Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by grotsnik, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Orgasm Barely Literate

Orgasm
    Click here and disable ads!
    Grot, got any idea for a semi decent rendered illustration? Play art director. I wanna try to do a real picture.
    ^ Top  
  2. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I don't want to put any words in grot's mouth, but I think we can all agree that the best idea for an illustration would be a horrified expression of despair on Anthony Sommers' face as he looks upon the shattered vase and realizes that all is lost.
    ^ Top  
  3. Storyfag Cipher

Storyfag
    :bro:
    ^ Top  
  4. Orgasm Barely Literate

Orgasm
    Is that a 1man1jar reference? :M
    [​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  5. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    Naaah. That look more like Oscar or at best Eddie.

For Anthony it must look more :obviously:
    ^ Top  
  6. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Indeed.

I don't wanna sound too demanding but we still didn't get our choice. :rpgcodex:
    ^ Top  
  7. Gondolin Erudite

Gondolin
    The masses need their opium fix.
    ^ Top  
  8. Storyfag Cipher

Storyfag
    Yes, yes we do :dizzy:
    ^ Top  
  9. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Riots first, and if grot doesn't update in 48 hours, we send in the Lithuanian Hitmen.

:mob:
    ^ Top  
  10. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    :rage:

It's been weeks since the last update. Shit, I really need to switch to something less addictive, like heroin.

Anywho, I've just come up with a plan that might be p. cool. Not anything vase or vaulderie related, but still pretty good. We've probably got a few Nossies in the Warren sympathetic to Tony after our last trip in the Warren, right? And our main problem with the Gangrel is that they're apathetic and they don't give a fuck about the Jyhad.

I propose this; since we're among Gangrel at the moment, we keep our eyes on their people, where they usually stick around to patrol and hunt, any areas where they might be vulnerable to getting attacked, etc. Then, we come in contact with the Nosferatu via Bob Griddle's man inside the Warren to find individuals sympathetic to Anthony Sommers. Then, we hire them out to initiate a false-flag operation: they will Obfuscate themselves and appear as known associates of Eames (i.e. Tinker, her head of security) and ambush and kill a few Gangrel.

After we stage this attack, we'll tell Grandmother Faa that Eames has gone power-hungry and insane from dealing with Infernalist powers, and that neutrality simply isn't an option any more. If they believe our lie (and I think that they will, Anthony has proven to be a hell of a liar) we will have a powerful ally firmly on our side. It would also provide some good training for our ghouls before shit hits the fan; just dress them up in ski masks and they won't be recognized.

Thoughts?
    ^ Top  
  11. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Sounds too risky for my tastes.
    ^ Top  
  12. CappenVarra Phantasmist

CappenVarra
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    While definitely Machiavellian enough for a Ventrue, that plan has a lot of potential fuck-ups: if it succeeds, we get some Gangrel muscle (which doesn't seem to be any good against Hob); if it fails, we are set to lose the (few!) friendly Nosferatu, reveal (and possibly lose) our super secret elite ghoul squad, convince the Gangrel that they were perfectly right to distrust anybody from the Camarilla - and possibly make them hostile as well. While Ventrue are compulsive schemers, gambling with such odds seems way too plebian for Anthony :obviously:

We need an update so we can scheme properly! M:
    ^ Top  
  13. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    We dont even have any decision lately.

:sleep:
    ^ Top  
  14. CappenVarra Phantasmist

CappenVarra
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Warning: off-topic nonsense while waiting for the update...
    I've been replaying VtM:Bloodlines with a Malkavian last week, and remembered grotsnik saying how writing a Malkavian would be lots of work. I agree completely - if the Malk is like the Bloodlines protagonist, a gibbering madman of obvious dementia whose every second sentence is an obscure pop reference or an obfuscated prophetic spoiler. However, "regular" Malkavians are interesting when they are somewhat like Grout from the game - relatively normal-ish personalities with a particular twist. And wouldn't that be much easier to write? For example:
    Code:
    Mac Boone Cleveson, 13th generation Malkavian

* Attributes *

Physical
    -------------------
    Strength 3
    Dexterity 2
    Stamina 3

Social
    -------------------
    Charisma 1
    Manipulation 3
    Appearance 2

Mental
    -------------------
    Perception 2
    Intelligence 4
    Wits 4

* Abilities *

Talents
    -------------------
    Brawl 4
    Athletics 3
    Alertness 2

Skills
    -------------------
    Melee 3
    Survival 2

Knowledge
    -------------------
    Computer 4
    Science 4
    Occult 3
    Politics 2

* Disciplines *

Auspex 1
    - Heightened Senses: Raise one of your five senses to superhuman levels.
    - Add 1 to Wits; reveal auras of all within a short distance.
    - Special / Flavor: Instead of hearing voices (as Malkavians usually do), the character believes that he's the last in line of a long history of individuals chosen to write a grand tome of knowledge (known only as "The Grimoire"). Engages in public interaction with this non-existent book (can be seen flipping pages in the empty air and seemingly reading for hours at a time if undisturbed). Auspex powers involve "reading" or "looking something up" from the book, if appropriate.

Dementation 2
    - Hysteria: The victim is temporarily incapacitated with laughter. 
    - Passion: Amplify or dull emotions present in the victim, increasing the difficulty of frenzy, Virtue, and other rolls.
    - The Haunting: Inflict maddening visions upon a victim.
    - Mass Hallucination: Anyone nearby suffers mild hallucinations, causing them to suffer penalties to their actions.
    - Special / Flavor: Can use all hostile Dementation powers over the Internet; only subjects willingly reading his online writings (email, chat, forums, blog, ...) are affected.

* Other *

Humanity 6

Willpower 6 

Merit: Ubermensch 
    -------------------
    Strength, Stamina and Intelligence cost 3 points x level to increase (instead of 4).

Flaw: Non-Sapiens 
    -------------------
    Charisma, Manipulation and Appearance cost 5 points x level to increase (instead of 4), and can never be raised above 3.

Merit: Lightning Calculator
    -------------------
    Your character can perform complex mathematical equations in his head instantly with little error at the speed of a computer. You as a player can use a calculator during play at any time, even when your character is fleeing for his life. 

Flaw: Shy
    -------------------
    Large groups of people make your character uncomfortable, and although he doesn't necessarily panic and flee from  crowds, he has trouble dealing with such gatherings. Your character has trouble speaking and presenting himself when the world's watching. Any time your character interacts with strangers or becomes the center of attention for a group of three or more other people, you suffer a difficulty penalty of three on all social rolls.

Derangement: Untouchable 
    -------------------
    If the character engages in direct (skin to skin) physical contact with Kine or other Kindred outside of combat, he must spend Willpower or fall into torpor within half an hour (or just long enough to retreat into nearest available shelter). For example, the character always wears gloves when shaking hands, prefers to drink blood from plastic containers instead of directly from victims, etc. The duration of the torpor is X nights per Intimacy level (1 = a handshake or a pat on the back, 3 = feeding or hugging, 5 = kissing or sex), and avoiding it costs X points of Willpower.

^ Top  
  15. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    Who would want a regular Malkavian? What we mean playing Malk is doing a batshit insane one.
    ^ Top  
  16. ironyuri Unwanted

Unwanted
    You left some shit out, bro.

He should have :

"Embraced by a golden retriever:

You were embraced by a rabies infested golden retriever and as such are imbued with miraculous golden retriever genes. These genes heighten your olfactory senses and increase your IQ exponentially."

"Titanium bones:
    Your bones are so dense that even a garou could not snap them in half. You are preternaturally strong."
    ^ Top  
  17. Rod Rodderson Learned

Rod Rodderson
    Back to Malks, you could actually work that second one into a real derangement, where the Malk actually thinks he's preternaturally strong or tough. Of course, there's a good chance he'd just end up killing himself or otherwise underestimating something that he really shouldn't have, but... that's life for you. Certainly more interesting than a Fishmalk, at least.

I once wrote one similar to that, who thought he was much more powerful than he really was, going as far as hallucinating the use of Disciplines he thought he had. Quite something when someone just stops noticing all auditory stimuli because he thinks he's using Quietus 1. A miracle he ever survived (though he did become really good at Obfuscate and used that a whole lot to mask his inadequacies, along with some clever applications of Dominate).
    ^ Top  
  18. oscar Tacticular Staff

oscar
    Don't stop this, it's fantastic!
    ^ Top  
  19. ironyuri Unwanted

Unwanted
  20. Black Bart Charley Scholar

Black Bart Charley
    Ive seen the man in question posting around.

Stop avoiding the thread. Announce death or eta.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)