Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play through Jimbo the Casual's ENTIRE G.O.G. backlog, in order of appearance

UncleJimb0

Educated
Upon discovering RPG Codex I was mysteriously drawn to GOG where I saw ALL the games I'd ever wanted to play and couldn't find are on sale (and plenty that I never knew I wanted, as well.)

The shopping spree is over with and there is no way I am going to play through all of these, even once...or is there? My plan now is to post narratives, screenshots, thoughts, and questions about these games as I (hopefully) enjoy them in a more or less LP/AAR format.

Here's the megathread list, in order of release:

Syndicate, 1993 *begun 10/8/12*
Betrayal at Krondor, 1993
Heroes of Might & Magic 2, 1996
Fallout 1997
Return to Krondor, 1998
Fallout 2, 1998
Baldur's Gate, 1998
Heroes of Might & Magic 3, 1999
Jagged Alliance 2, 1999
Planescape Torment, 1999
Baldur's Gate 2, 2000
Icewind Dale, 2000
Arcanum, 2001
Startopia ,2001
Icewind Dale, 2 2002
Neverwinter Nights, 2002
Temple of Elemental Evil, 2003
Demon Stone, 2004
Dragonshard, 2006

Table of Contents
01. Syndicate

UncleJimb0

Educated
Syndicate is first up.

Free preview:

Somehow I managed to make it to the fourth mission.
...forgot these old games actually required you to READ THE FRIGGIN MANUAL.
:D

Brinko

Arcane
If your Syndicate playthrough is anything like your X-COM LP, can't wait to see the glorious slaughter about to commence.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

The three bars under your agents portrait are chemical boosters. It's been too long since I played to remember what order they are in. (Actually, way back then my second-hand diskettes didn't come with a manual. And I was too young to care for reading an entire manual in english anyway. I found this out through trial & error). But basically, clicking on the right-hand side in the bars injects happy drugs into your dudes and makes them faster, more accurate, target enemies on their own etc. You can also click to the left of the seperator when nothing much is going on, which will make them slightly weaker. The seperator will move slowly towards whichever end of the bar you've clicked. So you can de-chem while moving to wherever you're going, then boost your agents as soon as shit hits the fan. Also, automatic weapons are quite good. Try to get a pair of uzis on all agents (you can research it quickly after mission #1. Just go afk a few minutes and the progress bar will fill). Later on, standing behind a corner with a flamer is super-useful. They got a lot of ammo and instantly kill most enemies.

Also, bring a pesuadertron along. Civilians are handy meatshields and they will arm themselves with weapons lying around and shoot your enemies as well. Once you get a decent swarm of civilians pesuaded, you can take over guards and even enemy agents. And you get to keep the enemy agents + all their augmentations if they survive the mission.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Select all agents and then click both mouse buttons at the same time. Sit back and enjoy...:smug:

Lindblum

Augur
If you don't want to LP these old games then its alright to move one to better old games *wow nice avatar*.

I picked up syndicate again, 2 minutes later the nostalgia wore off and i never looked back again.

eklektyk

Erudite
:your throw results in succesfull spell cast:

soooo anybody here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom