Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

Kz3r0

Arcane
Remember kids, never negotiate with terrorists.
Besides, siding with Anarchs is a suicide made for no acceptable reasons.
The only problem is if we are able to kill the guy or not.

Dudes, D? Really?
I dont think you get to be head of anything if you cant srsly pop a mole while looking like a little girlscout. Tony is the exception cause he is the protagonist.

A or C, flipityflopity... I always hated mages though.

ironyuri

Also, killing Griddle means that a war with the Anarchs becomes unavoidable. This is while the Camarilla is still fighting the Sabbat and the Nosferatu are recovering from massive damage... why would it be prudent for Sommers who is a Cammie through and through to fucking be the cause of a second war?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Plus Anthony knows almost as well as we do that Eames has *her own* interest in mind, not the Camarilla's. Getting rid of her is only logical and will strengthen the Camarilla. And, incidentally, give Anthony MOAR clout :smug:

Come on guise, vote C or the terribad D choice may win. Maybe we can even convince Griddle to let Turcov off the hook too? If he agrees to cooperate, obviously...

laclongquan

Arcane
Because right now the Sabbat is running and expected to run until August (?). Camarrilla won this round, though heavily damaged, esp among the Nosferatus. Cami electronic eyes and ears are nearly blind and deaf now. Prince is ruled through a council of barons meaning there's uncertainty about leadership.

Anarchs are exploiting this weakness, to head toward a civil war, with the opening round spent on attacking this shaky leadership. They hold the offensive, now.

The only way to regain upper hand is making them dissolve into chaos due to Griddle's death. But it's very much unsure that Tony can kill him right there.

The war is inevitable, but if we dont consolidate Cami leadership's authority, it become chancy at best. A loud accusation from Anarchs corner can do that very very well. To blunt the edge of that, we need to muddle issues by introduce some more confusing details like the Griddle's bribe and death.

D is a risky option, but it's the best among a very bad lot. Like I said, grotsnik drop a very obscene mess on Sommers' lap.

Esquilax

Arcane
Fuck yeah, an update! Well, the only upside for D is that it's EXTREME and it would be a huge blow against the Anarchs. War is inevitable either way, so killing him now rather than later would be advantageous. Crazy thing is, without Griddle in charge, it'd probably be Kirkbeck calling the shots, seeing as he's the most capable leader in the Anarch camp. But this is all moot, as I don't think Tony has the ability to hurt Griddle anyways - I'm pretty sure Bob would beat the shit out of Tony.

Griddle has been kind enough to parley with us before publishing his newspapers, so I think we should take him up on his offer. We knew that there was going to be conflict with the Anarchs and we stand to gain a lot by joining them now - Eames is a sinking ship and I want to get the fuck away from it ASAP. This blind loyalty to the Camarilla Lac is displaying is pretty derp - fuck 'em.

However, I'm not sure we should consult with Turcov. On the one hand, the man has a ton of resources and the Sheriff at his command (fuck, I would kill to have Erika by our side right now), which would make waging this war much easier, but on the other hand, his presence will cause a huge amount of friction with Kirkbeck. He may tolerate our presence seeing as we never really set the plan to oust him into motion, but I think that having Turcov around will infuriate him. We need a united front if we're going to beat the Cam.

We also have an ace up our sleeves; our ghoul squad. As of now, nobody else knows about our secret army, so we have the element of surprise there. When we unleash our squad for the first time, it needs to be impressive and devastating.

Lastly, I think that as a sign of cementing our alliance, can we perhaps get Griddle to inquire about Erika Schiller's whereabouts? She would be a huge help to the war effort.

Anyways, I vote B. However, if D is winning, I vote C. Anything is better than killing Griddle right now.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Man I'd like to see the look on the Archbishop's face when he catches hint of this war.

By the way, C.

Esquilax said:
fuck, I would kill to have Erika by our side right now
Oh yes.

anver

Educated
D is just asking for humiliation. A would just make us Eames' lapdog permanently. Way I see it, it's C or B.
C is riskier than B of course, but I think the possible benefits justify the added risk.

Voting C.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Excidium said:
Man I'd like to see the look on the Archbishop's face when he catches hint of this war.

Let's hope Master Grotsnik will be kind enough to present us with just that scene :)

Anyway, grot, maybe you could give us some additional info before counting the votes? What is Anthony's standing with the other Barons atm? Can he realistically expect to pull even one or two others with him? What exactly are his resources? His "strength [he] gathered so ingeniously these past few months"? And how active, to Anthony's best knowledge, has Hob been lately? Is his presence widely known? How likely is the averege Cammie lick to believe Kirkbeck's tales as sold by Griddle?

All these factors are extremely important to making an informed choice (though I still want the fucking daemon out of the picture, and Eames with it. Doubly so, seeing as how the Centurion is probably unhappy about Hob's presence. So in my case it's a matter of choosing how far to help/knowing how far can we help Griddle).

grotsnik

Arcane
Storyfag said:
Anyway, grot, maybe you could give us some additional info before counting the votes? What is Anthony's standing with the other Barons atm? Can he realistically expect to pull even one or two others with him? What exactly are his resources? His "strength [he] gathered so ingeniously these past few months"? And how active, to Anthony's best knowledge, has Hob been lately? Is his presence widely known? How likely is the averege Cammie lick to believe Kirkbeck's tales as sold by Griddle?

Well, as to his resources, he's much wealthier than before, thanks largely to Eames' gift to him and to certain perks of his Barony.

In addition to Fellowes, he now has a more substantial personal bodyguard of Brujah, and he can most likely rely on the support of the Kindred within Westminster (mostly Ventrue, with a few Toreador and Brujah). And, of course, in time, there'll be the ghouls...

As to the barons, he's more accepted than he was, but still very much an outsider. If any of them are to stand against Eames, it'll be because they believe it's the politic thing to do (though the Malkavian Fesk is obviously fairly unpredictable.) Sorley is an Eames ally of old, but his Nosferatu may remember how Sommers came back to try and protect Jack's Warren. Turcov I wouldn't like to speculate on.

Then there are the Gangrel of the heaths and the canals, who Sommers never contacted, so he'll have no leverage with them.

And then we come to the independent groups, should Sommers wish to seek their help; the Daughters of Cacophony beneath St. Paul's, who hardly intervene in Camarilla affairs, the Samedi Osazema, the Giovanni, who have good reason to loathe the Tremere, perhaps even the mysterious Setite...

(Basically, if you do vote to have Sommers take on Eames, I'll probably give you a couple of votes asking where you'd want him to seek help.)

When it comes to Hob, the average Kindred has heard dark rumours (What's new, right?) of an unwelcome presence in their city. Some of them will be all too ready to believe that a Tremere's up to no good, especially in those clans with enmity towards the mages. Others will see this as Anarchs stirring up trouble, and obviously Eames will always have the support of the chantries and the Tremere. Or...almost all of the Tremere, anyway.

laclongquan

Arcane
The downside of siding with Griddle is that we will have to shoulder-to-shoulder with Kirkberg.The bugger will inconvenience us in certain terms, since I doubt he forgive us for costing his Princedom AND killing his old friend the pervert .

I doubt Kirkberg will come to control Anarch. His incompetence was shown through letting his old friend who was very incompetent, come to power. Weaken his powerbase considerably, that move. My best guess is that, barring the presence of an unshown charismatic leader, the Anarchs will fall into a state of chaos, making multiple moves uncoordinated.

As to Griddle, who know? The text said very clearly that Kill him then come to Eames. So I think a high chance of success is called for.

anver

Educated
laclongquan said:
As to Griddle, who know? The text said very clearly that Kill him then come to Eames. So I think a high chance of success is called for.
I'm intrigued. How exactly do you figure Anthony's going to kill Griddle, who became the leader of the Anarchs despite being near child-sized (so probably a lot more dangerous than he looks and definitely not a fool)? After all, the text means Anthony'll attempt to do that. Not that he'll succeed.

oscar

Arcane
It was only through sheer blind luck that Tony survived his confrontation with some low level Sabbat thug in the sewers. Killing the leader of the London Anarchs? Good lord.

C. I've always liked Turcov and he seems to respect us.

laclongquan

Arcane
anver said:
laclongquan said:
being a newbie to the thread but too lazy to read from start

The Patrician got a sword-stick and a pistol, and Eddie-trained. God know what he acquired since then.

oscar said:
It was only through sheer blind luck that Tony survived his confrontation with some low level Sabbat thug in the sewers. Killing the leader of the London Anarchs? Good lord.

I know. It's fucking dangerous is what it is. I'd really like another option but ABC each has its own weakness. the less worse of a bad lot. Damn. C is mildly palatable since it has risks coming all over: We dont know Turcov that well and he might just side with Eames to frame us instead. And the risk is pretty considerable.

And becareful with B. B may risk Eddie's loyalty, since he's like Sommers, Camarila to the bones.

IF I cant persuade more votes I just might change to C. Still, D is better than the rest.

Bob

Novice
C. We can always lie about agreeing to Griddle's terms, then go talk about screwing Eames over and go back to Griddle if that doesn't pan out.
Tying ourselves to Eames would be foolish though. Friends are those who use you in ways so as to strengthen you - Eames doesn't have any friends, she's just out for herself - making desperate power grabs.

Gondolin

Arcane
laclongquan said:
We dont know Turcov that well and he might just side with Eames to frame us instead. And the risk is pretty considerable.

Not a chance. Turcov will let Anthony take Eames down and THEN expose him as a pawn of the Anarchs. Two rivals eliminated, Turcov wins.

C. It seems to have the most potential for interesting goings-on without us straying from our MO. It's also another vote for 'dear god not D'.

laclongquan

Arcane
Gondolin said:
laclongquan said:
We dont know Turcov that well and he might just side with Eames to frame us instead. And the risk is pretty considerable.

Not a chance. Turcov will let Anthony take Eames down and THEN expose him as a pawn of the Anarchs. Two rivals eliminated, Turcov wins.

Turcov doesnt strike me as not smart enough to pull that off and he knows it.

Then again, he got his Childe onto the Sheriff position, so he positioned himself well for a coup d'etat. If he can kick Eames down he have the best chance to grasp the Prince's throne.

For Turcov, moves like that are not based on popular support, purely a coup. The throne will be very shaky to warm his backside...

Mhmmmm... I dunno, man. Interesting option, to be sure, but one I am not certain of outcomes.

EDIT: I am pretty damn sure Turcov may not kill us. For one thing we are too much a nouveau riche to gain supports from other barons. For another, all signs show we are too much in Eames' purse so we are a pussy, not much of a threat. In his eyes, if Turcov can trust this move of Anthony as genuine and not a trap of Eames, he will be glad to take it and wont kill the goose laying golden-eggs.

Bob

Novice
Can he expose Anthony? It's just his word, and everyone who's important knows he's got a motive to screw us. What credibility is he going to have?

laclongquan

Arcane
Look at the matter from the top view, the important polical players will see that Turcov coming out of the chaos of war smelling like rose: the prince toppled by mastermind Eames and puppet Anthony, and in turn Turcov topple Eames. The war? result of the fumblefingered Prince. Consensus? Good riddance to bad rubbish, the lot of them.

No, Turcov get a chance to come out ahead in this stage. The question is whether he's smart enough and nimble enough to engineer that outcome, should Anthony offering him that chance.

The down side of that route is that Camarilla take a real bad turn: leadership's infighting, a three-cornered war with Sabbat and Anarch... God know when the war stop or a little stability return to this ancient town.

It's NOT a Camarilla route, let me note that. And since Anthony is Camarilla, it's hard to see him choosing that route.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom