Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play: Wasteland 2 - Solo

sser

Arcane
Developer
Solo = creating just one character and using recruited allies. After a little while this will essentially be a blind Let's Play.

I'm seven episodes in and will try and update daily if I can. I've apparently made some huge mistakes in where I've gone on account of not paying attention to the dialogue. If you wanna see me fight enemies way above my level with a rag-tag band of wastelanders, you've come to the right place.

One thing, I'm not super-used to talking into a mic and playing at the same time, so bear with me. I also have to train my voice. IMO, I get better as I go along, though I do have an episode or two where I sound a big taxed as I lost a lot of footage and essentially had to replay the sections. I talk about various things as well, not just the game, as there's some room to get off-topic. Also make observations about Wasteland 2's gameplay, good and bad, and also just curiosities like how the gameplay kinda fundamentally changes when your party lacks lots of skills. My primary goal is to just finish the Arizona area, though I might try and do California if I can. This is Ranger difficulty.

sser

Arcane
Developer

Part two. I take on the Wreckers at Highpool. The first example of mistakes being made, notably that I'm missing someone in my party, but whatever.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:thumbsup:

Good going, even if having companions isn't technically "solo". :P (Yeah I heard what you said in the first video about the game being strictly speaking unsoloable.)

sser

Arcane
Developer
:thumbsup:

Good going, even if having companions isn't technically "solo". :P (Yeah I heard what you said in the first video about the game being strictly speaking unsoloable.)

Yeah, when I searched around to see if anyone was doing anything solo it boiled down to: well, you could cheat and make a super-character and technically solo, or you could make 1-character and play the game with no created party, only recruits.

I just went with the 'solo' title because "Solo, but not technically not really" wouldn't fit on my YouTube description/image.

2nd half of Highpool will be tomorrow, then Ag Center, then a case of going the wrong wayyy hits me, but I push through it anyway. I think that will be entertaining, because I take on challenges I'm not supposed to, with a crippled party I'm not supposed to have. The later episodes are just better in general.

sser

Arcane
Developer

Finishing Highpool.

I'm beginning to wonder if a smaller party actually ends up streamlining the game. A lack lootwhoring pretty much channels your forth at an expeditious pace.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Yeah it's not the most interesting, even when I cut it down to just action. Wasteland 2 also has an epically slow start so that doesn't help matters. I do end up fighting into the prison with a low level party for what it's worth.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Meh, I was enjoying it. Picture LP's get tedious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom