librarians suck. Pretty much the only thing they're good for is helping you find excellent books in the library, which will help you become much, much smarter. That's not much of a consolation when zombies are beating down the doors and your librarian has passed out cold because they have horrible stamina though.

Speaking of stamina, all of you are still at "Rested" status right now, except Tentacle, who's "Fresh".

I'll be waiting for a while, and if there're no more replies, I'll go ahead and throw up an update.

newcomer

Learned
And the only library in the town is so far away... no wonder his face looks really ugly (although we've been closer thanks to my glorious charity) :troll:

tindrli

Arcane
shit.. who would chose to be librarian in the times of trouble anyway!! i mean.. what did he think anyway.. lecture a group of zombies how to be vegetarians and how healthy that is??..

and nah.. tentacle should come with us in the hotel .. i have a bad feeling about this hotel

Anabanana

Augur
All right, as per your requests, Tidrli, Tentacle, and Azira will assault the hotel while Lindblum searches and Artabanes cleans up the zombies.

DkuON.jpg

Unfortunately, it doesn't go too well. You've found out that the hotel is swarming with zombies as well, and you didn't have enough firepower to snipe them through the windows. Worse, your assault team's relationships have taken a hit.

JtxVx.jpg

Here's your new supply list.

9raiH.jpg

You also have 19 cooking ingredients and 18 snacks. Just so you know, you need three ingredients to make a small meal, which can be eaten by one survivor. 25 ingredients makes a large meal, at which point you can have a feast that raises all relationships to the max, but creates noise at the location.

What do we do now, team? As always, you can refer to the action list in this post when considering your strategies.

Anabanana

Augur
You could always try luring the zombies out with more assaults, or trying to break into the police station to get rifles so you can snipe everybody dead, or maybe try and make loud noises so the zombies inside the hotel will come out but oh noes if all the zombies come at you you might be overrun, or you could just try breaching other, less zombie-infected places for now, like those nice empty houses to the southeast of the map which may contain more weapons and ammo and rescue clues, or modify your weapons so you can take down 15 zombies with nothing but souped-up baseball bats, or you could just start making this place a safehouse from which to operate... etc. Or you could just finish searching this store and hope more weapons turn up; the description did say that this store would have a stash of weapons, after all.

Just some options :troll:

tindrli

Arcane
the assault was bad move.. we should BREACH!!!!..shit.. we need weapons and we need them fast..

newcomer

Learned
I vote for making the store into a ZAFEHOUSE, searching & modifying items & zombie lookout. Meanwhile also investigate / assault the kindergarten :baby:

Anabanana

Augur
I vote for making the store into a ZAFEHOUSE, searching & modifying items & zombie lookout. Meanwhile also investigate / assault the kindergarten :baby:
we have no use of assaulting.. we need weapons and breach!!!

Assault is useful as a substitute for investigation - it's also much more effective if you have sniping weapons with which to take out zombies through the windows. If you're lucky and take out all the zombies in an assault, you even automatically breach that particular location (I think - it's never happened to me before).

So... by "weapons and breach!!!" I assume you're talking about breaching the zombie-infested police station? :D Better get more weapons/gun/ammo before you attempt that :3 Hmm. I guess we could also try using a distraction to lure the zombies outside of the police station and patrol/kill them in order to reduce their numbers.

Or you could just finish searching this shop while having Tentacle modify a weapon, and then just breach the police station and hope for the best, eh? Personally, I usually adopt a hit-and-run strategy where I just breach as many empty houses/zombie-light locations as possible to get weapons as well as rescue clues in order to boost relationships, before tackling the big ones like the police station. Then again, the reason why I wanted to do this LP was to NOT play by my usual strategies because I've been playing this game nonstop for like what, a week now? And it's getting old. So.

It's all up to you:troll:

newcomer's plan isn't bad either, hehe.

tindrli

Arcane
i would like to see that other members of the team think that we should do.. anyway there is no many options..

Breach police station -Highly inadvisable due to the lack of heavy artillery
Breach hospital or hotel.. i have a bad feeling about that hotel.
Breach kinder garden - never did that before.. maybe we can find Spoon +2 there
Barricade kill zombies and wait for dawn -IMHO worst scenario
Watch tentacle use 2 dildos :D :bounce:

Lindblum

Augur
shit.. who would chose to be librarian in the times of trouble anyway!! i mean.. what did he think anyway.. lecture a group of zombies how to be vegetarians and how healthy that is??..

A partridge who tires of manual labor and faking enjoying another humans company.
(Seriously I didn't know it would suck so bad. I imagined something like this vvv)
conanthelibrarian.jpg

Send me scouting.
South school.

tindrli

Arcane
ok, we need to recapitulate all this:

The main mission is search for clues if im correct and we dont have any so we shoulde defenetly start collecting. Since Banana mentioned
You find clues by searching locations, and less frequently, through special events and cleaning up corpses. The good news is, you only need to search a location for an hour to find a clue if there is a clue present at that location, so you don't need to worry about searching the entire location.

i think that we dont barricade or set traps much if we are going to move all the time and we spend allready our time searching this store and i think we should move on.

The main problem is that all building except that one in south east are marked so they must be swarming with those damn zombies and since we can only blow a dick with a weapons that we have maybe the best thing is to do breach route with 2 hours max of searching /per house. If now is 2:00 A.M we can cover all houses in next 10 hours. and then we can hit another store or even a Bank. This is the route :
aZati.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
It's a bold plan. It can end well or in total disaster. I will submit to the will of the majority.

For a more conservative approach,
I suggest getting Tentacle on Modifying a weapon, Lindblum Investigating/Assaulting the School (the safest, we need no losses at the moment) , Artabanes Investigating the Factory, tindrli Assaulting the Hospital with the pistol (Good luck, Warrior) and Azira to Search on the shop (weapons and ammo, again).We will spread thin, but I hope the first day will be merciful.

Then, with some recon done, and if there is still time before sundown, we hit/Breach the less Soulless-infested place.
For the night, we choose our lair (Shop will do) and set up patrols/Modify stuff or whatever.

Still, are we sure the school is not a deadly place? I didn't liked one bit the blurb on the on-line manual....

Anabanana

Augur
The main problem is that all building except that one in south east are marked so they must be swarming with those damn zombies and since we can only blow a dick with a weapons that we have maybe the best thing is to do breach route with 2 hours max of searching /per house.

To clarify, marked buildings do tend to have more zombies than unmarked ones, but the police station, hospital, school, hotel and other "special" buildings tend to have even higher numbers. What I'm saying is, it's probably safer to breach a shop, factory, or warehouse, than one of those buildings. Of course, unmarked houses are always the safest, relatively speaking.

I'll wait for an unspecified amount of time, and if no one else has responded by then, I'll go ahead and flip a coin to decide which strategy we'll be taking, unless you can come to some sort of consensus before then.

Still, are we sure the school is not a deadly place? I didn't liked one bit the blurb on the on-line manual....
Why don't you find out for yourself? I can totally send Artabanes to breach the school if you want :)

tindrli

Arcane
Why don't you find out for yourself? I can totally send Artabanes to breach the school if you want :)[/quote]

no man.. let him live .. we need people to survive this!!!!

Lindblum

Augur
Its 2 pm and we have 1 firearm, uhm NO.

We have at most 4 hours of day light, so best to get working on traps and hole up for the night.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Why don't you find out for yourself? I can totally send Artabanes to breach the school if you want :)

Before, 'I do need a gun. I need a big gun. I need a really big gun....'

I want to avoid to replay the only scene my dimmed mind remembers from any of the Resident Evil movies. So, I'll pass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom