Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Lets Play the latest Jagged Alliance 2 1.13

LP it with HAM 5.0 Alpha at the risk of game-crashing bugs?

• Yes, better enemy AI and tougher to-hit chance spread patterns, come on!

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Wait until HAM 5.0 is fully released to start this LP

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, I want a finished JA2 LP and I want it now.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • kingpincomrade

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

The_scorpion

Liturgist
reinforcements :mad:
misconcepted feature. Especially if they palace will be undergarrisoned now

Whitewolf

Novice
Hey Cassidy nice LP, do you plan to storm the palace the standard way or using the "secret passage" ?

The_scorpion

Liturgist
you're gonna have to get through the bunker either way though (unless you get deidranna before she can run to the bunker)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Wait a minute - what? I have been playing this game for ages already and only now learn that there are other ways to get into the palace than the tunnel? And Deidranna even retreats to the bunker?? WTF!! I feel like a fucking retard. :(

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
"Secret passage". Indoors combat is far more deadly and the AI tends to fare better in it anyway.

"Secret passage" sounds kind of dirty.

Also, avoid indoor combat 'cause your best BRO is claustrophobic :oops:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I guess we'll need to have an updated killcount from cassidy to settle this, Beta-Black.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Not if I shoot you first. and I'm pretty sure my sniper rifle is faster to aim.

The_scorpion

Liturgist
And Deidranna even retreats to the bunker?? WTF!! I feel like a fucking retard. :(

that usually happens invisibly. I first noticed it during modding, before that, i had always thought that she's just always generated in the other sector p3/ p3_1 than the one where you enter first. But it appears instead that she's in P3 and leaves to p3_1 if you haven't already been there first. and Joe along with her IIRC.

Cassidy

Arcane
There is so little left, I don't want for it to end so soon.

And no, I don't bother with any MMO for I consider all of them shit, and considering you're a Derpbro 3 sheeple and therefore a supporter of the decline I think I'll delay updating this thread on purpose just to piss you off.

:troll:

Black

Arcane
You really wouldn't consider even Ultima Online?
Damn, that's cold.

The_scorpion

Liturgist
There is so little left, I don't want for it to end so soon.

so little left? last time i checked your strategy map, there's still some enemy occupied sectors that you can conquer...

also in before "mission accomplished" joke

Corvinus

Arcane
We must have more! I want to know how it ends. Only two stone-cold-auftrag-killers left now. So many fng's (and they lack staying power, too, not like the original KKK :salute:)! Bloody brilliant LP, this.

Furthermore, I can only hope that Deirdranna's end will be aptly non-consensual, but tastefully executed.
9547.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
There is likely only one more update left after this one.

=================================

a-team-tank.jpg

ARMored Assault

1iidg.jpg

This will be done quick and quietly, and militias serve only as fodder in offensives, as always. Now that the Kodex Kool Krew, at the cost of two brave mercenaries, wiped out most of the reinforcements, it shouldn't be much difficult, although the enemy is likely to be more willing to stay in defensive positions rather than try a charge.

JTvLf.jpg

2:1 , odds that strongly favor the mercenaries of the EXTREME squad because they are worth at least 5 redshirts each. This is the last sector before the Meduna Palace itself. The final battle draws near.

Not forgetting the very relevant detail they are arriving by tank, and the even more important detail the tank has only one round left and thus not worth the bother. And they are better off stealthly killing their foes anyways, or at least stealthy by EXTREME standards of an army being unaware of where that mortar that wiped out half of a platoon came from.

fIL1A.jpg

The squad advances very cautiously and patiently awaits for any unaware enemy to be spotted at first.

Ira shoots one that hid behind their tank but misses. They know they are here but this time they seem wiser than to go in a full frontal assault against the mercenaries. They are biding their time, forcing them to make the first move.

KX8ck.jpg

While slowly advancing the team spots one of them. Bubba kills him between his herps and derps.

Bt8rq.jpg

Another foolishly gives himself in, only to be severely wounded.

A1ZQh.jpg

And Bubba HURR PRETTY LIGHTS EXPLOSHUN AWESOME on to finish this "elite" soldier.

M8sls.jpg

One cannot ever hope to manage to backstab or outflank someone who got Lithuanian hitmen as neighbors.

L1m7w.jpg

Brain can hear him and is ready to kill another one.

Wzhvq.jpg

Next time try it against a typical Kwanstain like Bubba. Bubba will probably kill the redshirt too despite all the durr.

7QKu3.jpg

Ira, being the stealthiest of the group, goes ahead as a scout, and spots an enemy having little time left to react. She quickly draws her pistol and shoots accuratedly, harming the enemy enough to prevent her demise.

HVrkO.jpg

Then it's trivial.

30fgm.jpg

Too bad about the stores, for there will be little time for shopping tomorrow because Deirdranna will never see the sunrise as the mission will be accomplished well before it.

Slowly they advance through the plants between the luxurious stores, always ready for the first signs of movement.

bCGyZ.jpg

Ira finds a fool trying to spot something from a window without good enough night vision goggles. His mistake is paid with death.

nfDNl.jpg

Shortly after another fool goes to the same window to check what is happening.

Better to tread carefully from now on. There is a defensive emplacement just ahead to the southeast, and spotting whoever could be there first is crucial.

eOjRq.jpg

Hiding behind a bush, Ira spots another one.

it4mo.jpg

Her stealth skills are the reason of her success this far in this EXTREME squadron. Add to that the important detail her rifle is the only with a suppressor.

Then she turns to the right, just in case there are more enemies at the windows.

R4NuB.jpg

She finds one, but he is crouched and hitting him from this position will be very unlikely. It is time for the EXTREME Squadron to do what they do best:

iFctZ.jpg

They miss this enemy, but in their EXTREME an entire section of the wall of the house where they hid was torn open.

J2PkL.jpg

And the fool ran towards the hole.

Ira continued to scout ahead...

yFCwl.jpg

SNIPER! Ira ran towards the darkness and then to the sandbags.

WEgcQ.jpg

An idiot tried to stop her with smoke grenades. He did not live long enough to regret such stupidity. She continued the hunt, to another emplacement west of there.

fYRi3.jpg

There aren't many of them left now. Ira decided to do it on her own, not trusting the ability of the others of being stealthy enough to do this the right way.

KH3Dg.jpg

Then she found something that was too much for her to handle. That is what the EXTREME Squadron is here for.

Brain already got the coordinates.

CnYAG.jpg

The rich and decadent aristocracy of Meduna will all wake up to the Shells in the Night again. The end of Deirdranna's regime is nigh.

There is one left, and Maddog has an idea he could not ignore.

iLJn2.jpg

There is one emplacement they didn't check. Why bother trying to spot the soldier inside it when you can just blow it up for the sake of it?

KhLrh.jpg

The screams confirm it, and now Maddog advances to finish the job.

SgNPi.jpg

Maddog is truly a fucking MAD DOG. The last of them stands no chance.

E46LR.jpg

All Sectors of Meduna other than the Palace itself are cleared!

aeC5y.jpg

The time is coming. In preparation, Dynamo improvised a rod and spring and installed it in Ira's rifle.

This is the end of Deidranna's Reign of Terror!

Corvinus

Arcane
Seems like the game is up for the queen. Can't wait 'til Ulminati and Black does something tasteful to her.

Corvinus

Arcane
I should have known. What about a Commander Shepard XTR3M3 style pistol execution, then? You know you want to!

shepard1.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom