Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Lets Play the latest Jagged Alliance 2 1.13

LP it with HAM 5.0 Alpha at the risk of game-crashing bugs?

• Yes, better enemy AI and tougher to-hit chance spread patterns, come on!

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Wait until HAM 5.0 is fully released to start this LP

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, I want a finished JA2 LP and I want it now.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • kingpincomrade

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Cassidy

Arcane
Op is stalling til the new version of the mod is out.

Not really.

Next update will feature that thing you're most waiting for. It's sort of obvious what this update is about.
====

This is all like that thing Calvin was talking about

KHRF9.jpg

Do I need to show how this battle ended?

Wmp0e.jpg

Time to put an end to such a Sweatshop. But first they decided to have some drinks.

DdpC0.jpg

album_pic5.jpg

Herve? Hey! It's so obvious now!

:M

d0hHv.jpg

This place is inhuman. Femshep wanted to just collar grab the manager but Azira diplomacy went first.

yWHqh.jpg

And it worked better than EXTREME methods.

XFAgY.jpg

While they taught the art of war to the recently liberated parts of the town, news came of a very tough battle in Chitzena. Soon they'll have to return there to train more militia as they numbers now have truly dwindled.

And when the time was right:

4IGnb.jpg

Surprise will be their only advantage. The enemies will most likely be packing some really powerful weaponry, thus maximum caution is advised.

kXGnM.jpg

It doesn't take long for the battle to begin.

INRol.jpg

Bee, Ulminati, Femshep and Azira become the primary killers, Black and Orgasm are given the noble duty of watching their flanks.

0R6gH.jpg

Several of them advance blindly towards the team, and EXTREME Femshep puts them down with a grenade.

Mvy8I.jpg

With an ACOG 4x, Femshep is having a field day too.

Then, although Orgasm was covering their right flank, a crazed machinegunner lays suppressive fire towards what he assumed to be the position of their attackers before she could spot him.

mIwtq.jpg

This blind firing nevertheless provoked a deadly result. Azira unluckily was slaughtered. A very important element in the team, the first casualty. A man whom all of them owe their lives. A man who shall never be forgotten.

RIP Azira

:salute:

YIGye.jpg

Into the killing zone
Prepared to die
Fearful technology
Faceless mercenary
Merchant of war
With no conscience
Darkness all you see
Dying hard your believe

SVH6n.jpg

Purchased soul
To the highest price
No thoughts of anguish
Cheapness of life
Freelance veteran
Ask no forgiveness
No tears, no regrets
Mission completed

gSt55.jpg

No innocence, the world bleeds, now march onward.

8tu0v.jpg

Everything is going quite well for the effort of liberating Arulco, in spite of a recent casualty.

wj4e4.jpg

Once more unto the breach, a RaginAZN comes as a "replacement" for Azira. While he is still to arrive, Ira will be the sixth member of the squad.

Funny but this build is like a superior version of Fox.

And then, a bad omen:

yrXqC.jpg

Calvin Barkmore. Familiar, no?

C6sDS.jpg

Man, titanium bones are cheating! No surprise you broke all records!

:M

MBUeu.jpg

If this was Fallout I'd type ITZ in the "Tell me about" of this NPC.

386er.jpg

commie Black gives his opinion about Cleve Blakemore Calvin Barkmore.

Nxw6c.jpg

:roll:

X4YuE.jpg

And after this, they decide to leave the grumbling madman to his own. At least they didn't hear anything about eating baby meat in cutted underwear, machete rape gangs and ULTIMATE DOOM EXPANSION SET FOR KWANZANIA.

Nevertherless, they had a shivering feeling after meeting this guy. A feeling that something really bad would soon happen.

dCMjG.jpg

Thus, they wouldn't take any chances, and began to raise an army to defend Drassen.

ITZ COMING !

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Wow, I never knew one could argue with Doreen and even make her shutting that thing down. You never know...

Also, Mr. Blakemore is always hilarious - a bit bad though that you get that guy right in the first "serious" town you conquer. :smug:

PorkaMorka

Arcane
When you created a 7th IMP to replace the dead IMP, did the replacement IMP get double starting equipment?

Cassidy

Arcane
When you created a 7th IMP to replace the dead IMP, did the replacement IMP get double starting equipment?

As far as I can remember, no.

Starting equipment is crap compared to what they got from killed soldiers, anyway.

Also, since the latest update, the Enemy check adjacent sector after it was attacked option was disabled because it was too lamely implemented.

Majestic47

Learned
....Chances of surviving this shit is slim. I personally say fuck it and backed off till I gain access to grenade launchers or mortars to clear the hordes of red shirts.
Good Luck Commander, you're going to need it.

Spam grenades if you can, though. This is why drop all is an equalizer or sort. Pop a mole or not, there's plenty of frags for bodies.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Then, although Orgasm was covering their right flank, a crazed machinegunner lays suppressive fire towards what he assumed to be the position of their attackers before she could spot him.

mIwtq.jpg

This blind firing nevertheless provoked a deadly result. Azira unluckily was slaughtered. A very important element in the team, the first casualty. A man whom all of them owe their lives. A man who shall never be forgotten.

RIP Azira

star-wars-phantom-menace-obi-wan-3d-no.jpg

Well, at least I did some gasmask diplomacy before Orgasm let me get killed..

Majestic47

Learned
"Well, at least I did some gasmask diplomacy before Orgasm let me get killed.."

When you take this out of context and put it on your sig, it makes quite an interesting mental image.

Cassidy

Arcane
....Chances of surviving this shit is slim. I personally say fuck it and backed off till I gain access to grenade launchers or mortars to clear the hordes of red shirts.
Good Luck Commander, you're going to need it.

I'm already getting away cheaply from relying only on volunteer local guerrillas and IMP mercs. Therefore I'll take Drassen no matter the cost. As it is said, and spoiling obviously something obvious about the coming update:

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Cassidy

Arcane
154wx1g.jpg

The Drassen Massacre

Powder Burns

NBHCW.jpg

Two Manurhin revolvers are bought for RaginAZN. Although not as fast, they support 2x scopes and because in John Who case they will be more than just sidearms, this is useful and from the available pistols they are the fastest firing ones that support a scope.

KBfrV.jpg

To answer that doubt: yes, inventory was weirdly duplicated. No big deal.

ymJwB.jpg

Ira gets the priest to support Miguel's revolutionary efforts by sending aid to Omerta.

QeF7G.jpg

Suddenly, while they continued training militias, several mass formations of enemy troops were sported slowly gathering around the mine of Drassen. ITZ COMIN'. No more time left. The team begins to regroup to defend the mines.

Taking some the best defensive positions, they know this will be the hardest battle they ever fought, for the legions of Deirdranna forces are numbered in almost a hundred, those militias can't be counted upon to operate successfully and they are only six.

Kodex Kool Krew finest hour has begun.

Rnyt7.jpg

Orgasm is the first to thin the massive numbers of enemy forces.

Pd1gI.jpg

Bee is sniping more of them. Unfortunately their legions span all around their position and outnumber the mercenaries at nearly 15:1

sWmq2.jpg

Casualties are mounting up quickly among the tactically ignorant militia.

kGJhO.jpg

Orgasm ends in a tight situation, but she knew the risks. Both her and Black are the most endangered of the team, the ones who took the choice of putting themselves closer to harm's way.

CEG9X.jpg

Black is not a sniper, and a shotgun isn't supposed to be that accurate, but his skills are starting to match those of Ulminati and Bee.

jEGna.jpg

Ira's first battle proves she is capable in spite of not being as good as the others in the team.

O7cO9.jpg

All sides are covered, but with their numbers, the enemies can easily overwhelm the brave mercenaries if they try hard enough.

zCGhl.jpg

In fact, one of them nearly gets at point-blank range to Black while their numbers only grow to something completely beyond what the mercenaries could handle. The gravity of the situation worsens, but:

4t3Ox.jpg

Injected
Straight to the core
C.N. system bypassed
Ready for war
Targets now hostile
Pushed to the edge
These colours have borne - No retreat
Honour the pledge

p8Hic.jpg

From a window that exposed her flank, Orgasm's death becomes an omen of how dire their situation has become. She has served the cause greatly, and shall never be forgotten.

kMF85.jpg

Black, in the meanwhile, proves how tough or perhaps lucky he is. Although multiple foes are close to him, they fail over and over at their attempts to put him down, and he withstand such situation that would lead many weaker to panic with utmost courage and die hard determination.

3LYZI.jpg

Countless enemy bodies are left. They will drown in their own blood. For every Kodexer killed ten of them shall perish!

r5iwn.jpg

Bee's performance becomes legendary during this battle, while the situation continues to worsen as the legions gather.

KAQHC.jpg

Ira is covering their west point quite well for a rookie.

AB4kI.jpg

Then, an opportunistic sniper manages to outdo Bee, causing another terrible loss for the team. The situation is now becoming almost unmanageable, but no retreat shall happen while so many enemies lie from all directions. Even if they have to retreat, they will have to clear their way to safety first.

As for Bee, we shall never forget one of the greatest snipers to ever grace this operation.

Iwxxp.jpg

There is nowhere to hide! Even prone on the middle of rooftops they are vulnerable. Only Ira is still unscathed in this growingly desperate struggle.

PyrsL.jpg

The legions may end victorious in this battle, but they will pay a very high price with their blood.

LERX8.jpg

TRAGEDY! Femshep EXTREME has abandoned her when most needed! The situation couldn't be worse, but they don't simply lay down their heads and give up! They are greater than that! Even in his exposed position, the most exposed one from the entire team, Black continues to bravely engage enemy forces.

Femshep:

v5b1E.jpg

The battle rages on. The militia are failing epically and dying much faster than the mercenaries, and the enemy forces seem to never end no matter how many casualties they suffer.

bo8Iz.jpg

Men of limitless courage are never intimidated. Their bravery shall perhaps one day be sung by the folklore of the people of Arulco.

VrZu2.jpg

The enemy, on the other hand, has lost nearly half of their invading force already, but they are too numberful for the survivors, resigned to fight to the death.

T2G4b.jpg

Then another opportunistic sniper managed to pin down Ira while she was prone on the rooftop. Her life was forfeit, for Ulminati couldn't risk to climb up there to provide first aid.

DKdiR.jpg

Ira fought for freedom and dignity for a foreign and oppressed people, being alone the true example of a freedom fighter, the same thing theKwa government propaganda bullshit claims their entire army are while slaughtering outnumbered and technologically inferior raghead armies to steal their oil and set up a more submissive dictatorship.

Wp1we.jpg

With only Black and Ulminati left, they choose to go to that windowless bar to make their last stand.

1Gf0i.jpg

Try to run - You cannot hide
Thoughts that cannot be denied
Pain that never goes away
...The powder burns

However, only Black made it through. While the last militias were being slaughtered by better trained and equipped forces, Black was applying first aid on himself.

Ulminati, the greatest sniper. A great fighter who couldn't withstand such numberful enemy forces. Never forget.

BgvyK.jpg

Onward
No compromise
Proceeding ritual
Fear denied
Hopped up on dreamdust
Burns in the brain
Psychological technique
Invincible - No pain

And thus, hearing the waning gunfight sounds as one side was clearly about to win the battle, Black awaited a few seconds for a foe that never came, and then, in a moment of wisdom, he realized it was better to live to fight another day, and although extremely risky, he moved onward to reach the safety of the sector of Drassen to his north.

Taking an energy boost, he managed to run fast enough to avoid getting shot.

Lbc1x.jpg

Black thus ended as the only survivor of the Kodex Kool Krew after the Massacre of Drassen. Leaving behind 55 enemy soldiers, he wasted no time as the remaining militiamen met him, and began to, in what seemed now a futile effort, train more militia, on his own.

Although at the beginning of the battle he was deemed the one most likely to die first, ironically he became the only one to live through it. And he will not turn his back on Drassen.

Let us never forget our martyrs:

0oC2G.jpg

Bee, second highest kill count before her demise in the battle of Drassen.

tyFYQ.jpg

Femshep, who provoked a disproportionate amount of casualties during the battle of Drassen, but failed to make it through.

4EWcd.jpg

Orgasm's courage and initiative of positioning herself in harm's way to kill as many enemies as she could won't be ignored due to her relatively small kill count compared to the snipers.

gjo6K.jpg

Ira's first serious and last battle will most likely mean that, hopefully, in the future, a hospital or school shall be named in honor of her ultimate sacrifice for the cause of freedom.

The battle was lost, but the war wasn't over yet. Thanks to reserve funds, once more unto the breach, my friends!

FGNXj.jpg

SoupNazi brings a set of exotic skills as one of the new recruits. Whether or not his martial artist abilities will be either useless or downright suicidal if tried is yet to be seen.

dgeZS.jpg

Elizavieta "Flayer" Bathory is not the kind of woman you should invite for a private meeting. A master of swordplay, she has learned the art of hunting... human beings.

mFq7V.jpg

Rebecca Boreale, daughter of Indrick Boreale, has inherited his father courage and charisma to lead SPEESH MAHREEHNS IN METAL BAWKSES. Unfortunately her father couldn't come(3 male, 3 female/tranny only) thus she went in as a replacement. On her free time she has a hobby of composing and singing some really shitty songs made even shittier by her speech impediment.

iuolZ.jpg

And finally, Femshep's spiritual successor is less specialized in only machineguns, thinks mechanics is for nerds and isn't as good with explosives, but compensates with athletic mastery of collar-grabbing and a great skill with EXTREME big guns.

Together with Black and RaginAZN, they shall soon finish what the brave Kodex Kool Krew started in Drassen, in memory of all who gave their lives for the cause.

And this time, they shall succeed.

May those who made the ultimate sacrifice for freeing Arulco never be forgotten.

The recruitment pool already ran out dry, so new characters are more than welcome.

SoupNazi

inb4 SoupNazi dies the first attempt at beating up an enemy. In any case; CARRY ON! Massive :incline: in this update.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Very good update, enjoyed reading! To be honest, I expected much less casualties on the enemy side, good job taking out 55 of these fuckers with such a small team. :salute:

Ashery

Prophet
Since you're clearly going to need more replacements :smug:

Name/Nick: Ashery
Portrait:
VhQyg.jpg

Trait: Aggressive
Disability: Claustrophobic
Major: Auto weapons
Minors: Stealthy, Scouting
Stats: 0 Leadership, 35 Mech/Med/Exp, 75 Str, max the rest.

Binoculars during the day, quiet forward spotter during the night, ideally with a silenced SMG should I need to fire at all during a night mission. Hell, drop auto-weapons altogether and give'em night ops if you want to go all out spotter.

Majestic47

Learned
JA2_With_HAM_3PORT1.jpg

Jam L Saxon
Codename EXTREME
Trait Aggressive
Weakness Claustrophic (Mothafucking planes and snakes)
Skill Picks: Auto & Throwing
Stats: Just make sure he has high Marksman, Str, Agi and Dex. 35 medic to self bandage perhaps.

Grenade thrower and action hero.

Ashery

Prophet
Oddly enough, throwing only affects throwing knives. The demolition minor skill appears to be the only thing that affects grenades. Heavy weapons bumps up grenade launchers and the overall damage of heavy weapons, but the only mention of grenades is when attacking tanks.

Majestic47

Learned
wtf? u sure about that? I thought they were supposed to increase throwing distance?

Ashery

Prophet
Throwing:
-20% basic APs needed two throw blades
+15% max range when throwing blades
+25% chance to hit when throwing blades
+5% chance to hit per aim click when throwing blades
+15% damage when throwing blades
+10% damage per aim click when throwing blades
+20% chance to inflict a critical hit with throwing blades if not seen or heard
+1 critical hit modifier with throwing blades
Adds one more aim click for throwing blades

Demolitions:
-25% APs needed to throw grenades
+20% max range when throwing grenades
+30% chance to hit when throwing grenades
+25% damage of set bombs and mines
+50% to attaching detonators check
+50% to planting/removing bombs check
Decreases chance enemy will detect your bombs and mines (+5 bomb level)
Increases chance shaped charge will open doors (3x damage multiplier)

Should be everything.

Majestic47

Learned
I recommend we attack the hospital city instead, after bringing in Dimitri. It's the only tactically logical choice at this point.

Black2

Novice
Dayum, what a slaughter. And so many good teammates lost only to be replaced by some popamole rookies :rpgcodex:
Oh, well, at least I live, for now, I'll have to show them how it's done.

SoupNazi

It would be interesting if the people with their mercs in could PM Cassidy with some small orders for their characters... like cutting Black's neck, for example :smug:

Black2

Novice
You better make yourself useful and repair our stuff when needed, the rest of us will do what real men do- shoot from behind cover.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom