Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Silent Storm!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I will at least post a picture of our smashed roof. :troll:

A proper update is dependant on me getting the free time for it. Might not happen during the working days, but possibly for the weekend.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Glad you think about this LP.
Just when I stopped playing UFO Aftershock. Those battles before temple assault (my countries captured by enemies) are tedious like hell.
Friggin' lazy eggheads from LaPuta [madre] can't research their stuff faster.

Maybe because ancient technology of coffee production are forgotten.

And my right knee itching, always before storm...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
oL7LMWN.jpg

The hole in our roof after the storm.

ccvJmYV.jpg

The hole covered in plastic.

Yep. Didn't work on the update last night. Went straight to bed at eight in the evening. Maybe I can get to work on the update thursday or friday. Hope to get it live before next week at the latest.

The_scorpion

Liturgist
i guess you could say ...

that storm wasn't so silent after alll

:yeahhh:

Roof Looks bad, though. :salute:

tindrli

Arcane
oL7LMWN.jpg

The hole in our roof after the storm.

ccvJmYV.jpg

The hole covered in plastic.

Yep. Didn't work on the update last night. Went straight to bed at eight in the evening. Maybe I can get to work on the update thursday or friday. Hope to get it live before next week at the latest.

Azira Bro, is that roof (azbestos fibered??)

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The isolating filling is either rockwool or glasswool, not sure which. Not a craftsman myself, my grasp of these things is fleeting.
But as far as I know, no asbestos. :salute:

I think he meant the tiling on the roof, they look exactly like the stuff every building had here in soviet times, and as far as I know it has asbestos in it, but of course they just might have the same design and be completely safe. These things made quite a nice bang when thrown into fire.

AFAIK the modern tiles don't contain any asbestos though, they would have to be really old for that to happen.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No idea about the tiling. We bought the house back in 2009, and it was originally built in the 60's, so there might well be asbestos in them. As long as I don't have to dispose it them though, I don't care. The tiles are in no way in direct contact with the interiour of the house.

But again. No idea. :M

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Good news! (For this LP at least)

I might be out of a job for the entire month of december, meaning I should have plenty of spare time to actually finish this LP.

Of course, if I do manage to find something temporary (have landed a new job from january onwards) things might be different. Just thought I'd let you guys know..

And no, haven't been fired. Just have a disagreement with my current employer, and we've mutually agreed to end the contract come december. +M

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Good news! (For this LP at least)

I might be out of a job for the entire month of december, meaning I should have plenty of spare time to actually finish this LP.

Of course, if I do manage to find something temporary (have landed a new job from january onwards) things might be different. Just thought I'd let you guys know..

And no, haven't been fired. Just have a disagreement with my current employer, and we've mutually agreed to end the contract come december. +M
Have you considered making Pay to Post LPs? :P

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The quality of my posts would soon mean I'd be starving. :roll: Better keep with what I spent the last 15 years of my life learning how to do.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, this update has certainly been delayed longer that originally anticipated. The first screenshots for this update were all made at the start of april. The last on the 21st of april. And here we are, half a year has passed.
I wonder if I can in any way make this update interesting? :M
sj7l4Mj.jpg

Our first mission takes place in a small English town. Since it's home territory, and a non-rural map, we can count on allies on the map.

EEvKK4Q.jpg

Our allies mean that we start the map already in combat, and with several spotted hostiles. None within firing range of our squad though, so while we advance the AI takes potshots at eachother.

MDMPpV0.jpg

Mission objectives are simple enough. Remember, rendering a target unconscious in this game is quite simple. Just apply damage. I don't think you can accidentally kill a target you're supposed to capture. :M

LWRDpZU.jpg

Notice the AI is hiding behind a vehicle? Now in most cases that's a wise decision, as vehicles rarely catch fire from simple firearms...

41g2Wx9.jpg

In this case though, one of the axis troopers has an RPG. :smug:
Under cover of all this commotion, flanking our objective is rather easy.

jV2p7br.jpg

01l1ROB.jpg

A burst weapon and a grenade later, the target and his closest bodyguard are both out for the count.
In the last update, more than 6 months ago, we found the silenced sniper and broke the game. There's just one hiccup. It's german made, so we cannot stock up on ammo at the base. It has to be scrounged.

q9HC590.jpg

Luckily for Lottie, the MG34 also uses the 7.92x57 Mauser ammo, and houses a good 75 of them in a handy 4 tiles big ammo box. :incline:

abc2GKW.jpg

VZAPhog.jpg

PQrOPTY.jpg

That wraps up that mission, and kent gets a medal for doing... Something. Can't remember what if anything. The medals awarded in this game seem kind of random. :M

Next up is a new map.

ru2LO9j.jpg

We have to "infiltrate" a german general's HQ.. And how does this elite outfit do that?

ajfDmHU.jpg

kmCArmJ.jpg

7GdOoTA.jpg

ujzFdi7.jpg

Guns blazing, naturally. :roll:
Once the opposition at the main gates has been cleared, we send in the stealthy sniper.

H1u2A2C.jpg

k9Yrf6x.jpg

Turns out that the papers we're looking for aren't inside the HQ, but lying around on the ground outside, in the rain... :retarded:

c3UM54V.jpg

Seems like something you'd either want to destroy, or keep safe. Not sure how outside in the rain qualifies for either.
With the objective taken care of, the rest of the map is mop-up.

OCK28jT.jpg

5OlTpHY.jpg

I2yO6B4.jpg

ugPqWNV.jpg

1tM7rPT.jpg

And more ammo for the silenced sniper. :yeah:

aUWDtBA.jpg

Ho7Af2K.jpg

This time however, the medal seems well earned. Lottie did most of the killing on this map, sneaking around sniping shit. That rifle really makes sniping more or less risk free.
Next mission takes us back to the British isles.

LVYBo1n.jpg

Seems simple enough. But if you remember the axis version of this map, you know there'll be renegade soldiers here to mess things up.

LnAs0HI.jpg

Sure as rain.

ZZl4cWL.jpg

Again, this is on friendly territory, so we have the AI shooting it out against itself.

QovbGB8.jpg

lZVFqfC.jpg

From the intro vid, we know that our target is in the basement, just as it was in the axis version of the mission. It's possible, that if you wait long enough, they will move the target out of the house, but I never tested that.
So, we send in the scout with her silenced weapons..

rKORFiZ.jpg

wR1giSM.jpg

mSPNIpb.jpg

p4woyg5.jpg

JDEaQsj.jpg

QtVtQnn.jpg

RazYx73.jpg

frljsWO.jpg

And that's that. I don't recall if there was a second wave of hostiles, as with the axis version. I think there was, but not sure. In any case, we're rewarded with this unintentionally amusing vid:

The scientist does enlighten us a bit.

xqguIr1.jpg

pCBysGZ.jpg

2JvFesG.jpg

With that mission done, it seems new toys were available back home.

7TgGJ58.jpg

Mg9ST8v.jpg

The 100 size clip on the MG is the main reason I switched. And the bazooka? Well, blowing stuff up can be amusing. +M

Two more maps to show you. Both take place in Germany.

ZCkcfNn.jpg

This is an underground map, strewn with hostiles. Pretty simple actually.

u9lfKd0.jpg

0eA0YRs.jpg

With the guards this unattentive, clearing the place was easy. So I'll skip right to the end.

kC1YZvn.jpg

YYUtWf6.jpg

uKU1jNa.jpg

Charming old lady. :love:

8H6fQfb.jpg

3GHWioQ.jpg

ZzqSbhc.jpg

BxdkGIB.jpg

Again, foreshadowing the PKs. The allies playthrough can get PKs slightly sooner than the axis one. Not quite in this update though.

gFJF4Qs.jpg

Why did I take this screenshot? Well, partly because the AVS is a good rifle, partly because "Avs" in danish translates to "ouch" in english, and I found that amusing. Eheh heh..

Next up is a place you'd think would be well guarded.

jReqsYp.jpg

We start out in a quiet corner of the map and try to get our bearings.

PJMXO5k.jpg

t4ufmwc.jpg

Quickly enter stealth with everyone, and we know we have to objectives, but not what they are just yet.
The map quickly devolves into a simple shootout.

iSZ5HRG.jpg

uUC1lx1.jpg

It's possible to be somewhat surprised by the troops, and that could be painful as they have MGs. On the other hand, the exact opposite is quite probable as well, unless you're playing around with your head stuck up your anus.
I wasn't.

F23CUVg.jpg

Ragdoll physics can make for some awkward poses. His head is actually stuck inside the railing? Lottie's firing some big calibre in that silenced pistol it seems.. :M
Didn't really bother with screenshots of the actual combat in this mission, so I'll just skip straight to the story buildup.

eiJfNEW.jpg

c09yVYt.jpg

nlI6tDH.jpg

Hm. Not much, considering it was supposed to be the intelligence HQ.

4ZLC01k.jpg

ScBccnc.jpg

6glOY6j.jpg

UC2SA1a.jpg

l3BHWFL.jpg

Well, we found the papers detailing how they encode these letters, so we did get some info. How this is going to help us, we'll have to wait and see, for this is as far as I played back in april.

Not much eh? I'll see when I get the time to actually play some more.
I do fully intend to finish this LP though. :salute:

Modron

Arcane
k9Yrf6x.jpg

Turns out that the papers we're looking for aren't inside the HQ, but lying around on the ground outside, in the rain... :retarded:

Yeah, the random placement of items in that game was a bit wonky, I remember when I did that mission they were placed in the attic in such a way that random crates and crap obscured view of it from all angles. So I did the proper thing when confronted by such problems in Silent Storm, I demolished the building until I saw the papers fall from above.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Insane luck when I visited the switzerland map the very first time. Not 10 seconds passed (was actually on the way to the proper mission) and a certain random encounter showed up. Before I've even begun encountering hostile PKs.

Should make the rest of the missions ridiculously simple to complete. Done 3 maps and that one random encounter this afternoon, despite having to look after the children.

As to when the next update is due is too soon to say, but probably soonish. +M

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Incidentally, all it takes to spawn ammo for the silenced scope is to place some at the base. Worked for me. :M

Also, awesome lp.
Maybe I should update my Hammer & Sickle LP one year later, in keeping with this. :troll:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Did it work for axis ammo in an allied playthrough? In that case, I'd wager your game wasn't patched, as that trick is a no-go in my game. :M

lightbane

Arcane
IT's alive!
:necro:

Unfortunately, I can't watch the videos, it says something about being private :decline:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Should make account on dex when LP started, then brofist for necromancy ressurection.
Also - what's your opinion about addon Sentinels? Especialy London mission.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom