Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play: Superpower 2

L'ennui

Magister
Kane_CNC3_1156357646.jpg

Greetings, beautiful mutants.

ITT we will conquer the modern world.

For those of you who do not know about it, Superpower 2 is a grand strategy game set in the 2000's in which you take the helm of basically any country in the world and then try to steer it to whatever end. Think Supreme Ruler 2020, except with less micro and actually fun.

The game unfolds in real time, with multiple speeds available and of course a pause option for when the shit hits the fan. It always does.

Now, because I'm such a democrat at heart, I've chosen to let you vote on which country we will be taking into it's new Codex-fuelled golden age. In times of EXXXTREME choices and consequences, you will also be called on to do your civic duty and vote on the best course of action.

Regarding the country we'll pick; I'm pretty open about it. I will however not accept military superpowers such as the US or Russia, since playing these tends to make the game too easy unless you are playing at a GD-worthy level of retardedness. This game is best enjoyed when you pick a minor power (or some third world shithole, if you feel like a challenge or many lulz) and gradually start pulling your weight on the world stage. When suggesting a country, feel free to include what you think would be a good short-term goal to start off our glorious Codexian republic.

Our goal during this game will simply be world domination. The country we choose will dictate our short and medium term objectives, but long term strategic goal will be annexation of the planet and the advent of a united Earth (directorate lololol SC2 sucks). This may well take a few centuries of ingame time, depending on what nation we choose, but we will prevail.

Discuss!! (Or rather, suggest countries. Country with the most vote by approximately 10 hours from now will be the lucky Chosen One.)

And now some screenshots, to wet your appetite:
Superpower2.jpg

superpower-2-20041026010548984-000.jpg

00094975-photo-superpower-2.jpg

superpower_2-17.jpg

superpower2-04.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Clearly you want to lead the military might of Denmark to take over the entirety of europe and deliver bacon to all.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
We shall lead the glorious nation of Germania to victory!
First short term goal: free Poland :salute:

Peace through power!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I remember playing it as Poland and getting 120000$ GDP per capita and developing nuclear weapons to finally obliterate China. Seemed very buggy and unpolished...

lightbane

Arcane
Just to troll and for the lulz, I vote for Israel if that's an option.

Cassidy

Arcane
lightbane said:
Just to troll and for the lulz, I vote for Israel if that's an option.

155021-bobbykotick.jpg

:thumbsup:

Besides, you'll have huge amounts of Jewgold to fund the final stage of the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion.

kazgar

Arcane
chad

actually, east timor!

or how about the vatican, those swiss guard should be tough?

victor chavez and his Venezuelan oil minions.

so many non usual options, if the atlas is up to it.

edit: more crap.

L'ennui

Magister
Yeah, all the suggestions so far are present in the game.

Total tally so far indicates Israel will finally fulfill it's manifest destiny of pwning Arabs and eclipsing the Third Reich, as it is obviously trying to do.

Unless the situation is reversed overnight (I'm going to sleep), I'll start the game as Israel, probably tomorrow evening unless RL offers me more worthy timesinks.

Malakal said:
I remember playing it as Poland and getting 120000$ GDP per capita and developing nuclear weapons to finally obliterate China. Seemed very buggy and unpolished...

Yeah, game out of the box was very buggy and allowed some truly silly stuff to happen. I've got it patched and modded, it's much less inane now, although it still allows you to do some whacky shit if you put some thought into it... but that's the magic of the game. Conquering South Korea and the South East Pacific and Japan (in that order) as North Korea is not something that would likely be feasible in the real world, but given a few decades of war preparations (and some VERY crafty diplomacy and covert ops to dissasemble alliances) it can be pulled off here.

And now for the dreaded Israeli PMS Jewmandos:

idfwomen.jpg

israeli-idf-babe-4.jpg

israeli-idf-babe-3.jpg

ayalon-israel.jpg

says it best: These bitches will fuck you up so bad, you'll get postraumatic stress syndrome just looking at your momma. Don't fuck with us.

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Clearly People Republic of Korea!
Bring Freedom to the foul Capitalist Swine!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
North Korea is Best Korea. Play it and spread communism (true communism) to all Asians. They deserve it.

ElectricOtter

Voting North Korea, now get on that damn update

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom