Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Reunion.

Cool name

Arcane
@ Renegen: I will try one of them when I do have the time. Which does have the smaller scale? My experience with 4x games on a grand scale is close to none.

@ Hirato: Admiral Teddie will have to bear a beary grave responsability on its soft shoulders.

@ Kz3r0: I will find myself under temptation to suffer more frequent bouts of insecurity if you do say such things when I do. :oops:

@ Mrowak: I am sorry if it did seem I did ignore you. We did post almost at the same time. From what you say and what I did find about them you may find Imperium Galactica more to your taste. Do check the game's page on wikipedia to see the way in which the story does progress. It is closer to how Reunion does work.

III. The full set.

The Divine Empress does decide to wait until she does save enough money to recruit Klatoo. To do this she does use the time compression. By means of a single on the date the game does advance a single hour. Every day we do receive our taxes. By means of a hold click on the date the game advances very quickly. Hours do become days. Yet before long she does notice two of the colony's non essential structures, to wit the church and the park, do no longer receive enough power to work. The last mine and the last few derricks did probably take the colony beyond the available power. She does order the construction of a new nuclear fusion reactor.

AL%20000330.png

The structure does take almost everything she did collect in the past few days. Time does pass. In the eighth day of october the observatory does find a new planet on the Amnesty system. When an observatory or ship does find a new planet the usual protocol is to suggest a generic name for it. The game does add its place as seen from the star to the name of the star system. Hyomin for example was Amnesty 1. In this case the name they do propose is Jade. By this alone we do know this world will play an important role in the story.

Yet our heroine will have nothing of this. She does name the planet Qri. Qri is the currently known planet most distant from the local star. I do send Abnaxus to explore the new world.

AL%20000336.png

The ship does arrive. It does report the number of its moons as per the usual procedure. Then it does drop its satellite on Qri's orbit.

AL%20000341.png

AL%20000342.png

AL%20000343.png

bb2.png
The satellite is in orbit, Captain.

abnaxus.png
Do give me an image of the surface.

bb2.png
I am unable to do so, sir. Something does seem to interfere with the satellite's imaging systems.

bb3.png
It is gone, sir.

abnaxus.png
What do you mean by 'gone?'

bb2.png
All contact with the satellite has been lost.

bb3.png
I do presume it was shot down.

abnaxus.png
This is not the time to joke.

bb3.png
I do share the assesment. I do have several contacts on sensor, sir.

abnaxus.png
Do check it again.

bb2.png
I do confirm. There are ships out there.

AL%20000346.png

abnaxus.png
Who are they?

bb3.png
Not us.

abnaxus.png
Do they move against us?

bb2.png
Not that I can tell, sir.

bb3.png
Which could be as well their way to ask whether or not do these punks feel lucky today.

bb2.png
Or it could be an invitation. This may be a moment as important to them as it is to us.

bb3.png
It does bring warmth to my heart to think of all these alien otakus as they post on their alien bulletin boards to express how grateful do they feel to live in the time of the first great galactic war.

bb2.png
We must not allow our fear and mistrust to guide our actions.

bb3.png
Do I need to remind you we did just launch an unidentified projectile against their homeworld?

bb2.png
Reason more than enough to try and make contact before a misguided interpretation of our actions can take root among them.

bb3.png
I do not see them try to establish contact with us.

bb2.png
Maybe they do in a manner we do not find obvious.

abnaxus.png
You do want to suggest something.

bb2.png
I do believe we may be able to land the ship on Qri and establish contact with them, sir.

bb3.png
Do ask our satellite which is the party line on unidentified objects that do get too close to their planet.

abnaxus.png
A most convincing argument. Set a course back to New Earth. Do take it slow and steady. Do nothing that could be seen as a threat.

And so it was that the colony's first of many a first contact event to come did play out. Abnaxus did return to New Earth. I could try to place satellites on Qri's many moons but it do not want to risk neither the ship nor a misunderstanding. For the time being I do consider Qri out-of-limits. No ship is going to visit the planet nor its moons.

Time does continue to pass. It is the twenty fifth day of november and I do have almost two thirds of the money I do need when I do receive a report the colony did run out of living space. I do build two more housing blocks.

AL%20000355.png

Two days later I do receive a new report. The colony's single hospital is not enough to take care of the growing population. A second hospital is to be build.

AL%20000360.png

On the twenty fifth day of december I do recruit Klaatoo.

AL%20000364.png

With him in charge of our science division the control centre is quickly done.

AL%20000371.png

AL%20000372.png

I do order the construction of two Miner Stations. We do currently know of three worlds from which we can extract minerals.

AL%20000374.png

Before long I do order a third Miner Station. Kz3r0's ship does take the Miner Stations to their respective worlds. We do begin construction of a new derrick in the colony. Once I do have enough resources as to try to build a Control Center I do discover my current engineer is unable to take care of such a project. I do decide to save enough money to recruit William Forbs. I do raise the colony's taxes one more step. Soon my approval rating does go down to 'people find you sympathetic' instead of 'people like you.'

AL%20000414.png

In the nineteenth day of january I do recruit William Forbs. Now I am able to check the interface from which we can establish a new colony.

AL%20000419.png

AL%20000424.png

The base price of a new colony is one hundred thousand credits. If we do chose to start with all the optional structures build it does go up to one hundred and ninety two thousand credits. As soon as we do establish the colony we will need to begin to develop it. We will need around two hundred and fifty thousand credits to establish a new colony.

This is as much as Klaatoo did cost me.

But then I do have an idea. I will recruit the two remaining rightmost advisors before I do begin to colonize the Amnesty system. This will put our expansion almost two two hundred thousand credits colonies behind what it could be yet I do believe the Commanders to be much more important at the time. And as those among you who did read my Alien Legacy Let's Play may remember I do not particularly enjoy to expand. I do prefer a few well developed colonies instead. To get the four best advisors does seem a much more interesting proposition as their skills do influence everything we do try to do.

In the meantime I do send Kz3r0 to collect the resources our Miner Station in Apollo did obtain so far. I could not care about Energon, Kremir, and Lepitium. Of those the colony does produce more than enough to satisfy our current needs. I will let these pile in the station until I do need them. The resource that does interest me is Raenium. We are unable to acquire it on New Earth. I do start to transport it from Apollo to the colony five hundred units at a time.

AL%20000434.png

After several trips I do decide to buy two more sloops for Kz3r0's fleet. I do also build a storage bay on New Earth so that I don't need to worry about the size of my stockpiles for a while.

AL%20000437.png

Kz3r0's fleet does continue to take Apollo's Raenium to the colony's stockpiles. Soon we do have it all in New Earth. I do check the other three Miner Stations for Raenium and Texon. Texon is the other resource unavailable on New Earth. Presently their stockpiles are too small for me to care. I do also decide to delay my plan for a little while and spend 37000 credits to build a stadium on New Earth.

AL%20000445.png

With the taxes on difficult my approval did drop to 'neutral.' I do lower the taxes back to normal to allow for it to recover. Once they do start to 'like' me again I do raise them back to High.

On the eighteenth day of february I do receive a report that our people on New Earth is starving. I do build one more of each food procution facility because I do not remember the benefits and penalties of each type.

AL%20000467.png

Every time something like this does happen our approval does fall a little. I do lower the taxes to 'normal' for a day or two. Once the people is back to 'like' me I do raise them to 'high' once again. Then I do send Kz3r0 to collect Raenium and Texon from the Miner Stations. The stockpiles do now merit a single trip to each one. With three sloops he is able to move up to 1500 tons of resources per journey.

On the twenty fourth day of march I do receive a report there is not enough living space in New Earth. I do build two more housing complexes.

AL%20000485.png

On the twelfth day of april I do recruit MACH.

AL%20000490.png

I have yet to post the military commanders blurbs so I will do so now.

Michael James.
Mike is a relatively inexperienced fighter, a fact that can be discerned by the lack of noticeable bionic implants. A champion gladiator at the New Earth games, Mike is also an excellent spaceball captain. Virtual battle simulations show that Mike has an excellent aptitude for the job.

Kyle Douglas.
Kyle was heavily scarred during a battle exercise in the Great Desert and now has to wear a face mask with image enhancing equipment over his left eye. Kyle is an extremely brave fighter and a superb tactician who has a wealth of combat experience. For such a qualified person, his demands are relatively low.

MACH.
MACH is a cyborg, half man - half machine. An ex-Army general, MACH was killed during a terrorist attack on his patrol but was restored to life using advanced bionic techniques.
His already extensive knowledge is now supplemented by a positronic brain as powerful as a super computer. He is a formidable opponent.

In the second day of may I do recruit Julie-Anne Roxford. Now I do have the best advisors credits were able to buy. From now on I only have to train them to make them even better than they already are.

AL%20000504.png

AL%20000506.png

I do add a fourth ship to Kz3r0's fleet. Now he is able to move up to two thousand tons per trip. The way in which I did develop the colony does seem to work. My aproval has gone up to 'loyal' even with the taxes set to 'high.' From now on I can focus on expansion and colonization. Our neighbors are still a mystery. They have done nothing to hurt us. They have done nothing to try to communicate with us. We are still defenseless.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nice work on getting the best commanders. I don't recall, do they have a regular salary you need to pay, or is their fee a one-off?

If the latter, getting the best people ASAP seems like a no-brainer, but if they're also a heavier drain on your income, I guess you need a stable and healthy economy to support them. Which would spur the need for expansion I guess. :roll:

Looking forward to your next update with anticipation. :avatard:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
@ Mrowak: I am sorry if it did seem I did ignore you. We did post almost at the same time. From what you say and what I did find about them you may find Imperium Galactica more to your taste. Do check the game's page on wikipedia to see the way in which the story does progress. It is closer to how Reunion does work.

I've played Imperium Galactica 1 (although I missed part 2). It was a great game, and I expect Haegemonia would be its more robust version. It didn't happen, sadly. On the side note - Imperium Galactica 2 has been released on iPad. I hope this will prompt the devs to publish it on GOG or Steam as well.

As for the update it was great all the way. I wonder what are those "aliens" (?) you've encountered.

BTW, I've noticed you've become very emphatic in your writing. Any particular reason? ;)

GreyViper

Prophet
Agassi good call going with best commanders, it pays off in the long run. I think there isn't lot of advice to give you since your doing a good job already. Just strip mine the planets that aren't habitable and since you know about THAT event, then I wish you early victory, although it can take many tries to get one.

As to aliens, here is a small spoiler.

Btw why is it, that the planet and combat layout reminds me of Dune 2 engine?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Our neighbors are still a mystery. They have done nothing to hurt us. They have done nothing to try to communicate with us. We are still defenseless.

Tsk, silly neighbors, patiently waiting until we become too powerful for them. :P

lightbane

Arcane
AL%20000364.png

I like how their importance is ranked with their beard's size :lol: Same with the Soldier guys, the last one is pretty much the Bionic Man. Shame he didn't consider to acquire sunglasses...

Cool name

Arcane
Reunion is a very particular 4x game in that even the best strategies will fail if you do not trigger the events in the way the developers did want you to do. While I did remember my old build order almost perfectly I did forget that satellite carriers do not trigger events on their own. This was the reason our neighbors did nothing after we did visit them. This does also place us on a dead end and does make the game impossible to win. I do not know if this is a design choice or a bug. The game does have its fair share of bugs though most are minor.

When I did remember this I did restart right away to save time. I did follow the exact same build order. The only change is that after I did send Abnaxus to Qri I did send Kz3r0 there too. This does trigger the event we did lack and this time the plot did continue beyond this point. It is slightly bothersome for the plot to be so linear but it's not that hard to deal with. I did need but thirty minutes to replay everything.

IV. It is a bit crowded here.

At first I do everything as I previously did. I do explore Zeus, Klaatoo, Hyomin, Eunjung, and Jiyeon along all of their moons. I have all the mines I can have in New Earth and an offworld mine in Apollo. I did develop the colony very fast. As I knew exactly what the colony does need to grow I do build everything before I do need it and thus I do never need to micromanage the taxes. I do raise them to 'very difficult' and still manage to keep the people either neutral or sympathetic. Everything is pretty much the same.

When Qri does become available I send Kz3r0 there. This time the event does trigger properly.

AL%20000014.png

kz3r0.png
Do hail them.

bb4.png
As you do order. They do answer us.

kz3r0.png
Let us hear what do they have to say.

mystary.png
AI·Q()wjkhwq891 w1wepoiaxcmkicnaq iSAHduiQISJ=opi1 89419y1hi1JSUIN dfansaklyd71w,

bb4.png
Those things do always break at the worst possible time.

kz3r0.png
Get all teams to do a full system check.

bb5.png
Right away.

mystary.png
IjqwelSAHUI3924saMKlAUqwqñl. AKJSueahrekanmsa!

bb5.png
Do please try to stall them until the teams are done, sir.

kz3r0.png
Do we have a hint system in there? I was never very good at interactive fiction.

bb4.png
We could try to use a few generic and universal concepts. They may attribute any inconsistency to a failure of their own communication systems and give us time to fix ours as they go check their own.

kz3r0.png
Nothing risked...

mystary.png
AOSiuqiewu823711! AKSjauqwyew891! KLuweqiowqhewq?

kz3r0.png
You... You are most kind. Do remind me to pass you my coiffeur's vidphone later on.

mystary.png
MaksahdfuewqUAYQ? Mskaq148AS. MNAhs12UAY! MLkasjhauwq98231hsaUIa!

kz3r0.png
Di mamma ce n'è una sola. You should be more grateful to her.

bb4.png
Captain!

kz3r0.png
That's cosmic. *shrugs*

bb4.png
Do please remember we are an unarmed vessel.

kz3r0.png
Do file a complain with high command. The first thing I did try was to get us three layers of armor, two dozen gun emplacements, and a few rocket pods.

bb5.png
What did happen?

kz3r0.png
The togas did give me a speech on how an enlightened society must abandon tribal violence and distrust for reason and dialogue to trascend beyond their barbaric past and unite the galaxy in brotherhood.

mystary.png
IUwqe29134. A KLJAiosusauhduqi! AKLjsaljqiowe. Uoodsa(724UAIy? KjauiyqwW/QY!

kz3r0.png
Ahem. Of course, sir. It will be an honor to meet your sister.

bb4.png
Should we not wait for a visual feed, sir?

kz3r0.png
A very good point you do raise.

bb5.png
In any case I did expect more from high command. Is it not to discuss old space opera works part of the mating rituals of the Homo Ovumcapitus?

bb4.png
Do you mean <air quotes>These entertaining but quaint fantasies our primitive ancestors had about the futu-

mystary.png
Aiwq2918732AIOuay1! AlausaiqnA;slahas! AKsdhajkqwyeUIYQ? AKJlsasakajAYsgYug!

bb4.png
-re.'</air quotes>

kz3r0.png
It is good you do ask, sir. I am in fact in possession of a very nice bridge back in New Earth. And of a mailbox. I do find it hard to part with them but-

mystary.png
AIsauqoiwu? AIouj21823(as! Ailsu3! AIKsauiahyasjk, aKlh12as-

bb5.png
The report did just come in. All systems green. I do repeat. All systems are green.

bb4.png
Do you mean this is how they speak?

mystary.png
IOw12384711. AOusa8uydqw... ALas8audq! Ljsuayr83!

bb5.png
It does seem so.

kz3r0.png
Please do explain to me how do we know they do call themselves the Jaanosian then.

mystary.png
JIe29381ji! I)"3km2i2j. JIoiu31289u1. JKW(31'oepw? AKLsauyaiAS82173! KLahsuiAuy Ajs-

kz3r0.png
Do cut it off already.

bb4.png
Channel cut.

The alien language does result to be incomprehensible. Kz3r0 does return to New Earth. The science department does declare to decipher it to be a priority. A few days later they do come to me with a research project they do call The Communicator. I do not start it right away. To do so will be to waste all the progress we did make on the 'control centre' project so far. I do wait until I have enough money to recruit Klaatoo instead. When he does join me he does finish the control centre project in a few hours. The next day the communicator project is also done.

AL%20000024.png

AL%20000025.png

AL%20000026.png

Now everything goes back to the way it was. I do save to get William Forbs. Once I do get him I will build a stadium on New Earth and three more offworld mines to extract those resources I am unable to get on the colony. Then my priority is to get the two remaining high level Commanders.

Yet I do get ahead of myself. A few days after Klaatoo did present the communicator to me we do make contact with the Jaanosians. Given they do not receive much background I do decide they are but Reticulans and Sectoids who did escape to a remote corner of the galaxy to build a hippy comune.

AL%20000031.png

cap.png
We do salute you Jaanosian. It does bring joy we are finally able to speak with one another. What topic is it you do wish to discuss?

grey.png
Greetings human! We have been monitoring your progress. Your kind is developing rapidly. We think that we should work together.

cap.png
Do please forgive me but I must ask you to be more specific.

grey.png
We are working on a very efficient transfer ship, and our scientific collaboration would speed up the project.

cap.png
Do tell me in which way will I be able to assist you.

grey.png
Send your senior scientist to our planet. We will send our spaceship to pick him up in two days if you agree. Do you accept our offer?

cap.png
I do. And it is my hope this is but the beginning of a new age for both of our peoples.

grey.png
We will hopefully contact you soon with good news.

This is but the first technological advance we will obtain from the Jaanosian. We do need several of them to advance the plot in a proper manner. To lack any of those will bring the game to a halt. The remaining ones may or may not be optional. It is better not to run the risk.

A few days later Klaatoo does return with the plans for a trade vessel much more advanced than the sloops we do use.

AL%20000047.png

AL%20000048.png

I do order the construction of one for Kz3r0's fleet. A few days later I am able to recruit William Forbs. The Jaanosian envoy does return shortly afterwards.

cap.png
It is good to see you again.

grey.png
Greetings again, human! We have a proposition that may interest you.

cap.png
Do tell me more.

grey.png
We have a very strange device, that was recovered from a crashed alien ship. Our scientists cannot discover it's function so we thought that, for a modest fee, you could have the alien item.

cap.png
Which price do you expect to obtain for this item you did find?

grey.png
The price is 16000 credits. Do you accept this offer?

cap.png
I do accept it.

grey.png
All right. We are sending it.

At the time our scientists do not manage to understand much of the device.

AL%20000062.png

Now I do another change to my previous build order. I do remember I did usually use a bigger Satellite Carrier fleet. I do order the construction of four more for Abnaxus' fleet. The rest does progress in the very same way. I do recruit MACH and a few hours later the Jaanosians do come to us for the last time. They do send an S.O.S shortly before their envoy does visit us.

cap.png
I do welcome you. What is it that you do need? What reason is there for the S.O.S your kind did send?

grey.png
Greetings! We have received some bad news from our spies. They say that the Morgruls are planning an attack against our base. We cannot possibly resist a sustained assault. Can you help us?

cap.png
I do wish to assist you. Yet I have no weapons with which to do so.

grey.png
We need all the weapons we can build to defend ourselves. We can send you detailed plans of a fighter ship, if that would help.

cap.png
Please do so. We will do our best to assist you in your time of need.

grey.png
Thank you for your help.

We do get two new technologies from this event. Without these we will never obtain weapons and be but a duck that does sick idly and does wait for the hunter to come. It is one of the most silly parts of the game. The colonists do seem either unable or unwilling to develop their own weapons and attach them to their merchant vessels for at least security purposes. No wonder their forefathers did lose Earth to the rebels. They would be unable fight their way out of a kindergarden.

AL%20000080.png

AL%20000081.png

AL%20000082.png

AL%20000083.png

Every Hunter can equip up to two laser guns. Every time we do order a hunter we do also order two laser guns. I do not order many of them. I do get one or two every now and then. I do want to recruit the best pilot as soon as possible. I will not try to save the Jaanosian. I did never manage to save them before and I am not about to ruin my build order to try to do it again.

Before long our hippy neighbors are no more.

AL%20000089.png

AL%20000090.png

Yet even in death do the Jaanosian have one more thing for us to obtain from them. Kz3r0 does land on Qri before the fires do die.

AL%20000100.png

kz3r0.png
Do be quick. We must leave nothing for the Morgrul to loot. All of this does belong to a museum.

bb5.png
To your private one I do assume.

kz3r0.png
I do wish but to serve future generations of historians and academics.

bb5.png
For but a small donation.

bb4.png
<air quotes>Small.</air quotes>

kz3r0.png
It is but my duty to ensure their research grants are put to good use.

Among the ruins he does find a Sub-Space Radio transmitter. He does return straight to the colony as there are Morgrul ships in the area. Before long our scientists do reveal its secrets.

AL%20000104.png

AL%20000105.png

A few weeks later our scientists did also discover the strange item we did buy from the Jaanosian does happen to be a hyperspace drive. The project to understand how to reproduce it and use it does begin immediately. The next day I am able to recruit Julie-Anne Roxford. One more day and all of our Satellite Carriers do receive a Hyperspace Drive. Abnaxus' squadron is sent to explore the next star system without further delay.

AL%20000120.png

AL%20000121.png

AL%20000124.png

AL%20000125.png

AL%20000126.png

AL%20000127.png

AL%20000128.png

Presently he does find but two new planets on Phoenix. In time we will find others. We do call them Ellin and Way. Way does have two moons. When he does try to launch a satellite he does lose contact with it. A quick check to the starmap does show two fleets in the area. They are neither Jaanosian nor Morgrul.

AL%20000137.png

He does leave for Ellin. This world has no moons. It is uninhabited. Then I do send Abnaxus to Qri. I do try to place satellites on the planet but they do get lost. It does seem we will not be able to colonize the planet.

I do receive a report that our scientists do want to develop a new type of ship they do call the Galleon. I do greenlight their project. Before long it is done. And as I do check the new ship it does come to happen.

AL%20000154.png

AL%20000155.png

AL%20000156.png

AL%20000157.png

AL%20000159.png

Yet there is nothing to worry about. I am more than able to take them down. I do create a squadron with the eight fighters I did manage to build in the meantime. Hirato is given command of it. When the Morgrul ships do arrive to New Earth the bears of war do take off to present battle to them.

AL%20000161.png

bb6.png
The enemy, ahem, 'fleet' is soon to be within range. All six of them.

AL%20000163.png

hirato.png
Let us bear our teeth to them. Do fire a warning shot.

AL%20000168.png

AL%20000169.png

bb6.png
The enemy is in disarray. Only two ships do remain.

hirato.png
I am unable but to ask how did they manage to genocide the neighbours ours.

AL%20000176.png

With all of the best officers in my command center eight fighters have no trouble to defeat the enemy squadron with no losses. Yet I do not know what did happen with the last enemy ship. There are clearly six on screen during the battle yet only five enemy casualties we did count.

@ eklektyk: Do worry not. I will try my best to keep the speed rather high.

@ lightbane: The game does indeed take the 'white beards and togas' idea a bit too far for my taste.

@ Crooked Bee: It was closer to 'silly game did not properly register our first contact with them.' And to 'silly neighbors are unable to do anything without our help' as well.

@ Mrowak: About my writing there is not much to say. I do just play with different styles to find which one I do find to be more fashionable and dramatic. Yet I am not too good at this on english so it is a work in progress.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't think it is possible to save the Jaanosians at all. IIRC the fleet sent to attack them is either composed of ships far outstripping the basic fighters, or simply not visible for interception.
It's a cheap trick, but they're there to give you a scientific leg up and then get destroyed so you can despair about your own future. :roll:

Anyway, an update! Yay! :hug:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
@ Agassi
Poor Jaanosians :( A shame they were killed off so soon in such a way. I was hoping for a temporary alliance with some stabby-stabby in the backstage, but the game appears to be very narrative-driven. Oh well.

Now I wonder who the new Aliens you found in that other system.

As for your style it is great as always. I was just curious if there is reason why you keep using emphasis so often - mayhap an interference from a new language you acquired. ;)

Anyways carry on. We do enjoy your great work. :)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Great stuff!

I don't usually care much about these things, but I have to say I kinda like the game's art style.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
The girl main character kinda looks like Barbarella.

Also, just noticed I feature in this LP. :love:

GreyViper

Prophet
Yeah the Jaanosian were real bros, they will be missed.:salute: If I recall, I did it bit differently, because I though I could save them . Result being Morguls had way larger space fleet there and gaining victory over them was much harder, but since by that time you dont have land forces and they do , so you cant save Jaanosian.:(
Oh well now that this part is over things should go by usual command and conquering.:greatjob:

Norfleet

I remember this game. It sort of has a massive game-killing bug in it. Namely, if you do the natural thing when you REQUIRE MORE MINERALS and respond by CONSTRUCTING ADDITIONAL PYLONS, you will hit a deadlock limit where the amount of stuff you own breaks some internal game limit. At this point, everything in the game grinds to a dead halt as you will be unable to actually do anything. It's great until you hit that point, then it's completely unplayable.

And yeah, it's very easy to derail the railroad plot and lock the game up that way, too. But you'll definitely hit the above issue well before you end the game.

Cool name

Arcane
I did just want to post so that no one does believe this little delay does mean anything but a little delay. I am presently a bit sick (as you might remember my health does get along neither with the summer nor with the sun from october to march) and am a bit busy so the games I do play I do play slowly.

@ Norfleet: I am very grateful for the warning. Is there a way to circumvent this situation you do mention? Maybe if I do keep only a few colonies indepently of how much harder the game may become because of this?

@ Mrowak: I do just try to make it both a little prettier and a little more formal, and I do try to give it a flow and sound closer to the formal forms of Korean and Japanese. I am not yet happy with the results. It is a bit infuriating. It do use much english to play videogames, to browse the internet, and to talk with my asian friends and relatives when my lack of skill does become comical yet it is not a language I did read much literature in so I do naught but to stumble around blindly and hope I do eventually enjoy the result.

@ Azira: I am grateful for what you did reveal to me. I did always feel a little bad about being unable to save them. To know it is inevitable does make me a happier galactic dictator.

@ abnaxus: 'He who stands by NS Yoon-G shall be my brother.' :hug:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Remember that Norfleet likes to break games and claims he can control exactly how the dice lands. My guess is that he 'sperges ever so slightly (..) when playing games like these, and intentionally maximises his income from mines and whatever other resource gathering option there is.

If you play this game the way you normally would, you probably won't break the game in the manner he suggests. Looking through the web, there are several walkthroughs to be found, yet I haven't found mention of the bug he mentions.

Of course, I cheated when I played the game many, many years ago, and executed a TSR program that locked the resources and money at artificially high levels through the entire game, so I wouldn't have hit the bug myself, as the program would have prevented overflow into negative numbers. Yet we know that such bugs do appear. There was the infamous TU bug in the old X-COM games after all.

And you're welcome about the little spoiler. I tried to save them in my cheating playthrough and found that it simply wasn't possible. So I thought I'd let you know, to ease the conscience. :salute:

Norfleet

@ Norfleet: I am very grateful for the warning. Is there a way to circumvent this situation you do mention? Maybe if I do keep only a few colonies indepently of how much harder the game may become because of this?
If you keep colonization to a minimum, you might avoid hitting this issue, but the game might become nigh-impossible at some point because you don't have enough minerals. One thing's for certain: If your style is anything like mine was ("YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!"), where your instinctive urge is to wallpaper planets in factories and mines and produce MOAR, MOAR, MOAR, the game is going to jam. If you want to be able to finish the game at all, I recommend not attempting to turn every single planet into Coruscant.

If you play this game the way you normally would, you probably won't break the game in the manner he suggests. Looking through the web, there are several walkthroughs to be found, yet I haven't found mention of the bug he mentions.
Oh, they definitely mention it. I know this because I was like "WRY CAN'T I BUILD ANYTHING", and started digging. It's basically a hidden limit much like Civ 1's city limit, only unlike Civ1, it's very easy to hit if you go full SimCity on every planet you happen to colonize...something that may or may not feel entirely natural for you to do.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh, they definitely mention it. I know this because I was like "WRY CAN'T I BUILD ANYTHING", and started digging. It's basically a hidden limit much like Civ 1's city limit, only unlike Civ1, it's very easy to hit if you go full SimCity on every planet you happen to colonize...something that may or may not feel entirely natural for you to do.

Ah well, I stand corrected then. :salute:

Cool name

Arcane
@ Norfleet: I do thank you greatly for the clarification and the warning. I am one hundred percent perfectionist turtle so I will have to try my best not to hit the issue. I am very grateful that you did tell me about this. :)

Norfleet

Ayup, so you play just like me. You were going to run into this if not warned in advance for sure, I imagine. It's made MUCH worse by the way the game ENCOURAGES you to turtle rather than advance, as advancing triggers events which can be brutally punishing. So you're prodded to do things like constructing an enormous military in advance, which, of course, requires an enormous mineral throughput. So when you turn what the designers EXPECTED you to build as just a tiny mining output into a giant stripmine...

Cool name

Arcane
The game does hate me.

Three out of five times I do start the game it does crash when I do try to skip the introduction. When I do manage to get into the game I can't go more than fourty five minutes, at times as little as fifteen minutes, before the graphics or the sound do start to bug out and I do need to restart for it to work as intended. Then there are weirder bugs. Once all the moons on Klaatoo did become Barada until I did restart. The game did corrupt my save and the name of the last planet, Qri, is now 'Qrie..............................................Rang' or something. And then there are the times in which the game does hang up and does stop to respond. A few minutes later it does begin to respond again... Sometimes. Other times it does not and I do lose all progress.

It wasn't like this when I did begin. The bugs do seem to get worse the more I play.

Do please be patient with the updates. I am not feeling too well as of late and the game's behaviour does not help me keep a good rythm.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Do please be patient with the updates. I am not feeling too well as of late and the game's behaviour does not help me keep a good rythm.
Take care, we will wait for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom