Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Reunion.

Destroid

Arcane
Reunion has the most awesome intro video of all time. Played the hell out of this as a kid but never got especially far through it, so I'll be watching.

Cool name

Arcane
V. Still multiplying, F.O.E!

Not long after the battle our scientist do come up with the 'Twin Laser.' I do allow the research on it to proceed and before long it is done. Our Hunters are able to carry a single one of these along the two normal laser guns.

AL%20000005.png

AL%20000006.png

I do check on the barman. He does tell me recently a stranger did visit and while on his third glass of Real Old Earth Ale did tell him he did come from a different solar system. I do not know what to make of this: Is this a hint that there may be other Humans near us or is it a hint he does need to get a new monocle? No one of right mind would confuse any of the aliens we did meet so far with a human.

I do also visit the informer.

cap.png
I do wonder if you do have anything that I would deem of interest.

info.png
The information is well worth the price.

I do pay five hundred credits for it.

info.png
A strong and powerful race lives in the second solar system. The co-ordinates of their planet are: 0142:3400:2310.

cap.png
I do thank you for the assistance.

I do send Abnaxus to check on the new planet. As I did not discover the world myself the game does not allow me to give it a name. It is Phoenix 5 from now on. This does not make me happy.

Phoenix 5 does have a single moon.

AL%20000030.png

As he does return our scientists do come up with a new research project with the intention to develop a troop carrier vehicle. I do proceed with the project. We do have no land forces as it is. I am also able to order the first Galleon built. At fourty seven thousand credits it is not a cheap ship to build. I do also buy a few more hunters.

Before long the troop carrier is done.

AL%20000036.png

AL%20000037.png

AL%20000038.png

It does look kind of cute. Yet instead of these I do presently begin to build twin laser guns. I do build a single laser gun as well. As soon as Kz3r0's fleet does receive its Galleon I do equip it with the laser gun. It is unable to carry more than one. It is also unable to carry twin lasers.

AL%20000170.png

I do send him to check on Phoenix 5. Along the way he does find a new planet. I do give it ChoA for a name. Once he does reach the Phelonian world he does establish contact with them. As soon as he is done he is sent to Way to establish contact with the other species we do know about on the Phoenix system, the Kall. They do wish to speak with us as soon as he does establish contact. A Kall envoy does arrive to New Earth shortly afterwards.

AL%20000182.png

cap.png
It does bring me pleasure to meet you.

kall.png
Be in peace and prosperity! We have just discovered your existence, and we know that you are also fighting the Morgruls.

cap.png
Those who do inform you do seem to be trusthworthy.

kall.png
There are some strategically important planets in your system. We will supply you with weapons, so you may fight against them!

I do not trust him. To let other people fight in one's stead is the exclusive right of young noblewomen rich in beauty, grace, and innocence both true and not. One so unwise in the divine order as to expect the same treatment as his betters is a servant of darkness and evil most apparent. And do please take a look at that chin of his. I do doubt his vile nature is in need of further demonstration when his ignorance of the categorical imperative of proper aesthetical harmony does lie naked for the universe entire to see.

Yet I am not about to reject an offer of advanced weapons for my scientists to reverse engineer. If it is possible I will punish his defiance of the divine order once I do finish to force the one true Faith down the Morgruls xeno throats.

cap.png
A most generous offer you do make.

kall.png
The weapons will be with you shortly. All we ask is that you deal with us confidentially. This is for your own good as well as ours. Fight bravely. May peace and prosperity be with you.

cap.png
May they be with you as well.

He does send us ten starfighters. These ships are stronger than our Hunters. They are unable to carry laser guns yet are able to take up to four twin lasers each. As soon as I am back at the command center I do order Klaatoo to reverse engineer the ships. In the meantime Abnaxus does check ChoA to find nothing but a moonless and rocky planet.

AL%20000194.png

Before long a Phelonian envoy does arrive to New Earth.

AL%20000200.png

By this point I do have to say the Divine Empress did begin to get on my bad side. Shamrock, Fern, Pakistani, Dartmouth and the rest of the darker green shades are terrible colors to dress in if you are not a fairy, an elf, or a redhead. Her feet are too small for her body. Her legs are too short. Her knees are too low. Her shoulders are too wide. Her way to sit is improper. And I will never trust a girl that does wear flats.

At least she does take care of her hair I guess.

cap.png
I do welcome you to New Earth, O Phelonian.

phel.png
Greetings humanoids. We are in great need of Energon. We had a contract with the Kalls until now. It seems that our relationship has become impossible to continue. We ask you to consider becoming our trading partners.

cap.png
I am sure we will be able to reach an agreement favorable to us both.

phel.png
We could give you 100.000 credits for 10.000 Tonne of Energon.

cap.png
I do find your offer fair. Yet presently of little interest are credits to me. I am however sure your people does possess technology far in advance of us newcomers to the galactic community.

phel.png
We can offer a battle tank for 10.000 tonns of Energon. Do you accept it?

cap.png
I do. And I do as well hope this is but the genesis of a long and mutually profitable relationship.

phel.png
It's a deal then.

They do send us the plans. Before long our scientists do finish the project to reverse engineer the starfighters as well.

AL%20000213.png

AL%20000214.png

AL%20000218.png

AL%20000219.png

I do send Kz3r0's fleet to the offworld mines to bring the two resources we are unable to mine from New Earth as well as Energon. As money does permit I do equip the battlefleet with twin lasers. I do visit the bar as well. Neither the barman nor the spy hunter do have something to say. The informer however does take five hundred credits to confirm what we did already suspect by now.

AL%20000241.png

I do keep the production of weapons for Hirato going as I do send Abnaxus to launch satellites on the moons that did previously belong to the Jaanosian. We are able to explore them this once. We are still unable to send satellites to the planet itself. I do order two offworld mines to be built.

By the time the installations are ready for deployment our present fleet is fully set up.

AL%20000281.png

I do reduce the taxes on New Earth. The population is neutral and I do want to recover some of their favour so that they will not drop into the negative once they do come to need something new to keep their lives meaningful.

I do establish new mining stations on Gallilei and ChoA. As Kz3r0 did move from the former to the later he did discover a new planet on Phoenix. The planet does receive the name 'Geum Mi.' It does have three moons. The satelite we do send to one of these is lost. There is probably a colony down there.

The informer does tell me I do have to be careful with the Morgruls as they are a hostile and violent species. It is good to know. :roll: Soon afterwards we do receive notice of an enemy fleet en route to New Earth. I do check Hirato's forces. Then the battle does begin. It is fast and brutal.

AL%20000393.png

AL%20000395.png

AL%20000401.png

AL%20000407.png

As the battle does end and the prisoners are sent wherever the prisoners are kept our scientists do come up with a new invention, the tractor beam. I do accept the project. As the research does proceed I do receive notice we did receive and decode an S.O.S. signal from an interior planet in the Phoenix system. This does represent a once in a lifetime opportunity for us. And I will squander it because I am too naive and innocent and nice to be a politician. In doing so I will probably also doom humanity to extinction.

But that will have to wait to the next update.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Agassi said:
As the battle does end and the prisoners are sent wherever the prisoners are kept our scientists do come up with a new invention, the tractor beam. I do accept the project. As the research does proceed I do receive notice we did receive and decode an S.O.S. signal from an interior planet in the Phoenix system. This does represent a once in a lifetime opportunity for us. And I will squander it because I am too naive and innocent and nice to be a politician. In doing so I will probably also doom humanity to extinction.

But that will have to wait to the next update.

Goddamn cliffhangers. :mad:

So, you managed to run the game on DosBox again, this time withou problems? Or is it Amiga version?

Cool name

Arcane
I do still have problems. However...

(do add a few samisen notes here.)

samurai.gif

IF YOU CAN'T DO IT YOU ARE NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH, VII OJOU-SAN! TRY HARDER!

(And do add a few more samisen notes in here.)

It is the PC version as well. For now I will continue on the PC. If things do go on as awfully as I do imagine they will go I will take a rest and then restart on the Amiga if I am able to run the game on WinUAE. The made in Potatohoe version does still run badly for me. :(

Zeriel

Arcane
I like the meta cat-fight we've got going on between the player and the played.

Cool name

Arcane
If people does still want updates I do not mind, I did save the screenshots and save files. The last updates on my Let's Play thingies did not receive a lot of attention so I did decide to stop breaking my nails and making my hands hurt and instead play Korean MMOs with my first cousins and their friends who do tell me how awesome, cute, and charming I am every other second.

Attention whores gonna attention whore. :oops:

lightbane

Arcane
instead play Korean MMOs with my first cousins and their friends who do tell me how awesome, cute, and charming I am every other second.

Until they pressure you to play non-stop for 10 hours to fight against a super-boss with millions of HP. Or perhaps not, I don't know if Korean MMOs have a different way of doing raids. Also, moar updates please.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
^ What the other lasses and chaps wrote. We absolutely love your LPs. We just figured out after such an humongous albeit outstanding effort with the narrative work for the LPs you deserve some vacation...

Also, did you give up on Sword of Excalibur? :rpgcodex:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You may be an attention whore. But you're OUR whore bc-chan. :love:

Updatan are most welcome

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Do please grace us with the charming results of your playing efforts; it would be most inefficient to have the save games and screenshots without harvesting the brofists they can bring you :P

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
While we do wait for an update, I did find this video of Black Cat in space

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How could I've missed this so far... Reunion is an awesome game, I do suck terribly at it though. More updates!

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
@ spekkio: Thank you. That did work prettily. You are my besuto furendo and did just won... a lot of huggies! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

@ Crooked Bee: If you do not mind to wait until I do either finish or abandon Reunion I can do a blind Let's Play of Shadoworlds. My original idea was to do Infinite Space once I do finish Reunion and the Excalibur games but that's a huge and very talky game to do. It does scare me. But if you do want to do Shadoworlds yourself do please go ahead. I am sure you will do an awesome LP out of it and you can actually give a lot of information on it as you did already play it. :) I am still very sick and tired with all the traveling around so I will be going slow for now and I may also need to take a very long vacation from this place after winter (for me) which is summer (for you) so I may not be able to finish it myself if I do take too much time to get back to speed with the ones I do already have.

Amiga version worked for me very well after choosing D3D 4x filter.

Black Cat

Magister
I am leaving again this weekend on my magical witchy journey. Well, technically I am leaving on Monday because Sunday my favorite TV Show's season does end. :oops: And I am moving to Seoul once I return so I will probably not resurrect this until I am done moving and do find a nice worst korean proxy that does suit my needs. I will continue this but it will have to wait until I do return to Codexia, just like the Spirit of Excalibur one. I am shurry. :(

tiagocc0

Arcane
Oh gosh, a Reunion LP, this was by far my favourite game in my childhood.
It was very hard to play it without knowing english, but a few years later after learning a bit of english I did finish it and it was glorious!

:love:

EDIT: Dang, now I want to play it again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom