Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Let's play SMA!

lightbane

Arcane
I liked how not-Rei said that even in this era speeches take too long. Nice jab at wapanese retarded villains :lol:

Too bad it immediately ruined the moment by having the bad guy asspull an infinite number of clones/brothers/whatever, thus making the previous battle and your efforts meaningless :x
Doesn't matter, following anime and Super Robot Wars tradition, we'll fight the entire galaxy if we have to and we'll win by virtue of sheer bodycount. And then, after everyone is dead, the main character will make an awkward comment about the nature of war and his hatred of fighting and other things that would make more sense if the protagonist wasn't a complete mass murderer.

omega21

Arcane
I genuinely like how this game gets into the backstories of the girls, although I'm not sure whether this is par for the course for VNs. Nonetheless, for every time it impresses me it drops a huge turd out of its asshole.

Still pretty funny though

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
01.jpg

Sizzles and sparks fill the bridge as the Sunrider engine finally gave out.
We're sitting ducks. But no shots are fired yet.
I almost wanted to shoot the view-screen in disgust as I watched not one, not two, but five smug looking faces of my nemesis staring back at me. We should've won. I gambled everything. Even...Ava and yet...

02.jpg

rk.jpg
What the hell are you?
and.jpg
You will never comprehend us, mortal. Our power is limitless and whoever stands in our way shall fall before our inanities. Fall into despair, Captain. For you have finally lost everything. This, we have foreseen. Avail yourselves. Cease your struggle. Or fight. Or beg. If you wish you to amuse us further. It makes no difference.

Cutting the comms now would accomplish nothing. I'd love to beat this asshole in an argument before I go down.

rk4.jpg
Spare me your inane arguments. I'll kill all five of you. Tens. Dozens. Hundreds. If I had to. So what if you survive? We'll fight you again and again. The Alliance have more ships! And they'll never stop coming till PACT is destroyed.
and.jpg
Ah, but we are above PACT. Dear Captain, it is a pity you have only but one life to spare. And just one ship to carry your ambitions. Unlike us. Have you seen the pitiful state of your beloved ship?
02a.jpg

rk4.jpg
Ensign, can you move this thing?

The rookie helmsman gave a few half-hearted keypress on the console before shaking his head in resignation.
This is it.
I've... miscalculated.
I've upgraded Sunrider in a gambit to take out the Legion.
And now...I might've lost the ship... and...

246.jpg

rk5.jpg
Do whatever you want, asshole. All hands, prepare to abandon ship. Send message to all ryders to regroup with Alliance Carriers.
and.jpg
Running away?
rk5.jpg
No. I'm staying here. I've... achieved all I could. I blew up your ship. Like I promised. Even killed your twin. I - even... met the love of my life. But it was all ... for naught. I have... nothing left.
and.jpg
We appreciate the acceptance of your fate, Captain. Die with dignity.
03.jpg

rk4.jpg
Asaga! Don't do anything rash! Take your squad to retreat and regroup with the Alliance!
ica.jpg
Like hell, Turbodweeb! You think we'll stand aside and let you and goddamn ship take all the credit in this battle?!
rk4.jpg
Icari! This is insane!
chi.jpg
Captain. I've already made my promise. I will always be your shield. We'll win this fight for you.
rk5.jpg
Thank you, Chigara. For everything.
kry.jpg
Captain, it's too early to give up. Three Machiavelli-Class Battleships and two Alliance Cruisers have formed under our wing. We're going to wipe out their fleet. Wish us luck, Sir.
rk4.jpg
Don't be stupid! I didn't upgrade your ryders much! You can't possibly win this without the Sunrider!
cla.jpg
Captain, Claude still wubs you~
rk5.jpg
Ugh.
cla.jpg
When I make it back, show me where it hurts okay? Claude will make it all better...
rk5.jpg
You're all... idiots!
sol3.jpg
Captain. Those tears do not suit you.
and.jpg
My, my how touching. Another attempt to engage the emotions of your audience, Steve? Making up fictional things in a fictional world. Why, perhaps that is how you endure so much inanity in the real world by immersing yourself in make-believes and pretending that it matters - well guess what, loser. *We* have beaten you. Utterly.
asa.jpg
Silence! Your enemy is us, foul one!
and.jpg
Ha. Ha. Ha. You're just a little girl. In fact, I think out of the rest of the ryders, he did not even bother to upgrade yours the most. No amount of calibrations will make Blackjack even matter in any engagements. *We* know this. Is this not true, Captain?
rk5.jpg
...it is...as he said. I- I'm sorry, Asaga.
asa.jpg
The Captain I know and admire will never ever give up.

Her voice... it's... so strong.

asa.jpg
I know I am not as reliable as the Commander... and I'm not as smart as Chigara. But rest assured, *I* am the one who will seize victory in this battle!

More bravado. I should've taught her better. A little bit of pragmatism might've saved her from this suicide run.
But she needs my support more than anything. Especially now. And I'm not gonna send her off with a defeated look.

rk4.jpg
Go get them, Princess. Show them, the meaning of Justice.
asa.jpg
Watch me shine, Captain. All units, form on me. We are going to attack the enemy!
and.jpg
Who the bloody hell do you think you are, little girl? Taking command against *US*?! We'll make sure to capture you alive and desecrate you before your fallen people!
asa2.jpg
So you remember who I am...
rk5.jpg
...! Asaga?!
sol3.jpg
The legitimate bloodline of Ryuvian throne...
04.jpg

05.jpg

asa2.jpg
ARCADIUS! You'll pay for what you did to my father!
07.jpg

rk3.jpg
You're in for it now, Andhaira.
and.jpg
Bring it! We are not afraid!
rk4.jpg
ASAGA! KICK HIS ASS!
asa2.jpg
Yes, Captain!
06.jpg

My war is nearly over.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gotta love the hair swaying in the wind in the fucking space. Makes you feel tha DRAMA of the moment. :salute:

Also, 8 ryders? Alkeides, I am disappoint. That's not what a 'legion' means.

So, is this the GRAND FINALE? Or is there more?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Maybe, but they give you three BB's in exchange which can seriously duke it out.

RK47

Patron
Can you not shoot at it? Then you would die.
The decision in visual novel part, not mission.

Not shooting it would mean you have no balls to sacrifice a mere woman for the destruction of the battleship that is solely responsible for the destruction of countless words and millions of lives, not to mention billions of war assets.

In comparison, what price a woman?

Ava was right. There was no place for feelings in the battlefield.

omega21

Arcane
Speaking of that.

246.jpg

What the fuck is happening here, she started spontaneously bleeding because she used strength? I don't think this is how muscles work. lah.

this fucking game, man, I should play it drunk or something

RK47

Patron
Explosions.
Also emotional engagement.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I like your 180 degree turn on Ava that you pick the Renegade option when you've been going Paragon most of the game.

Guess that pity fuck broke you.

RK47

Patron
I like your 180 degree turn on Ava that you pick the Renegade option when you've been going Paragon most of the game.

Guess that pity fuck broke you.

No.

The Captain is more immature than I thought if he thinks sparing his childhood sweetheart is going to mean anything at all in this war.
It's bad enough he joined the military for the sake of being with her but now the whole burden of winning this war is on his shoulder, and he decides to chicken out at the last minute?

Yeah that would make a great ending, right?

No. That doesn't happen. If he's that much of a coward in the first place, he wouldn't have thrown Sunrider into countless risky missions again and again.
Ava did her duty. *salute*
Well done, Commander. :salute:
You were always my number one.

140619-135159.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom