Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Seal of Evil!

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Coffee.jpg

Yeesh said:
You crazy son of a bitch, I can't believe you made it all the way through. Congratulations.

Why, I raise my cup to you my good man!

Yeesh said:
You got at least 99.5/100 in my book.

Coffee2.jpg

BrattFacePalm.jpg

God I hate life.

Anyway, found out that you have to unlock the secret ending to get that magical 1% and you don't even have to finish the game on hard and bust your arse like I did, oh no, you simply need to beat the game twice (second run through has to be a 'perfect' run. Meaning doing every single sidequest). Someone ought to get shot for this.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Approval won't save you, potato boy, your Amazons are still going down. :smug:
Regardless, many thanks and my really honest apologies for the above statement.

In other news: some poor sod actually put the secret ending up on YouTube and there is also the rendered intro I probably should have mentioned although it doesn't have anything to do with the plot.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Much love busy bee. If you want more drama, you might be tempted to try out Prince of Qin since it appears to be more of the same and then some with more classes, a more complex inventory system, coop-multiplayer etc. although ghostdog probably knows more about this than I do since it never got released in my country. Guess us Germans are only worthy of the streamlined crap :x

laclongquan

Arcane
One: you need another run, this time with perfect all-quest to get the real perfect ending. 1st run get you four, 2nd get you the best ending with another twist to ensure 100/100.

Two: You prolly should have made heart pills from items (create --- misc). It is refinement but set in create screen.

Three: This is a perfect example of developers devolve from the good and great. What they have achieved with Prince of Qin, they diluted or throw away in Seal of Evil:

Old ancient atmosphere of empire dissolved into chaos? Gone! Replaced by cheesy cheery but most of all gaudy teenage adventure atmosphere. This show in both UI and art assets.

Creative design of item crafting? Trivialize and expand to needless complexity. Case in point? By using best possible raws you can refine bought equipments to the point of stat req is beyond your current stat with no warning (only warning with level exceed). Which mean enforce reloading. And too easy raws as loot, so we can make stuff beyond our wildest dream. uh uh~ bad idea. The good thing of PoQ is that you store or maybe carry a few choicest raws to make items if you need, and the rest make into sale goods. You know exactly where is the last Kunwu red copper is. Here? Too bad, chap.

I dont care that much about the adolescence of characters, because I consider them new steps beyond the middle-ageness of PoQ chars.

Oh and the worst thing? Bloat number of boring hostiles. In Prince of Qin, on average you travel 4 computer screen before you encounter a group of hostiles. And they zone-guard, so if you go beyond their range they stopped. No forced prolong combat. In seal of evil the swarm is much bigger , average a screen each and a much greater range of detection than you think. so you will be forced into combat more than you want. In PoQ, you can meet two or three types of enemies in a map and they can fight each other (ogre vs wolf...). In SoE it's single type each map. The Redclay village has panther and fox but they are just the same, no diff. Generally PoQ give you a much better illusion of various type of enemies in one map.

Final conclusion? possibly barely worth trying if you havent played Prince of Qin. Avoid it like plague if you did, though. PoQ set your expectation for the developers pretty high.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom