Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

ironyuri

Serious_Business said:
Not going to vote anymore for now, but I'm posting to say I will still be following. All my free time's drowning in Shogun 2, no time for petty westerners i must bring order to great nippon

It's 4am here and I just stopped in after an epic Shogun 2 session. I can't even get my mind straight to vote. Bro, this is some serious business.

I got fucked over as Takeda on hard. Need to review my tactics.

Anyway- I'll vote a bit later, need to think. Didn't think the thing in the sewer would be an ungodly abomination when I asked if we could come down here. Karthik is one inane Pakistani.

Sabbat abominations, which is better and why? Discuss!!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Black Bart Charley said:
36815195.jpg

:bounce:

But I don't think we should visit her just yet. We should proceed to warn the Sheriff about the Cathayan abomination ASAP. *If* that is possible through a phonecall, then we can safely do so and concentrate on visiting the Tremere Baroness.

Esquilax said:
* What clan is our buddy Don, anyways?

The man sounds *quite* Malkavian.

Kz3r0

Arcane
B is silly, C is more in character, but A means having a trump card if needed, so I say A, and Fellowes is supposed to be our underling not our peer, time to exert some authority.
Zero Credibility said:
grotsnik said:
And where do you want to go/what do you want to do once you've returned to the surface?
Right, I forgot to give my choice for our next action: go visit Eames. As I said before, we need political support, and she can provide it. And we need info - what is the thing that the Cathayans brought in the container? Show her the video of the container and the one with the same thing following Rannigan (showing her the one with the prince's thugs kidnapping Rannigan could lead to civil war, though). What was Rannigan up to in the Temple of Venus at Castle Howard? We need information about that place, and if anybody has it, its the Tremere regent.
And this.

Murk

Arcane
We no longer have the kind of power or authority to exert over Fellowes.

I vote C. Unless we want to turn traitor and join another faction (not for me) I think we should either get rid of this thing or inform the prince immediately.

grotsnik

Arcane
Serious_Business said:
Not going to vote anymore for now, but I'm posting to say I will still be following. All my free time's drowning in Shogun 2, no time for petty westerners i must bring order to great nippon

Damn, we lose a wise participant :( . You'd better bring order to that nipple.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The answer is clear, let Fellowes take revenge on Karthik (if we can capture him for a bit of camarilla sanctioned dialebriere even better)

Then B.

To set a trap to the Angelus naturally. Let the information about this leak. It will be irresistible to a Tzimisce.

But wire bombs in the chamber or something. It must not be allowed to be used.

Glory to the camarilla!

Esquilax

Arcane
Zero Credibility brings up a great point - what evidence will we bring up to Eames, and what evidence will we keep to ourselves? I think for now it would be smart to keep the evidence with the Prince's men away from her. She's an ambitious woman who doesn't like the current man in charge - if we tell her that the Prince was likely involved, there is no way that she won't try to make a run for leadership. We can't afford to become divided during wartime against the Sabbat. Our goals coincide with the Camarilla's goals, so it's in our best interests to make sure that they run through the Sabbat.

This also covers us quite well if she decides to present this evidence to the Prince. In fact, she might end up becoming one of his supporters. He will probably realize that we knew that he was involved all along, but we decided not to rat him out.

Instead, leaving that part out stacks things against du Marchais, who will play the fall guy. He was the one who first implicated the Sabbat, he did a lazy job of it (which we have proof of), so he will be the scapegoat.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Guys if you want to use the thing, my option is the only option.

The american is a camarilla enforcer/spy/diplomat. Do you think vampires that go on power meetings with princes and barons just happen to go on vacations?

He knows. That fellowes is pissed is obvious. He might attack by himself.

That the ravnos will sell out the thing to the tzimisce if we don't take it is also obvious.

So only two real options.

try to kill the ravnos if we can (to keep the loyalty of fellowes)
if we succed we can either burn the abomination, or use it as bait for the tzimisce.
if we don't we should burn it right away.

It's pretty fucking obvious. Fellowes is a toreador, he will understand using it as a trap.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I had a thought regarding the evidence. You say we show the recording of Rannigan fleeing the Cathayan abomination to Eames. Why, pray tell, would we not show it to the Prince himself? We keep the bit about his men out, and add the bit about the abomination coming from the Cathayan container. If we do so among witnesses (the Barons, etc), it should net us Du Marchais' head. But we should not be handing information to the Tremere privately, or she'll show it herself!

Also, remember about Erika. We need to tell her about the invisible Cathayan, or it might kill her! Hell, it already might have, while we're dealing with the Caecilian.

SCO said:
if we succed we can either burn the abomination, or use it as bait for the tzimisce.

This. That Brujah, Mike, was, through Fellowes, our man. We need to show that we care for those in our employ.

ironyuri

Storyfag said:
I had a thought regarding the evidence. You say we show the recording of Rannigan fleeing the Cathayan abomination to Eames. Why, pray tell, would we not show it to the Prince himself? We keep the bit about his men out, and add the bit about the abomination coming from the Cathayan container. If we do so among witnesses (the Barons, etc), it should net us Du Marchais' head. But we should not be handing information to the Tremere privately, or she'll show it herself!

Also, remember about Erika. We need to tell her about the invisible Cathayan, or it might kill her! Hell, it already might have, while we're dealing with the Caecilian.

SCO said:

This. That Brujah, Mike, was, through Fellowes, our man. We need to show that we care for those in our employ.

I find this a difficult choice.

Karthik is a good contact to have, but this obviously demonstrates that as a Ravnos he is untrustworthy. Having investigated the sewers, he put us in serious danger (Maybe he just wanted to feed the beast?). He has also damaged our relationship with Fellowes, but had Fellowes not been there, we may have been eaten. I think I agree that we should make an example of him.

The Caecillian is also probably too dangerous to have. Karthik only controls the fleshworms, but if the Caecillian were discovered by a Tzimisce and we know there is a Tzimisce in London right now, it could cause serious problems for the Camarilla and the Masquerade. The abomination should probably be burned and Karthik, if not killed, then punished severely.

We can't afford, with our currently meagre suport in the Camarilla, to have our name tarnished by association with this thing and we have now associated ourselves with it.

New York had alot of Sabbat problems, don't forget, and Jamieson would probably rather we killed the thing as well, even if he hasn't said it. He's waiting to see what kind of Vamp we are, but if we use this thing, he might push us into the pit himself and then have it slaughtered.

Right now its

aa

ccccc

bbbb

If someone votes B for a tie, I am flip flopping to C! You dont sit back and watch what happens when facehuggers are around and you expect visitors. We gotta win some laurels with the sheriff on this situation though.

Esquilax

Arcane
Storyfag said:

I don't want to do that because first off, it isn't an option, but even if it was, the Prince isn't stupid. He would realize that we are either keeping something from him or are very close to knowing the truth. We head into his office, tell him that we know Cathayans were involved and we know that this shapeshifting creature took Rannigan - yet we play dumb about him being involved? He is going to be suspicious.

The way that we need to play this is to make it the Prince's best option to get rid of du Marchais and keep us around. To do that, we need two things - support from people that are higher on the totem pole than we are, and to expose du Marchais for his lazy investigative skills. du Marchais needs to look like the bad guy here, not the Prince. To make that happen, we have to spin a convincing political narrative: The Prince is a strong leader willing to uphold the Camarilla, but it's the power-hungry types in his court like du Marchais that cause all the problems. That's going to be our story. Hell, even Schiller agrees that we should do this.

The biggest concern is her taking credit for this. It totally sounds like something that she would do, but I doubt that it would work. He sends the Patrician and du Marchais to find Rannigan, yet she finds out, despite not being ordered to do so? The Prince may be weak, but I don't think he's a fool - he will realize it was us, the same way that Schiller knew we sent that text because it was the only logical conclusion. But, the big difference here is that by not exposing his involvement, he will know that we have no intention of making him look bad, and that in fact, we're on his side.

Sammy Eames would perhaps be more competent than Kirkbeck, but we can't afford a divided Camarilla right now. The upside is that if she makes a run for Princedom, she will almost certainly take us to the top with her if she succeeds. However, that's a shortsighted view to take if the Camarilla as a whole is weakened.

Murk

Arcane
Because we had no idea what was down there and needed some muscle (we aren't much in a scrap), hence why we brought our trusty strong-arm. In regards to Jamieson, I think Grotsnik is effectively giving us a chance to forge a new ally (or lose one), and one that seems to have quite a bit of knowledge and pull. I'm still curious as to just how much of a player he is and why he is even here to begin with (strange he shows up right as shit is getting heavy), but he is a potential ally.

I still think we should burn the damn thing.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
After putting some thought into it, I must confess I've no idea how the Caecilian actually works. A worm turns its victim into another worm, right? So what's the use of the Caecilian's main body mass?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Things are getting much more interesting! I wish I could contribute but I joined a bit late and i'm just awful at playing ventrue types.

I remember someone saying on this thread that WoD vampirism isn't really a curse, that it's all super powers and immortality...well that's because the beast doesn't show itself as long as it's kept safe and well fed. Now that the narrative is getting more dangerous it won't be long until Mr. Sommers gets one of his plans ruined by a frenzy. Or at least I hope so!

Storyfag said:
After putting some thought into it, I must confess I've no idea how the Caecilian actually works. A worm turns its victim into another worm, right? So what's the use of the Caecilian's main body mass?

I think the worms just collect "material" for the body mass so it can generate more worms.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Which is the best way to deal with a ravnos? Their signature discipline is illusions.

Best make fellowes activate auspex, and we and the american too if we have it.

I suggest a dialebriere if we can get away with (camarilla sanctioned) it. The ravnos spends his time when not feeding abominations drugged out of head, his willpower will not be a match for ours probably.
But i wouldn't like our patrician to inherit his personality either (the ravnos fault is a criminal obsession).
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Diablerie_%28VTM%29
It lowers humanity too, which would be ok, if we had got it higher before. But we didn't.

You decide if it's worth the risk, even if we capture him and the prince approves.

Auspex has the advantage it is not easily detected too. That might trip him up. Should have got stakes.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Regardless of everything else, i vote for a trap to the tzmisce ofcourse. But i think karthik has to go... permanently.

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
what is it you have against karthik? he's provided only valuable intel for us so far

Karthik or Fellowes, which is better and why?

DISCUSS!!

grotsnik

Arcane
Excidium said:
Storyfag said:

I think the worms just collect "material" for the body mass so it can generate more worms.

Indeed; a little like the real-life Caecilian, the body-mass 'mother' allows the worms to feed upon it and survive when there's nothing else around to eat.

Esquilax said:
Karthik or Fellowes, which is better and why?

DISCUSS!!

Man, utterly awesome as you guys are, Andhaira would bring some truly fascinating one-or-the-other arguments to this LP.

I must admit, the amount of 'sensible' B responses surprise me. What happened to all you 'we need some bro'/'let's diablerise EVERYONE' types? Fo' shame, yo.

And yes - I didn't want it to become quite so apparent straight away, but Jamieson is a Malk, though a relatively coherent one.

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
yes let's not use the mildly objectionable tzimisce sorcery to our own gains, instead let's diablerize the fucker right here in front of fellowes and the american. that is of course a lot more reasonable.

I like karthik better than fellowes anyway, but we're now in a pinch. the obvious course would be B, so as to not antagonize anyone very much. A or C will be...disastrous, one way or another.

unless we kill everyone down here...maybe apart from the american.
still think we should use the facehuggers against the sabbat. it seems a solid idea, it will intrigue angelos and it will be easier to lure him into a trap.

i wonder what happens if we try dominate on this thing, tho? is it susceptible? vozhd are, I think, though maybe only to their tzimisce masters. since this thing technically doesn't have a master anymore...maybe...we could make it a blood-bond with it? drip some of our blood inside and then use dominate? make it our very own war-ghoul?

AFAIK, a vozhd can't be Dominated because the ghouls that make up it's mass have been lobotomized prior to being assembled into the entity. I do however, like the idea of using it as a trap for the Sculptor. Only problem - and it's a big one - how?

Well, first off, we would need to make Angelos aware of this thing's existence. That's easy - Karthik can simply tell the Sabbat that there's a Caecilian in the sewers, just like he told us. A Tzimisce going to war would find this thing irresistible. Shouldn't be difficult to get the Sabbat's attention, since Karthik negotiates with them anyways.

Now, the second problem is a far more tricky one. How do we make this cave into a deathtrap? SCO mentioned that it might be a clever idea to pull a Smiling Jack and stuff the whole fucking place with bombs, but again, how would we do that with this thing in there?

If one of you bros can explain how we can make this into a suitable trap, I might flip-flop.

EDIT: Oh, and grotsnik, if we can call Erika Schiller when we get to the surface, I want to warn her about the Cathayans right away.

EDIT #2: Gah, fuck. I see no way that we can use this thing as a trap against the Sabbat. Goddamnit, we shouldn't have even come here. Since we still don't have Erika on our phone contacts list (why?), I guess we'll just go see Eames and hope Schiller doesn't get slaughtered by this thing.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
No way? Dude we still have a fucking sabbat informer. There are many ways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom