Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

grotsnik

Arcane
Right, here's a preliminary list. Feel free to shout out any options you'd like that you don't see here, and likewise, don't feel you have to vote straight away if you'd like to see what other people come up with.

Character Creation

What are you?

A) To many, the Anarchs’ mission seems as hopeless and naïve as ever. You took your plan of a co-ordinated attack on the Prince’s palace in Knightsbridge to Robert Griddle, who rejected it. Since then, you’ve spent time drowning yourself in fist-fights and acts of calculated recklessness, in between making overtures towards Griddle’s rivals, trying to win their support against him. In the past few nights, however, you’ve made a surprising new contact, a powerful figure within the Camarilla who claims to be sympathetic to your cause, which may turn things around entirely…

You are BRUJAH.

B) You live away from London, tending to the great Cliveden estate. Walking the pathways from folly to folly, sometimes swinging from the branches of the tangled oaks that conceal the mansion from the network of roads and motorways making up the Green Belt, accompanied by the two bloated, fearsome ghoul-hounds in your service, searching for intruders. Occasionally Prince Kirkbeck will wander in your gardens, alone and melancholy, but most nights you hardly see a soul - which suits you just fine. The rest of the staff speak of you, the Gamekeeper, with great respect. This idyll, however, is soon to be interrupted…

You are GANGREL.

C) What the fuck are you doing? You’re jeopardising your career, your marriage, your relationship with your children…everything. But he said he needs his footprints erased, and so every night you work late at your cubicle in the Metropolitan Police HQ in Broadway, covering his tracks, removing all trace of him…in the hope that he’ll give you some more of his blood. Blood! You’re fucking drinking blood, and you lust after it, it drives you, it’s the only thing that drives you – what are you turning into? What have you become?

You are GHOUL.

D) You dealt with your younger business rival in the customary manner…and now business couldn’t be better. The recent war caused a great deal of worry amongst London vampires; many Camarilla members and even a few ‘anonymous’ parties with Sabbat sympathies have seen the wisdom of investing their funds in an independent Giovanni bank…just in case. In return, you’ve been able to spend more lavishly on the hospices scattered around the city that provide you with much-needed corpses. Your only concern is a certain Follower of Set, using your connections at Dover to bring a certain product into the city – which, you fear, might have unfortunate implications were any of your clients to hear about it.

You are GIOVANNI.

E) Your partner thinks you moved to London to be nearer to your friends. The truth is that you moved to London to be nearer to the fucking vamps. They’re all around you – and it’s only now, in your first nights in the city, that you understand just how numerous the bloodsuckers are. They whisper from the alleyways and they stalk the dark streets. And you’ll hunt them down by day, like the Messenger taught you. Cut off their heads, turn them to ash. The only question is…where to begin?

You are HUNTER.

F) You have come to this strange city for a time – investigating rumours of peculiar lights in the sky and the gateways that exist far underground beneath the ruins of human civilisation. You lodge with the vampires of the Sabbat, who treat you kindly enough…though, you suspect, they are more curious about the nature of your ‘mission’ and how it could benefit them than anything else. In vain, you attempt to organise an expedition to discover more about the phenomena, but the Sabbat leadership is too busy trying to rebuild its strength. Before long, you fear, you will be used as a pawn in some political game.

You are KIASYD.

G) Your sire never gave you a chance; her scheming and cowardice, twenty-five years ago, led to her being exiled into the countryside – and you, newly embraced, along with her. She has often told you about the glories of Dark London, the nobility of your bloodline, your right to rule in the Sabbat. After countless years of pointless manipulating and toying with the inhabitants of a godforsaken West Country town, the call has finally gone out; the London Sabbat needs aid. Now you and your sire are returning to the most ancient of cities, to reclaim what’s rightfully yours.

You are LASOMBRA.

H) He took you away from the care home. A big black car with leather seats and he sat you down there, looking at you like he wanted to eat you up, and he said, don’t be afraid. You’re going to take a little trip. Just like Alice, in her Wonderland. And it shifted as he bit down, and you could see the world as it really was, the veil lifted, the great Eternal City and the monsters that lived in ordinary houses there. In the Underworld, at the rats’ tea party, you woke your White Rabbit, the Row Man. He speaks a strange language and he likes to play dress-up and he kills people, sometimes, not always. You think you made him mad, only he makes you sane.

You are MALKAVIAN.

I) Jack’s Warren is to be rebuilt, as a smokescreen, a first defensive position from which your kind can scurry back to your real warrens. As your compatriots hollow out the tunnels, acting out the old sacred rituals to consecrate your new home, your primogen is attempting to ingratiate himself with the Camarilla nobility in order to win funds and acquire new surveillance equipment – and some among you begin to fear the lengths he will go to in order to get the cash he needs. Although you have been forbidden from stealing anything that will be missed from the world above, you and a couple of compatriots are now seriously considering a night-time raid on the skyscrapers of the kine…

You are NOSFERATU.

J) You were the one, right. You said to blow up the rivers and flush them Nossies out. Do you regret it? Fuck, no. They ain’t your brethren any more than they’re some other cunt’s. And that’s why you deserved to be made ductus. You’re a soldier, you understand that – but what you want is a chance to be a fucking soldier again. Camarilla dogs need to be got at. Some necks need to be snapped. And instead the bosses whisper in the shadows about rebuilding strength, biding your time…but what’s the point of planning for peace when there’s bastards trying to kill you right on the other side of the river?

You are NOSFERATU ANTITRIBU.

K) You have wormed your way into this city slowly; secret meetings at the Reptile House, late at night at the Zoo, making a few choice contacts. Your product is now entering the city at a steady rate, through the usual routes. It’s quickly being seized upon by the homeless population of thin-bloods, caitiffs and weaklings, too starved and too puny to feed directly – it’s even begun to find popularity amongst some of the more fashionable Toreador, who disdain the brutish idea of attacking Kine in order to dine. All’s as it should be. As they say, you corrupt a man by giving him what he wants.

You are SETITE.

L) Your club Whiplash is still doing respectable business amongst the Kine – but Kindred are abandoning your club in droves. You blame the nearby presence of the Pleasure ‘N’ Pain, which has become the de facto haven for Camarilla meetings – and quietly, trying not to overstep the limits, you attempt to undermine them at every turn, hoping to buy up their famous Harpy Gwendolen Rickless, even dabbling in an intriguing hallucinatory variety of blood that’s doing the rounds. Perhaps, however, the truth is that, as even the most conservative Kindred embrace the new technology, Harpies are becoming less and less relevant as a source of information…

You are TOREADOR.

M) If you want to defect, begin by investigating Samantha Eames. That was what Dubrik said. But how are you supposed to climb the ladder in an organisation that’s entirely stagnant? Still, you’ve taken some risks – and you’re beginning to suspect that Eames is up to something big. There’s something in the ruins, you believe, below the Greenwich chantry. Sometimes, in a fit of panic, you imagine that it could even be one of the antediluvians themselves. But Dubrik keeps pushing for more evidence, and your curious behaviour has begun to alienate your Camarilla ‘peers’. The closer you get, the more you become certain that you’re going to be found out.

You are TREMERE (ANTITRIBU).

N) Ostensibly, you have been sent with a letter of accreditation from the Cardinal in Cape Town, to contact his counterpart in London and offer your services as an extremely swift, cold-blooded and adept assassin to the beleaguered organisation. And, indeed, that is part of your function – the Assamite tricksters are perfectly skilled, of course, but they lack your very specific set of talents. Besides, your higher purpose – your true mission, as assigned to you by your master in the True Black Hand – is to remain a secret, at least for the moment.

You are TRUE BRUJAH.

O) You’ve done sterling work organising the Sabbat efforts in Birmingham; and now, it seems, the Cardinal himself has asked that you should be made full Archbishop in the capital, in charge of regrouping the organisation in the face of relentless Camarilla attacks. And so your coffin, containing its vital pinch of earth from your homeland, is to be shipped down to London in a private train, accompanied by your family of ghoul retainers, your loyal Paladin, and your various flesh-crafting experiments. You will have, you imagine, nearly full reign…but the Cardinal’s eye will be forever on you, and you must not fail.

You are TZIMISCE.

P) Sometimes you feel a little like Sisyphus; condemned to roll a boulder forever uphill, only to lose your grip on it at every step. Your so-called allies amongst the barons seek constant favours from you, cover-ups and manipulations within the Kine government…and the rest of the Camarilla nobility shun you and try to trip you up at every turn. Your power is, at least, consolidated – Fellowes now runs a team of bodyguards and spies, and you’ve never been wealthier, and yet you remain uneasy, both about Samantha Eames’ dealings with the creature known as Hob, and the sense of rising unrest in the city as the summer grows ever hotter…

You are VENTRUE. You are ANTHONY SOMMERS.

Added possibilities:

Q) You are SAMANTHA EAMES.

R) You are EDGAR FELLOWES.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Glad that you are at it again. :salute:

So Eames made a deal with Hob.
This will make play as her more interesting. :smug:

Breaking Axe

Educated
Edit:
Given Grotsnik's recent post, changing vote to the majority of the following

Brujah
Lasombra
Lasombra (Antitribu)
True Brujah
Tremere (Antitribu)
Kiasyd

If none of these have a chance of winning, my vote is for Summers

Would also suggest going female this time for variety.

ironyuri

Fuck yas.

TRUE BRUJAH

BROS, we can totally True Black Hand this shit and you want to be Sommers?

Let's diablerise our way to the top of the hand and rule the world, not just London.

Kz3r0

Arcane
ironyuri said:
Fuck yas.

TRUE BRUJAH

BROS, we can totally True Black Hand this shit and you want to be Sommers?

Let's diablerise our way to the top of the hand and rule the world, not just London.
If Diablerie is your thing you should choose Tremere, you should choose Eames and her army of collar grabbing demons. :smug:

grotsnik

Arcane
Gondolin said:
S) You are the fan of a company that sucks the life out of RPGs and bleeds its customers with DLCs.

Youa re Volourn.

:salute:

:lol:

Well, that came out of nowhere.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I have to say, there's some very interesting choices there. Like Kiasyd, I've never seen that bloodline anywhere.

Erebus

Arcane
Many interesting possibilities.

I liked Sommers, but I think a change of main character would be nice nevertheless. While we will be dealing with similar problems as before, I think it'd be enjoyable to play a character with a different point of view, different resources and different ways of dealing with said problems.

So I'm voting for Kiasyd, which I think is the most original option.

(Since Sommers was male, we might make our new character female, but the gender's not really important.)

(Kiasyd are scholars, rumoured to be fey-touched, who love nothing more than learning and riddles. Their appearance is fairly unusual, although I don't remember the exact details. They're usually fairly secluded and don't involve themselves very often in the intrigues of their brethren, which would make playing a Kiasyd quite different from playing our Patrician.)

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Although the narrative was perfect,I didn't really like the way things went Sommers. (parlor tricks, reckless endangerment), So I'll make a blind choice like KIASYD
of which I have no expectations...

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Sweet! This monday is awrite.

Now would be a nice time to introduce preferential voting...

Man, the mortals sound so very tempting. They feel like desperate and suicidal characters and oh so expendable in a good way. Deadly choices with every update. Would be challening to write too. Breaking away from the important events of the vamp higher ups and describing the "normal" shit that a ghoul has to do.
Kiasyd who?
Nos! Fuck yeah! Tz! Fuck yeah!

I vote Ghoul, Hunter, Nos (camarilla), Tz, Tony in that order. If thats possible.
I am guessing that the Mortals and Nos dont have a chance to win. So its Tz or Pat and it already seems decided...

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Fallen_(DTF)
God? Angles? Wtf?! Man, I knew WoD was a "magic-lol" setting but this shit is ridiculous.

Esquilax

Arcane
Bros, I have mad love for Sommers, you all know that. I don't think that his story is over by any means, but grotbro has given us a myriad of awesome options for our next character. I think we should take advantage of that and really explore what this narrative has to offer in terms of other factions and characters. I don't want to abandon Tony completely, but I think a change of pace is definitely in order. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Personally, I think Kiasyd is kinda boring. Yeah, poking through ancient ruins seems kinda fun, but they're loners and scholars; just about the only reason people are picking them is because they're rare. You guys are voting for them out of sheer novelty. You take that away and I don't think the situation or the character is particularly interesting. There's no scheming, machinations, or good ol'-fashioned collar-grabbing brotitude. This character isn't the type to grab collars, and he isn't much of a manipulator, so meh.

Anyways, if you're looking for a different character, I would pick someone in a different faction, with a completely different mentality and different strengths/skills than Tony. I think the following are the most interesting options:

A) Collar-grabbing AND scheming, the best of both worlds. This guy thinks big, he's a schemer and a dreamer; plotting to attack the Prince's Palace? That's pretty EXTREME, Commander! Also, I absolutely love the character description, I want to get to know this guy better. Personality-wise, he's brash, confrontational and the complete opposite of Tony.

While Sommers has impeccable self-control in social situations, this guy seems like he'll fly off the handle any second. Jesus, could you imagine this guy in that Baron's meeting we were at? Even Tony lost his temper when he was on his own after the barrage of disrespect he faced, but this guy would fucking explode.

M) As a clan, I hate the Tremere. OP wizards with a lame curse and no freedom - *yawn*. Fun for munchkins, I guess, but I'm happy that Tremere didn't get picked in the first round of voting. But despite my hate, this sounds incredibly fucking awesome and totally risky. Constantly trying to stay one step ahead of the Camarilla while infiltrating deeper and deeper, trying to discover Eames' secrets.

And even if you do succeed in Dubrik's task, the Clan will still hound you until you've met the Final Death. Brilliant.

N) This is what would happen if Agent 47 were embraced. The Black Hand are damn cool, but I think that the True Brujah's lack of emotion might make the character difficult to relate to unless it's someone unbelievably cool. But an awesome intro nevertheless.

O) The option that Storyfag will almost certainly vote for. Clearly, this is someone who is a bigwig in the Sabbat. Way more resources than Sommers has. Getting a foothold back in London after a string of defeats will be challenging and extremely fun.

Also great are the Setite and Toreador. I wonder what the Setite's purpose is; the Toreador character seems like they would be looking for the Setite. We'd also discover more about the Kuei-jin playing as a Torrie, if you read the original description.

As of now, I am not quite sure yet.

Gondolin

Arcane
Frankly, all options sound good to me (well, some more than others).

I vote G (high-class scheming for the other side). Secondary option is M (in deep shit right from the beginning).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I picked Sommers because I want to see a definitive ending to his story, either final death or a powerful position worth of him.

If he wasn't an option i'd go for BROSFERATU all the way. The camarilla nos, not the dirty sabbat rats that kill their own brethren.

grotsnik

Arcane
Excidium said:
I picked Sommers because I want to see a definitive ending to his story, either final death or a powerful position worth of him.

If he wasn't an option i'd go for BROSFERATU all the way. The camarilla nos, not the dirty sabbat rats that kill their own brethren.

Well, bear in mind, assuming this thing keeps rolling along you can come back to Sommers later on. So it's not as if this'll be your only chance to get closure on his story. In fact, it might even be beneficial to wait a little while for him to consolidate his position within the Camarilla if you're hoping to see him being promoted again.

...sorry, I'll just go back to being impartial over here in the corner.

grotsnik said:
Excidium said:

Well, bear in mind, assuming this thing keeps rolling along you can come back to Sommers later on. So it's not as if this'll be your only chance to get closure on his story. In fact, it might even be beneficial to wait a little while for him to consolidate his position within the Camarilla if you're hoping to see him being promoted again.

:rpgcodex:

Your place is writing, not talking. Back to work. Now.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
grotsnik said:
Excidium said:

I understand.

But since I succeeded on the flip flop resist check for reading Esquillax post, unless straight Nosferatu or Hunter gets more votes I'll stay with Tony.

Esquilax

Arcane
Excidium said:
I understand.

But since I succeeded on the flip flop resist check for reading Esquillax post, unless straight Nosferatu or Hunter gets more votes I'll stay with Tony.

:rage:

My powers of persuasion are rendered useless. That's it, I'm pulling out the big guns. Extra character possibilities:

T) You are WARBOSS BONNAPARTAH

U) You are ANDHAIRA.

Camarilla or Sabbat? Which is better and why? Discuss!

V) V for Ventrue... ANTITRIBU. A merciless Inquisitor sent by the Black Hand to investigate rumors of Infernalism within the city. He is only able to feed from blood that tastes of fear.

Erebus

Arcane
Esquilax said:
My powers of persuasion are rendered useless.

Obviously, you don't have enough points in Presence and Dominate.

Speaking of which : how many times exactly does our Patrician use his mental powers through the entire first chapter ? I can only remember the time he changed the memories of the guy who'd killed his own daughter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom