Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Sims 4 - Codex Style

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Table Of Contents Links:

Introduction

The Sims game was my guilty pleasure. Whenever I wanted to procrastinate or waste time (Like I am right now) Sims had always been my go to game. I never played Sims 2 or Sims 3 but the first Sims game was always incredibly captivating for me. This was a time before games like Minecraft, Rust or whatever other bullshit you play.

Sims for me as a teenager was like Lego pieces that I could place and they would flare to life and walk around. I never created families - I would always make myself and hack in a bunch of money and build myself big god like homes and rule over my pleb sim neighborhood like a god, only to eventually kill my Sim, get bored and uninstall the game for 6 months.

I recently purchased Sims 4. (With all the DLC) :negative:

Making the jump from Sims 1 to 4 was huge (I never played any expansion packs). While most people were horrified with what EA had done to the series, I mostly didn't care / notice anything wrong or missing, for me it was a huge step up. The house building is hugely improved, the character models look almost voxel based and are extremely flexible for modifying.

Saying Sims 4 is a bad game is just jumping the band wagon, the game looks amazing and minus the loading screens is much more stable then most games EA releases.

I recently read through a Sims 3 Let's play where a codexer had made a RPGCodex family that had me in stitches laughing so hard as I read the thread at work.

To pay homage I decided to create a Let's Play of Sims 4. I don't know where this will go or how long it will take me to do but I hope you get some joy out of it.. (Or just call me a faggot)

Last edited:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
If you're that desperate to make a furry get The Sims 3. There's skins with instructions to make full animal faces for sims.

You disgusting degenerate.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Character Creation (DEPRECIATED)

• First I decided before even opening the game that I wanted to create an iconic character to kick off this family. Sims 4 doesn't have nearly as many options for creating -weird- or non-human characters.. My first attempt to create the Codex Troll using the alien race ended in failure..
    • I almost got the ears and face perfect but I couldn't make the skin red enough (only purple / pink / blue / green options)
    • Still I will show this pathetic attempt for your own personal pleasure to be fueled off the tears of my failure.

smtxqg.png

• So I did what any person with no self respect would do. I decided to hunt for Mods.
    • Oh and did I find mods alright.
2w1z13a.png

• So the journey began for our hero, I started hitting randomize until I got a sufficiently creepy bald Sim. I wanted a good base to work with, creativity is not a strong suit of mine.
    • I got extremely lucky with the lips / eyes and eyebrows
15oibuw.png

• It was now time for my superb mod finding skills to pay off. The first mod I downloaded was some furry fetish mod that would allow you to make your Sims into cats. I had a good feeling one of the settings could help attain my goal though.
    • (This is going to get worse before it gets better)
    • (It never gets any better)

10pzmt5.png

• Well that was horrifying.. We need more.. I downloaded a mod for cat ears, played around with the clothing and face a bit more.. Made the arms and legs extremely skinny and the torso fat..
    • Does anyone actually care?
97p6ow.png

• Still Seems.. Weird.. A few more changes..
9knugw.png

• No.. He still looks like a retard cat thing.. There is one more thing that needs to be added before our retarded troll cat thing is ready to enter the real world..

:hype:
eb4k5e.png

There you have it.. My hard work paid off.. Tune in next time, same forum, same thread for what will come next!

Future Plans

Build the fucking house
apcy6o.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom