Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Zafehouse Diaries!

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

Dayyālu

Arcane
-'We thought it was over. Alcohol ran out, and dozens of them keep coming. But then, He rose from the Fallen ones. Like a saviour from...
-SHUT UP! DAMN! WE KNOW! Tindrli got up and chopped at least twenty of 'em with that axe. End of the story. Azira? All right?
-THE NOISES! I...can...hear THEM! ....I can ....make..THEM!
.Dexter, are you sure that they will send another chopper? Guys, time to move!'

Uh-oh. I guess booze-fuelled religious rants did not get well with the surviving members of the group.
First, Rumor:
Artabanes wrote an article for the local paper that was moderately popular among poor, middle aged men. Let's hope it does not backfire.

Tindrli and Artabanes on Search (Weapons and Ammo). They have the best relationship among 'searchers', they should do a decent job.
Dexter on Modifying the Gun or on Traps. Your call.
Azira will scout(Investigate) the Shop.
Lindblum sent to scout the Library. (Is the Library useful at all? if not, I suggest the Deathless Pigeon to the Shop and Azira on the southern house).

Then, if we found some weaponry we hit (Breach) da shop.
iIf the weapons search went bad, we Breach the South house.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Hmm, seems like all that drinking wreaked havoc on my aim I wasn't spending enough time at the shooting range. I suppose buddying up with Artabanes when on watch/search duty should help morale when necessary - with stats that high we should get along well. Otherwise we can take turns. Trap building when we find a place we want to hold on to sounds like a good activity for my toon.

Edit: I keep forgetting to ask, but in a previous incident with a siren-honking armored car asshole, was rushing to the opposite end of town and building a bonfire as a distraction a realistic option?

Anabanana

Augur
Lindblum sent to scout the Library. (Is the Library useful at all? if not, I suggest the Deathless Pigeon to the Shop and Azira on the southern house).

The library gives you +Sharper boosts, which are enhanced (I think) if you have a librarian with you. Which you don't because the Hatoful Librarian is a custom occupation, muahaha. My stance on the library is that it's not totally useless, but definitely not a priority at this stage in the game. But since Lindblum wants to investigate it, I'll do it unless other people vote otherwise.

Edit: I keep forgetting to ask, but in a previous incident with a siren-honking armored car asshole, was rushing to the opposite end of town and building a bonfire as a distraction a realistic option?

Yeah, probably. It's hard to say though, because distractions are so... unpredictable? Yeah. You never really know if the house you run to will be teeming with zombies or not. I mean, it's a given that the house with the bonfire or siren will have tons of zombies, but if you run to the opposite side of town, the horde of zombies you're fleeing from might follow you? Or not. I remember once I made a bonfire distraction and I ran to a house a few blocks away, and it was teeming with zombies. They were probably on their way to the bonfire? I really don't know. But yeah, I generally don't like using distractions for this reason, though I feel like I should because I want to try out different ways of playing the game instead of relying on the same old tactics over and over again.

I'll leave voting/discussion open for a while yet, so please feel free to keep going. :)

Lindblum

Augur
Well then I still say we breach the place and search (once) it for clues. Library.

The price I paid for power...

tindrli

Arcane
Yep.. Its defenetly Codex
just chek out those faces :troll:
nF94f.jpg

Actually im starting to think that its good that we dont have any females in the group as she would defenetly kill herself hahahaha

and its good to be back :D

i suggest a sightly different plan:

Artabanes & Azira : Search house for anything
Dexter: Modify gun if possible
Lindblum: Investigate Bank or library
Tindrli: Breach the house south ( i bet on my arm that i can do it : x ) and search for clues or weapon while dexter finishes modifying and then move to north east shop or that library wich i have bad feeling about it..

First, Rumor:
Artabanes wrote an article for the local paper that was moderately popular among poor, middle aged men. Let's hope it does not backfire.

Agreed

Dayyālu

Arcane
i suggest a sightly different plan:

Artabanes & Azira : Search house for anything
Dexter: Modify gun if possible
Lindblum: Investigate Bank or library
Tindrli: Breach the house south ( i bet on my arm that i can do it : x ) and search for clues or weapon while dexter finishes modifying and then move to north east shop or that library wich i have bad feeling about it..

If Dexter is working on the Gun, I doubt that tindrli can use it for an effective Breach.But if he CAN (game quirk?) that idea is not so bad. If the Gun is not ready,however, we simply do not have weapons for such courage.Hand to hand combat against zombies without weapons is even possible?
Send Lindblum to scout the Bank.Library is not worth it.

Plus, Azira is BAD at searching. This could strain relationships. We can send Tindlri to crush the south house after the first 'turn', while we send a team to Breach the Shop (if there aren't many Soulless in) or the Bank. We need guns.

For a long term plan... the Bank is in a nice central position and if I'm not wrong it has bonuses for defense. While the 'Hunter-Gatherer' model has proven effective, we could try a 'Fortress' type of game, with runs started from a fortified place. Plus it's near the school:)!

tindrli

Arcane
If Dexter is working on the Gun, I doubt that tindrli can use it for an effective Breach.But if he CAN (game quirk?) that idea is not so bad. If the Gun is not ready,however, we simply do not have weapons for such courage.Hand to hand combat against zombies without weapons is even possible?
Well i can always use the deadly frying pan :D

Anabanana

Augur
Well i can always use the deadly frying pan :D

You can, and yes, you can take down zombies with your bare hands, but I'd prefer to keep everyone together for the first hour of searching, just in case we find a rescue clue. Your relationships could use some boosting. :3 But I'll have Tidrli breach the south house by himself with a gun on the second turn, if nobody objects.

I don't think that Dexter will be able to finish modifying the gun on the first turn anyway. It'll take at least two turns, probably more with his level of modifying.

tindrli

Arcane
I don't think that Dexter will be able to finish modifying the gun on the first turn anyway. It'll take at least two turns, probably more with his level of modifying.
GOD DAMN DEXTER!!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU STUDIED MORE!!!

Anabanana

Augur
The rumor worked! Everybody's tolerating Artabanes a little better now. His religious ramblings almost seem cute instead of deeply disturbing.

aD7bl.jpg

h0JJ9.jpg

eYqe1.jpg

I sent Lindblum to the bank instead. And yeah, I'm pretty sure it gives you defense bonuses, though having just a single door probably helps regardless of whether or not you get defense bonuses on top of that.

2LzYH.jpg

Our current supplies.

Where to from here, comrades?

Lindblum

Augur
The NE store pretty much said cache of weapons. Go there then move to the bank.

dextermorgan

Arcane
The NE store pretty much said cache of weapons. Go there then move to the bank.
+1

Does putting two people on search duty make it finish quicker? We're fairly safe at this stage so I don't think there's need for spotters / patrols just yet. The bank sounds like a good defensible position, something to keep in mind for later.

Anabanana

Augur
Yup. The more people you use to search, the faster you'll finish searching. Of course, the higher your ability is, the quicker you finish too. And yup, at this stage we don't need spotters/patrols.

So far, that's 2 votes for everybody to NE store, and 1 vote for everybody to NE store except Tindrli, who will breach the south house with a frying pan (if this wins in the end, I'll probably let him have one of the handguns and most/all of the ammo). I'm going to leave this open for a while longer to see if anybody else has any opinions on which route to take.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Breach the Store with all people. Search for clues & Weapons. (I do not doubt that tindlri could easily Breach any place, but if we find a clue the relationship bonus could prove useful).
Breach the Bank with all people. Search for clues & Weapons.
Breach the Southern house with all people. Search for clues & Weapons.

For a longer term plan:
Back to the Bank. Dexter on Traps, Artabanes and Tindlri on Search, Lindblum Investigate the Shop South-East of the Bank, Azira Investigating the House North-East of the Bank.
With some data on opposition & rewards, we decide if hitting them with everyone or splitting Breach teams/keeping people fortifing the Bank.

tindrli

Arcane
o for fuck sake!!! Artabanes why didnt you gave them that icecream WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

6VGLX.gif

well i know that it will ruin our relationship but i vote we let him live for now at least

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, that was fast :lol:

I say you follow the standard procedure to deal with infected people: Send them to a certain death and fight zombies with their bare hands.

Anabanana

Augur
This excerpt from the Zafehouse forums might be relevant to your interests.

[v1.1.41] patch notes said:
list of the most pertinent changes

[...]

New dilemmas: These you'll have to find on your own. What we will say is that the infection might not be as fatal as researchers first thought...

tindrli

Arcane
New dilemmas: These you'll have to find on your own. What we will say is that the infection might not be as fatal as researchers first thought...

again , i vote that we let him live

Anabanana

Augur
Oh wait, never mind. The game crashed. I'm not doing this on purpose, I swear!

Well well well, it had the exact same outcome. I forget that savescumming doesn't work for this game.

Lindblum

Augur
Try to hit more target nearby to stock up on meds. Live, tindrli was thought to be killed yet here he stands before us. Our group is made up of tougher stuff! :greatjob:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom