Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play Wizardry 6-7-8 Iron Man!

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Let's play Wizardry 6-7-8 Iron Man!
Can we do it? Yes!
CAN WE DO IT?! YES!! :)

Seriously, I need some starting party suggestions and some party building strategies.

I suspect we are going to have troubles, it will be difficult. I suspect lots of grindings. Grinding my teeth :)
But I m sure it will be great fun. Which is the most important.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Where can I find the Cane of Corpus in Wizardry 6? :)
So our party now:
1. Comte the faerie ninja

Dungeon Lord

Scholar

We are in a dungeon. I can see some doors, of course we try to open it. What a curious bastards we are, aren't we? I do not understand, one of the two flashing box has always red color(?). My thief has failed, but not jammed the door (yet).

I have found two rats. My first battle, I am going to eat some rat pie! I have got the recipe from a mad dwarf in Wizards and Warriors. We killed the rats, it was easy, I do not think this iron man will be difficult after all.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Ahh, so you don't need any suggestions for the party? Hrmph.
If you for some reason do, put in Wayward Son the Hobbit Ranger or Hobbit Thief or Elf Wizard.

Last edited:

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Ahh, so you don't need any suggestions for the party? Hrmph.

Okay. Then I am going to wait for some time.
I am using the above party for some practice. Manipulating the cpu cycles of Dosbox for lockpicking is a tricky business. :)

1. Comte the faerie ninja
2. Wayward Son hobbit thief

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
I'd recommend playing the SNES version of Bane instead. You can use Mad Gods to recreate your party for import into Crusaders.

Thank you for the recommendation, but I am perfectly satisfied with the DOS version. I my opinion it has very good and fast user interface.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar

Here is my new party. I am working to reach level2, I am too afraid to leave the first level of the castle using a level1 party :)
And I always jam the doors :)

This is Celtic Frost, my favourite valkyrie.

Last edited:

Mustawd

You men are weak. He kicked you out in order to survive the horrors of what lie ahead. Nothing personal. It's just business.

Mustawd

OP, please add a Ninja called Mustawd to your party when you get a chance. K' thanks.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Fine Mustawd you want munchkinism?
Roll a lord named Wayward Son.
As you can tell, I haven't played much of the game.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
But...you died in the first expedition :(
Never mind, we pretend you are the son of the deceased heroes, like in Wizardry 3 :)
Fortunately in Wizardry 6 you can rename a member any time.
My party is level2 at last!
Here are the level up statistics of the party members:

He will be some day a ninja, I promise. And the god of random number generator want to it too.
I am planning lots of class changes.

A rogue leader woke us up from our dreaming during a rest, but we made him to come to an end in time.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
I used a copper key on a jammed door and no effect? I give my mage the knock-knock spell and it is a failure? I do not like this jammed doors :(

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
A trapped chest

I have to confess the knock-knock spell works on jammed doors, finally I managed to open one. On the picture above you can see a very nice chest in the background. If you can see because of the raving rats. It was a trapped chest.

Mustawd had to inspect it first. It is an OAPIO (???).

Mustawd recognized it could only be a Poison Dagger trap because of the letter I. Nevertheless the trap was blown up in his face. This is an evil game :(

He had to drink my only available precious potion of Cure Poison to save him.

In the chest we found some items, including a Book of Direction, which was learnt by Comte mage.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
We have finished the Main Level of the Castle. I opened every door using the Knock-knock spell. My party is level 3 now. I am making some excursions into the towers before going down to the basement.

On the top of one of the towers. Can you see the blue mountains?

Rats, rats, rats!!! in the towers (and bats and some rogues)

Comte is a Level 3 mage. Would you like to become a psionic?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom