Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Lets Play the latest Jagged Alliance 2 1.13

LP it with HAM 5.0 Alpha at the risk of game-crashing bugs?

• Yes, better enemy AI and tougher to-hit chance spread patterns, come on!

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Wait until HAM 5.0 is fully released to start this LP

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, I want a finished JA2 LP and I want it now.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • kingpincomrade

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
*high voice* Cassiidyyyyyyyy the latest Jagged Alliance is here~~~

casschan.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
I don't bother with games that I'll only play after hell freezes over and ITZ happens, or more specifically: NEVER!

That includes Battleshit 3 sheeple! GO FUCK A DOG CONSOLETARD

Black

Arcane
If the east sam site is next, what after that? I mean, of the bigger targets. Alma?

SoupNazi

Good update. By the way, wearing gas masks permanently is pointless; in fact, it dampens merc performance (lowers sight distance iirc, or cone of view - or both). Much better to keep it as a helmet attachment and only use it when gas grenades are used.

Black

Arcane
Good update. By the way, wearing gas masks permanently is pointless; in fact, it dampens merc performance (lowers sight distance iirc, or cone of view - or both). Much better to keep it as a helmet attachment and only use it when gas grenades are used.
Gas masks do nothing absolutely nothing, but wearing night vision goggles during the day (or sunglasses during the night) reduces your vision.

Cassidy

Arcane
54110.jpg

Clear Skies

Dead soldier's waltz

WUKiW.jpg

Under the cover of night, they lauch their attack against the enemy forces defending that SAM Site. Once it is cleared, they'll have full air dominance over a wide are to the northeast of Arulco, allowing them rapid deployment in this region.

RkB6q.jpg

It begins. Ulminati quickly and quietly puts down the first of the enemy patrols. It is expected most of them will be inside, which is even better as if they are dumb enough to not stay on the defensive and take cover to force the team to come for them first, they will all get into that chokepoint.

pcv1c.jpg

Azira puts down another one with his suppressed C7A2. At this point, they'll likely be drawn to the action because although suppressed and fitted with subsonic ammunition, that assault rifle is still quite noisy.

WP9NF.jpg

Nathan_Explosion.jpg

METAL

Yeah that sounds like a perfect cameo for "Nails".

ICl43.jpg

Orgasm takes a position ahead, and slowly the others also crawl to meet their coming foes.

jQIsS.jpg

Alone she takes down two foes.

yPPiP.jpg

While Ulminati puts another one to rest.

6mGSU.jpg

And instead of hiding and taking cover behind the SAM launchers they just kept blindly charging! Compared to the insane battle of Drassen this is like a piece of cake.

CbxVo.jpg

And thus everything was moving to a positive conclusion.

DEMVJ.jpg

Because it seems the idea of using wire cutters to flank the six mercenaries or of holding well defended positions to ambush the team is too complex for them.

X8Gb2.jpg

Or at least most of them, as some were smart enough to let the Kodex Kool Krew come at them.

BGCi3.jpg

But they were still redshirts. And you know what happens to redshirts.

l8m1v.jpg

A textbook operation. No sweat and no real danger.

S1JNS.jpg

Everything went as planned and now Skyrider can take them to a much wider range of locations, and newly recruited mercenaries may be airdropped straight at Drassen, two very important strategic achievements.Going by chopper will allow them to bypass ground patrols and reach straight for the cities, or whichever city is not covered by the remaining Deirdranna's SAM sites.

pgNTe.jpg

Which means more bitchslap and a possible counter-strike incoming.

Poor Elliot.

Of course, to ensure they won't have to return there, they train 20 regular militias to defend the SAM site in a 24/7 schedule: when Azira and Bee were too tired others resumed the training.

6pPBC.jpg

Once it is completed, they head back to the Drassen Airport, as Skyrider will be needed soon. Cambria is close, but beyond the safe areas. The only city which has sectors of it unprotected by the remaining SAMs is Alma, but there is one big con in attacking it first than Cambria: Alma is a military hub in Arulco, and thus its defenders will be far more well trained and equipped than usual. Securing it will be harder than securing Cambria, but it will also have possibly some really good gear to be seized. Speed and high risk vs. slower advance and lower risk? Which is better and why?

o5b1z.jpg

While on their way, Skyrider informs he found out very important strategic information.

FhnTj.jpg

All remaining SAM sites are far away. Cambria is near one of them but still, some 7x scopes, sniper suppressors and bigger and better guns would be welcome and the KKK is not made of pussies.

hNr0I.jpg

rambo.jpg

Fuck Cambria! Only pussies need clean and tidy hospital to clean bullet wounds! We are going to strike right at their C&C because we can!

Yeesh

Magister
:love:
Also,
Compared to the insane battle of Drassen this is like a piece of cake.
Yeah, that's the problem with that stupid, stupid counter attack. I mean I know it's fun, but the entire rest of the game is like a piece of cake now. 6 IMPs doesn't hurt either. I suggest a beeline straight for the queen to shake things up a bit.

Cassidy

Arcane
:love:
[...]
Yeah, that's the problem with that stupid, stupid counter attack. I mean I know it's fun, but the entire rest of the game is like a piece of cake now. 6 IMPs doesn't hurt either. I suggest a beeline straight for the queen to shake things up a bit.

:bro:

Considering the most lulz of all NPCs (Calvin Barkmore) was already shown, you just gave me a great idea. There is nothing particularly impressive to show in Cambria, that Industrial town or in Balime. Therefore it will be Alma - > getting the Humvee - > -secret- -> Central SAM site - > Junkyard as new Helicopter base -> infiltration to Meduna SAM site - > finish the job.

Black

Arcane
Alma is the only good answer, maybe we'll see some casualties on our side!

Majestic47

Learned
....i'm fucking disappointed yet excited you abandoned tactical decisions for cool epic efficiency.
Rock on, Commander.

Cassidy

Arcane
Sorry bros I was spending so much time in GD that I forgot to update this yesterday.

Coming up soon.

pipka

Savant
The maker of gas mask mod/tweak/whatever is a faggot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom