Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Skyrim: Anders Breivik Victorious

Admiral jimbob said:
I feel bad at how awful a light I showed the game in - this questline feels like it was phoned in by a third-rate modder compared to the rest of the content

But 99% of quests in this game are similar to this questline.

Except
Murder in Windhelm, Forsworn investigation in Markarth and Sanguine's Witcher 2 drunk quest's bad imitation
every quest was either dull generic dungeon crawl which ended in killing strong draugr for quest item at the end, or going to the fort/ruin and slaughtering everyone there and reporting back.

Didn't play Dark Brotherhood yet, which was actually good in Oblivion, but Companions were terrible, and College isn't much better - same scheme as above.

Quests, especially "Miscellaneous" Radiant ones are failure. Even Fallout 3, hell, even Oblivion had way more interesting City side-quests, such as Hackdirt one. Until the quest mods will be made with Creation kit, I can't stand the dullness of this game any more.

Majestic47

Learned
Admiral jimbob said:
Sceptic said:
OK, that was terrible. I was starting to think that maybe I should give Skyrim a try, but now I'm back to "fuck this shit".

This time even Jimbob's LP skills couldn't salvage the horrible source material. Good try though :salute:
I feel bad at how awful a light I showed the game in - this questline feels like it was phoned in by a third-rate modder compared to the rest of the content. It's not a great game by any means, but other than this dreadful tacked-on aside, it's a huge improvement over Oblivion in just about every way. If Morrowind was a 10/10 (which it's not, I know, but for purposes of comparison) and Oblivion a 4/10, Skyrim is a solid 7.

Just... avoid the civil war. Please don't let Anders Breivik's struggle be in vain.

I'll LP the Imperial Legion on Xmas. :smug: That will make them buy the game.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Skyrim is banal shit boring. The world is bland and the quests are a snore fest. The Codex has just finally embraced the LARPing. :P

Majestic47

Learned
LARPing is the only way to make sandbox game fun it seems. Taken to the extreme...like how i approach the game - if there's a carriage route from Whiterun to Dawnstar, I'll take it gladly, paying the 50 gold trip. But if there's no carriage return trip available, I suck it up and start the long trek back.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Oblivion sucked monkeyballs because it was... well - it was oblivion.

Skyrim on the other hand had an actual chance of becoming a good, if not great game. Yet it failed on so many different levels, that it became an old mans LARPing simulator with a few redeeming factors. I tried like 5 new chars, each and everyone leveled to ~40 but the game becomes so bland and dull that I dropped it entirely. Not to mention that I never even touched the whole Imperial vs Stormcloak quests, let alone the main quest. Thanks to this LP I know I was right. I'd rather read about the fancy journeys of Drizzt than that bullshit Bethesda has been spitting out in these 'radiantly' told questlines - and that says a lot. At least some quests were enjoyable, though I find it funny how different the writing style and content of some quests are. Apparently someone over there actual has some skill after all.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
By the way, Jimbob, what Dragon Priest did you fight to get that mask? I have only been able to find three of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom