Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Zafehouse Diaries!

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

tindrli

Arcane
tindrli shouldn't we search the house its not secure.

I agree but its a small house, and 2 searchers should kill any zombie who wrongfully decided to stay. Sadly i never ever encounter a single meatbag in a first house..

And i defenetly think that we shouldn't waste time on more barricading and setting traps coz we need to move on and find those damn clues. Maybe one person barricading just in case. the rest of us should hit the police station as soon as we find some more weapons.

p.d. Great job newcomer with rumor. Now we are all closer with only feminine in the group. Maybe after a few days she'll realize that there is no dildo that can replace a DICK!!!

Anabanana

Augur
p.d. Great job newcomer with rumor. Now we are all closer with only feminine in the group. Maybe after a few days she'll realize that there is no dildo that can replace a DICK!!!

Well... her name is :mhd: after all. Are you sure it's such a good idea? :)

images

Lindblum

Augur
I should continue searching alone.
Everyone should be occupied with something else.

I'm going to die first aren't I?:M
Stats:

Search location for anything useful/weapons and ammo/medical supplies/food and ingredients/tools and scrap.
Lindblum 3

Watch for zombies.
Lindblum 2

Snipe zombies around this location. (You can also chose to snipe zombies in neighboring buildings.)
Lindblum 1

Modify item, focusing on any/close combat/assault/sniping/cooking/barricading/demolition/engineering capability.
Lindblum 1

Patrol outside and report back/attack zombies.
Lindblum 1

Make regular/experimental traps.
Lindblum 1

Barricade entrances quickly and loudly/slowly and quietly.
Lindblum 1

Create a distraction by making noise.
Lindblum 2

Investigate.
Lindblum 2

Breach.
Lindblum 1

Assault.
Lindblum 1

Dayyālu

Arcane
So, Tindrli should be sent to Investigate a nearby building- we need to identify a good/safe target quickly for more clues and supplies-. A single-survivor recon is safe?
The Police station is a tempting target indeed... switching target suggestion.

Azira should build traps and Artabanes some barricades slowly and quietly.
Tentacle and Lindblum on Search House.

Anabanana

Augur
I should continue searching alone.
Everyone should be occupied with something else.

I'm going to die first aren't I?:M

Nah, the place is partially trapped and barricaded, and it's only the first morning. You'll be fine.

Having you focus on searching isn't a bad strategy at all, actually.

So, Tindrli should be sent to Investigate a nearby building- we need to identify a good/safe target quickly for more clues and supplies-. A single-survivor recon is safe?

Yup, investigation is the safest of all moving options, especially on the first morning.

If im gona investigate alone i need a gun .. and a bat as well!!!

You'll probably be fine without those, since you're just taking a look and coming back, but I'll give them to you anyway. :)

And since we're on the subject, I'm going to tell you the total weight of items you can carry.

Artabanes 4.5
Azira 4.5
Tidlrli 4.5
Tentacle 2.5
Lindblum 2.5

The handgun's weight is 1, and the baseball bat's weight is 1 as well. A 9mm round weighs 0.05 each.

tindrli

Arcane
i think that we should skip investigating and BREACH the police station fast.. blitzkrieg type!!! at least while its still a morning!!!!

Lindblum

Augur
If investigating is the safest thing then send me to the South shop.

Best to at least know what we can turn into a spare safehouse.

ironyuri

you know you might find weapons in other houses? why not try the hotel first. everyone goes for the police station right away. god damn.

Anabanana

Augur
i think that we should skip investigating and BREACH the police station fast.. blitzkrieg type!!! at least while its still a morning!!!!

Just so you know, there is also the option of "Assault", where you go in, take out any zombies that get in your way, and try to snipe the zombies inside the location you're assaulting. You also get a (usually underestimated) count of zombies in that location that way. It's a bit more dangerous than "Investigate", because you'll automatically engage with zombies, but since it's the first morning you should be fine. Or you COULD just breach the place, though as a general rule special locations have more zombies than empty locations (the ones without symbols on top).

If investigating is the safest thing then send me to the South shop.

Best to at least know what we can turn into a spare safehouse.

Sure.

you know you might find weapons in other houses? why not try the hotel first. everyone goes for the police station right away. god damn.

The police station is right there next to the starting point though, so might as well? LOL

And yeah, other locations will have weapons as well. Not as much as the police station, but there will be weapons. I guess I should warn you that the police station tends to have more zombies inside it, of course. But hey, since it's the first morning, it's probably as zombie-free as it'll ever be...

gendo-pose.jpg

Good citymap; everything important within reach!

I know right!? That starting point is amazing. Easily defensible, the police station and hotel right next to it, with huge supplies of food and tools and medical supplies nearby... THANK YOU RNG GOD!

Dayyālu

Arcane
Good. Lindlum (Shop) and tindrli(Police Station) on Investigate.

When the report come, we hit the less dangerous place with an Assault of 3 survivors (Tindrli- Artabanes-Azira).

To have enough weapons, I suggest for Tentacle to search for weapons and ammo.

Anabanana

Augur
QxeWl.jpg

As you requested, I sent Lindblum to investigate the shop and Tidrli to investigate the police station, while Azira and Artabanes continue with their jobs and Tentacle tries to search for weapons and ammo. She finds snacks instead.

Fec0R.jpg

As expected, the police station has way more zombies (15 at the very least!) than the shop. So as per Dayyala's request, I sent Azira, Artabanes, and Tidrli to assault the shop, which results in absolutely nothing because there are no zombies outside and there are no zombies wandering near the windows so you can't really snipe them. In the meantime, Lindblum and Tentacle finish searching the starting house.

And then I get tired of all this faffing about and send everybody to breach the shop, bringing most of their important items with them.

57kHW.jpg

TqoKR.jpg

It was a success!

So now we're in the shop. Here's the new list of supplies.

nvB4x.jpg

Note at the top that it says there are 4 corpses at the location. This unlocks a new action:

Clean up corpses.

Artabanes 5
Tidrli 4
Azira 4
Tentacle 2
Lindblum 2

Cleaning up a corpses may either give you nothing, a few pieces of ammo or medical supplies. Very, very rarely, you might get a rescue clue.

When there are many corpses at a location, meals at that location will spoil. Occasionally, a corpse will come back to life and attack you.

So, while it's not a priority to get corpses cleaned up, it's always an option. Just so you know. :3

tindrli

Arcane
I can clean the corpses ASAP if team agrees.Also, the store is easier to defend than our previous house or at least it seems to be. and i still think that we should see if tentacle is in the mood for another dildo action and then blitzkrieg the damn police station in 3:00 P.M.

one thing is for sure, we have FOOD!!!
:love:

btw.. Lindblum should start to modify some of the tools that we have

Anabanana

Augur
Also, the store is easier to defend than our previous house or at least it seems to be.

You're right.

i0v9R.jpg

With merely 6 entrances (including windows and doors), it has 3 fewer entrances than the previous house, which will make it easier to secure and fortify. It's also closer to the hotel so it'll be easy to pop over for a quick nap whenever you're tired (if you choose to breach the hotel, that is).

btw.. Lindblum should start to modify some of the tools that we have

What kind of capability would you like him to focus on?

Two zombies bashed with a baseball bat.. :yeah: Fear the Surgeon!

Just wait till you get your ray gun :troll:

Doctor-Horrible.jpg

(Okay I lied there is no ray gun in this game)

Anabanana

Augur
What kind of capability would you like him to focus on?

something to barricade fast

With only 1 star, I think Lindblum would take forever to finish modifying something. Mind if I put Tentacle on the job instead?

Also, any other suggestions for other actions before we assault? breach? the police station in one? two? hours? (Bear in mind that it took two hours for Tidrli to get back from the police station when he investigated it.)

tindrli

Arcane
shit, i meant tentacle... i just realize that police station is not next door. i suggest that breaching hospital which is next door is not bad idea at all. or we could breach hotel instead.. i have a feeling that one of the damn clues must be in a freakin hotel.

next hour
Azira and Lindblum search
Tentacle modify tool
Artabanes Search corpses
Me investigate hospital

Dayyālu

Arcane
Good one. Breaching was the best move.
We are in a good enough shape to storm/breach the police station without casualties?

Get Artabanes to clean up corpses. He's the Cleaner, and tindrli is far better in more useful stuff like Investigating the Hotel or Barricading.
Now we must choose: we stay in this place ( Barricading for tindrli-Traps for Azira- Clean for Artabanes- Search/modify for Tentacle and lindblum)

or we keep mobile- Tindril scouts the Hotel- we Assault/Breach the Hotel or the Police station if wise. Then we fear the night.
The Hotel could be useful... Dwarf Fortress-like disasters(we all take a nap during a zompfie siege) could easily wipe us out.

Your call, Chosen of the Prophet!

One thing.... the school. Ana, the school does have anything useful or peculiar?

ironyuri

apparently clues spawn randomly, so you could find one anywhere any time.

by the way, the zafehouse website says it's a good idea to keep someone on spotting/patrol at all times, set not to engage zombies.

newcomer

Learned
So the rumor did works :)

I have no complaints on my job so far, seems like I'm doing something useful...

Btw, how come Linblum's skill sucks that much? Is his fighting ability very good?

If you guys want to go to the Hospital / Police station which is zombie infested, why not try the warehouse first? We might find some ammo / weapons & proceed to assault the hospital / police station first before going for a suicidal breach?

Or maybe the hotel, which looks useful & close.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom