Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Zafehouse Diaries!

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

tindrli

Arcane
new version is out.. or at least it seems its out.. i dont know but you can all chek it out

Multi-headed Cow

No, I'll try to get to it again, but the Disxhonoredcompocalypse happened and has been stomping all over my gaming time. Probably SHOULD try to press on since I'm not sure how long this group will last anyway what with things looking the way they are.

And thanks for the heads up Tindrli, but I'll probably skip patching just in case it wipes the save. No idea if it would, but since the game seems picky while saving on my machine at least I'd hold off.
Though I do see "Fixed a crash that could occur when saving and exiting the game." in the notes. And windowed mode is nice because the game runs full screen and I have to take pictures the size I have to crop pictures the size I have been for this LP. Got a program to make that easier, but still.

Morkar Left

If you're already occupied with Dishonored take your time.

Anabanana

Augur
Since Multi-Headed Cow is busy with Dishonored for the foreseeable future, I got permission from him to run a few Zafehouse games in his absence! We'll have to leave the current game hanging for now, since I don't have the save file, so I'll just go ahead and start a new game with the people who've applied already. Our current team stands at four people:

Dayyālu

Artabanes
Poor
University
Straight
Male
Middle Eastern
Cleaner
Smart

Dry Hump

Lord Segundo, Esq.
Rich.
High School.
Straight.
Male.
European.
Librarian.
Perceptive.

Lindblum

Lindblum
Money: Poor
Education:university
Orientation: Straight
Ancestry: east Asian
Career: librarian
Special trait:resilient

tindrli

Tidrli
Male
Poor
High school
Straight
Mechanic
Resilient
age 35

Please confirm that you still want to play. Also, we need one more person to round out the team. If I don't receive a new application within a day or so, I'll go ahead and throw Banana back in. Feel free to apply if you've played in previous games, but I'll always give priority to people who haven't played before. Sound good? GOOD. Let's kill some zombies.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't mind dying again, for the greater good.
Male, 30ies, caucasian, middle-class, university, straight, smart, surgeon.

:mhd:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Presence confirmed.
Seeing that the demo could not run on my old rig, I'm going in blind.
I hope for a most glorious death against the servants of Lie and Disorder.

Anabanana

Augur
Tentacle
Female
Middle Eastern
Rich
University
Gay
Smart
Teacher

There's no Teacher occupation in this game (and I'm not going to mod it in). Since that's quite obviously Sekhe, is it all right if I make her an Engineer instead?

Anabanana

Augur

Also, Tindrli, you forgot to give me your ancestry. Please choose from:

Ancestry 1: African
Ancestry 2: Central and South Asian
Ancestry 3: East Asian
Ancestry 4: European
Ancestry 5: Middle Eastern
Ancestry 6: Native American

Anabanana

Augur
pA6sn.jpg

Goal

In order to win this game, you need to find the radio and the frequency to contact the chopper, as well as the location. The other clues such as time are nice, because everybody in a location gets a relationship boost whenever a rescue clue is discovered, but they aren't necessary to win the game. You find clues by searching locations, and less frequently, through special events and cleaning up corpses. The good news is, you only need to search a location for an hour to find a clue if there is a clue present at that location, so you don't need to worry about searching the entire location.

MbIk8.jpg

Here's our town and basic location info.

Gears: Factory
Box: Warehouse
Cross in circle: Hospital
Bed: Hotel
ABC: School
Soda can: Shop
$: Bank
Cap: University
Cross in square: Church
Star in circle: Police station
Book: Library

QeOVD.jpg

Here's a list of supplies. We'll be getting a lot of those, so I won't be listing the individual stats for each, but please ask me if you want to know about any of the items.

oX3Di.jpg

FpzWX.jpg

JQOFa.jpg

ZB1on.jpg

EtCKM.jpg

Relationships

The greener the better. Arrows mean that a survivor is prejudiced against the other person, and hexagons mean that both are prejudiced against each other. You can use rumors to control relationships, but you can only spread it about one person once a day, and it might backfire. If relationships get too low, a myriad of negative consequences might happen. For example, if you put two people with bad relationships on the same job, they might start hating each other even more. If a relationship gets too bad, your survivors will fight and injure each other.

Here are a list of rumors that you can spread about a survivor. Options are in green.

Connection: [Insert name here] and Survivor are distant cousins. They lost contact many years ago because of a family feud/their families moved apart.

Celebrity: He wrote an article for the local paper/wrote a book/directed a film that was slightly/moderately/outrageously popular among poor/middle-class/rich, young/middle-aged/old men/women.

Charity: Through his work as a [insert occupation here], he was known among friends/featured in the local paper/interviewed on television for offering his services free of charge/at a discount to educated/uneducated poor/middle-class/rich people.

Activism: He was a member of/spoke at a rally for/was leader of the local/State/National Association for Concerned [insert occupation here], Occupation, and Occupation.

Crime: He was accused/convicted of committing a serious/minor crime. The victim was gay/a foreigner/racist and male/female, which were/but these were not motivating factors.

Actions

Here is a list of all current possible actions and how many stars each person has for each. The more stars you have, the better you are at an action. The number of stars and the availability of actions will change depending on a variety of factors, and I will try to update you if there is a significant change.

Certain actions will have different options, which will be in green.

Search location for anything useful/weapons and ammo/medical supplies/food and ingredients/tools and scrap.

Azira 4
Tidrli 4
Tentacle 4
Lindblum 3
Artabanes 2

Watch for zombies.

Tentacle 5
Tidrli 5
Azira 4
Artabanes 3
Lindblum 2

Snipe zombies around this location. (You can also chose to snipe zombies in neighboring buildings.)

Tidrli 4
Azira 2
Artabanes 2
Tentacle 2
Lindblum 1

Modify item, focusing on any/close combat/assault/sniping/cooking/barricading/demolition/engineering capability.

Tentacle 5
Azira 4
Tidrli 1
Artabanes 1
Lindblum 1

Patrol outside and report back/attack zombies.

Tidrli 3
Azira 2
Artabanes 2
Tentacle 1
Lindblum 1

Make regular/experimental traps.

Azira 3
Tentacle 3
Tidrli 1
Artabanes 1
Lindblum 1

Barricade entrances quickly and loudly/slowly and quietly.

Tidrli 4
Azira 3
Artabanes 3
Tentacle 2
Lindblum 1

Create a distraction by making noise.

Azira 4
Lindblum 2
Tidrli 2
Artabanes 2
Tentacle 1

You can also choose to move to other buildings. You have three options:

Investigate. (You will approach the location quietly and take stock of the situation, before reporting back.)

Tidrli 4
Tentacle 3
Azira 3
Artabanes 2
Lindblum 2

Breach. (You will attempt to enter the location, killing or incapacitating any zombies that get in the way.)

Tidrli 3
Azira 3
Artabanes 3
Tentacle 2
Lindblum 1

Assault. (You will attack zombies in and around the warehouse without entering for as long as it's safe to do so, before heading back.)

Tidrli 3
Azira 2
Artabanes 2
Tentacle 2
Lindblum 1

Actions that are currently unavailable:

Clean up corpses. (Requires corpses.)
Rest. (Survivors will rest when they feel like it. To order them to rest, survivors must be at a hotel.)
Hold a feast. (Requires one large meal and all survivors at the same location between 6pm and 6am.)
Treat an injured survivor. (Requires a survivor with an untreated injury and appropriate medical supplies.)

Participation

Please discuss and vote for at least one action for each survivor. You can go into as much or as little detail as you want - I'll handle whatever details you don't cover. If you vote to move to another building, you can tell me what items you want the survivor(s) to bring with them, if you want. Otherwise, I'll just assign whatever makes sense.

Feel free to discuss general strategies and long-term plans as well. If you have any questions or want more information, like more information about a location or stats on an item, please ask.

For reference purposes, the game manual is here.

newcomer

Learned
Ah, I found a perfect rumor for Tentacle:

Charity, interviewed on TV, free of charge, educated poor

I hope I will get a suitable task with 4 / 5 star and if needed, paired with other person as skilled as me (exactly same number of stars) OR pairing me with someone with very low skill (1 star) (The reverse is also fine), and possibly no prejudice to me and do not pair me with Lindblum (because his face is so ugly lololol).

If it's building barricade, let's do it quietly. Don't repeat MHC's mistake

EDIT: This is bad, everyone has prejudice against me except Lindblum . But his face is so ugly...

tindrli

Arcane
Well, it could always be worse.. Think im the only mechanic on the planet who cant modify shit.. also Uncomfortable with womens.. hahahaha

For a first turn

Azira and me - Search the house
Tentacle - masturbate with big dildo just to raise a moral and then Modify anything, a gun if possible
Artabanes and Lindblum Baricade loud. its morning and there is no zombies around

Lindblum

Augur
O crap, my stats suck.
I'll search the current location its the only stat I have at 3, fuck this games balancing.

Also I'll have you know that I am a fine Partridge, I was very popular at my old job before I had to escape...

Edit: tindrli shouldn't we search the house its not secure.

Anabanana

Augur
All right, since you didn't come to a consensus, I tried to combine everybody's suggestions in a reasonable way.

For Tentacle, I spread the rumor newcomer suggested and had her modifying a handgun, as per tindrli's suggestions. Here are its beginning stats:

Weight: 1
Target: Single
Close combat: 3 stars
Assault: 3 stars
Sniping: 1 stars
Ease: 5 stars
Quietness: 3 stars
Ammo: 9mm

*The "Assault" stat refers to how well the weapon does when breaching and assaulting other locations, not just assaulting.

I chose to improve its "Sniping" stat because that's its worst stat and it's the only firearm you have right now, so you need it to be able to multitask.

tindrli, I took Azira off the search team and swapped Lindblum in from the barricading team because Lindblum has only 1 star for barricading, but 3 stars for searching. Since laclongquan wanted to trap first, I put Azira to work making regular traps. Artabanes will be barricading quickly and loudly as per tindrli's plan.

Since there are lots of suggestions for barricading, trapping, and modifying, I set the search team to focus on finding tools and scraps so we actually do those things.

Let's see how we do, shall we?

AgRlD.jpg

0itKF.jpg

And... SUCCESS! Everybody loves Tentacle now, thanks to newcomer's rumor!

GyRIr.jpg

Azira threw down three awesome traps, while Artabanes managed to secure two entrances (there are only seven left!)

FVHfc.jpg

Tentacle, having 5 stars in modification, successfully produced a scoped handgun, which now has 2 stars for sniping instead of 1! Also the search team found tons of cool items without getting on each other's nerves in the process!

yxpkt.jpg

What about it, friends? Shall we continue barricading, trapping, modifying, what have you, or would you like to do something else? It's all up to you! The action list is the same as in the first post.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to show this off in the first post. It's the display screen for rescue clues.

4fswC.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hm.With the next rumor we should stabilize the Azira-Lindblum situation. Maybe they were cousins or something like that...and their families moved away.

Then, traps and some scouting (Investigate) before we get hit by the Unholy Ones.The hospital seems a nice target.

Anabanana

Augur
Good idea! I'll spread that rumor once it becomes available tomorrow.

The hospital is fine and all, since it has tons of medical supplies, but if I might make a few suggestions? The police station contains a large stash of weapons and ammo, so if we do manage to break in, we'll have more firearms than we know what to do with. Otherwise, the hotel is also a good place to hit because you can order characters to sleep and regain their stamina instead of having them pass out in the middle of a zombie wave, which might be... inconvenient. The shops tend to contain lots of food and a few weapons, a few tools etc. Factories will have a shit ton of tools for modifying and barricading and stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom