Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

ironyuri

Maybe we could kidnap a lupine and fight it in a fighting pit in London?

Or convince the Centurion to fight it Colosseum style. :M

grotsnik

Arcane
ironyuri said:
Maybe we could kidnap a lupine and fight it in a fighting pit in London?

Heh - once when I was young and naive and just starting uni, I wrote a terrible TV pilot in which werewolves were forced to fight each other for the amusement of the wealthy and powerful and sent it into the BBC.

It got rejected. And years later, exactly the same thing happened on their show Being Human. Clearly, the only possible explanation is that they stole my idea.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If the tzmisce is in danger of winning, i'm going against it, that is the brujah probably, even at the cost of strengthening the sabbat in the overall story.

Yeah, fuck the tzmisce.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I haven't read all the pages discussing what to vote for and why, but I'm going with the True Brojah as my first choice, Giovanni as my second and Tremere (antitribu) as my third. If any of the three will disrupt the status quo, go with that one.

laclongquan

Arcane
Just being a baron with tiny power, vapour network, and miniscule influence and you are done with the man? Boys you are too easily satisfied.

The goal, is that nothing happen in London, among Kines or Kindreds, can escape knowledge of Sommers. Nothing of importance move in or out escape his notice or without his leave. And whatever endevour he choose to meddle in will end in success for him. That's what we define a satisfactory state of affairs.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
laclongquan said:
Rod Rodderson said:
laclongquan said:
Contrary to what you believe, Evil is Boring.
Most Kindred are some shade of evil, especially after some centuries of unlife. Unless you think that feeding from someone by force or deception or taking advantage of everything you can for some shred of temporal power is something else. Evil is fine, it's the sort of over-the-top cartoony evil-for-the-sake-of-evil that can get boring quickly (which, to be fair, seems to be what you're talking about).

Against necessities even gods strive in vain, brother.

I dont consider vampires depicted in WoD being evil. They need that blood. Dangerous yes, need to be killed for the sake of humans yes. Evil? No.

The ways our sick idiots going on above my post and yours they are wanting a cannibalist, possibly children-eater. Now which part of that is necessity to the survival of a vampire, I ask you. That's just plain evil, preying on the weakest in hope of gaining power. Bah.

Know your evilness, bro.
But kindred ARE evil embodied, every single of one them. They're undead monsters that feed on human life to keep the beast inside them under control. Every night they're manipulating, conspiring and spreading more corruption on the world. It's no wonder that it's so hard for a vampire to even mantain his humanity, doing good deeds is completely against their nature.

I think that's the charm of VtM...being in an endless spiral of growing monstruosity, the more powerful you get the less of a human being you are.

Esquilax

Arcane
Excidium said:
But kindred ARE evil embodied, every single of one them. They're undead monsters that feed on human life to keep the beast inside them under control. Every night they're manipulating, conspiring and spreading more corruption on the world. It's no wonder that it's so hard for a vampire to even mantain his humanity, doing good deeds is completely against their nature.

I think that's the charm of VtM...being in an endless spiral of growing monstruosity, the more powerful you get the less of a human being you are.

When you get down to it, they're all monsters. That's the point.

Tony was hardly a nice guy, he certainly had a capacity for being utterly ruthless and callous, but he's a fucking boy scout compared to Eames and his fellow Barons, let alone the Sabbat. I'd like to try and keep him on the straight and narrow as much as possible. I've reconsidered the whole diablerie thing with him, think it would be cooler to retain our conscience IMO.

To that end, I think it would probably spice things up to maybe play as a character who is more horrific in their morality, or at least less concerned with clinging to their Humanity. Part of Tony's appeal was that he was kind of a scrappy underdog, and him being so young for a Kindred and still with a significant portion of his humanity still intact made him very easy to relate to. It's hard not to root for a guy like that.

But I think playing someone who might be a bit more morally flexible (or in the Tzimisce's case, completely alien and horrific in morality) might be be interesting.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Esquilax said:
But I think playing someone who might be a bit more morally flexible (or in the Tzimisce's case, completely alien and horrific in morality) might be be interesting.

Vote for it then! You know you want to :) There's nothing like good old blue and orange morality :love:

Esquilax

Arcane
BRO I AM CONFLICDTED LIKE YRUIBRO MY BRIAN HURTS SO BAD.

I'm serious, there are so many fucking great choices here. You've got the possibility of a very old Brujah Iconoclast brawler in the Smiling Jack mould ready to cause chaos in London, a Malkavian connected to the Centurion for an extra bizarre and disturbing second act, a Tzimisce Archbishop tasked with the heavy burden of uniting a tattered Sabbat against a far more powerful Camarilla force when most of his underlings want blind vengeance, and a Tremere undercover attempting to defect to the Sabbat and hopelessly trying to juggle drawing away the suspicions of their paranoid and secretive Clan while at the same time praying that some Tzimisce in the Sabbat doesn't turn them into a living piece of furniture.

Really, we pick any of those above and we got a winner. Setite and True Brujah are interesting too, though I like the above mentioned choices the best.

This is just making me upset that grot isn't learning from the wisdom of BioWare. What should happen is that we narrow down the list to two characters; a good one and an evil one. Then grot writes the first update for Act II. Okay, after that's done we pick our set of choices for that character just like we did last time. However, no matter what choices we pick, the new Act II PC will die in their second update and we go back to Sommers anyways. That;s real fukkin' C7C bitch flip-flopping to Volourn r00fles!11!

I'm still very slightly leaning Brujah because Adebisi is the fucking man. Though I will second Yuri on wondering how the hell this mighty BROjah had his brilliant and EXTREME plan to attack the Prince's palace fucked over. Did Kirkbeck's ousting, du Marchais' impending death and Anthony becoming Baron have any effect on Griddle's decision not to tear shit up and grab collars with impunity? And who is this contact in the Camarilla?

Excidium - Tremere Antitribu
laclongquan - Edgar Fellowes
Breaking Axe - (Brujah, Tremere antitribu and Kiasyd are heading for a tie. Pick one, fence-sitter!)
ironyuri - Brujah
Kz3r0 - Tremere Antitribu
Erebus - Kiasyd
golgepapaz - Kiasyd
Djadjamankh - Anthony Sommers
Undead Phoenix - Brujah
Orgasm - Tzimisce
Esquilax - Brujah
Gondolin - Tremere antitribu
Kashmir Slippers - Anthony Sommers
Sergiu64 - Anthony Sommers
root - Brujah (MUST BE BLACK!!!!)
Storyfag - Kiasyd
wjw - Tremere Antitribu (just going by the most exclamation marks in your post)
SCO - Brujah (?)
Baltika - Edgar Fellowes
Rod Rodderson - Lasombra antitribu
anver - Malkavian
Crooked Bee - Malkavian
Azael - True Brujah

* @ Breaking Axe: Hope I've got this right. From what I understood, you vote for whichever option is most popular among the choices of Brujah, Lasombra, Lasombra antitribu, True Brujah, Tremere antitribu, or Kiasyd. However, since we're heading for a tie, you might need to choose one.

@ Erebus: You mentioned you were interested in Tremere antitribu. Wasn't sure, so I've still got you down as Kiasyd.

grotsnik

Arcane
Esquilax said:
I'm still very slightly leaning Brujah because Adebisi is the fucking man. Though I will second Yuri on wondering how the hell this mighty BROjah had his brilliant and EXTREME plan to attack the Prince's palace fucked over. Did Kirkbeck's ousting, du Marchais' impending death and Anthony becoming Baron have any effect on Griddle's decision not to tear shit up and grab collars with impunity? And who is this contact in the Camarilla?

Since both of you mentioned it, I should say, I do have a (legitimate? 'unno.) reason for Griddle nixing the Brujah's plan which relates to stuff mentioned in Part 1 - it isn't just me being a shithead.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
root said:
If not, then I vote Kiasyd because they are very :obviously: and get shit done instead of endless politicking. prolly the best choice to deal with Hob as well.

I must add that though I long for the Tzimisce Archbishop, I will also be satisfied by a Kiasyd. Should no votes for the Tzimisce come in the near future, I am willing to make sure the Kiasyd wins.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'll wait till yuri posts again before I change his vote. I've already changed root's vote and Gondolin's.

Bros, if you want a scholarly playthrough where you uncover dark, mystical secrets, Malkavian would be much more fitting, no? Also, the Tremere antitribu is certainly no stranger to the Occult either. Digging up ancient ruins and releasing an Antediluvian to bring about Gehenna is p. cool, but it doesn't have the bizarre uniqueness of the Malk or the incredibly risky appeal of the Tremere antitribu. Both of these also seem like "scholarly" choices as well.

Besides, Tony was already :obviously: now I want to :bro:

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
well if comrade yuri doesn't vote for brujah then tremere antitribu wins

and tremere antitribu is a horrible, horrible choice.

But why, bro? It's risky as it gets. Risky = good for character creation options.

Erebus

Arcane
Esquilax said:
@ Erebus: You mentioned you were interested in Tremere antitribu. Wasn't sure, so I've still got you down as Kiasyd.

I prefer a Kiasyd. Tremere Antitribu would be my second choice (and Gangrel my third one, but it's obviously not going to be important...).

I don't think we're going to reach an agreement anytime soon, so how about voting in multiple turns ? At the end of each turn, we'll eliminate the possibility/ies that receive(s) the least amount of voices.

It may take some time, but let's face it : it'll be quicker than trying to reach a consensus !

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Esquilax said:
root said:
well if comrade yuri doesn't vote for brujah then tremere antitribu wins

and tremere antitribu is a horrible, horrible choice.

But why, bro? It's risky as it gets. Risky = good for character creation options.

It's more of what we already have. Being a vampire of low power and standing, desperately attempting to win something for himself, scurrying between one master/ally and the other. That is the Tremere Antitribu's problem.

Erebus said:
I don't think we're going to reach an agreement anytime soon, so how about voting in multiple turns ? At the end of each turn, we'll eliminate the possibility/ies that receive(s) the least amount of voices.

It may take some time, but let's face it : it'll be quicker than trying to reach a consensus !

This sounds very sensible. Though it will likely cost me the Archbishop quite fast ;)

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
pretty much. we're already bloodbound to the tremere, now we've sold our souls to dubrik, there's no way to coming out on top, no way to succeed apart from giving dubrik something on eames and dying shortly after. it might be great for a game of paranoia but I wouldn't feel any attachment to the character whatsoever. besides, he's obviously a cowardly sniveling worm and I don't like him personally. the only upside is fucking with eames, but I have a feeling she's making a fine job of that herself.

Maybe he's got some cool motivations for defecting. If you had to be bloodbound to seven Methuselahs for all eternity, wouldn't you be just a little resentful at losing your freedom? Besides, maybe he was lucky enough to somehow avoid the Transubstantiation of Seven; I think there's a merit for that. And Jesus, you know how stuffy and annoying most Tremere are? I would claw my fucking eyes out if I had to live in a Chantry with those boring, isolated cunts who have been turned into happy little drones for the Ancients, so fuck 'em. So I think that the motivations for that "Traitor" are understandable; he/she just wants to be free.

The Nos antitribu from the character options who attacked Jack's Warren is a total dick, however. You don't betray Brosferatu, that's just unforgivable.

However, point made and everything else you've said has convinced me. We've been in a similar situation with Tony in rising to power, plus we already know a little bit about the mystery that is Hob. We already know it's a demon, Eames might be an Infernalist, and she's way over her head with this bullshit, so there's not as much discovery. Also, like you said it's hard to feel attached to a character who's got the life expectancy of a mosquito. Brojah, Tzimisce or Malk ftw.

Erebus' suggestion seems good.

ironyuri

ironyuri said:
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:20 pm
A top effort, grotsnik, old bean.

My vote goes to male Brujah. Seems like they have the most fun.

Alright.

My original vote when this LP started was for the Brujah, so I'm going to vote for Brujah again this round and lock that in.

@root- I doubt he'll be black, if only because he's very old ( a black vamp in 1666 London ???? ) but he can be an xtreme collar-grabbing Shepard bro, surely.

Also, @ grotsnik: Any chance we'll see more exotic vamps at all in the LP, like Samedi or Nagloper?

It might not be a stretch given the large Jamaican and Nigerian communities in London (around Brixton, Arsenal, etc).[/quote]

ironyuri

Storyfag said:
Give me Kiasyd then. Or, better yet, of the two evils I pick Tremere Antitribu!

Apologies to Storyfag, my second pref goes to Tzimisce this time round, whereas in the first part I wanted Brujah and Giovanni (in that order).

I like the idea of the Tzimisce, but I'd also like to get to know more about the Anarchs and their London motivaitons. We haven't heard much from them at all since we met Griddle.

Edit - If I rationalise it in exposure terms:

From the Anarchs we've met Bob Griddle, some namby pamby dipshits, and Griddle's seer.

From the Sabbat we've met Angelos, Wallace, Dubrik and Sommers' traitor.

Dubrik and Angelos had fairly fleshed out roles, Dubrik will likely have a continuing role no matter who we play. Both the Sabbat and Camarilla are licking their wounds and putting themselves back together in London.

Maybe this is the time for the Anarchs to take a step up in the world? I'd like to see what Griddle's all about and who the other Anarchs are.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
ironyuri said:
Storyfag said:
Give me Kiasyd then. Or, better yet, of the two evils I pick Tremere Antitribu!

Apologies to Storyfag.

No need for that. It's rather my own fault of not being able to stomach un :obviously: Rabble and starving for something even vaguely Sabbatical.

grotBRO, a word of advice for future voting: first have us pick between Camarilla, Sabbat and independent, thus narrowing the vote to 6-7 characters. Should make it easier...

grotsnik

Arcane
ironyuri said:
@root- I doubt he'll be black, if only because he's very old ( a black vamp in 1666 London ???? ) but he can be an xtreme collar-grabbing Shepard bro, surely.

Also, @ grotsnik: Any chance we'll see more exotic vamps at all in the LP, like Samedi or Nagloper?

It might not be a stretch given the large Jamaican and Nigerian communities in London (around Brixton, Arsenal, etc).

Ehh, you'd be surprised. There are records of Moorish merchants and others living freely in the city much further back than that (even though we weren't always particularly kind to immigrants) - there was apparently at least one guy in Cheapside who made very highly-sought-after steel needles during Mary I's reign, and the needlemakers' coat of arms even depicted an African man. Plus then there's Moorfields, Moor Street in Soho - hell, it goes all the way back to Septimius Severus (well, sort of.)

EDIT: And the national archives have just told me Henry VIII had a black trumpeter, John Blanke. Here he is!

blacktrumpeter_detail.jpg

More stuff; http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/early_times/settlers.htm

But yup, yup, yup to the second bit.

root said:
comrade yuri, didn't london burn down more than once?

Peter Ackroyd keeps the count that significant parts of London burnt down in 60AD, 125, 764, 798, 852, 893, 961, 982, 1077, 1087, 1093, 1132, 1136, 1203, 1212, 1220, 1227, 1666, and then there was the Blitz...even for such a tightly-packed, chaotic city, it's apparently been addicted to setting itself on fire throughout its history.

Storyfag said:
grotBRO, a word of advice for future voting: first have us pick between Camarilla, Sabbat and independent, thus narrowing the vote to 6-7 characters. Should make it easier...

It's a good idea, but I guess there's always the danger that someone votes for one of the options and then realises when he sees the actual characters that there's nothing there he likes.

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
why are we going second pickings? tremere and brujah are still tied

Think it's so that the folks that have voted for other options True Brujah, Lasombra antitribu, and Edgar Fellowes can vote on a narrowed down list of options and choose from them.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Fucking circus.

Voting Tremere Antitribu. Anything but homo punks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom