Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play: WH40k Chaos Gate - Looking for new recruits!

Dayyālu

Arcane
You did the Gate assault without losses on the first try?:bro:

Slaughterhouse? Wait for the Generator Room of the Chaos Fortress. For me it was a bloodbath several times (do they have freaking Plasma Cannons down here?).

Don't worry. The Chaos Ship is even worse, for even smaller places, ambushes and heavily-armed Chaosies.
Be worried about Demonic Flamers - yes, they're quite derpy-looking (2nd edition....but they had so many cool toys then)- but if you do not see them you get more often than not flamed by their Overwatch, causing your Marines to break and more often than not die (flamed units autobreak an fall outside your control).

To solve the problem, Smoke the rooms before breaching or (even better) standard Frag to damage them a little a disable their Overwatch.It works even for standard foes.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If the next mission was a slaughter, I guess you could say you're really looking forward to getting an apothecary, right? :M

When will they appear?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
You did the Gate assault without losses on the first try?:bro:

Slaughterhouse? Wait for the Generator Room of the Chaos Fortress. For me it was a bloodbath several times (do they have freaking Plasma Cannons down here?).

Don't worry. The Chaos Ship is even worse, for even smaller places, ambushes and heavily-armed Chaosies.
Be worried about Demonic Flamers - yes, they're quite derpy-looking (2nd edition....but they had so many cool toys then)- but if you do not see them you get more often than not flamed by their Overwatch, causing your Marines to break and more often than not die (flamed units autobreak an fall outside your control).

To solve the problem, Smoke the rooms before breaching or (even better) standard Frag to damage them a little a disable their Overwatch.It works even for standard foes.
Oh yes it was a Generator Room bloodbath I just went through. Ah it was a Plasma Cannon. I couldn't tell if it was a super-accurate Plasma Gun or a Lascannon or something.

The main thing that fucked me up is that I kept positioning assault units where I thought they could jump... and I finally realized I wasn't allowed to jump anywhere on the map. oh well.

How the fuck do you safely breach the huge Generator room with no mobile assault units to dislodge the plasma cannon and other heavy weapons dudes?

Dayyālu

Arcane
How the fuck do you safely breach the huge Generator room with no mobile assault units to dislodge the plasma cannon and other heavy weapons dudes?

Well, it's possible.
On a first try, you were doomed- i lost 4 marines to that room the first time I entered it-. The only way to 'safely' kill everyone is going full Smoke. I mean, choke them full of smoke, run in with a Librarian with Quickening AND Vortex, keep chugging smokes, use the pillars as cover and pray that the Librarian is lucky enough to kill the Heavy Weapons Dudes. Use Devvie Squad behind the entrance of the Gen to shoot Lascannons and rockets , running back in cover every turn, and a Tac squad to keep chugging Smokes and take hits.But you can do that only after you know what to expect.

I was quite 'Librarian-Heavy' in my playthroughs, so maybe there are other tactics.

Assault marines are not so good in that mission, sadly.
And I was partially wrong. The Chaos ship is, in truth, less letal than the Gen Room bar hidden units (think of Doom closets- they've done the same.Some Flamers/Chaosies are hidden where you cannot spot them, until you walk in and "SHOT").

Dayyālu massacres are hilarious, don't give hints that prevent them from happening.

Khornate spotted. Nice try, traitor.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Writing now.

txa7SLw.jpg

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
- BATTLE REPORT VI: LIKE A DYING ELEPHANT -

m6mage001.jpg
m6mage002.jpg
m6mage003.jpg
m6mage004.jpg
m6mage005.jpg
Brother Juden: My faith is my shield, my fury is my sword!
m6mage008.jpg
The Predator grumbles as we leave it behind, entering the cave-like fortress past the gate.
m6mage009.jpg
The shield generator is past this entrance hall, and accessible via the left or right wing.
m6mage010.jpg
Our first priority is to dig in with the heavy weapons (two heavy bolters were brought, while Storyfag of Squad Corinth holds a plasma gun) and establish control of the hall before us.
m6mage011.jpg
While the Devastators overwatched the hall, Tactical Squad heads into the left tunnel. Half of Assault Squad peels off to provide Close-Quarters-Combat support for the Tacticals, while the other half provides counterattack protection for the Devastators. Assault Brother Helly attacks a Traitor Marine in the southwest while
m6mage012.jpg
Brother Toastboy coils his power fist
m6mage013.jpg
And launches his enemy into the Warp.
m6mage014.jpg
And all seems well.
m6mage015.jpg
Suddenly, in the right wing, Toastboy ducks his head as bolts spin at him from the darkness.
m6mage016.jpg
As if on cue, the west wing is explodes with light and sound and smoke.
m6mage017.jpg
And Berzerkers rush the center line of Devastators.
Brace, brothers!
m6mage019.jpg
Brother Helly! He has fallen during the chaos of battle!
m6mage021.jpg
But the Ultramarines fight on. The forward assault of Berzerkers has failed.
m6mage022.jpg
And their fire support with it.
m6mage023.jpg
More Berzerkers rush 3rd Squad's position.
m6mage024.jpg
But they are easily defeated this time,
m6mage025.jpg
And in order not to repeat past mistakes, they dig into cover and pop smoke grenades.
m6mage026.jpg
From a more secure, entrenched position, it is much easier to handle this watchful Word Bearer.
m6mage027.jpg
The battlefield as of now.
m6mage028.jpg
The west division of units advances further under cover.
m6mage107.jpg
We must proceed up this stairway,
m6mage108.jpg
Across this upper room and down the opposite stairs,
m6mage109.jpg
Through the tunnel-like hallway to another room, with another staircase
m6mage110.jpg
That more or less leads to the room with the shield generator Brother Juden must deactivate.
m6mage029.jpg
Draco quickens Sergeant Timoleon, who is eager to be first into the room ahead.
m6mage030.jpg
He sees two enemies
m6mage031.jpg
Then snickers as his super-superhuman speed carries him around the corner to safe cover.
m6mage032.jpg
Meanwhile two Ultramarines take up firing position, using the lip of the stairway for cover.
m6mage033.jpg
Their shots are off the mark. Sergeant Timoleon is impatient, and an idea pops into his head.
m6mage034.jpg
He uses his enhanced quickness again, dashing behind the Word Bearer
m6mage035.jpg
The Traitor Marine admires his opponent's combat intuition for the two milliseconds the bolt takes to enter his helmet and explode inside his brain.
m6mage037.jpg
The forward defender down, the Ultramarines swarm into the room, assault units pressuring the defenders of the rear stairway.
m6mage038.jpg
In a spontaneous yet coordinated maneuver, Brother Slaughter ducks out of vision
m6mage039.jpg
As Brother Slips slams bolts into the enemy's eyes.
m6mage040.jpg
Only one defender in the next hallway after the stairs
m6mage041.jpg
Hellraiser gives this new student an introductory lesson from his power axe.
m6mage042.jpg
There are still a number of enemies left before the generator.
m6mage043.jpg
We enter the next room, keeping a close eye on the fire lanes.
m6mage044.jpg
Again only one defender,
m6mage045.jpg
Who falls to coordinated fire.
m6mage046.jpg
This bolter - It looks as if crafted by the 10th or the 18th Legion! Timoleon replaces his bolter with the golden one.
m6mage047.jpg
And a unique power axe. Sergeant Hellraiser wields it gladly.
m6mage048.jpg
Gannicus scouts above the stairs
m6mage050.jpg
But suddenly red flames coat his visor, coming from seemingly every direction
m6mage051.jpg
He breaks rank, and then the fire consumes him.
m6mage052.jpg
m6mage053.jpg
Draco and Janus attempt an impromptu firebase, combining heavy bolter and Hellfire.
m6mage054.jpg
Sergeant Timoleon runs to join the duo, but he is immolated by flamer as well
m6mage055.jpg
And a veteran Space Marine falls...
m6mage056.jpg
Draco and Janus send furious bolts that down the Chaos Marines in the closest doorway.
m6mage057.jpg
But there are too many to handle for two, and no secure position for additional support.
m6mage058.jpg
Way too much opposition. Time to back out.
m6mage059.jpg
Now we wait for the enemy to come into our kill zone.
m6mage060.jpg
The stairs quickly pile with red-clad corpses. After some time, the Word Bearers realize their tactical mistake, and start lobbing frag grenades in frustration.
A shard of debris stabs into Draco, pinning him to the ground. The icon for his vitals fades from the visions of the other Marines...
m6mage062.jpg
But it was no victory for our enemies. Only one enemy was left by the end of the barrage.
m6mage063.jpg
The reward for treachery... Retribution.
m6mage064.jpg
Not many Traitors left between us and the generator. Half of the red dots are enemy positions we have bypassed.
m6mage065.jpg
The squads file into the hallway, assault units ducked in cover while the rest have guns out.
m6mage066.jpg
Brother Toastboy: This berk is mine.
m6mage067.jpg
m6mage068.jpg
Now, we methodically take position with fire support at the room's ports.
m6mage069.jpg
I think this one has a plasma cannon.
m6mage061.jpg
This one, a missile launcher.
m6mage070.jpg
We use smoke to cover our movements
m6mage071.jpg
Guilliman would be proud.
m6mage072.jpg
With no opposition when the Marines dug in at the entrances to the room, they proceed to fan out into hard cover behind the pillars. By spreading the Marines, the renegades have to contend from every direction, and cannot predict where the concentration of force will occur.
m6mage073.jpg
This guy looks like a lord, with a fancy robe.
m6mage074.jpg
With our heavy weapons outmatched by the enemy's, the focus instead swings to the assault squads. Goku and Toastboy run up the right flank while Hellraiser and Slaughter take the left. There is enough soft cover to cover their advance.
Or so they think.
m6mage076.jpg
A searing blue globe simultaneously burns and slams Goku to the ground. Both his hearts drum wildly, almost erratically, and tendrils of black threaten to rob his vision.
m6mage077.jpg
With a groan - a noise not unlike a dying elephant's last angry effort - Goku stabs a pack of emergency stims through the soft armor close to his groin.
m6mage078.jpg
Goku, you see, is unique among the extraordinary. Every time he falls, he returns stronger.
And so, he batters back the blackness in his vision. Then he snarls, replying as if he had simply been backhanded, and launches himself at the Traitor Marine.
m6mage079.jpg
Toastboy joins the fray.
m6mage082.jpg
m6mage083.jpg
m6mage080.jpg
Brother Awesome
m6mage081.jpg
Purges this heretic.
m6mage084.jpg
Goku, still red with rage, flies at the last Chaos Marine - the one with the missile launcher.
m6mage085.jpg
Explosions of sparks echo each impact of the power fist.
m6mage086.jpg
The Chaos Marine looks confused as Goku suddenly drops from his vision.
Then a krak grenade fills his right eyeport.
m6mage087.jpg
All clear, Brother Tech-Marine.
m6mage088.jpg
After a few rolls...
m6mage089.jpg
m6mage090.jpg
The shield is down.
Promotions and awards:
m6mage091.jpg
m6mage092.jpg
m6mage093.jpg
m6mage094.jpg
m6mage095.jpg
m6mage096.jpg
m6mage097.jpg
m6mage098.jpg
m6mage099.jpg
m6mage100.jpg
m6mage101.jpg
m6mage102.jpg
And deaths:
m6mage103.jpg
m6mage104.jpg
m6mage105.jpg
m6mage106.jpg

Dayyālu Helly Commissar Draco

That stairway was a slaughter, but overall another success.

Also, I killed heretics, which was great.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ouch. Timoleon fell, blinded by flames.

Can I reroll a Character;)?

Brother-Sergeant Ollanius , Squad IV (there is still people in squad IV? Can you give us a screen of the actual Squad Composition?).

1225596941657_zpsf2730dcb.jpg

Retconned to death, of course.But still great.

Grind them up a bit, Mongoose! I trust in ya! And I think the Crux Terminatus is given for 5 kills in a mission, not simply for Veteran status.

lightbane

Arcane
I'm still waiting for an opportunity to see my avatar in action. Howeverm the carnage was awesome, Khorne is pleased:flamesaw:

oscar

Arcane
Is it just me or have I not been in a single battle? Is our squad the C Team?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Pick a more unique name for your rerolls, fags.

oscar you've been in combat a lot. I alternate between 2nd and 3rd squad pretty evenly.

eklektyk

Erudite
guys!!! u do know that soon we will run out of meatshields and its GAME OVER ???
its not nefwagpopemoleconsoleshitgame with infinite soldiers and weapons ....

it would be pretty :troll: if on second to last mission this LP could end+M

Suroh

Literate
HA
THE EYE OF TERROR CANNOT HOLD B0RIS!
THERE ARE TWO MIGHTY HEROES IN THE SERVITUD... SERVICE OF THE EMPRAH!
BROTHER KSLIPS and BROTHER B0RIS!
FPl8SjP.jpg

storyfag didnt happen yet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom