Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

Esquilax

Arcane
What the Prince and the Barons don't know won't hurt them. We can just say that she ran off once she found out Angelos was killed, realizing that our death was just a ruse. If du Marchais can make people think that Rannigan's remains were in the warehouse at Deptford, we can definitely make people believe this. It's not like anybody else but us and the Bishop know about this deal, so covering it up will be easy.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, another reason to hate Eames:

"It's probably best it turned out this way," she tells you, gently. "The man was a genuine liability."

Murk

Arcane
Solid fucking update, Jamieson went out like the BROest of BROs.

Seems that A is winning.

Mikayel said:
Solid fucking update, Jamieson went out like the BROest of BROs.

Seems that A is winning.
Bullshit. He wasted that shotgun. If he was a true BROjah he would have beaten Wallace to death with his fists and then tore the rest of the Sabbat apart from stealth and that bloody shotgun. Instead he went out like a Malk. :smug:

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
Oggham Runes. He probably thought the Centurion would come blasting through.

I dunno 'bout Wilkinson. Sounds iffy. Does she know Rannigan came over to our house? Do we have a connection with this chap?

No, Wilkinson couldn't possibly know about Rannigan because we only found out about him coming to our house after we faked our death. As far as connections to Rannigan, I'm not sure what you mean by that. We never really knew the guy, if that's what you're asking. Can you elaborate?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Hail the mad yankee. Couldn't wish a better final death. :salute:

I say A. Accept his proposal and send the bitch back to him, the other option is killing her anyway. The information he's offering might be very valuable, it's a fair exchange.

A seems sensible. It's not like we're really losing anything, anyway, since she's quite useless to us now.

Anyway, nice to see everything come together pretty well after all that planning, even if we did lose Jamieson in the process. He went out like a man, at least. That's second only to not kicking it at all.

laclongquan

Arcane
Back to speculation:

Dubrik mentioned that he will trade back some info from Angelos. While data coming from him will be extreme suspect, maybe we can tease out some indications of current Sabbat politic and/or Camarilla politic. Or some info about Anarchs (their deal with Sabbatical bounty on Camarilla).

And one thing of concern: Dubrik's been trying to insert his agents into London, restraint only by the fact that it's not his territory or of one friendly to him. Now that ANgelos is gone, he will have free reign to send more agents here. Wilkinson will provide him with lots of leads and places, because even though she's completely fooled by our tricks she has survived Londonium for decades, proving that she's very competent.

It's not enough to change my vote, but it's a thing to worry about.

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
Wilkinson will tell him too much, and he'd never make this deal if he wasn't the one to win from it. Besides, what does him lifting his bounty even mean? the rest of the sabbat will still want our heads, just not the liverpool cunts. Should we care? Should we even trust this creep? I say nah, why would he uphold his word, anyway? If he wants her she must know something that would be to our benefit as well. Dealing with sabbat? Enough, we trapped them already. Let's reap the whirlwind

I vote B: tell this prick to go fuck himself and 'interrogate' Wilkinson. Also rape her.

Of course he'll benefit from it, that's a given, but so will we. I imagine that he wants to fill the power vacuum that we've created by planting people in London that are loyal to him. The intel that he'll provide will probably be false or incomplete in some way, but I expect there to be enough truth in what he says to provide us with at least some valuable information that we can follow up on. Dubrik isn't a fool, he knows we're going to be suspicious so there will be at least a kernel of truth to it. Obviously, we'd follow up any leads that he provides with appropriate caution.

I understand what you're saying: we're in deep shit with the Sabbat already, so telling Dubrik to go fuck himself will make little difference anyways. Why not embrace our status as the Sabbat's hated enemy and execute Wilkinson in a gory public spectacle so we can drum up even more support for ourselves? Well, because information is a commodity you can never have enough of, and I'd rather have Dubrik ignoring us than actively making moves against us. A divided Sabbat coming after us is preferable to a united one. We've already won tonight, and I don't think we should let this success get to our head by making a powerful enemy who is wise to our tricks and isn't as careless as Angelos was. I say we give him this little concession and maybe get something good out of it. We don't have much to lose.

Another reason why I'd rather offer up Wilkinson is that if the Sabbat aren't putting together a concerted effort to kill us, we'll be better able to focus on dealing with our Camarilla rivals (du Marchais, Eames) in the immediate future, which is what I think we should be doing.

EDIT: I say we give him the vase too, as a sign of good faith and so that people will finally shut the fuck up about it.

laclongquan

Arcane
Good point. I had really high hope for the vase too. But it didnt seem to be of significance.

Anyway, by returning Amanda AND the vase, there's a fuck-up-your-mind factor coming in: on the Sabbat side it will look like we are chum with Dubrik and he used us to finish off Angelos. Divisive and suspicious to the Sabbat, da?

wjw

Augur
Great update.

Voting A, we should first have a 'talk' (presence/dominate if untraceable with Wilkinson), then let her go.

ps. Keep the vase. Buy some flowers, put them in vase. Reap beneftis later.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
There is no honor in polite vampire society! Especially not among Sabbat! Spymaster! Bishops!... :roll:

Letting her go is the dumbass thing to do. He wants her (my guess would be personal reasons), we keep her. Alive.

Squeeze all possible info out of her, make her our first legal!, blood bound, loyal sex-/slave.

BBB

Ps: You just fucking fried your buddy from York, your Honor... Compensating now, eh?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have no opinion on this. Sucks that Donnie died, but i didn't vote because i was unsure. B risked drawing the sculptor out of the trap, A risked Donnie. Well then.

In this vote here i have no preference at all. She's a complete liability but before voting i'd like to talk to her.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
laclongquan said:
Who is obsessed about honor now? Overcompensating perhaps?
Btw, he/she/it moves, goes, fucks, workS, thinkS. Fuckin learn it.
http://www.ecenglish.com/learnenglish/l ... he-she-it-→-one-s-present-simple
Come back when you've won.

on vote

At least it would be nice to be able to stuff a gps tracker/smartphone/military grade wideband antenna into her ass and let a killteam follow...

Esquilax

Arcane
Orgasm said:
There is no honor in polite vampire society! Especially not among Sabbat! Spymaster! Bishops!... :roll:

There is no honor in polite vampiric society, but among the more :obviously: clans such as the Tzimisce, Lasombra and Ventrue, the appearance of honor is quite important. We need to show this uncouth Lasombra ruffian that we have the bigger monocle.

Well, I'd hate to be the guy talking about the vase now, because I actually just brought it up as a joke and have groaned every time one of you fucks have mentioned it, but perhaps we actually can make use of it. Maybe we can just leave Wilkinson with only a basic interrogation at most, and instead get Oscar to plant a bug inside the vase. I'm still undecided on that, however, as I think Dubrik will eventually sniff it out.

@ Lord Andre: Killing the leader of the London Sabbat, developing a reputation as a hero so that we can draw more Kindred to our cause, gaining standing in the Camarilla, positioning ourselves as a power broker between Kirkbeck and Eames, and stopping a pointless war that poses a significant threat to the Masquerade hardly constitute "no reason". I loved Donnie and was sad to see him die, but we couldn't afford to fuck around after all that planning. There was way too much on the line.

It wasn't an easy decision, but it may have been a necessary one.

Gondolin

Arcane
My 0.02$: Dubrik knows that by asking the PC to turn his spy loose he has painted a massive bull's eye on her. The first thing that comes to mind is "why is she important to Dubrik?" and he knows that we are going to think this way. My take is that whatever information she has AND her route amount to the same thing: bait. Dubrik knows we're going to have her followed and he's probably trying to bait the PC the way the PC baited Angelos.

laclongquan

Arcane
Possibly. And if we so suicidal as to follow her in person (or with minions) we deserve to get buttfucked.

And for all the recividists above, I will quote Dubrik's comment on our tactic: "You sacrificed a knight," he says, "and you felled a king.

I know in heart of heart that we must pay heavily to either entrap and destroy a large part of Sabbat or killed Angelos. And of all our assets, Donnie is the most vulnerable. Which is why I pushed for leaving the safehouse to provide helps to him.

I didnt push harder because frankly both of us are recovering from heavy injuries. Injuries caused by Donnie's overenthusiasm. Unneccessary near-fatal injuries. Even if we get there in time, it's highly possible that we cant do much for him.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
laclongquan said:
Possibly. And if we so suicidal as to follow her in person (or with minions) we deserve to get buttfucked.

And for all the recividists above, I will quote Dubrik's comment on our tactic: "You sacrificed a knight," he says, "and you felled a king.

I know in heart of heart that we must pay heavily to either entrap and destroy a large part of Sabbat or killed Angelos. And of all our assets, Donnie is the most vulnerable. Which is why I pushed for leaving the safehouse to provide helps to him.

I didnt push harder because frankly both of us are recovering from heavy injuries. Injuries caused by Donnie's overenthusiasm. Unneccessary near-fatal injuries. Even if we get there in time, it's highly possible that we cant do much for him.

The dude would have probably survived if he stayed put and hid while waiting for Camarilla to clear their way to him after he killed the dude with the shotgun. Instead he went right up into the giant group of Sabbatt, I dunno if he was dazed and stupid, crazier then we thought, or just wanted to die after what Angelos did to his arm.

Esquilax

Arcane
I've been thinking about what would happen if we chose to support the Prince, and I realized that this move would result in us having three serious rivals. Eames and Turcov would be furious that we ruined their attempt at a coup, while it would also attract a great deal of envy from du Marchais, who would find our success a threat to his position as Baron.

So how do we eliminate these threats? Well, with du Marchais, I think that we should negotiate with the Prince and convince him to frame du Marchais for kidnapping Rannigan in order to instigate the Sabbat war under false pretenses (which he actually was doing anyways, minus the kidnapping part). Since we've just secured a strong victory against the Sabbat, the Prince can pull this off and come out looking good. With our word as a Camarilla patriot supporting the Prince, people will believe it.

I've been thinking of ways in which we might marginalize Eames. She seems like the type who relies on alliances that end up with her benefiting the most - remember that she approached Turcov with her plan to get rid of Kirkbeck before she talked to us. I think we need some way to turn this Turcov guy against her by offering a better deal than what she's got. With du Marchais gone, I say we give Turcov Whitehall. Yeah, we won't be Baron, but everyone will know that we're the real power behind Whitehall since we'll have the Prince's favour, the Sheriff in our pocket, and a whole lot of young Kindred who want to work for us.

Of course, if we can find a way of getting Turcov on our side without having to give him Whitehall, then that would be much better. But my point is, we need to find a way to break their alliance somehow.

laclongquan

Arcane
There is some merit in keeping her, actually. but not strong enough to outweight the advantages of releasing her. Absence of stronger arguments, I still advocate to agree with Dubrik's deal.

As for Turcov, we do need a face to face meeting with him. We dont know anything about him. Also Terrance if we can find the bugger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom