Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat

MISSION: BUGMAN'S BREWERY (briefing and battle) AND THEN LOREN.

Episode in which we complete mission waaay more important to us all than getting some lazy ass elf to Loren.

azguz.jpg

Bugman's Brewery needs assistance in repelling attacks by a drunken Giant. If we can drive him away you'll each have a kef of beer as well as your fee.

envoy.jpg

The Dwarven guards at the brewery have recently been called to Zhufbar, leaving it virtually defenceless. Bugman's brew is the finest beer in the Old World. We cannot allow it to be wasted on ignorant Giant.

f1bm7a.jpg

This is an outrage! We cannot allow ignorant giant to get wasted on Bugman's brew!

2rqm4wg.jpg

We can't waste any more time!

f1bm7a.jpg

Shut up Ceridan, this is serious!

We quickly gathered what men were avaible and rushed to Bugman's Brewery before it's too late.

We took:

Jarema's cav.
Cleve.
Keeler's Bowmen (fucking waste of money)

And some Ass-gas Bloodfists men.

bat1.jpg

We start here. We put Keeler and Cleve in front and rest in the back so they can watch the show.

bat2.jpg

Drunken giant.

bat3.jpg

Brewery. It CANNOT FALL! Since rest of this mission is banal-shit-boring shoot giants with hunting spear there will be no commentary.

bat4.jpg

bat5.jpg

bat6.jpg

bat7.jpg

bat8.jpg

He looks like he's sleeping...

bat9.jpg

bat10.jpg

bat11.jpg

bat12.jpg

bat13.jpg

bat14.jpg

"mission" complete.

debreif1.jpg

debrief2.jpg

debrief3.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Ok Ceridan, now we can go to Loren

ORDERtoloren.jpg

Since we are cheap, we decide to got with only cav and Ceridan.

routetoloren1.jpg

clip-clop...

envoybyebye.jpg

Ungrunn's envoy wishes us "good lu" and we part our ways.

plot1.jpg

plot2.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Wołodyjowski, if you just saw this douche when we were seeing emperor. (in faggy voice) "I'm descended directly from long line of douchebags, help me emprah, you are my only hope!" What an asshat, I'm telling you...

plot3.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

What the hell did you get us into, Cerdian?!

plot4.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Shoot those fags with great cannon and slit Ceridan's throat!

plot5.jpg

plot6.jpg

safepassage.jpg

safepassage2.jpg

routetoloren2.jpg

clip-clop...

debriefloren1.jpg

debriefloren2.jpg

GOLD.jpg

Holy shit, we are rich. But we didn't get any reinforcements so I don't know what the hell is going on (we should get some).

gnarl1.jpg

gnarl2.jpg

At least some cool looking Treeman decided to join us.

faggots1.jpg

faggots2.jpg

...But he bring some faggets with him.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You'll be glad those fags joined up. They're gooddamn machinegunners, especially once they get some more experience (which should go fast, even unlevelled, their ballistic skill (and thus their chance of hitting the enemy) is on par with your current best. 4 BS means you hit on a 3+ on a d6. Wait 'till they get BS 5..). Call them whatever nicknames you want. Their efficiency is monstrous.
Oh, and since they're firing longbows, their arrows will travel in a ballistic trajectory. You can use that to your advantage with careful positioning. :smug:

MISSION: PATROL LOREN (Briefing and AMBESH!)

Episode in which elfs are cheap-skates who pay peanuts for suicide missions...

brief.jpg

fag.jpg

We have been under attack from Skaven in the Grey Mountains for some time now. At first they descended on our outlying encampments but the vermin penetrate deeper into the forest with each new attack. They clearly seek something or someone. Would you help us patrol the eastern foothills of the Grey Mountains?

brief2.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Sure, if you'll pay us.

We took:

Cavalry.
Cleve.
Crossbows.
Galed's Cheerfull Company of Loren's Gayest.
Gnarl the Treedude.

I basically stopped making troops selections screenshots by now because I sometimes redo missions trying not to waste too much money because I have feeling that soon we will have to field bascially everything we have and I'm afraid of going broke.

AMBESH%2521.jpg

AMBUSH!

bat1.jpg

We quickly turn off AI control and start to organise our troops.

bat2.jpg

Holy shit, that's a lot of rats.

bat3.jpg

Our soldiers are in position and we send Cleve shouting "PUSS! PUSS!" to scare the shit out of skaven (pro tip - It didn't worked).

bat4.jpg

Since rat diplomacy failed, we entangle one stormvermin regiment.

bat5.jpg

Then we nuke other stormvermin with Flock of Doom.

bat6.jpg

Rats are properly entangled and are not going enywhere so we order Cleve to get the fuck out of there.

bat7.jpg

Like so.

bat8.jpg

Jarema reached his destination but I completely forgot why I send him there, so I order him to get back.

bat9.jpg

Rats are chasing Cleve and Galed is all like "FIRE! FIRE! FIRE" I mean, Fletcher is good but he ain't go shit on Galed.

bat10.jpg

MG-42 Galed routed clanrats so we order cleve to continue looking scary while his mana regenerates.

bat11.jpg

Skaven tries to kill Cleve with warpfire but they fail.

bat12.jpg

They got one elf though.

bat13.jpg

Our right flank is exposed so we order Gnarl to charge rats there.

bat14.jpg

Meanwhile, Cleve regained mana and is nuking clanrats.

bat15.jpg

Gnarl scared the crap out of stormvermin and made solemn vow to chase them to the end of map. So Jarema have to deal with clanrats.

bat16.jpg

Waves of rats and warpfire everywhere, story of our lives.

bat17.jpg

Galed and Cleve fends off clanrats.

bat18.jpg

Jarema fights clanrats and I'm sobbing a little because I'v lost hope of getting any reinforcements by now.

bat19.jpg

We beg Tree-Dawg to stop chasing those damn stormvermin, but he don't listen.

bat20.jpg

Cleve tries to pick off grey seer with hunting spear.

bat21.jpg

Jarema got butt-charged and I cry like a little bitch.

bat22.jpg

They routed clanrats but still are being attacked by stormvermin for behind. So they call the names of potato gods and promise that if they are going to die anyway, they will take as many skaven with them as they can.

bat23.jpg

But they routed stormvermin and didn't died at all, s this whole promising was kinda stupid and they feel a little bit silly.

bat24.jpg

Meanwhile, Cleve killed one grey seer and Treedude stoped chasing stormvermin so I ordered him to charge something else.

bat25.jpg

Gnarl is liek "RAARGH!" and then skaven are liek "FLEE!".

bat26.jpg

bat27.jpg

Remaining gery seer casts some green stuff on Cleve. And Jarema tries to photobomb this screenshot.

bat28.jpg

I made completely retarted decision by ordering Gnarl to charge stormvermin. They are entangled and will fight to the death.

bat29.jpg

Some warpfire team re-grouped and tries to kill our range units.

bat30.jpg

bat31.jpg

But our machineguns shoots back and warpfire team essplodes!

bat32.jpg

Meanwhile Gnarl continues to fight entangled rats and Greey seer is discussing pythagorean theorem with Cleve.

bat33.jpg

Grey seer died during discussion and warpfire teams were killed by Galed and Fletcher. So we order Gnarl to flee because we don't want to loose him.

bat34.jpg

And we nuke entangled rats with Flock of Doom because it's safer.

debrief1.jpg

debrief2.jpg

Reward are peanuts, many people died and this shit isn't even over yet. But we continue our patrol because we are honourable mercenary company.

route.jpg

clip-clop...

EDIT: Galed may be faggot, but he's OUR faggot now.

MISSION: PATROL LOREN (Ambush 2)

In this episode - FABULOUS storm of arrows.

Ambush%2521.jpg

bat1.jpg

We use pretty much exactly same tactic as before.

bat2.jpg

We turn off "retardo mode", order our range units to form a line and tell Jarema to go north-east and hopefully get attention of some rats.

bat3.jpg

Doomwhell, I don't know what the hell it supposed to be.

bat4.jpg

Line is formed and Jarema reached secret places so we order Cleve to move north.

bat5.jpg

We assigned Tree-Dawg as his bodyguard.

bat6.jpg

Jarema rides near the enemy yelling bad things about their mothers to get their attention.

bat7.jpg

Doomwheel got close so we killed it with Hunting Spear because Flock of Doom don't seem to work very well with 1 unit regiments.

bat8.jpg

We order our range duo to unleash hell.

bat9.jpg

Apparently cleve is fighting something (this fucking game man...) so he can't move, at least he can cast spells.

bat10.jpg

Cleve still can't move and there are so many rats that even Galed can't kill them quick enough.

bat11.jpg

We order Gnarl to charge stormvermin...

bat12.jpg

And leave Cleve defenceless. Clanrats took opportunity to charge our amber wizard. So we panic and order Galed to shoot at rats while aiming ABOVE cleve.

bat13.jpg

And then quickly cast flock of doom on them.

bat14.jpg

And this bat-shit crazy plan somehow worked. And Cleve finally can move!

bat15.jpg

Meanwhile, Jarema rides aimlessly dragging some rats behind him.

bat16.jpg

Treedude was routed by stormvermin.

bat17.jpg

bat18.jpg

We order Galed to do his trick again.

bat19.jpg

Stormvermin got decimated by one volley. I'm sure Gnarl did this on purpouse, faint retreat or some sneaky shit like that.

bat20.jpg

Cleve nukes one remaining clanrats regiment.

bat21.jpg

Gnarl calmed down and Jarema brought some friends to the party.

bat22.jpg

We prepare nasty surprise for skaven marauders.

bat23.jpg

bat24.jpg

bat25.jpg

bat26.jpg

And that's it!

debrief1.jpg

debrief2.jpg

route.jpg

clip-clop...

finaldebrief.jpg

finaldebrief2.jpg

gold.jpg

We are still rich. Also, we got reinforced, sort of... Jarema got 2 more dudes and that's it. He's at 9 out of 12 right now.

MISSION: POISONED WIND (Briefing and Battle)

Episode in which Jarema is amazed by the sight of real forest...

brief.jpg

fag.jpg

Skaven Plague Monks are attacking our beloved forest to the north, killing trees and animals with their putrid filth. We must cleanse our home of them before the forest is damaged beyond repair.

f1bm7a.jpg

Allright men, you heard the man. It's time to kill some monks...

ORDER.jpg

We take Brzęczący Szczebrzeszyn this time, because we can. And I finally made a screenshot of troop selection!

route.jpg

clip-clop...

bat1.jpg

Crap. If I knew it will be such a cluster-fuck of trees (One would think that word FOREST should be clue for me...) I wouldn't bother with artillery. But what's done is done and we have a lot of gold anyway.

bat2.jpg

Enemy of the day. Plague Monks, no idea what they are all about but I plan to kill them from afar, just in case.

bat3.jpg

This is how we deployed. I think it was best choice we had becasue at least it gives great cannon SOME line of fire.

bat4.jpg

We press "start" and Plague Monks are approaching.

bat5.jpg

Artillery dude screamed "FIRE" so we wait in anticipation...

bat6.jpg

They hit! with all those trees! god damn!

bat7.jpg

Then they shoot some more.

bat8.jpg

But missed this time.

bat9.jpg

We wait for plague monks to get closer before we shoot again. You don't have to save cannoballs but your cannon can be destroyed if he missfires, so it's not good idea to shoot with it like there's no tomorrow.

bat10.jpg

BOOM!

bat11.jpg

But there is still a lot of them.

bat12.jpg

We order Galed to shoot at routing monks so they won't re-group.

bat13.jpg

More monks dying to our artillery fire.

bat14.jpg

One regiment got close enough for Cleve to cast Flock of Doom.

bat15.jpg

Left flank is secure but more monks approaches from our right. Since it's blind spot of our range units we order Jarema to get the hell out of there.

bat16.jpg

We try to shoot monks with bows but trees are in the way. So we order Jarema to retreat even further.

bat17.jpg

And nuke monks that were following him with Flock of Doom.

bat18.jpg

More monks. On our left this time, we cast FoD and order Galed to shoot at them.

bat19.jpg

bat20.jpg

They flee. But some regiments re-gouped on the right and since I don't know what they are about I'm afraid of engaging them in melee.

bat21.jpg

We tried to move Galed little bit north but we were too slow.

bat22.jpg

Cleve nuked one regiment but Galed is fighting the other. And everybody is too chiken-shit to help him.

bat23.jpg

He's doing fine anyway...

bat24.jpg

He won, but lost two men. Oh well.

debrief1.jpg

Actually Galed lost just one man, other one is only wounded.

debrief2.jpg

We clip-clop our way back to the camp.

route2.jpg

camp.jpg

galed.jpg

Galed got reinforced and now is at full strength. And that's it, things are pretty straightforward... for now.

Those elven archers have been racking up the kills and xp nicely already. Have their stats improved yet?

To be honest, I don't know how stats work for range units in this game so I didn't even bothered checking. But I will make Troops Status update in next episode.

Erebus

Arcane
From what I remember of WFB, Plague Monks can be rather devastating in close combat, so destroying them from afar may indeed have been for the best.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Those elven archers have been racking up the kills and xp nicely already. Have their stats improved yet?

To be honest, I don't know how stats work for range units in this game so I didn't even bothered checking. But I will make Troops Status update in next episode.

In the tabletop version, your BS is your inverted chance to hit on a D6 roll. It goes like:

BS 1 = you hit on rolling 6
BS 2 = you hit on rolling 5 (and also 6, obviously)
BS 3 = you hit on rolling 4
BS 4 = you hit on rolling 3
etc.

The chance to hit can also be modified by range, obstacles, etc.

Once you hit something wounding rules come into play. But I can't recall the table for that at the moment.

Now, I've no idea if the above tabletop rules also apply in this version :troll:

MISSION: RESCUE (Briefing and Battle)

----------------------
Troops Status Update:

cav.jpg

inf.jpg

cross.jpg

amber.jpg

black.jpg

ceridan.jpg

ragnar.jpg

keeler.jpg

bright.jpg

cannon.jpg

celestial.jpg

galed.jpg

gnarl.jpg

greatcannon.jpg

greatsword.jpg

halberds.jpg

hammer.jpg

hellblaster.jpg

----------------------

brief.jpg

fag.jpg

The attack on our forest to the north was clearly a decoy to lure our warriors from the heartlands. I have just recieved a word that our High Elder has been kidnapped by Clan Eshin Gutter Runners on his journey here from Kingsglade. They are travelling above ground, no doubt towards an entrance to their tunnel network.

2rqm4wg.jpg

He will undoubtedly be tortured until he speaks or dies. We must get to him before he can reveal the location of the menhir of Athel Maraya.

fag.jpg

I have assambled a rescue party already. We have gained some knowledge of the Skaven tunnels which leads into the Vaults and are attempting to block these routes in the forest.

ORDER1.jpg

ORDER2.jpg

ORDER3.jpg

route.jpg

clip-clop...

bat1.jpg

We start here.

bat2.jpg

Again, a lot of rats. But skaven stopped to be very scary to be honest.

bat3.jpg

They have grey seer.

bat4.jpg

Warpfire teams.

bat5.jpg

And some black dudes. Clan Eshin Assasins?

bat6.jpg

No matter what they got. There is nothing Brzęczący Szczebrzeszyn cannot deal with.

bat7.jpg

We start battle by ordering Jarema to drag some rats away from our main force.

bat8.jpg

And then artillery barrage begins.

bat9.jpg

And warpfire team was first casualty!

bat10.jpg

Jarema got attention of grey seer.

bat11.jpg

bat12.jpg

bat13.jpg

bat14.jpg

bat15.jpg

Even though great cannon is deadly as hell, some skaven slipped through it's fire. So we send Cleve to kill them.

bat16.jpg

bat17.jpg

While cleve was casting FoD, great cannon killed another stormvermin regiment and basically skaven are fucked by now. Their main attack force is routing and those few rats that are following Jarema are in no position to threaten us.

bat18.jpg

We order Jarema to lead remaining skavens in range of great cannon.

bat19.jpg

FIRE!

bat20.jpg

Even Horned Rat can't help them now.

bat21.jpg

Only grey seer is left so we let Cleve have magic duel with him. Not very fair duel though...

bat22.jpg

bat23.jpg

MAJESTIC!

debrief1.jpg

We bitchslapped skaven but we were unable to locate High Elder.

debrief2.jpg

debrief3.jpg

debrief4.jpg

Since High Elder was not rescued we didn't got paid. Fucking elves man...

plot.jpg

plot2.jpg

plot3.jpg

And picture faded away before I was able to read out what they said...

plot4.jpg

plot5.jpg

plot6.jpg

plot7.jpg

2rqm4wg.jpg

The crystal is whole again! The sword I wield contains a runed sister stone and it's message is clear. The menhir has been activated and its direction is painted in the winds of magic. It lies there to the east! Leave the woodmen to hunt for their elder. Time has run out! We must hurry now to reach the menhir first.

deitrich1.jpg

deitrich2.jpg

Erebus

Arcane
Fucking elves apparently think we should spend our own money to fight for them.

anus_pounder

Arcane
This LP inspired me to play Dark Omen. First mission - Cavalry, Cannon and Crossbows give a good account of themselves. I charge full strength grudgebringer infantry against the last 4 Goblin Archers. Goblins kill 5 (out of 20!) and make infantry retreat, take only 1 loss. :retarded:

Erebus

Arcane
How useful are Fire Wizards and Celestial Wizards compared to Amber Wizards, exactly ?

MISSION: FINAL BATTLE

Episode in which Jarema tell's us how he beat mighty orc Warboss Urgat.

brief.jpg

2rqm4wg.jpg

We must hurry now to reach menhir first!

brief2.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

But we still got some Bugman's brew left...

2rqm4wg.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Allright Ceridan. Men! Prepare to march for the menhir!

ORDER1.jpg

ORDER2.jpg

ORDER3.jpg

route1.jpg

clip-clop...

plot1.jpg

plot2.jpg

plot3.jpg

route2.jpg

azguz.jpg

Envoy Goldtongue has told us of events. We have seen the power of the Elf rock and by orders of our high King were sent here to assist your efforts to destroy it.

2rqm4wg.jpg

The menhir will not be destroyed. It must be saved!

route3.jpg

clip-clop...

2rqm4wg.jpg

We are under strength sir. We should seek the Emperor's help at Nuln before we continue.

fag.jpg

My scouts report a large army of greenskins approaching.

f1bm7a.jpg

We will have to fight through them to get to Nuln!

azguz.jpg

Agreed! Let our axes feast on their flesh!

beforebattle.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

MEN! Prepare for battle, we need to to get to Nuln!

bat1.jpg

This is where final confrontation with Urgat will take place. SotHR 3d engine is so dodgy that I am not sure if we are going to be fighting uphill or downhill. But it doesn't matter! if it's uphill, then let it be! our bodies will have easier time to roll to the grave... or something.

bat2.jpg

Greenskins horde. Mostly savage Big'Uns who can cut grown men in two with one blow and Black Orcs known to be best among orcs at the art of warfare. They have some artillery support. Two rock lobbers and two doomdivers. But it is military genius they are deling with! So I deployd out of their range... probably forcing us to fight uphill, but we'll be fine... maybe.

bat3.jpg

This is our main concern. Goblin shaman champion flying on some green shit. It's a wyvern, or some other lizard-thingy. It also could be dragon. Actually, when I look at it... I'm not biologician god dammit and it doesn't fucking matter anyway!

bat4.jpg

This is how we deployed. Two cannons, side by side. So when one will blow up, the other will also go to hell... and we will be without artillery support. Deitrich? what is the chance of Imperial Great Cannon exploding? What do you mind we don't have a time to re-deploy them?... Allright, don't worry men. This deployment is perfect...

bat5.jpg

Battle begins and orc horde is on the move. Out there in the distance we can see Wolf Rider regiment. They are fast and deadly. Recruited from the best among goblins... but their mounts are even more dangerous! and there is no point in running away, men. So dont! running away only makes them mad, so they will torture you before killing! Crushing your bones first, and then they will go for the squishy parts!...

- Jarema would you shut up? They are coming for the Bertrand flank, and you know that he is allergic to canine fur, and you make him nervous.

f1bm7a.jpg

Order artillery to fire!

stableboy.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

What the fuck are you looking at? You have your orders!

stableboy.jpg

I'm stable boy, sir and this is cavalry camp. Artillery positions are in the center. Ask for Col. Edward "Sureshot" Heinbach, sir.

f1bm7a.jpg

Goddamit...

trenches.jpg

Shit, shit, shit, shit...

f1bm7a.jpg

Is Edward "Sureshot" Heinbach one of you fucktards?

trenches2.jpg

Yes, sir!

f1bm7a.jpg

Then tell him to shoot at Wolf Riders!

bat6.jpg

bat7.jpg

bat8.jpg

bat9.jpg

Behold the force of our mighty cannons made by power of the human intellect men! This is exactly what makes us different from orcs. If one of us were hit by a cannonball, everyhing around him would be red of blood and yellowish from guts, but mess orcs made is clearly green!

Good job Heinbach, keep shooting.

bat10.jpg

Now, observe Amber Wizard at work. He's surrounded by orc and he don't care. Most of you would probably turn and run by now, but not him! no! Iron will and only one purpouse. And the spell he casted on those goblin stickers is called Flock of Doom. Poor bastards don't have a chance.

14abkop.jpg

Sir! Enemy just released goblin fanatics!

bat11.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

And that's exactly why we put Gyro-copters there, goblin fanatics can't harm them.

14abkop.jpg

But that's a little bit close to our lines, isn't it?

f1bm7a.jpg

Wołodyjowski, do you think this is a fucking game? That we can just reload when something goes wrong? what's done is done! No point in crying over few goblin fanatics.

bat12.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Cleve! this green lizard wyvern-thingy is coming! kill it!

bat13.jpg

bat14.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Goddamit Cleve we can't harm it! do something! Earn your fucking pay!

35ksd40.jpg

We don't pay him, Commander

f1bm7a.jpg

Not even a little bit?

35ksd40.jpg

No, he work's for free

bat15.jpg

bat16.jpg

rt10ug.jpg

Another monster killed!

f1bm7a.jpg

Mark it zero! He didn't killed it, it died on its own!

rt10ug.jpg

Bullshit, Jarema. Mark it 8, Deitrich.

f1bm7a.jpg

Cleve, this is not Border Princes. This is Nuln. There are rules.

35ksd40.jpg

Orcs are coming, put the great cannon away.

bat17.jpg

Iron discipline, men. Will forged of steel and huge-ass fucking cannons. Even most brutal assault by savage orcs cannot withstand such a force.

bat18.jpg

bat19.jpg

And magic, of course. Orc shamans can be dangerous, but they are nothing compared to our wizards.

bat20.jpg

And look there! this is what lack of discipline does. Those War boarz were supposed to defend orc's artillery. But they couldn't whithold their bloodlust and abandoned their positions.

bat21.jpg

Huge-ass...

bat22.jpg

... Fucking cannons.

bat23.jpg

14abkop.jpg

Sir, orc's attack has been broken. Now they send their reserves in last attempt to turn the tide of battle.

bat24.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Tell cannons to cease fire. Let archers deal with them.

bat25.jpg

bat26.jpg

bat27.jpg

bat28.jpg

bat29.jpg

That's it for mighty Urgat's horde. Send Ragnar Wolves to deal with their artillery!

dio.jpg

Im a wheel, Im a wheel
I can roll, I can feel

bat30.jpg

dio.jpg

And you can't stop me turning
Cause Im the sun, Im the sun

bat31.jpg

dio.jpg

I can move, I can run
But you'll never stop me burning

bat32.jpg

dio.jpg

come down with fire
Lift my spirit higher

bat33.jpg

dio.jpg

Someones screaming my name
Come and make me holy again

bat34.jpg

dio.jpg

Im the man on the silver mountain!

bat35.jpg

dio.jpg

Im the day, Im the day
I can show you the way

bat36.jpg

dio.jpg

And look Im right beside you
Im the night, Im the night

bat37.jpg

dio.jpg

Im the dark and the light
With eyes that see inside you

bat38.jpg

dio.jpg

bat39.jpg

dio.jpg

debrief1.jpg

debrief2.jpg

debrief3.jpg

debrief4.jpg

plot4.jpg

plot5.jpg

plot6.jpg

plot7.jpg

plot8.jpg

routefinal.jpg

CLIP-CLOP...

We are so awesome now that we clip-clop in all caps.

Next episode, we deal with Thuanquol!

MISSION: FINAL BATTLE2

route1.jpg

CLIP-CLOP...

plot1.jpg

plot2.jpg

Thanquol: Magic Elven rockstone. Yesss! Great power within! We use rockstone to bring Horned Rat. Horned Rat will come, yesss! Now - quick, quick go! Make ready. Reach rockstone. I start ceremony, use warpstone, destroy Elf rock, bring Horned Rat. Skaven rule supreme. THANQUOL LORD OF ALL!

Champion: Orc things?

Thanquol: What of them? They die-die. We kill-kill. Orcs job done. Expennnndable... yess! Quick - go...GO!

plot3.jpg

route2.jpg

CLIP-CLOP...

bat1.jpg

Ok, this is were it all ends. This battle was a terrible mess, really. For most part I have no bloody idea what was going on. I basically was just ordering cannons to shoot and infantry to charge when something got too close. Last battle was very similar but I don't want to do this whole "in-character" thing again so I will TRY to explain what is going on on screenshots.

bat2.jpg

Our deployment. Cannons covering both center "roads" and most of our melee units on left flank.

bat3.jpg

Menhir and Grey seer Thanquol together with some dancing rats. Thanquol doesn't play large role in this battle and to be honest I don't even know when he died.

bat4.jpg

We start battle and order gryo-copters to fly around the map and lead skaven regiments in our cannon's line of fire. Artillery didn't played as large role as the last time. Mostly because there is too many fast-moving units (Rat ogres and Doomwheels) and it made micro-managing artillery too much work.

bat5.jpg

bat6.jpg

... But artillery helped... a little.

bat7.jpg

This is our left flank and this whole battle was pretty much resolved here. Already some rats got close and more are coming.

bat8.jpg

One gyro-copter managed to lead doomwheel to the center. And we ordered Cleve to deal with it.

bat9.jpg

Two hunting spears were enough to destroy it.

bat10.jpg

Meanwhile, our great cannon misfired and destroy itself. It happens alot in this game and I dont really like such "feature" in game when you cannot replace lost units. But this is final battle so won't cry, and we still have second cannon.

bat11.jpg

Enemy concentrated most of their force on our left flank. And our units there starts to have their hands full. Unfortunately the dwarves are fighting rat ogre and they are not very good at fighting skaven units. Ragnar would be a better choice since he have banner that supposed to make him fearless (protip - it doesn't) but It happend, and nothing can be done about it.

bat12.jpg

Dwarves managed to kill rat ogre but they are being under constant attack by warpfire team. Since our great cannon got destroyed we order archers to deal with warpthrowers.

bat13.jpg

Cleve is now our artillery, maybe with a short range, but deadly nevertheless.

bat14.jpg

bat15.jpg

Battle on left flank continues. Archers managed to scare warpfire team away so dwarves will have easier time dealing with stormvermin.

bat16.jpg

And this is when tragedy happend. Cleve got burned by warpfire and our left flank broke. Eric Ragnar and Hammerers routed leaving Azguz's regiment alone to deal with stormvermin and rat ogre. Raise glass for Cleve! Your sacrifice will be remembered!

bat17.jpg

Hamerers regrouped and we ordered them to assist Azguz. Meanwhile we send our archers north to mope up after failed skaven attack at the center.

bat18.jpg

Azguz proved to be worthy of being in the sequel and together with what was left of Hammerers killed rat ogre and stormvermin regiment. We order archers to commence moping!

bat19.jpg

That one's for Cleve!

bat20.jpg

March north beguns.

bat21.jpg

Even though some warpfire teams survived they are out ranged by our archers and cannot mount any counter-attack.

bat22.jpg

Last of the Thanquol horde is mercilessly picked off by our archers and crossbowmen.

bat24.jpg

Now, there is only one thing to be done...

f016v.jpg

I hope you will make right decision when the time comes, Commander.

bat25.jpg

bat26.jpg

bat27.jpg

Whatcha gonna do, huh?!

debrief1.jpg

GLORY TO THE GRUDGEBRINGERS! GLORY TO POTATO!

debrief2.jpg

debrief3.jpg

debrief4.jpg

WHATTHEFUCK.jpg

*BONUS* In my one attempt at this mission, game bork. I killed every skaven at the map and only Thanquol remained. I ordered my EVERY unit to attack him. He was routing them one after another... he also killed Ceridan.

ending1.jpg

ending2.jpg

ending3.jpg

ending4.jpg

ending5.jpg

ending6.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Shut the fuck up Ceridan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9nfVrusSMg

Erebus

Arcane
Can't you at least cut off his tongue or something ?

Less importantly, can you refuse to destroy the menhir ?

Can't you at least cut off his tongue or something ?

Less importantly, can you refuse to destroy the menhir ?

Unngie reminder to destroy menhir was added by me. You don't have to destroy it. There is different ending if you don't destroy it but I haven't saw it because I really don't want to redo this mission. It's terribly messy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom