Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

:bro: Sweet ending, grostnik.

Ended well for Sommers. Now baron and with a lovely bribe to show for his efforts - what more would you want.

Any ideas how you're planning on doing/doing differently for part 2? Will we be going back to the initial choices presented to us (where we choose Ventrue), or a new batch of characters?

grotsnik

Arcane
Undead Phoenix said:
Any ideas how you're planning on doing/doing differently for part 2? Will we be going back to the initial choices presented to us (where we choose Ventrue), or a new batch of characters?

Well - I'm going to bring one of the two options back, only altered to represent their changed circumstances. A few of them will be characters who've been mentioned or played a part in Part One, but who haven't made an appearance. A few more will be completely new (and some out-there/adventurous ones this time). Anthony will appear as an option for any future parts in case you want to play with him as Baron (unless you or someone else kills him.)

I'll probably write them up, then ask people if they'd like to play as someone/something that isn't on the list, then do a fuller list with the additions. Sound good?

Also - I'll add this to the OP. It's a full, objective cast list of the characters we've met so far, and it becomes accurate round the start of Part 2. And I will update it regularly this time. Promise.

Cast Of Characters

CAMARILLA

Roger Kirkbeck, Prince of London

A Scottish Ventrue who came to the city in the 1800s, Kirkbeck rose to the ultimate position of power during the twentieth century; less, his detractors argue, due to his own merits and more owing to his relative bankability and the factional divide amongst the barons. Kirkbeck's initial passion for the role sank rapidly, as it became rapidly clear that he was expected to bear the responsibilities of princehood without enjoying real power over the barons. The longer he remained in office, the further his power waned (especially after the bloody and indecisive Two-Week War of 2011); now, divorced from any real power in the capital, he is kept under virtual house arrest at his estate in Cliveden, in the countryside to the west of London.

Samantha Eames, Baronness of Mayfair, Regentia of the Chantry At Greenwich

Known for her cheerful air and a tendency to treat all of those around her as very dear friends, Eames controls Mayfair, and with it, the real power centre of the city of London. Patronising the various high-class restaurants and theatres wherever possible, this Baronness is certainly a far cry from the stereotype of the Tremere; her interest in magic, however, even the most esoteric of occult disciplines, is not to be doubted, though she prefers not to show it in public. While Eames rose to effective control over the Camarilla earlier in the spring during the Two-Week War, only a very few Kindred suspect just how much power she's gained in recent nights. Indeed, some even whisper that she's begun to dabble in unnatural trickery - though Eames continues to court the rest of the barons, playing down her arcane tendencies, ensuring support in the inner circles.

Weep-Not Sorley, Nosferatu primogen

The Nosferatu of London have always kept themselves apart from their fellow Kindred; and Sorley, who thoroughly enjoys infuriating his fellows by speaking in an outdated, cod-Puritan style, is no exception. It's often been noted that the elderly primogen enjoys his own, private surveillance network, in addition to the technological marvels he runs for the Camarilla - pigeons and rats are spoken of as being 'Sorley's eyes'. After the effective disruption of the spy network and Schrecknet at Jack's Warren, in the final nights of the recent conflict with the Sabbat, Sorley has begun to rebuild in an undisclosed location in the city - refusing to let his peers know where it is, he maintains a respectful distance as he builds up what has been lost.

Rodyon Turcov, Baron of Richmond & Hounslow, 'The Old Wolf'

Hearty, tall, and very slightly deranged, Turcov claims to be a member of one of the great Russian Ventrue families that fled the nation in the wake of the Revolution. At present, he enjoys high standing as Samantha Eames' strongest ally in the outer regions of the city - however, his political eccentricity is beginning to create a slight tension between the two parties. Ever the philosopher, Turcov enjoys the company of young Toreador males, insisting that they invent radical new ideas for reform, which he then likes to pass off as his own creations. Whether he ever hopes to bring any of these schemes to light or if they're merely ways of provoking reactions from the conservatives around him remains to be seen.

Aldous Fesk, Malkavian primogen

Fesk, it is said, was sired by the legendary Napoleon, inmate of New Bethlehem Hospital, a Malkavian lunatic whose delusions of grandeur led not to posturing but to his organising the other kine patients into a 'revolutionary army' which rose up against the staff, butchering several of them, before fleeing in all directions into the night. The genuine cunning shown in the tactical prowess of the instigator of 'The Battle of New Austerlitz', as it was affectionately known amongst Kindred, led to the bloodline's rise to fame and power. Fesk, though he performs his duties as primogen of the London Malkavians with equal organisational skill, shares none of his sire's delusions, instead dressing for all occasions as if expecting rain, and speaking ominously of all things.

Terence Rannigan, former Baron of Wimbledon

The story amongst Kindred is that Terence Rannigan, a Ventrue war hero and ally of Prince Kirkbeck's in the Sabbat-infested south, was captured in early March of that year by the Sabbat, tortured for information, and finally butchered. It was this brutal kidnapping and assassination that shocked the barons into letting Kirkbeck take the lead for the so-called Two-Week War - though, pundits note, they quickly shifted the Prince back into the sidelines as soon as the first major retaliatory strike had been carried out.

Anthony Sommers, Baron of Whitehall, 'The Patrician'

Young and ambitious, Sommers took the integral domain of Whitehall during the Two-Week War during a fast-paced reshuffle, as Prince Kirkbeck and a coalition of barons under Samantha Eames and Rodyon Turcov vied for control of the city. While Sommers still enjoys the support of his allies, as well as an extensive and ever-growing network of friends amongst the Kine government, the majority of Barons still see him as an inexperienced upstart, attempting to undermine him wherever possible.

Esteban du Marchais, former Baron of Whitehall

Walter Weybridge was once a schoolfriend of Roger Kirkbeck's, as Kine; and the two were Embraced, simultaneously, by two elder Ventrue of the city who caught them in a London alleyway. As Kirkbeck rose, haltingly, to power, he attempted to bring his old friend along with him. It became increasingly clear that Esteban du Marchais, as he renamed himself, conceited, idle and incompetent, was not fit to rule - as became ever more apparent when the new Prince gave him the title of Baron of Whitehall. The ineffectual du Marchais began to look more and more embarrassing, especially when faced with opposition in the form of a young Kindred by the name of Anthony Sommers, who began to gain allies amongst the Kine government and gain the respect of the local vampires. Finally, despite an attempt by Kirkbeck to oust Sommers entirely, du Marchais was stripped of his office, and promptly arrested on charges of misleading the Camarilla. Few believe that the accusations are true; but anyone can see that du Marchais, now imprisoned in the Sheriff's dungeon, is likely soon to meet his Final Death.

Andre Carabas, Baron of Bexley & Havering

Languid, careless, and easily bored, this Toreador baron treats his exile in 'the sticks' of outer London as easy money - at worst, a slight hindrance. Some speculate that Carabas has designs on a more central domain - but it's just as likely that his real passion, collecting and trading Kindred antiquities and artworks from the many flea markets of the city, occupies too much of his time to allow for much wrangling.

Erika Schiller, former Sheriff of London

Schiller, heavily-scarred from an apparently magical wound many decades ago, served Kirkbeck and the Camarilla faithfully during his tenure, carrying out her orders to the letter...despite her obvious disdain for and distrust of the politicians she dealt with on a daily basis, and her quite incredible capacity for cursing. Without waiting to be ousted or demoted after Kirkbeck's exile to the countryside, Schiller abandoned her post and the city entirely; her current whereabouts is unknown.

Gordon Wyther, Sheriff of London

Slender and cadaverous, Wyther is a childe of Turcov's - and, every Kindred knows, his loyalty will be to him rather than to the Camarilla itself. Rumoured to have worked as a hitman for the Ventrue baron, his tenure as Sheriff has so far been unobtrusive (perhaps, some speculate, due to the creation of a new spy network) - a few Kindred have been dragged away by his men, of course, as is to be expected after a political shake-up, but just how successful Wyther will be at his post remains to be seen.

Edgar Fellowes

Fellowes, an urbane Toreador with decidedly impressive gun-play skills, rose on the coat-tails of Anthony Sommers, acting as his personal bodyguard and hitman (while, of course, maintaining his own interests in the capital). Now that his boss has been made Baron, Fellowes is busier than ever, though his duties are now tailored more towards the organisation of Sommers' men and various meetings with Kine allies - so much so that some suggest he seriously misses having a little adventure in his life.

Oscar Cronin

A Nosferatu entrepreneur of sorts, this Irish Kindred enjoyed the patronage of several London barons, enabling him to set up his own surveillance base away from the main warrens. While he appeared to lose the support of Anthony Sommers after the Two-Week War, Oscar's ever-growing success, even paying other Nosferatu to join his enterprise, suggests that he still enjoys the patronage of other important figures in the city - indeed, some amongst his clan have apparently even begun to treat him with envy and anger for selling their services privately.

Donald Jamieson (deceased)

Donnie, as he liked to be known, was a Malkavian renowned in his home in upstate New York for his skills in tracking and killing human hunters, mainly due to a remarkable knack for both endearing himself to those around him and appearing utterly harmless even to the very suspicious. Don's efforts in taking down hunters often involve elements of subterfuge, sleight-of-hand, distraction and sheer bloody cheek. Died in an ingenious sting against members of the Sabbat during the Two-Week War. His motives for being in London are still unknown.

Gary

This hulking doorman at the Pleasure 'N' Pain haven, the most popular club and meeting-place in fashionable Soho, handles more than just security - he's also been known to work as muscle, intimidating the rival Kindred prospects in the area.

Simone Bellevoir

A Nosferatu explosives expert, Simone works freelance - her association with the Tremere Samantha Eames has made her something of an outcast amongst her clan.

Tinker

Not a great deal is known about Eames' head of security, a tall, grizzled Brujah who spends as much time drinking at the bars of Soho as working. He is, however, apparently tough and dependable, with just enough imagination to serve his mistress effectively, without enough imagination to ever consider working elsewhere.

Gwendolen Rickless

A noted Harpy and famous gossip who currently waits at the Pleasure 'N' Pain - though some of the smaller establishments, including Whiplash, are trying to persuade her to defect.

ANARCHS

Robert Griddle, 'Big Bob'

The childike, horribly mutilated Robert Griddle is the de facto leader of Anarch interests in London, though his size and proportions often result in his being challenged or even ignored by more immediately charismatic rivals. There can be no doubt, however, of Griddle's credentials, nor of his cunning - if he has a flaw, it lies in his tendency to act based upon the pronouncements of his personal Malkavian seer, Victoria.

'Victoria'

Found abandoned at Victoria station, recently Embraced, this caitiff was taken in by the Anarchs. Her Malkavian blood soon became apparent, as did the remarkable accuracy of her predictions. While she remains fragile and easily distressed, Victoria is nevertheless held in high esteem by Robert Griddle.

Ellie, Vanessa, and Dennis

Three young and rather foolish Anarch neonates.

SABBAT

Sculptor Angelos (deceased)

A genuine artiste and something of a high-riser, Angelos' exact position amongst the Sabbat remains unknown - perhaps due to his connections with the Inquisition. Angelos was assassinated by the Camarilla in an elaborate sting, effectively bringing the Two-Week War to an end.

Bishop Dubrik

The Sabbat's spymaster in Liverpool, Dubrik is known for being cold, calculating and utterly manipulative. While he remains focused on the North, Dubrik has been known to extend his hand southward to London in the past.

Ductus Wallace (deceased)

An enforcer of Sculptor Angelos'. Killed at the same time as his master during the Two-Week War.

Amanda Wilkinson (condition unknown)

Working as a subordinate for several Ventrue masters, it was Anthony Sommers who discovered that Amanda Wilkinson was, in fact, working as a double agent for Bishop Dubrik. In a brief negotiation between the two parties, Wilkinson was allowed to leave the city unharmed - her fate once she arrived home is unknown.

INDEPENDENTS

Karthik (deceased)

This portly Indian power-broker and information-trader, one of the very last members of his clan in this city, appears to have died during the Two-Week War...though exactly how he met his end is disputed, to say the least.

The Centurion

This ancient, Latin-spouting maniac, bringer of death to Camarilla and Sabbat alike, apparently at random, is rumoured to be a Samedi - however, some point out that his clan is far too young to have spawned a real Roman. Whatever the case, this chaotic creature has become a good deal more violent in recent days, as if he's somehow enraged by recent events.

Hob

?

HUMANS AND GHOULS

Humphrey Trentbridge

The current Home Secretary may very soon find himself on the way out due to marital troubles and personal stress - however, at present he is a valued contact of Anthony Sommers' in the Kine government.

Antonia Grey

Sommers' secretary - loyal to a fault.

'Chazza'

This thuggish East End brute makes a healthy living selling firearms out of the back of his van - rarely, if ever, questioning the curious types who loom up from out of the darkness to buy his wares.

Peter Glenville

A politician, caught up in the papers earlier in the spring when his young daughter was found, molested and murdered, in the family's London apartment. The perpetrators, the girl's nanny and her foreign boyfriend, were arrested almost immediately, and Glenville has since returned to active duty.

Frederick Boulton

Eames keeps this ghoul sweet with frequent dining trips in the West End - in return, as a managing director of the British Red Cross, he helps keep her and her allies supplied with fresh blood for the Kindred on the go.

ironyuri

I'm ready for something new, as much as I've become attached to Sommers through participation in this LP, we engineered his brief rise to power, though we made many false steps along the way.

I get the feeling Sommers from now on will have his hands tied. Earnes and Turcov both want to use him, he has little power to his name (except for his title as Baron) and his information network is in a shambles.

I for one would like, perhaps, to see something radically different. A (true?) Brujah, a Nossie, maybe one of the Sabbat, a Malk even?

Would be fun to have a character we could confidently take big risks with, while avoiding the overtly political. Though I think as some have mentioned, Grots excels at writing the political updates.... so...

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Man, I started reading the cast and was like daaamn and though that it was our character choice... :oops:

Eames sucks. Giving us a book, the nerv! Material things are worthless. I'd spit in her face, the wench.

Didnt like the Sabbat bombing of the Nos. Dont they always hide from everybody? Ever prepared for Gehena and their Nictuku friends? I know Gehena didnt happen but its always getting delayed in real life too.

Didnt like the development Schillers character was taking. This gay warming up to Pat. She started as a powerful, uncompromising and loyal enforcer with a temper (in my mind). And ended as unstable girl on her period writing letters with funny ps'es. I prefer my cold blooded soldiers to be cold blooded soldiers.

Aside from that, solid writing. Are you doing that as a hobby? I think, you write too well for a hobby. Where are your other fanfics ;) ?

Like I said in page 1 (or 2. Details - who needs them?), I'd vote for that Brujah character - it'll be a nice contrast to the clean, civilised world of the Camarilla.

From reading the description, I don't think that one has been introduced like a couple of the others have?

Having the chance to kill Sommers, after all that's been written, is just so tempting :smug:

Gondolin

Arcane
Undead Phoenix said:
Like I said in page 1 (or 2. Details - who needs them?), I'd vote for that Brujah character - it'll be a nice contrast to the clean, civilised world of the Camarilla.

An illiterate fuck who can't get his Latin phrases right? Perish the thought! :obviously:

wjw

Augur
I loved this LP, thanx grotsnik.

I would give this LP some weeks rest... just to make a fresh start again...

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Awesome LP, can't wait for Part 2!

I'm hoping to play as a Nosferatu, helping our clan to rebuild after the Sabbat attack on the warren. :)

Or somebody from the Sabbat, let's see the other side of the coin!

Esquilax

Arcane
Excidium said:

I'm hoping to play as a Nosferatu, helping our clan to rebuild after the Sabbat attack on the warren. :)

Haha, you love the Nossies, don't you?

I just want to keep this good shit going on as long as possible. On one hand, I think that Sommers' story has only begun - because we didn't reveal Rannigan's info, we didn't have a huge climactic finale. This is just the start of the war with Eames. I've gotten invested in the character and I really want to show those other Barons not to fuck with us.

I am cool with whatever, but if we roll a new character, I suggest either the Brujah from the introduction (I loved the character description), or a young Tzimisce up-and-comer in the Sabbat. Male for the BROjah because women cannot into EXTREME*, and female for the Tzimisce - her creations will have a distinctly feminine feel to them, she shall be known in Sabbat circles as the Martha Stewart of fleshcrafting.

* This of course means that the Brujah's last name must be Shepard and there needs be many opportunities for collar-grabbing.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Esquilax said:
Excidium said:

Haha, you love the Nossies, don't you?
I can't hide it. :P

But i'd prefer to stay as Sommers too. We've been through so much...I'll certainly vote for the patrician. Next step: Princehood.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I'll definitely wait and see the other options before casting my vote. But they'll have to be *really* cool to be more appealing than continuing with Anthony. Nothing less than a proper :obviously: Tzimisce :]

Breaking Axe

Educated
I definitely want to continue with Sommers, there's just something so enjoyable about playing a ruthless Ventrue in the politically equivalent manner of a heroic western gunslinger.

I must say, it's been an excellent read so far Grotsnik. Although I came late to this CYOA, I've fast become attached to Anthony's persona. Keep up the good work.

grotsnik

Arcane
Thanks, y'all!

Storyfag said:
I'll definitely wait and see the other options before casting my vote. But they'll have to be *really* cool to be more appealing than continuing with Anthony. Nothing less than a proper :obviously: Tzimisce :]

Well, it also comes down to the practical side of things. Playing with Sommers again means there's an existing attachment to the character and an understanding of the stakes, the motivations, etc., so there won't be any updates flailing around trying to establish tone. It also means there won't be any embarrassment when I hilariously fail at writing in a new protagonist's voice/creating an involving new set of characters.

Playing with someone else means we get a wider picture of the way the city works as a whole and the structure of the factions/different perspectives, it gives people a chance to play with a different sort of character, and as importantly, Sommers gets a break to quietly re-establish himself (meaning we don't get to the protagonist-driving-the-story-along point where this one Ventrue's been involved in pretty much every important event in the city over the past six months.)

So either way has its advantages.

Kz3r0 said:
I would like to play as Eames if possible.

I'll add her as an option.

Orgasm said:
Aside from that, solid writing. Are you doing that as a hobby? I think, you write too well for a hobby. Where are your other fanfics ?

Ehh...I've got one or two things scattered about online, but nothing so good that I'd want to actively recommend it.

wjw said:
I would give this LP some weeks rest... just to make a fresh start again...

Totally agree. The only problem is that I'm much more likely to get excited about it and write quickly thinking about the prospect of a fresh start. Fuck, I've already done most of the character choices.

Esquilax

Arcane
Storyfag said:

Okay, what about a Tzimisce who was a patriotic defender of the holy potatoland in his mortal days, to the point where now he can only rest at night in the most fertile, potato-growing growing soil of his motherland and a copy of The Perfected Cut of The Witcher: Limited Collector's Ultimate Edition - Deluxe.

Bros, I feel that we're forgetting another potential character here. It saddens me that nobody brought this up. That's right, I'm talking about none other than Warboss Bonnapartah:

Warboss Bonnapartah

Only hushed rumors exist about this reputed 12-foot tall vampire presumed to be working for the Sabbat. The Camarilla has officially declared Bonnapartah a hoax; a mere boogeyman created by the Sabbat to panic their enemies and provide false hope to their beleaguered London branch. However, Camarilla higher-ups know better.

The origins of this mysterious stranger are unclear. What is known is that one day he simply showed up in London, where he was witnessed smashing cars, throwing them at buildings, and bludgeoning random passers-by with a haphazard club-like object. Sensing the dangerous threat to the Masquerade posed by a genocidal green-skinned brute, the Camarilla intervened immediately and sent several of the city's best agents to put down this agitator.

None returned.

Meanwhile the Sabbat saw an opportunity to gain back some of their losses in the Two-Week-War by approaching this timely newcomer. This ultimately proved fruitful when Camarilla soldiers near Peckham ran in terror at the sight of a berserking giant wielding a chainsaw in one hand and a 50. caliber gun ripped off of a Humvee on the other.

However, the Warboss' successes have incurred just as much envy and spite as they have adulation. Most controversial is his policy of ruthlessly decapitating the mostly Lasombra ruling body vying for London with his choppa and replacing them with loyal Nosferatu and Brujah. He seems particularly fond of the Sewer Rats, as "they iz propa sneaky gitz", and he considers the Brujah's constant passion for battle as "roight propa orky". While his bold political moves have earned him many friends among the aforementioned clans, he has also gained the ire of a more than a few powerful Lasombra, and worse, the Inquisition.

More worryingly, Cainites within the Sabbat don't even know what Clan this mysterious arrival hails from. Some speculate that Bonnapartah is either a very old Gangrel, turned beastlike in appearance from centuries of past frenzies, others say that he bears a unique manifestation of Nosferatu hideousness. The Inquisition wonders just how old he is, and fearfully ponders whether this conveniently timely stranger isn't an ancient, monstrous Cainite who is merely a harbinger of the dreaded Antediluvians.

For his part, the Warboss remains happily ignorant of such back-room scheming, deriding it as senseless muckin' about. He has his choppa, he has a burgeoning army of boyz - let the squishy, runty gits whine as much as they want.

Perhaps consider moving the story up north, to Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle or Glasgow (aye, too grim - I know)? The vampires in London are likely to want things quiet for a while, so unless you plan on having a wee time-gap, there's plenty that could be going on elsewhere.

grotsnik

Arcane
Undead Phoenix said:
Perhaps consider moving the story up north, to Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle or Glasgow (aye, too grim - I know)? The vampires in London are likely to want things quiet for a while, so unless you plan on having a wee time-gap, there's plenty that could be going on elsewhere.

God, I'd love to do Glasgow.

The sweat wis lashing oafay Sick Boy; he wis trembling. Yous wis trying tae suck all the blued outae the cunt's neck as he wis tripping.
-Let fucking go, he snapped desperately.
-Jus hauld on a second, yous said.
-Fuck off, ya plukey-faced wee hing oot, Sick Boy snarled.

Man, if only I had any knowledge of that place that didn't come from Trainspotting or case studies about gentrification of the Gorbels, half-remembered from many years ago in Geography class.

ironyuri

grotsnik said:
Undead Phoenix said:

God, I'd love to do Glasgow.

The sweat wis lashing oafay Sick Boy; he wis trembling. Yous wis trying tae suck all the blued outae the cunt's neck as he wis tripping.
-Let fucking go, he snapped desperately.
-Jus hauld on a second, yous said.
-Fuck off, ya plukey-faced wee hing oot, Sick Boy snarled.

Man, if only I had any knowledge of that place that didn't come from Trainspotting or case studies about gentrification of the Gorbels, half-remembered from many years ago in Geography class.

Trainspotting was set in Leith, the old port area of Edinburgh, my dear Grotsbro.

Most of Welsh's novels are set in or around Edinburgh and its seedier districts. You might get more Glasgow in Alasdair Gray, for example his novel "Lanark" (advise you read if you like magic realism type stuff).

Anyway, I take your ignorance as a personal sleight and now we must duel sir.

Also, there are differences in dialect between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom