Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Fucking A, quality as always... :salute:

The plot thickens and Rannigan reveals himself at last. As for the situation at hand, Sommers is not one for direct action and combat unfortunately, though a successful appearance at Jack's Warren might very well be exactly what we need to gain the Nosferatu's trust. The light is an unknown, it might be a trap or a greater foe, it might also be Nob (which is another unknown variable) or something else interesting that might help us.

A seems like the coward's choice, B is a known risk while C is curious.

C

EDIT: Yeah, (P)honing someone in the Camarilla, like Schiller, seems like a good idea as well.

grotsnik

Arcane
Djadjamankh said:
A rare photo of Anthony Sommers? :
220px-Francis_Urquhart.jpg

I actually see Sommers as more of a young Charles Dance...

81300.jpg

root, bro, I haven't forgotten about you. I'll send it once I get back from work.

But I'm afraid your phone is probably going to be rather waterlogged, gents, so you may be stuck without it for now.

Esquilax

Arcane
Fuck. Didn't figure we'd get such a cold reception - who would have thought Nossies would be such miserable cunts, they always seemed so pleasant.

Anyways, I have to advise against C, it seems like the safer route, but it really isn't. Remember the Malk seer's prophecy; I think that investigating the candle light will mean our deaths. Also, the Sabbat members who set up this attack (and Angelos) seemed pretty goddamn scared of some creature lurking somewhere in the depths of the sewers.

"Here comes a candle, to light you to bed;

Here comes a chopper, to chop off your head."

We originally came here to find some allies, so that's what we're going to do. I know that fighting is risky, but it's an opportunity to face our fears - hopefully Eddie's combat training will allow us to make it through this. We can't gain the trust of the Nosferatu just by waltzing in, but we can if we involve ourselves with their struggle right now. We might die, but at least it's a hell of a way to go out, right?

Regardless, I'm pretty sure our chances are better taking on the Sabbat (who, I'm hoping are undermanned and desperate if they're doing something like this) than they are investigating this candle light. Better the devil we know than the devil we don't know.

B

laclongquan

Arcane
Fukken A, Fukken A, hey hey hey!

I guessed at something of this sort of welcoming mat. After all we dealt with Nosferatus in OUR environment, so they had to conform somewhat. Now that we are in THEIR environment, THEIR turf, of course they will treat us as they think we deserve.

Still, it's not as bad as I fear. At least we have a chance to salvage something out of this night.

Purpose: we are here tonight to forge something with Nos. And this torrent will threaten Camarilla's electronic eyes and ears. This Sabbat attack could kill most and scare the rest of Nos into hiding, which will reduce our collective intelligence capability.

Action: so of course we will head back to Nosferatus warrens. We will need to save what Nos we can, estimate the damage to hardwares, and give what financial assistance we can. THis is a chance to do the Nos a favour they can not refuse :evil:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

I know it's dangerous and risky, since we are here alone without Eddie. But it's not as risky as chasing after that mysterious candle light. And escape is of course out of question.

Agree with Esquilax right of the bat for once.

EDIT: I hold very low hope for phoning anybody out there. For once the thing is waterlogged. For another we are under ground, man.

ironyuri

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Ie: B

Didn't think laterally that visiting Nos = visiting sewers = sewers dangerous while Sabbat still running about looking for revenge. But I think this is a better than expected outcome. Sorley could have snubbed us entirely, but now we might get his grudging respect.

If Oscar's in the Warren, we might even be able to consolidate his alliance (ME2 style) and cement our friendship with him.

Deleted Member 10432

grotsnik said:
Djadjamankh said:
A rare photo of Anthony Sommers? :
220px-Francis_Urquhart.jpg

I actually see Sommers as more of a young Charles Dance...

81300.jpg
Interesting. Updated my journal.

On the issue of our choices... (C) is tempting, but as Azael says, the Malk prophecy suggests it's a bad idea. (A) is probably by now blocked off, either by the Sabbat, or something else. On the other hand, there is (relative) safety in numbers, and the potential rewards of helping the Nosferatu are too great to pass up. (B) it is.

Esquilax

Arcane
Azael said:
That was Esquilax, not me, and I'm (once again) flipflopping to follow Primogen Esquilax suggestions.

Changing my vote to B

Thanks for the vote of confidence, bro. However, as with most Malk visions, this one might be a bit open to interpretation and tricky to decipher. Remember that Rannigan said that he and Hob were hiding out in the sewers. It could indeed be them, but there's no real way of knowing. The fact that the update described the faint light from far away as a "candle" tipped me off and made me kinda uneasy, especially considering how true the seer's insights have proven so far.

We have a couple of things working in our favour should we decide to help the Nosferatu defend their Warren. Many updates back, we had Eddie train us in some combat skills in case a situation like this should arise. Also, Tony has already had a close brush with death at Donnie's hands, so I think that experience might help him remain cool under pressure now that he has to face the real thing.

This last bit is just speculation, but remember that the Camarilla/Nosferatu had very few casualties compared to the Sabbat during the Angelos assassination. The Sculptor's people were caught completely by surprise and I think that this is a desperation move. I am betting that they're going to be undermanned and inexperienced compared to the guys Angelos had with him before we killed him.

Only big problem is, once the Sabbat see us, they're pretty much all going to turn their sights on us. But thems the breaks - we can't keep avoiding shit at the first sign of trouble. We want respect, we're going to have to lead from the front sometimes. Getting shot builds character I guess, so that's another reason.

@ Djadjamankh: Nah, that won't happen. It's not blocked, with choice A, we'd just climb up the elevator shaft and into the surface. No risk at all, but no rewards either. In fact, the Nos will probably be pissed we ditched them once the shit hit the fan. It's basically "let's cut our losses and run".

Deleted Member 10432

root said:
Oranges and lemons,
Say the bells of St. Clement's.

You owe me five farthings,
Say the bells of St. Martin's.

When will you pay me?
Say the bells of Old Bailey.

When I grow rich,
Say the bells of Shoreditch.

When will that be?
Say the bells of Stepney.

I do not know,
Says the great bell of Bow.

Here comes a candle to light you to bed,
And here comes a chopper to chop off your head!

how curious that Hob would want some churches around London...Perhaps St. Clemens and the like, eh?
Ah, but we were told the churches Hob wanted:
Kirckbeck said:
“Six churches, within the city limits. Christ-Church in Spitalfields, St Anne’s at Limehouse, St Mary Woolnoth, St George In The East, St George at Bloomsbury…and your chantry, Samantha, at Greenwich. A home for him, Terence said. Just territory, the same as any Kindred wants.”

Unfortunately, none of those is either St Clement's - St Clement Danes, or St Clement Eastcheap. The connexion is that the first five were all built by Nicholas Hawksmoor, a disciple of Christopher Wren's. And Hawksmoor built only six churches in London, one of which was (you guessed it) in Greenwich. Which presumably makes Eames' chantry St Alfege's Church.

Wiki informs me that St Alfege's reputedly marks the spot where Alfege, Archbishop of Canterbury, was killed by Viking raiders on 19 April 1012. The tower has been replaced twice since Hawksmoor built the Church, incorporating the original. Following the Blitz, it was restored by Sir Albert Richardson. Two characters get married there in Our Mutual Friend.

Other than that, I got nothing, except that each of the six Hawksmoor churches is architecturally unusual.
Christ Church, Spitalfields:
Ch_ch_spitalfields.400px.jpg

St George's Bloomsbury:
602906_ac1d7161.jpg

St Mary Woolnoth:
St_mary_woolnoth_exterior.jpg

St George in the East:
hawksmoor-5174.jpg

St Anne Limehouse:
StAnnesLimehouseBack.jpg

St Alfege's, Greenwich:
St%20Alfrege%20Church%201.GIF

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
C sounds dangerous because of that malk shit...hell even without the prophecy it's scary. Some random source of light in the end of a dark tunnel. No thanks.

and A. Well. You're being called the Camarilla hero. You want to win favor with the Nosferatu. So the Sabbat attacks the Nosferatu warren, destroying the Camarila information lines... and you run away? Anthony avoids danger but he isn't a total coward if there's something important at stake.

So I vote: B)!
It's the chance to win the favor of the nosferatu and also reinforce your reputation.

Esquilax said:
Fuck. Didn't figure we'd get such a cold reception - who would have thought Nossies would be such miserable cunts, they always seemed so pleasant.
Pfft no Nosferatu in his right mind would miss the chance of humiliating some Ventrue bastard scurrying through the sewers all like "Hey guys,look, i'm smelling like shit and walking through sewers, are we bros now?".

Deleted Member 10432

root said:
if you put them on a map, does a pattern arise?
xnfeih.png

Not really, no. They stake out a fairly large chunk of the City, and then a huge slice of random Greater London, so far as I can see. St Mary's Woolnooth is on top of Bank tube station, but that's about the only other matter of significance I can see about them. The bastards nearly demolished it to build the station, in fact.

laclongquan

Arcane
undermanned and inexperienced is about right.

When Angelos went to Battersea, he's quite desperate to do so. as such, he gather with him two or more packs. It's very safe to assume they comprise of most of Sabbat's veteran force. And we killed most of the overground troops, and plenty more underground. So Sabbat in London lacks both number and experience.

During the war they mostly react to our moves. Their loss is heavy and ours is light. If they succeed this night they win the most visible battle by blinding camarilla. Desperate move but it's a brilliant fighting retreat action, one that will allow them to regroup.

IF they were really in control from the start they would have done well to do this at the beginning.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
I am. If you have a big cock. If you know what I mean.

grotsnik, do you rewrite sentences? Like, you write one, then write another, reread what you wrote and scrap it and do it again?

grotsnik

Arcane
Oui, I do. Not as often as I should, owing to the time constraints and the fact that I'm doing it as a serial (so I can't go back over update 3 and correct the sentence with the bad characterisation, or get rid of the plot hint that goes nowhere, or put in some proper foreshadowing...well, I can, but nobody will notice it unless they're reading the whole thing from the beginning). So that accounts for some of the janky sentences in there.

If it was a longer piece that I got to draft and re-draft as a whole...someone famous said something about how, on average, you should aim to rewrite each sentence three and a half times. Thinking it was Nabokov, but I can't find the quote anywhere, so I'm probably completely wrong.

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
don't forget to turn on fortitude and use that bolter we got from Chazza earlier...

wait, am I mistaking LPs?

You and grotsnik mentioned something about a manuscript before; please tell me you're planning some epic Warhammer40k-VtM crossover. If so, for the next story arc, I demand we play as Warboss Bonnapartah stranded in London (he survived by some sort of dimensional time travel after his krooza was struck by torpedos). After rampaging about in a one man WAAAGGGHHH!!! throughout London, our hero is put on the Red List for violating the Masquerade - after all, the Camarilla can't have large, green brutes slaughtering 'humies indiscriminately everywhere.

The Sabbat take notice of this new arrival however, and they think his whole kill 'humies philosophy is really neat, so they offer to recruit him. In turn, our hero enjoys the fact that the Sabbat love a good fight and hate humies, so he joins them and becomes leader, replacing Angelos. He even creates a new Path of Enlightenment known as the Path of WAAAGHH!!! After that bit of background fluff, the next part of the story begins.

It practically writes itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom