Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Zafehouse Diaries!

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

Anabanana

Augur
Unfortunately, as much as we'd like to mourn our fallen comrade for a little while longer, we can't afford to with Tindrli and Lindblum bleeding all over the bank floor.

EHIFy.jpg

I have them breach the southwest shop (it's next to the warehouse beside the police station).

WRZFg.jpg

Voila! Bandages! Shotgun shells! A bolt action rifle!

Too bad I didn't bring the shotgun and the rifle ammo over with me, eh? :troll:

Z968j.jpg

Everybody's injuries are fully treated now, but Dexter fell asleep on top of the mound of corpses he was trying to clean! Don't worry though, you can still wake him up if you need to move somewhere else - it'd be kind of a dick move to leave him sleeping alone in a zombie infested shop, wouldn't it? Otherwise though, he's out for the count.

Gv3wi.jpg

Here are our supplies and current location.

yuhSL.jpg

And here are our relationships.

Where to now, friends? Back to the bank with our supplies, maybe? Or is there somewhere else you'd like to breach/investigate/assault?

Anabanana

Augur
It's worth remembering that we now have all the clues we need to be rescued successfully. The only thing we technically need to do right now to win the game is to breach the university and wait for the chopper to come, though you might also want to stock up on weapons in case the mob comes back, or maybe you'd like to breach more houses to find the rescue clue that tells us exactly when the chopper will come. It's all up to you~

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Since we have weapons and ammo for now, I say we breach the uni. We can then start hauling stuff there, set up barricades and whatnot. We might even find another clue there. :yeah:

dextermorgan

Arcane
If you can shake me awake then retreat to the bank and continue quietly barricading. Maybe cook some meals. Lay low for the night. We do have some rifle and shotgun shells so we *might* be able to kill those assholes if they come back. I don't know about morning. Maybe assault the university, see if it's defensible (fat chance). I'd like to have the uni cleared for when the chopper starts showing up but stay at the fortified bank until then, only raiding for supplies when necessary.

Anabanana

Augur
7wFZt.jpg

We're holing up in the bank for the night, but we'll breach the university at dawn.

BjZEo.jpg

The bank is now completely secure. And we hear the chopper in the distance, which means it'll arrive soon. Probably a good idea to get to the university soon, eh?

K8wTT.jpg

You know what, guys? I really don't think this is worth it. I mean, sure, we'll get a high-powered rifle and fancy shit that will help us fend off the zombie hordes and all, but we already have all the rescue clues, we're right next to the rescue point, and the chopper is coming in a day or so. It's still your call, but personally I wouldn't go for it.

Anabanana

Augur
Guess what happened right after I turned the hunter dude away?

7FYoa.jpg

FML.

EDIT: Okay, so the bank is completely secure and fully trapped, and also surrounded by zombies, which means that if we choose to fight, some of the zombies and armed men will kill each other off before they can get to us. Also, we've been modifying weapons all night, so...

Lindblum

Augur
Fuck Off.:mob:
You murdered Artie!

Breach the University then just hang tight.

Dayyālu

Arcane
'Day 48

Well, Lord of Order, this time you gave me a bit too much to chew on. The fever is rising steadly, and soon I will join the walking...CORPSES!...
And we're still out of booze. Damn.
Wait! What is this noise? .... A group of unbelievers has come for Dexter! i know, this is my time. Redemption is at hand! If my deeds will be good enough to save my comrades, it'll be enough.
If someone reads this, those are my last dispositions:
-To tindlri, my secret supply of alcohol. It's behind the clock on the dining room. Enjoy it.
-To Lindblum, my personal copy of the Avesta. As a librarian, he should make good use out of it.
-To Azira and Dexter, my best wishes for salvation. And for Azira, a bit of sanity. '

And so Artabanes fell, like his namesake. Well, at least his death was useful (we didn't lose anyone else in the mob attack, and he was indeed a dead man walking).

REFUSE TO HELP THE MAN.
KILL THE LYNCH MOB!:mob:
BREACH THE UNIVERSITY.
The Super-Ghoul will come at the survivors eventually, but maybe the chopper will arrive sooner.
They have the radio, supplies and stuff. get to the University and start Trapping-Barricading.
Bar the piper or some nasty surprises , THIS TIME WE WON!

dextermorgan

Arcane
EDIT: Okay, so the bank is completely secure and fully trapped, and also surrounded by zombies, which means that if we choose to fight, some of the zombies and armed men will kill each other off before they can get to us. Also, we've been modifying weapons all night, so...
I say we avenge Arty and shoot and chop those assholes while they're getting stuck in traps and barricades. The zombies can have the remains.

:salute:
You're just messing with us, right? Right?

Anabanana

Augur
AZIRA NOOO! (At least he had a good meal before he died, sniff.)

HiLEA.jpg

Thanks for taking care of the zombies for us, bros. Really appreciate it.

8a5kd.jpg

Your sacrifice wasn't in vain, Azira! We avenged you and Artabro! It's really too bad that one last guy escaped... :x

ppBXC.jpg

Here are our supplies (we also have 2 ingredients and 3 small meals). We still have ammo left for the rifle, so yay! Also note that thanks to the lynch mob, there are much less zombies surrounding us now!

MayNC.jpg

Our last three remaining survivors. This time, we will prevail! Start assaulting/breaching the university, or should we stay here and modify more weapons first?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Two survivors down, all by human hands. Humanity is still the worse beast, even to the powers of Swedish cuisine.

Beyond all expectations, Lindblum endures. :salute: Immortal or simply lucky?

Breach the Uni, Trap the Uni,Take stuff to the Uni and don't leave the Uni in any case even of we are dying of hunger.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Two survivors down, all by human hands. Humanity is still the worse beast
It's like that thing Romero was talking about.

Anyway, yeah - hole up at uni and hope the chopper arrives tonight. Put me on trap duty immediately.

Azira, my bro, I have no time to grieve... I hope your death is not in vain.

Lindblum

Augur
Not another one...
tumblr_lttcrjiCyD1qht847.gif

Make a break for the university.

Brings everything necessary and make our last stand.

Anabanana

Augur

BxwF6.jpg

Let's assault the university!

jrwmJ.jpg

And again!

ciLSI.jpg

And again! And then people start falling asleep left and right so I bunker down for another night - the rescue clue says that the chopper will arrive at 6pm. Since it's already past 6pm, it means that the chopper will be here TOMORROW night, so we'll be fine.

dR9GA.jpg

I get people modifying weapons, in preparation for our final university breach in the morning.

vXMrD.jpg

The little girl shows up, but I turn her down. There's just no point talking to her at this stage of the game.

tv18d.jpg

We breach the university!

EARlD.jpg

Oh my god I can hear the chopper the chopper is almost here the chopper is almost here the chopper is-

k7Jk3.jpg

YjBj4.jpg

:bravo:

Anabanana

Augur
And there you have it, ladies and gentleman. After 25 pages of infighting, concussions, and horrific death and dismemberment, Codex has finally had its very first successful Zafehouse: Diaries run!

KCWnG.jpg

Artabro was the most damaging survivor despite being the first to go. We wouldn't be here without you bro. RIP, comrade.

ZnE4h.jpg

CmFcZ.jpg

I am still amazed that the final survivors ended up being Lindblum, the useless librarian, Tindrli, who's technically dead, and Dexter, the new guy with the least zombie-fighting experience of them all. I salute you, comrades, and I certainly hope that this will not be the end of our Codex vs Zombies adventures. Heck, maybe Artabanes, Tentacle, and Azira aren't quite 100% dead yet... didn't Tindrli survive, after all?

In any case, congratulations to Dexter, Lindblum, and Tindrli for being the first, and hopefully not the last, people to survive the zombie apocalypse. :salute:

lightbane

Arcane
Congrats for your success!! :incline:

And now what? What about Another run? I'm still wondering what was the deal with that "haunted" school...

tindrli

Arcane
hookers & booze are on me!!!!!!

Just met those lovely ladyies and they agreed to be our PTSD medicine

4yJjf.jpg

Anabanana

Augur
Ok, lets arm up and hit(breach) the university with everything we got.
and it was good to know you all bros, if we manage to survive this hookers & booze are on me.

WE WON, BRO! WE WON WE WON WE WON! BRING ON THE BOOZE!

article-2175751-141DDA67000005DC-350_306x259.jpg

Anabanana

Augur
Beyond all expectations, Lindblum endures. :salute: Immortal or simply lucky?

Remember how we were all hoping that he would die in the first game? I am now firmly convinced that librarian is the best class.

And now what? What about Another run? I'm still wondering what was the deal with that "haunted" school...

I'm definitely up for another run if y'all are! Wanna bring Yugo back, lightbane? Or maybe you want to use somebody else?

Anabanana

Augur
How about a themed party next?

I was actually thinking of doing an all librarian run next, bringing back the librarians of all previous runs. :troll: There were only four though, if I remember correctly, so if you want to submit a librarian character, please feel free to do so? :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom