Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Zafehouse Diaries!

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well well well....let's see if I remember right.

Name: Uluç Ali
Education: High School
Orientation: Straight
Ancestry: European (Turks are European, right:troll:?)
Career: Custom Class- KEBAB Seller
Special trait: Strong

Custom career: KEBAB Seller
-Realistic,Social, Conventional
-Strenght 3,Smart 1, Perceptive 0, Resilient 2

kebab_2076_zps0ff1855f.jpg

(cut and paste as you see fit)

For too long the cold dead hands of the kebab removers have infested this city. Now, it's time for the Kebab to STRIKE BACK and reclaim its birthright!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll go with the Swedish Chef again, he didn't receive enough love last time. :yeah: I've juggled his stats around a bit though.

Name: Azira
Money: Middle
Education: University
Ancestry: European
Career: Swedish Chef (variant on the musician).
Special trait: Resilient

Artistic, social and enterprising
Strong 1, Smart 2, Perceptive 2, Resilient 1
Swedish_poser.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Surprised to see this thread back up. Godspeed Grziwatzki. :greatjob:

And for anyone so inclined, Zafehouse Diaries is currently available in an Indie Royale bundle for approximately $6 for another week or so. http://www.indieroyale.com/ And if you care about Steam keys (And why wouldn't you?) Indie Royale is typically good about adding them if/when they become available if the game ever gets greenlit.
Also of note, the developer has been doing a decent job working on the game. Here are the updates that've happend since Anabanana last did an update:

http://www.zafehouse.com/2012/11/patch-v1-1-51-released/ 1.1.51 which added a new dilemma, location, occupation and new items. And various rebalancing and tweaking of course.

http://www.zafehouse.com/2012/12/patch-v1-1-6-out-now-play-road-kill-an-all-new-game-mode/ 1.1.6 which added an entirely new game mode which is my new favorite, Road Kill.
The most exciting addition is an entirely new game mode, called “Road Kill”. Search the town and scavenge for parts for a broken-down vehicle. Your survivors will then have to fix the vehicle before they can drive themselves to safety. To support this new mode, we’ve not only added new content, but modified existing dilemmas and events to reflect the altered objective.
The best thing about Road Kill is that rescue is now entirely in your hands — the game won’t end unless you drive out… or die. Even if you do make it out alive, relationships and the supplies you’ve gathered play an important role in just how well you do. How these affect the end result, well, you’ll have to play and find out!
Road Kill represents the largest addition to the game since its release; it really changes the way you approach the game. You’ll have to re-examine those rock-solid strategies that served you well in Classic mode and try different tactics if you want to succeed.

http://www.zafehouse.com/2012/12/patch-v1-1-61-released/ 1.1.61 which was largely a balance/bugfixing patch.

http://www.zafehouse.com/2013/01/patch-v1-1-7-released/ 1.1.7 which added a new occupation, dilemma, weapons, and replaced/added snazzier stock portraits for survivors and a bunch of dilemmas and items.

http://www.zafehouse.com/2013/03/patch-v1-1-8-released/ 1.1.8 which is the most recent patch and added a new dilemma, weather, a new idle task of showering, and expanded the custom occupation editor.

Grziwatzki

Literate
Ok Anyone else who wants to give it a try? If not i will start the first round with Azira and Dayyalu and myself. What about you Tindril?

lightbane

Arcane
Alright then, let's try again:
yugo.jpeg

Name: MKC (Mandatory Kid character)
Jewgold: Rich
Education: Univ.
Orientation: Cisgender Straight
Ancestry: European
Career: Chef
Trait: Perceptive

The idea behind this character is that I'm someone with a really twisted sense of humor that enjoys making references few people will get children are naturally resilient and tough to kill in horror/slash movies, which means that clearly this guy will be unstoppable... Right? :M

Grziwatzki

Literate
Alright. If there are no additional survivors I will start a round with MKC, Azira, Uluc Ali, random person and myself. Tindril what about your character??

Lindblum

Augur
WAIT WAIT!!!!

I'm in!

Name: Lindblum
Just use my avatar for a pic.
Default Librarian.:troll:

Education: High School
Ancestry: Asian
Special trait: Perceptive

Grziwatzki

Literate
Nice Lindblum! Alright i will make the characters and i think that I will start the first round tomorrow!

Lindblum

Augur
Thanks!

Question will you be adding custom locations?
It would be nice to surprise our band of soon-to-be dinners.

Grziwatzki

Literate
Question will you be adding custom locations?
It would be nice to surprise our band of soon-to-be dinners.

Great Idea I will definitely do that!

Here is my Char BTW:

Dont-Mess-Old-Russian-Women.jpg

Name: Grziwatzka
Ancestry: Central Asian
Special Trait: Baking the best Russian bread ever! Strong
Education: Uneducated
Career: Custom: Woodcutter

Multi-headed Cow

It appears that the Zone claimed Grziwazki, and I got a wild hair up my ass to LP something but don't feel like doing something long. The solution? ZAFEHOUSE DIARIES.

(note: we are definitely going to die because i haven't played in ages and am going to doom us, but harumph)

DGQ2vfH.jpg

We're gonna try road kill. Perhaps we shouldn't, since everyone with a custom career has fuck-all vehicle repair, but our resident librarian probably can repair a car right? I bet.

WOiiRu9.jpg

It begins! 7 Patria street! Since we don't get a quest compass we've gotta remember that protip. Our starting building has 11 entrances and 43 furniture.

uZLiSkt.jpg

Here's our starting reputation pile. MKC and Uluc are best of pals, and Lindblum is generally disliked. That damn bird.

I3f0tOO.jpg

And here's our list of starting supplies. However...

2PRF53F.jpg

7 Patria street is on the other side of town. What should we do, Codex? Try to secure our starting house, or make a run on Patria immediately and hope the car is there? It seems like it would be a good idea to find the car and then secure THAT building, but who knows how difficult finding the car would be?

First person to reply chooses our fate on this one. I normally would try to do one update per in-game day, but since this is a big choice early on I don't wanna wing it myself.

Multi-headed Cow

Ulminati calls it, so we run!

NX8E2aF.jpg

And then I immediately fuck it up by not taking any of our supplies with us. Fuck. Either I've forgotten how Zafehouse Diaries works (Entirely possible) or they rejiggered the way they handle taking shit with you. I thought how it USED to work was you'd send people on an away mission and then it'd give you your equipment list and let you choose what they take. Now they're just hauling ass and left all their shit behind.

Well I'm sure it'll be fine. And if we get immediately eaten within minutes of starting this adventure I'll just pretend it never happened and we can start a new round with the same characters!

mBobgMs.jpg

It took 4 hours to cross town by foot one way, so in the event we DO take this building, hauling our shit back from the starting house will basically be a whole day proceedure.

Still, one zombie outside and seemingly no zombies inside? Not bad. Unfortunately I discover I fucked up in YET ANOTHER way. After checking out the building the whole bro team starts the trip back to our starting house. Again, I could've sworn in Zafehouse Diaries you got to choose the type of mission you were undertaking once you reached your destination, but maybe they changed it and I just wasted 8 hours running us back and forth across town to scout the building. God DAMN it MHC.

m7TwACX.jpg

Everyone's finally home. Azira makes himself useful by finding a snack and finding there are no working showers in the house. Showers are a relatively recent Zafehouse Diaries addition, survivors will get grungy and unhappy without 'em and the occasional shower is good for morale and keeping your reputation with the other survivors up.

Since it's 1PM we should have enough time to get back across town once again, so... Let's do that. This time I pay closer attention and don't fuck it up.

ZSdlvKQ.jpg

There, that's what I wanted. For god's sake Cow.

PuISpmG.jpg

We're in! We've got some zombies crawling around outside, but I'm of the mind we should finish exploring the building first, to make sure there aren't zombies inside who are gonna bite us in the ass. After that Uluc and Grziwatzka are strong and tough and will (Probably) get outdoors zombie cleanup duty.

sRD2sZB.jpg

lliG1cL.jpg

God damn it Uluc! CONSERVE AMMO! STOP MAKING NOISE!

RNQJmfY.jpg

I also see Lindblum's popularity is still falling. Good thing he was the leader of the national association for concerned librarians, kebab sellers, and swedish chefs!

x0jhz94.jpg

Lindblum are you just TRYING to stir up shit with Azira? We'll leave it be. KEEP IT TOGETHER AZIRA!

7rlMHo3.jpg

Zombies. ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE. I swear it's all that fucking gunfire drawing them in. Checking our supplies it appears the journal wasn't giving us supply updates due to hot zombie action. We found a lot of mostly useless miscellaneous shit and a carburetor. So our protip wasn't to the vehicle, but we found a part for it at least. Going to continue trying to search this building, we may not want to STAY here (no vehicle, all the gunfire may have attracted zombies, no showers) but we probably shouldn't relocate during the night.

YOHdZ0d.jpg

OethZmQ.jpg

oHEYbSB.jpg

Alright, sun's up. Here's out situation at present, the building has been 50% searched, there are 18 corpses inside (Bad things can happen because of corpses, naturally), still more zombies outside, and we have a single car part to show for it.

What's the plan now Codex? I would recommend abandoning this building, but if so where should we go? Here's a look at the map.

Bjq6y6M.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

To the bar! Or at least, that was the plan. When I tried to move the pieces the game wouldn't let me. Possibly because we're still tied up with zombies in this building, possibly because of a bug. I'm betting zombie tie-up.

Yep, zombie. 5 zombies attack but we smack 'em all down with no damage. Here's what we're taking with us to the bar:

zIjRYO0.jpg

YuzLEDC.jpg

A shower! Hurray! And a note with the location of an air filter! Of course, we don't even know where the vehicle is yet, but still! At this point I set Grziwatzka and Uluc on zombie patrol outside to hopefully whack down their numbers while the rest of the team continues searching the bar.

d10YdOu.jpg

Zombies smacked! Crossbows found!
Since it's starting to get dark I stop the outdoors zombie patrol. MKC and Grziwatzka are a bit hungry, so I set MKC to making meals.

5jv9SIF.jpg

Shower drama!

HZdlnPC.jpg

Jesus fucking Christ Lindblum!

HLW2Web.jpg

Um... Well... Um...

P52mpMT.jpg

pkD3ofR.jpg

STOP IT LINDBLUM. STOP IT. BAD BIRD.

Ok, our situation. Uluc and Grziwatzka are starving, the bar is surrounded by zombies, we've got no food, Uluc and Azira are crippled, and this is the friendship list.

zvBxjjY.jpg

What's the plan?

lightbane

Arcane
HLW2Web.jpg

:rage:
Traitors! So much for my theory, I can't believe everyone momentarily agreed with that bird to kill a kid.:lol:
I vote for retreating, the bar is not safe.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Traitors! So much for my theory, I can't believe everyone momentarily agreed with that bird to kill a kid.

Lindblum is always right. We're fucked.I vote to end this here, with a sacrifice to let MHC get back to the game and hope that the all-Librarian run will be better.

Aw. But in a fight to the last man and the last bullet....

BREACH in quick succession the three houses south of the bank. We're going down fighting, or get back our BRO spirit from the carnage.

And Light....is that kid from a French show i got a glimpse out while I was in deep despair?
Truly? AND HE'S DEAD! Good. First blood !

Multi-headed Cow

One vote retreat and one vote glorious charge into history and/or houses, so here we go!

HVcIyyP.jpg

Cshr656.jpg

h2DCsEp.jpg

Well shit. Couldn't even escape the first house to breach the second, too much zombie action prevented me from giving orders. Unsurprisingly Lindblum was the last to die, and it took EIGHT FUCKING ZOMBIES to bring him down. Fucking librarians, man.

Lindblum

Augur
Glorious Master Liberian race run!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom