Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Night Empire

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Recently I read a 'favourite/least favourite clan' thread over on rpg.net that featured a lot of players complaining about the Tzimisce, mainly because they apparently tend to draw the tone of the game across towards excessively inventive grotesqueness. It surprised me, I'm rather fond of them.

...yeah, update should be finished tomorrow. The sun came out last week for the first time in a year, so I was forced to dash to the coast and camp out on some vague approximation of a beach far away from electronic devices or civilisation itself, as all Englanders do. It's like salmon migration.

Yeah, the Tzimisce aren't among my favourite but the whole Body Horror thing they have is very unique and fits the setting extremely well. Personally, my favourites are the Ventrue because imagining one of these Wall Street bankers as immortal, blood-drinking predators who secretly pull the strings through millions of expendable proxies just makes so much sense. I also like the Brujah because of their backstory as a race of fallen warrior-scholars completely gone to seed, and they present a counterpoint to the Ventrue. Obviously Malks too as well, but it's difficult to do them justice like you're doing.

Actually, it's really hard for me to think of a Clan that I don't like, though the Independent ones are probably the most one-dimensional and uninteresting. At worst, they look like retarded racial caricatures.

The body horror aspect of the Tzimisce is a minor consideration for myself, and I do believe I'm the Clan's greatest fan in this thread, and maybe even on the entire Codex. In fact, I consider excessive use of the possibilities Vicissitude provides to be most unsavoury and childish (as if the various WoD-affiliated authors couldn't think outside of this specific trait...) It is their specific code of honour and dark nobility, as well as their koldunic capacity of becoming a dark and twisted genius loci/fisher king that appeal to me. You know, with the wrath of the Tzimisce becoming the wrath of the land itself, etc.
That, and their overall ties to Mother Earth which provides many a nourishing potato
3925.png

oscar

Arcane
I really like the Tzimisce. Dark, alien and quite genuinely horrifying but their sense of grace and honour mean there is a begrudging respect there.

Esquilax

Arcane
The body horror aspect of the Tzimisce is a minor consideration for myself, and I do believe I'm the Clan's greatest fan in this thread, and maybe even on the entire Codex. In fact, I consider excessive use of the possibilities Vicissitude provides to be most unsavoury and childish (as if the various WoD-affiliated authors couldn't think outside of this specific trait...) It is their specific code of honour and dark nobility, as well as their koldunic capacity of becoming a dark and twisted genius loci/fisher king that appeal to me. You know, with the wrath of the Tzimisce becoming the wrath of the land itself, etc.

That, and their overall ties to Mother Earth which provides many a nourishing potato

I never thought about it that way, the whole idea of them being tied to the land. What intrigued me about the Tzimisce is that the Body Horror aspect just mirrors the fact that they seem to be as alien from other vampires as vampires are to humans.

grotsnik

Arcane
Something About Serpents Licking Ears

A single word, echoing through the darkness. A battle cry. A chant of triumph.
Striding down, thigh-deep, into the black Ravensbourne, it’s enough to make the Centurion halt, tilt his head, and listen.
Weep-Not Sorley, coiled and brooding in his chair at the head of the deserted Nosferatu feasting table, hears it, and frowns, before dismissing the sound as the result of old age and too many long troubled nights.
Archbishop Connaught rises from his throne in Amen Court, and claps, to the sound, laughing as he goes.
In her tent, nuzzling at the hair of the gorgeous masked acrobat sprawled in her lap, the Pell-Mell Queen opens her eyes.
‘Yes,’ she says. ‘That’s it. That’s what they were all screaming about. Clear as you like. Culex. Culex. Culex.’

‘It’s merely a matter of impressions,’ Turcov says. A slender youth, dressed immaculately in the full regalia of a butler, opens up the silver cigar case. He hesitates, and then takes two. ‘Wyther will be back soon. Once we know the location of the packs, we’ll take you down there. Take some photographs of you with your foot over a Sabbat corpse, get the Nosferatu to circulate it. ‘Big Game Hunter.’ You keep your sense of exoticity, your adventurous persona...but it will be understood that you’re the man to be taken seriously.’
‘I,’ Julian Fox says, cradling his glass almost overflowing with vitae, ‘Well, yes, Rodyon, quite, quite...’
‘Iacomo dines tomorrow night at the Taurien Club,’ Turcov explains, handing over one of the cigars. ‘Baron Godrick will attempt to pigeon-hole him, waffle on endlessly about the club’s long and direly uninteresting history. Once the Archon is tired of hearing about such things, you can speak at length about your plans to eradicate the Sabbat. It’s good stuff, Julian. A Scourge is needed, I don't think anyone will be able to deny that. Better use of the Nosferatu to control the sewers and prevent dens springing up; funds collected from the Camarilla for the purposes of surveillance. Good, serious, stuff.’
Fox allows the youth to cut off the end of his cigar, and light it. He takes a single, unsatisfactory puff, and says, with feigned unconcern,
‘And, the, ah, the Queen?’
‘Who?’
‘The Pell-Mell Queen. Malkavian. You...you know what they’re saying, Rodyon. About what she’s said.’
Turcov runs a long fingernail down the length of his cigar.
‘They’re saying,’ he says coolly, ‘that the little whore has prophesied that the next Prince of London will be the one who loses it. What of it? I can make predictions of my own, Julian, as well as anyone else, I’m a regular old-fashioned Sibylline oracle. In fact, the cockerel entrails have revealed to me quite plainly that the Queen will find herself quite without friends in this city once this farce is over and done with. Furthermore, the Tarot cards themselves have-’
He halts. And stares up at the muted television on the far side of his study wall.
‘Matthias,’ he murmurs, ‘would you turn the sound on, please, dear boy?’
Onscreen, a short, harried-looking bearded man is being ushered past the cameras of the 24-hour BBC news channel and into a waiting van. The clip is short, and soon replaced by an overhead shot taken from a helicopter.
The presenter’s voice cuts in.
‘-just days before the start of the London Olympics. We’re now hearing that the Bishop of Oxford, Kenneth Shaw, was successfully rescued from his own residence tonight after he was apparently taken hostage by armed men. Neighbours were evacuated from their homes as gunfire lit up the night sky.’
A baffled-looking obese woman, wrapped in a fluffy dressing-gown, gapes at the camera from behind perfectly circular glasses, and babbles,
‘-they just told us to get out, that we weren’t safe, that I wasn’t safe in my own home, didn’t tell us what was going on, I still don’t know what was going on, they were saying it was Al-Qaeda, what would Al-Qaeda be doing in Oxford?’
Turcov leans forward.
Standing behind the woman, loitering calmly with his back turned to the camera, is a familiar figure, tall and dark.
An unseen reporter asks her if tonight’s events give her confidence in the upcoming Olympics; as she responds, the figure glances around, notices the camera, and steps discreetly out of view.
‘That was Iacomo, wasn’t it?’ Fox asks, the cigar wilting in his hand. ‘What - what’s he doing? Turcov? Did you know about this?’
Turcov smiles, without warmth.
‘Of course,’ he says. ‘Sommers.’

You’re looking at a corpse.
Laid out across the dining room table, before the high, gorgeously framed windows of the college hall, the body looks as if it’s been dead for half a century. Shrivelled, eyeless, torn skin barely dangling from its bones, hair limp and ragged. Its freshly-laundered, tailored suit looks quite plainly ridiculous, the shirt and waistcoat ripped open to expose its chest. All in all, it’s unrecognisable.
So, you think, gazing down at Iacomo’s bodyguard, this is how little we come to.
On the floor beside the Gangrel's corpse lies a gargoyle, a twisted and gigantic shape; its fellows must have carried it here on the night air. You've really no idea how the Oxonians intend to dispose of the corpse.
To your left, a door swings open.
‘Oh, you're here,’ Kempe says, quite without surprise, poking her head through into the threshold. ‘Good. Status update: the Hod rounds splintered when they entered your man’s chest, you see. We have enough blood to give him a good feed right away, if we can raise him from torpor - you see, when the Prince heard about the attack, he tracked down the restaurant where the Bullingdon Club was having its weekly dinner and had some of the local law enforcement gather up those who’d passed out and bring them here...in case emergency vitae was required. The problem will be getting the fragments out of his heart, but we’re working on it. I’d say you rushed over here for nothing - to be perfectly fucking honest, one way or another, I’m not entirely sure what you thought you were going to do.’
‘Perhaps nothing,’ you tell her, ‘from your perspective. But I’m glad I did.’
And yet you can’t help but picture the hunters’ stash, loaded quickly away into the vans and away into the night. In the hands of others now, no doubt.
Enough. You did the right thing, for Fellowes and for yourself. You have absolute no reason to feel as absurd and as foolishly sentimental as, at this particular moment, you do.
Kempe says, mildly,
‘I doubt my Prince would come dashing back to see me if I fell in a fight - especially not if he had new toys to play with. Your man's lucky to have an ally in you, it seems. ’
You’re not so sure about that. After all, you’ve been responsible for his falling into torpor on two separate occasions.
‘Come,’ she says, patting you on the shoulder. ‘Let me show you Oxford while we wait.’

The Bodleian Library is dark, but not silent; a lilting, haunting voice drifts over the heavy bookshelves.
‘The Duchess Forlorn,’ Kempe tells you, ‘sings for the glory of the illuminative knowledge and for the glory of the darkness that keeps the ignorant enshrouded. I’ll show you the Song of Roland, if we have time. And this, of course...’
You cannot imagine what manner of beast the decapitated head, hung above the old stone fireplace, might have belonged to. Its fur is mottled; a long snout resolves itself in bared teeth and a pair of twisted tusks.
Kempe gives it a critical look.
‘One of our dear Rhodes Scholars sent it over from Botswana last year,’ she says. ‘It was a faithful pet, apparently. Always so interesting to see what mischief our cousins in the Ebony Kingdoms are getting up to. I don’t suppose you’ve been? So many Ventrue got their start out in the colonies.’
‘Like Julian Fox,’ you reply, gazing up at the monstrosity.
Your mobile phone vibrates. A message from Vogler.
You frown. It's a five-word message.
Noch kehrt er nicht heim.’
Your German’s a little rusty...haven’t you heard that before, though? Something to do with Humphrey, some social affair...try as you might, you simply can't place it.
Wandering along in Kempe’s wake, you attempt to call him; the phone rings out.
‘I’d heard about Fox coming back to London,’ Kempe says, strolling on. ‘Interesting figure. I suppose he’ll be the favourite. We’ll be lobbying for Brother David, of course. No offence - you know how it is. All of the Chantries are looking to your city - they’re nervous, understandably. Don’t want to be tarred with the same brush. We want to ensure that Tremere interests are being supported - sire!’
Prince Grocyn, descending from the mezzanine above, glances mildly about in two utterly wrong directions before finally spotting you, and gives her an absent-minded wave before strolling out through the shelves towards you. He still has a blood-stained apron tied around his slender chest.
‘It’s done,’ he growls, ‘it’s done. The boy’s hooked up with a bagful of a future government minister’s blood - though, I fear, much of it may be port and vodka. His chest will take some time to heal. He’s slipping in and out of torpor. Give him time, and plenty of blood, and he’ll be almost as good as new. Would that Grip had been half as fortunate. I doubt I’ll find a gargoyle of his like for some time, alas...’
He shakes your hand, with the same slightly dazed, crooked but perfectly amiable expression.
‘Ventrue, yes,’ he says, before Kempe can open her mouth to introduce you. ‘I do know you. Just got off the phone with your Archon, dividing up the, ah, the evening’s proceeds. Had nothing but praise for how you handled that. Just taking the Bishop out in front of the cameras now. Olympic terror threat, they’re calling it. Clever. Good use of the Kine festivities.’
You make a subtle movement to wipe your palm off on your trouser leg, but the old Tremere snatches hold of your wrist and pats down upon it with his other hand.
‘Ventrue,’ says Grocyn. ‘My darling Malory and I, we would like to celebrate tonight’s achievement with you. Toast your Archon. Perhaps discuss the matter of this, this London Prince with you. It seems to me that you and your Archon, you're close, yes? Perhaps you and I might become close as well. Come, come - there are a few stray hours left in the night, but we have beds aplenty, and you will be an honoured guest of Oxford.’
You glance at Kempe. She rolls her eyes, quickly, and grins.

A) Accept their invitation. It will be a useful political opportunity, and you can return to London with Fellowes once he's recovered.

B) Actually, your place is probably with Iacomo right now; he can probably handle the Bishop and the press, but it’ll be beneficial to return to him and the kine military and provide what help you can.

C) Vogler’s message seems a little odd, and it’s strange that you can’t seem to contact him. Perhaps you should get back to London right away.

oscar

Arcane
Fuck! Missed out on treasure. Guess this should remind you that we're this is World of Darkness not World of BROS.

Esquilax

Arcane
Loved the bit with Turcov. He tried to deprive us of an ally, meanwhile we turn around and use Eddie being Iacomo's bodyguard as a means to establish a relationship with the Archon. I doubt the other Barons have gotten anywhere near the amount of face time that we have with him, so whatever happens in the coming elections, at the very least, our job as Baron of Whitehall is safe. I think he'll keep trying to pick at us with passive-aggressive attempts to erode our power over the next while. If he makes any overt attempts to strong-arm us, sic the ghouls on his ass.

Avoiding the Pell-mell Queen/Turcov drama was probably for the best. She's doing a fine job of fucking up Turcov's life on her own, she doesn't need our help. Maybe we can nudge her towards making even more 'prophecies' some way without showing our hand. Once the war starts gearing up and potentially Princely candidates see the dangers of ruling London, then it might be time to encourage her prophecies so as to drive the other candidates away.

Julian Fox is the most likely guy to become Prince, and even he's ambivalent about being Prince.

A: I think that this Gorcyn fellow wants us to use the pull we've gained with the Archon in exchange for supporting his man, Brother David. I'm not particularly interested in what he has to offer - why make friends with him if we've got Iacomo on our side? I don't see anything that he brings to the table that the Archon can't improve on. Gorcyn's already told us that he's pulling for Brother David, and unless we're offered a position as Seneschal to match Vogler's offer, I'm not really interested.*

B: There's plenty of reasons to provide Iacomo with the help he needs in the aftermath of the raid. Helping him right now will allow us to clear away any loose ends in Oxford before we head back to London, and it shows commitment. More importantly, we'd get even more interaction with the guy: I'm certain that he's a bit perplexed as to why an ambitious, intelligent Ventrue who is clearly good at his job would make such an emotional decision. He'll probably chalk it up to the folly of youth, but we might be able to convince him it was a sound decision, even if it really wasn't. This way, he might consider our Humanity (such as it is) a charming eccentricity rather than a fatal flaw. This is probably definitely wishful thinking, but maybe he'll throw an artifact our way for our troubles.

Well, we may have made an irrational, sentimental decision about Eddie, but who knows, some good may come of it. When he comes to he'll probably appreciate what we've done. Why would he sell us out to Turcov if we're is a rising star who will maintain his Barony at the very least, and potentially become Seneschal at best? Especially considering we've proven to be more trustworthy now than Turcov ever will. But yeah, losing out on the globe... that's a tough one to swallow.

C: This one is a wild card. I'm not really sure what to make of it. I think that while we've been away at Oxford, something may have happened in London that we need to attend to immediately. I'm speculating that the connection to Humphrey might be Bullcracker trying to fuck with us in some way. Given the recent rise in Sabbat attacks, maybe Vogler needs our help and the text was code for something. If it turns out to be something serious that needs Tony's attention, if we come in and resolve the situation, Iacomo will respect us even more. Any speculation as to what it could be?

B and C seem like the best choices, and I'm torn between them at the moment. I'll commit to a vote once I've heard what others have to say.

* Hahaha, watch it suddenly turn out he's offering us the opportunity to diablerise Eames and a ritual to wipe away our aura in exchange for throwing our lot in with Brother David.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

(P)hone Cripps and ask him to check on Vogler. Tell him you can't reach him and that something may be wrong.
Politely decline and ask them to tell to tell Eddie you were there. B - I've got a feeling Turcov might try something sneeky or at least show up for damage control.

We've already helped out Iacomo and there's really little we could do there in the few hours left this night. Flopping to A. More reasons below.

I'm also changing my (P)hone vote. The Vogler thing is a time waster. I think he was just making refference to Eddie being "killed" in battle. I put forth that we should (P)hone Horn and thank him for his help in all this. (P) Costello and find out what's happening in London.

My rational is that the worst Turkov can do to us at this point is:
a) Show up and do damage control with Iacomo - making himself look like even more of a useless sycophant.
b) Visit Eddie in bed and try to win him over to his side - which he won't be able to do if we are with Eddie.
c) Somehow screw with our kine connections - ie, Horn who if we never called to begin with, we'd never have found out about the hunters.

Also, phoning Horn could do the same thing as us being with Iacomo - in other words, if there was a problem we could solve, Horn could do it for us and we could take credit.

laclongquan

Arcane
I must point out, that we may have electronic trickery aimed at us from the Nosferatu corner. I mean, what is this? A mysterious text from Vogler but we cant contact him to verify it. More than even chance it's some electronic warfare.

So I am quite disinclined to choose C. Really, I am not that hot and bothered to push Sommer's candidate onto the throne at all. He will serve our purpose.

So okay, i am thinking between A and B.

I am slightly leery of trying to make use of the Tremere, again. But open and maintain contacts is what diplomacy all about, so perhaps we could risk it.

Bros, I feel we've been seriously underutilizing our ability to (P)hone a Bro.

Even if you don't want to phone Cripps to check on Vogler Horn to thank him for his help as I suggested, I'd really like to hear some suggestions as to who we should phone so as not to waste the opportunity.

Should it be Humphrey to ask about where we heard the german phrase?
Or Turkov to gloat and goad him into revealing his next move?

laclongquan

Arcane
Agree on that Lambchop-san. The problem is whom to call.

There is still not much info about the second group of Hunters. I think a call to William Horn to prod him and his minions into find out more about Hunters' traces, to ensure that we've accounted for all goes in, is in order.

ironyuri

The German is from Wagner's (Fag)Gotterdammerung:

Nein! - Noch
kehrt er nicht heim.

No! He is not
coming home yet.

So it's possibly a warning from Vogler, Turcov may be upset with Sommers. Iacomo doesn't need us to do what he can do better, which is steal the limelight. Let's leave it to him for now. We chose to return to be at Fellowes' side, forsaking treasure, we should continue with that line of play:

A.

We may be able to get support from the Tremere and sway them from supporting Brother David (or convince Brother David to support *OUR* candidate), why the fuck would Iacomo need us? Votan B is retardo.

Kz3r0

Arcane
(P)hone Cripps and ask him to check on Vogler. Tell him you can't reach him and that something may be wrong.
Politely decline and ask them to tell to tell Eddie you were there. B - I've got a feeling Turcov might try something sneeky or at least show up for damage control.
This.

Nein! - Noch
kehrt er nicht heim.

No! He is not
coming home yet.

So it's possibly a warning from Vogler, Turcov may be upset with Sommers.
Thanks for this. Not 100% sure what to make of it. Text and translation below:
http://www.rwagner.net/libretti/gotterd/e-gott-a3s3.html

In this scene Gutrune learns of Siegfried's death. Siegfried was stabbed in the back... Could it be in reference to Eddie being shot?

We may be able to get support from the Tremere and sway them from supporting Brother David (or convince Brother David to support *OUR* candidate
How would we go about this? I favor establishing more connections, but seeing as how they've just told us they want to put their man in I don't know what the point is...

Side note: Why are the tremere always trying to get us to sleep over? First Eames now this guy?

edit: A is tempting though - if only because Vogler still doesn't seem to stand much of a chance. Perhaps we should explore other candidates. What say you, bros?

ironyuri

Nein! - Noch
kehrt er nicht heim.

No! He is not
coming home yet.

So it's possibly a warning from Vogler, Turcov may be upset with Sommers.
Thanks for this. Not 100% sure what to make of it. Text and translation below:
http://www.rwagner.net/libretti/gotterd/e-gott-a3s3.html

In this scene Gutrune learns of Siegfried's death. Siegfried was stabbed in the back... Could it be in reference to Eddie being shot?

We may be able to get support from the Tremere and sway them from supporting Brother David (or convince Brother David to support *OUR* candidate
How would we go about this? I favor establishing more connections, but seeing as how they've just told us they want to put their man in I don't know what the point is...

Side note: Why are the tremere always trying to get us to sleep over? First Eames now this guy?

edit: A is tempting though - if only because Vogler still doesn't seem to stand much of a chance. Perhaps we should explore other candidates. What say you, bros?

Welll, the point is we can keep an eye on what they do with Edgar. They are Tremere after all, and we're letting them pump him full of unknown blood... and they're blood mages.

Trust not the Tremere.

Vogler's text sounded like a warning to me, saying: "don't come home tonight", if so, then he has his reasons. Rushing back to Vogler is a bad idea.

ALTERNATIVELY:

We could go to Iacomo and show him Vogler's text, maybe he'd be able to infer the meaning. Something is rotten in the City of London, I'd say.

I still think it's a better idea to use this opportunity with the Oxford Tremere *PRINCE*, remember we're being invited to stay by a Prince, not just some nobody with no power or persuasion, because he's a fucking Prince and because he's just saved Edgar's (un)life. He has done us a huge favour, whenn he might have let Edgar die. We should accept his hospitality.

Welll, the point is we can keep an eye on what they do with Edgar. They are Tremere after all, and we're letting them pump him full of unknown blood... and they're blood mages.

Trust not the Tremere.

Vogler's text sounded like a warning to me, saying: "don't come home tonight", if so, then he has his reasons. Rushing back to Vogler is a bad idea.

ALTERNATIVELY:

We could go to Iacomo and show him Vogler's text, maybe he'd be able to infer the meaning. Something is rotten in the City of London, I'd say.

I still think it's a better idea to use this opportunity with the Oxford Tremere *PRINCE*, remember we're being invited to stay by a Prince, not just some nobody with no power or persuasion, because he's a fucking Prince and because he's just saved Edgar's (un)life. He has done us a huge favour, whenn he might have let Edgar die. We should accept his hospitality.
I think the text is a red herring. Grotsnik's just screwing with us a bit just like with Mandrake. We're paranoid and he knows it. :P

I really doubt the Prince of Oxford would waste his time screwing with Eddie's head/blood. He's a prince and we're a 13th gen nothing that just happens to seem to have the ear of the archon for the moment. Not worth that much effort.

I would like to keep gaining points with Eddie though and you are right that he is a prince and we do need allies with power. I'll have to think about it.

ironyuri

Trust not the Tremere.

ALTERNATIVELY:

I think the text is a red herring. Grotsnik's just screwing with us a bit just like with Mandrake. We're paranoid and he knows it. :P

I really doubt the Prince of Oxford would waste his time screwing with Eddie's head/blood. He's a prince and we're a 13th gen nothing that just happens to seem to have the ear of the archon for the moment. Not worth that much effort.

I would like to keep gaining points with Eddie though and you are right that he is a prince and we do need allies with power. I'll have to think about it.

I wouldn't be so certain that it's a red herring. Not every instance in this LP has been a red herring, I mean look at Bullcracker (Mandrake). That seemed like a red herring but it turned out to be something, and it might pop up again at a later date.

laclongquan

Arcane
You make good point about the blood mages and our bro being pumped full of unknown blood in their hands. I forgot that aspect. A strong reason to stay nearby.

Another strong reason is that Sommers is invited into this Prince's presence. Normally to get an invite like that could cost us a vase or two. Now that we got it for nearly free, we should take advantage of that.

And a reason to avoid Iacomo is that he seems to get everything in his hands with no effort. Run to his side right now could just irritate him for no gain. Let him alone to swallow his portion from the loot, send a message to inform him of our unavoidable delay, and that's it.

I wouldn't be so certain that it's a red herring. Not every instance in this LP has been a red herring, I mean look at Bullcracker (Mandrake). That seemed like a red herring but it turned out to be something, and it might pop up again at a later date.
Not a red herring? We all thought Mandrake was a big threat and he turned out not to be. Grot encouraged our paranoia and the rest is history. But you are right that it could come up later. That's why I suggested we phone Cripps, so in case something was wrong he could handle it. There's no reason to run all the way back to London just because Vogler sent us a cryptic message and won't answer his phone. (He's kind of a dick after all and dicks tend to do that sort of thing.)

ironyuri

Not a red herring? We all thought Mandrake was a big threat and he turned out not to be. Grot encouraged our paranoia and the rest is history. But you are right that it could come up later. That's why I suggested we phone Cripps, so in case something was wrong he could handle it. There's no reason to run all the way back to London just because Vogler sent us a cryptic message and won't answer his phone. (He's kind of a dick after all and dicks tend to do that sort of thing.)

Well, I agree and have in the past advocated our Phonecalls. I'd be happy if we (P)hone Cripps, but remember, he's a Nos too. If Vogler's message is Nos interference/hacking, then Cripps might not be the most trustworthy. Ghoul Antonia can't really do anything useful about this....

Why don't we (P)hone:

Costello

This elegant harpy takes her place, in the centre of a group of highly-fashionable, utterly devoted Kine admirers, in the Fleshmarket in Hoxton, a garish den of earthly pleasures. Costello’s popularity makes her difficult to reach, at times.

And try to find out any information about what's going on in London right now, while we've been away?

Esquilax

Arcane
What about (P) Humphrey for clues as to what could be going on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom