Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play - Wizardry 4: The Return of Werdna IRONMAN

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
After finishing Wizardry 4 on normal mode and I always forget to count my deaths, I decided to begin an ironman game.
a1.jpg

Oooops! I am immediately attacked!
a3.jpg

Ironman game ended :cry:
a4.jpg

TOPIC END.

Cray

Novice
Ouch. I've heard this one was "difficult", but does it really kill you off that easily?

uhjghvt

Scholar
is it worth trying to play the old wizardries? I loved wiz 8 but I somehow missed the rest of the series growing up. I played bard's tale 1 & 3 on a c64 back in the day (and even older stuff than that, anyone remember the standing stones? probably not) but I'm acclimated to non-eye burning graphics these days. are they worth the effort and if so where should I start

ecliptic

Liturgist
Wiz 8 was fantastic, but a walk in the park compared to Wiz 7. I haven't played any of the ones before Wiz 7, but they appear to be even far harder.

[edit] Which is not to say I don't recommend 7. Although I haven't beaten, it stands in my mind as one of my favorite RPGs and is still very playable today.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
This is fantastic. Continue this LP, and in every update you get killed in the second pic. That would amuse me a lot.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
uhjghvt said:
is it worth trying to play the old wizardries? I loved wiz 8 but I somehow missed the rest of the series growing up. I played bard's tale 1 & 3 on a c64 back in the day (and even older stuff than that, anyone remember the standing stones? probably not) but I'm acclimated to non-eye burning graphics these days. are they worth the effort and if so where should I start

Wiz6+Wiz7 is a must play :) in this order.
I liked Wizardry 4 very much. It was a very good idea to make a Let's Play on this forum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom