Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Wizardry 6 (Warning: Extreme LARP Inside!!)

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
So, I recently came across Crooked Bee's (unfinished) LP of the first four Wizardry games and thought "Dear God, that looks much better than Arena, let's look on Steam!" I found Wiz 6 and started to play. Then, Crooked Bee gave me another idea. Why not rip off do something similar to her. So I sat and thought. And thought. "Gee, what would get those bastards laughing? Oh, I know! Wiz 6 with Bethie protagonists (and Courier) as party members!" And thus was this following abomination born...

Wayward Son

Here's all my characters that I rolled:

Agent of Daggerfall. Figured with a protagonist name like that, he may as well be a thief. Besides, from what I've played and seen, thieves are over-powered.

Here's Champion of Cyrodiil. I figured he's a Bard for two reasons:
A) He'd be a wekaling compared to the others due to how easy his world is
B) Any character in Oblibion turns into Fitarmajetheef by the end. Why not start him like that?

Nerevar. Short for Nerevarine. Made him a mage, because why the Hell not, right? Beside, sorta struck a chord with me.

Dovakin. He's our resident fighter, because in Skyrim, everybody is a warrior sometimes.

And in this corner, we have The Courier, or Courier for short. Occassionally Cour among friends. Which means we'll rarely hear it used here.

LWander for Lone Wanderer. I made him a Priest because he will preach how great Fallout 3 is to all he sees. For obvious reasons, he will usually be ignored...
So, thus our party will be assembled from the 5 Corners of Bethesdendom (and the small village of Obsidian).
Next update:
Our party assembles and delves headlong into a world more difficult than that which they respectively know.

Wayward Son

C'mon... This is too easy! This world is my playground!
*POOF

Goddamn. Just some more rats. This has gotten too easy ever since I hit LV 30.
*POOF*

Thank God. That damn mutie had me out of ammo. Let's see what he's got on him. (Bends down to loot corpse)
*POOF*

Welp. Time to go adventuring again. I had better grab some potions. The sheer amount of time I'll spend there...
*POOF*

C'mon Dogmeat. Let's go play the greatest, most atmospheric, most held together Fallout game there is!!!1!
*reluctant POOF*

Ahhh... Look how badass I am. Look at that bad ass! This armor looks so badass, it was worth the 20 hour (2 hour) quest. And it's level-scaled, just like the rest of (pseudo-)Cyrodiil! So it doesn't break the gaem. HAh Hahhaahahahaaha!
*Sigh* *POOF*

Uhh... Where are we... Ermagerd! Where are my graphix!!1!?
Yeah. How can we have some visceral combat in this type of environment?
Ah. 'T reminds me of Daggerfall.
What!? How does this remind you of Daggerfall!?
Well, this is practically how I started. Wonder if this the same size as Privateer's Hold...
*Looks at Courier* Hey, you look kinda like you belong in the Wasteland...
No. I'm from New Vegas.
Wow... Sounds so... non-atmospheric...
Unlike your theme-park that has orcs, tree-ents and druids?
*Sad* Shut up...
Well, guys. Let's enter. This is gonna be fun...
B-but it looks big!
And non-linear!
Maybe it's level scaled?
Nope... It's not. If you guys go in there with that mindset, you will surely not succeed. You are on a quest to prove that Bethesdan protagonists are capable of doing something difficult. The Agent has already proved this for himself, so he will be your guide.
Wait, what!? I don't wanna have to deal with these people for longer than like a few minutes.
Just shut up! You must find the Cosmic Forge to save the world. I pray that you can become a cohesive enough unit to find the Forge and save the planet...
Cosmic Forge? Will it let me forge Cosmic Armor?
Ehh... Just, please. For the love of god, go inside...

(Next update, the team will actually enter the dungeon and begin their journey into greatness.)

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
nAgjSsB.png

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
So, I recently came across Crooked Bee's (unfinished) LP of the first four Wizardry games and thought "Dear God, that looks much better than Arena, let's look on Steam!" I found Wiz 6 and started to play. Then, Crooked Bee gave me another idea. Why not rip off do something similar to her. So I sat and thought. And thought. "Gee, what would get those bastards laughing? Oh, I know! Wiz 6 with Bethie protagonists (and Courier) as party members!" And thus was this following abomination born...

This thread is both confusing and infuriating - a great shambling hulk of triggering. I shall withhold brofists until something amusing happens. In the meantime, Carry on, my Wayward Son

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I wonder how did you (I mean - your team) handled opening locks. I know it's vidya game and lot of abstraction is expected but flashing squares is not that great.

Wayward Son

I wonder how did you (I mean - your team) handled opening locks. I know it's vidya game and lot of abstraction is expected but flashing squares is not that great.
Ummm... I preesed enter while facing a door, clicked Open, then Pick, then Agent ( who is a thief) I then proceed to do the lock picking minigame. I don't get where the confusion stemmed from.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Ummm... I preesed enter while facing a door, clicked Open, then Pick, then Agent ( who is a thief) I then proceed to do the lock picking minigame. I don't get where the confusion stemmed from.

That minigame....I have Wiz6 from GOG and it flash so frigin fast I would get epilepsy attacks if I had one. Decreasing cycles solve it but still need some luck and lot of reloads.

Wayward Son

Nice! Your characters have absolutely horrible stats tho :P
Yeah... This is my first time through it though, so I don't know how to powergame. Besides, the whole purpose is to show how overwhelmed they would be in a difficult world. Their stats would be low.

Wayward Son

That minigame....I have Wiz6 from GOG and it flash so frigin fast I would get epilepsy attacks if I had one. Decreasing cycles solve it but still need some luck and lot of reloads.
Oh god, I know. The Steam version does the same thing.

Wayward Son

Well, here we go, I've had a lot of trouble with this so far, hopefully from here on out, it can go a bit smoother. Without further ado:
Wrgixm2.png

Damn straight I approach with confidence, I mean look at this badassery! I will destroy-
Just SHUT UP, you fucking MORON! *sighs* Well, let's just carry on, my... friends *coughcough* Enemies *Coughcough*
Whoah, dude, y'alright?
Nothing, just allergic to idiocy.
Ahem! Forward on ye adventurers!
BSe9FId.png
Here we see the entrance to the fist floor. Beautiful, isn't it
Ku92B3f.png
Here is the first combat of the game! Safe to say, we should exit unharmed, right?
Seriously? C'mon! This'll be too easy
E...even I have to agree on this one...
uwVH4Vt.png
Well, looks like it's going great guys!
Oh yeah? Well, I'll take it out with this!
qcHUjgg.png
Oh yeah, totally man, totally...
Pfft. Weaklings.
pGBL2uS.png

Later, during a Rest...
Umm... Nerevarine?
Yes? Oh, Dovahkiin, what is it? I'm very busy meditating...
Well.... Umm... Er.. That is...
Yes, what it is it? Well, spit it out!
Goddangit! Don't you know how hard this is for me? *sobs*
Hey, hey... It's alright. I'm sorry I was so harsh. What's wrong?
I need your help.
Help
I need to know how to fight in this game.
Fight
*sobbing again* It seems like your just picking out the key words and repeating them exactly back!!
*smiles* Key words. Therein lies the secret my friend. Ponder on that.
Later...
T6QK5F6.png

[Intelligence] We should open this one first.
[Intelligence] Well, no shit. [Perception] You're actually a dumbass.
00No5ga.png

sbvxEkC.png

What could that mean? Is it a riddle, Agent?
Only if you're an idiot. The amulet carries a seven-use revival enchantment. Better use it wisely.
[Intelligence] So, what you're saying is, the amulet will revive us seven times.
[Perception] Dumbass.
Gods, what are they doing?
[Intelligence] They don't know what we're doing.
[Superiority] We're doing stat checks.
From finding out what a stat-check is, two of our heroes get a level each:
pBWvMFU.png

PERqre3.png

And from passing their's:
xv7CzeN.png

2N2YSXP.png

And on that wonderful note, we part from our heroes' adventures.
Postword: Sorry for any faults in the quality. I was half asleep while writing this. Next one should be better.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
I hope this is not going to be abandoned soon, too much entertainment is being provided on first page alone :lol:

Wayward Son

I hope this is not going to be abandoned soon, too much entertainment is being provided on first page alone :lol:
Thanks, I don't plan in abandoning it, but updates take me a while to do, I've been busy lately.

Wayward Son

I didn't abandon it, just... postponed it for now. I've been super busy lately and haven't had the time to come up w/ material. I do have some screenshots though...

Wayward Son

Also been trying to teach myself to program RPGs w/ Python( using a text book)... So yeah... Not much time...

Wayward Son

Hey, I know there weren't many people watching this, but felt I shouldn't just make the decision in a vacuum. I lost my pics for this LP. I have no clue where they went. I've already checked all the possible folders. On top of which, I lost my most recent saves, but have kept a backup. So, here are the options for continuing this thread:

A) Start over from the beginning, with the same party.

B) Keep going using my backup save, with a small synopsis explanation of what has occurred.

C) Just let the thread die.

Please cast your vote for the method of continuation.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Please cast your vote for the method of continuation.

Depends if you're enjoying it or not. No point continuing otherwise, and you seem to have other things on your mind. If you do want to continue then I'd suggest using your backup.

Looking forward to your python RPG lets-write project, before you lose all the source code because you didn't use revision control. :smug:

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Depends if you're enjoying it or not. No point continuing otherwise, and you seem to have other things on your mind. If you do want to continue then I'd suggest using your backup.

+1 :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom