Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD - Part 71: Phex Temple 15 - WTF Ending

If a party member dies, we should:

• Total voters

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
:avatard:

Eriador

Arbiter
Also, we ran out of volunteers again... seriously.

Not that it matters right now, since there's not a temple anywhere near.

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 37: The Fake D20

wNbwyu1.jpg

While in Lowangen, we dind one merchant in town who does sell boots. Everyone gets a pair.

vs6yrU8.jpg

Well, wait? Maybe something interesting will happen.

:obviously: Within seconds, you are surrounded by the wretches of the streets. They harrass you, begging for scraps and for money. Those closest to you have started nestling your purse strings.

Aww, poor people, they are hungry! We'll give them something!

eupZSDb.jpg

Specifically, 10 food packs.

:obviously: The beggars start fighting amongst themselves for your alms. This gives you an opportunity to leave the market again.

But why leave? We are good samaritans, trying to help the people-

:obviously: Suddenly, knives appear out of nowhere!

:hmmm:

LmBmwKK.jpg

Well, it appears we have to slaughter them all, because they suddenly turned aggressive. They stand no chance against us!

jOp8YBt.jpg

I wanted to help them... :negative:

lGAjdW4.jpg

Oooh, Vindaria has the fake D20! We need that for our dice collection. We'll put right next to the real one!

7LcRMsZ.jpg

Yes, why would anyone ever go to Blood Peaks and most of all, Blood Pinnacle, that place is literally hell.

...we have to go there. :negative:

PcrZaGk.jpg

Let's pay a visit to Vindaria.

L7WWvFC.jpg

Oh, she is shy. Well, no time to be antisocial now, Vindaria!

ImgZb62.jpg

Weould be better if it was Morkar and Boreale, but whatever.

:obviously: Some figures that were sitting around a table have jumped up to confront you.

almLsdJ.jpg

She has friends over, how nice!

1H6Wnt2.jpg

Let's play. Vazha greets one of her friends with a battleaxe to the face.

aDeU2qG.jpg

Morkar crits the other one.

s7OayQ8.jpg

Grimgravy bans him.

duvKNjx.jpg

vazha then goes to greet Vindaria herself, who is very shy and kep avoiding us in favor of shooting poisoned bolts.

o1w1LcL.jpg

Then Morkar sends his regards and crits her.

5zE4I97.jpg

Helly performs a noscope and a couple rounds later, we win.

z97bHCR.jpg

Sure we do!

f9q49rK.jpg

Yay! We have the fake D20 now! Wonder if those LARPers wanna steal this one too?

WQh4cbs.jpg

Yeah, nothing else to do in Lowangen. Time to leave!

...I miss Lowangen. :negative:

Eriador

Arbiter
Helly is fine. Grimgravy too and I can't imagine getting as far as I did without him.

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 38: Blood Pinnacle 1 - We Lose Our Stuff AGAIN!

Well, a lot of people mentioned Blood Peaks, so there has to be something interesting in there. Time to go!

SnafaiK.jpg

On the way there, we have lot's of random encounters. In this one, Helly oneshots an orc.

S73NWoP.jpg

Also, everyone keeps getting sick.

Zqud2zf.jpg

I guess it's because it's winter now.

JXdXujL.jpg

Great, more stalkers.

gb0dyKl.jpg

This gnome hates Boreale's guts.

WtVDkwa.jpg

This isn't the place we're looking for. I travel all around the western part of the map before I finally manage to find it. Though not the optimal route.

KtlYJKS.jpg

Sometimes, we are attacked by huge groups of orcs.

R8XJeBn.jpg

Of course, they can't stand against our might!

VGXqZnZ.jpg

:argh:

Jlv9NyW.jpg

kQ1JgUH.jpg

:obviously: Helly is about twenty paces away from the animal, when it suddenly lifts its head and looks straight into his eyes. Then it vanishes into the forest with some wide leaps.

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!

He rolled a 20, so it was autofailure.

YlVYJP1.jpg

Hide?

:obviously: Once, Grimgravy thinks he saw a movement, but that seems to have been a mistake. No one else saw anything despite an intensive search. Even so, when you finally want to give up and return to the road, every one of you finds a large arrow stuck in their backpack. Peculiarly enough, these arrows do not have a head...

Well, fine, maybe shout and announce ourselves?

Nx9LLsk.jpg

Smartass...

We walk on and nothing happens.

ybSRAsh.jpg

:obviously: About one hundred paces into the wood, you come upon the corpse of an old man. Beside the body, you find a large, broken hammer of the sort needed to cold work soft metals...

We can bury him or continue on. We bury him.

:obviously: You bury the old man and continue your journey with a clear conscience.

I think it raises our favor with Boron?

PBlz74f.jpg

Much later, we learn that we can't get to Tiefhusen this way.

pJzubOS.jpg

That asshole gnome really hates Boreale...

q1bzsGk.jpg

HzkvkQk.jpg

Then we fought some wolves and Helly got rabies. He had to wait 3 days, until someone finally managed to cure him.

doxGuDl.jpg

Well, we have some sweets, right?

PhJfBnQ.jpg

Ok, guess not...

2ntmH2o.jpg

exjsEwt.jpg

:obviously: "Would you mind if I warm up at your fire for a bit?" the visitor asks before you have a chance to get a better impression of him.

We ask him what he's doing here.

:obviously: "Normally, this is a good time to catch weasles and similar game. You know, beasts with pelts you can sell for a good price. But I haven't had any luck so far tonight."

Ok then, you can stay, but you're not cooking anything!

:obviously: The guy sits down by the campfire and starts telling you about his efforts with some very accurate descriptions of the surrounding area. But when his stomach starts to growl, he interrupts himself. "You wouldn't happen to have a bit of food for me?"

We have enough. What's he gonna tell us?

:obviously: After you dig up something edible from a backpack, your guest digs in. While he consumes his meal with obvious delight, he continues describing the paths of the area. In doing that, he mentions the "great Thasch pass" quite often. Finally, he has fin ished his meal and sets off on his travels again.

Ok, nothing useful. But atleast he didn't poison us like that druid.

KCaT5nF.jpg

We get the option to donate half of our money.

:obviously: When you throw half your coins into the river asking for the blessing of the gods, you notice a lizard sitting on a rock in the water. The rainbow above you seems to reflect in the green scales of the animal, and all of a sudden a feeling of physical well-being without equal rushes through your bodies.

Yes, that was related to Tsa, but it didn't seem to heal us or anything like that.

fqP870d.jpg

Well, let's not risk it.

:obviously: After a while, a high-pitched shriek rends the quiet. The lynx has found its prey...

:obviously: But the screaming has attracted two saber-tooth tigers, which in turn see you as pray…

:argh:

R7ui817.jpg

Well, they are pretty weak and no one got rabies from them.

0F7GHXO.jpg

Yeah, we are still being stalked. Probably by vazha's fangirls...

XqaZnVH.jpg

Hey, here's one of them right now!

cpljgyn.jpg

Ok, she's definitely crazy. Let's leave before she kidnaps vazha and forces him to marry her.

akdxzrc.jpg

And here's vazha's fanmail! Will he finally be worthy of HER?

7AJsIag.jpg

Since it's winter now, some paths can't be crossed without snowshoes. And we had enough problems locating normal shoes.

odx4nrx.jpg

Now we have to cross this. Let's be careful! We don't want to lose anyone-

XP4MluR.jpg

ylqgS31.jpg

:rage:

DvnbW2D.jpg

Well, after this, I wanted to save the game, but accidentally loaded it instead... Well, whatever. I guess we'll just continue like this. Hopefully this time we won't lose anyone-

uTiRAbN.jpg

...sorry vazha.

A3XPZC2.jpg

As you can see, everyone is devastated by his loss. Especially Boreale.

WEv2q9L.jpg

Hey, vazha's fangirls are here!

NMip5EU.jpg

They seek to avengr his death and apparently, they blame us.

CfJth8w.jpg

Some of them are under control of the aventurian hivemind.

Qt0uv0y.jpg

Well, atleast they are rich.

eaX4jm9.jpg

We stop in Sibra to pick up our newest companion, Nevill's illegitimate son da_rays. Hopefully, he shall fare better then the last long-lost offspring that joined our party and his late father.

ai5sQ9z.jpg

CIEHokh.jpg

Nothing interesting either. No clue as to where we are supposed to go...

eLbCXBE.jpg

I guess this might be it?

LDzPAn5.jpg

...or not.

ivm7aqt.jpg

At this point, we need to try everything.

Xa3Bthw.jpg

:obviously: One of the Orcs, quite obviously the captain, addresses you: "You prisoners of Ugorzzih, you surrender or you're finished!"

73P2NuR.jpg

Tbh, I think you get captured no matter what you choose.

:obviously: The captain orders some of the other Orcs to tie you up. After that, the Orcs fall on your baggage and don't even stop with your clothes you're just wearing. Only when you tell the captain, that you feel yourselves humilated by your nudeness, he allows you to put on again some old rags. You also get some things back, of which he believes they will help you marching. After that, he lets his men blindfold you.

:obviously: Because of the blindfolds, you cannot see what's going on around you. The Orcs are talking. Apparently they consider their next move. Suddenly, someone punches you: "You! This way!"

:obviously: For hours, the Orcs march you through the mounains without another word. In the night, the blackpelts take a break. You are given bread and water. You are extremely tired and fall asleep.

:obviously: You are wrenched from sleep by a kick in your side. Apparently, the Orcs are ready to march on. They manhandle you back on track, liberally interspersing their ministrations with strategic kicks.

:obviously: Around noon, you hear water gurgling. For some hours, your involuntary trip goes along some stream. Then, you are forced into the water which goes halfway up to your knees. After reaching the opposite bank, you leave the stream behind.

:obviously: Your involuntary journey takes you across the mountains. As you cannot see where you're going, you stumble and fall frequently, but the Orcs always get you back on your feet fast by kicking and manhandling you.

:obviously: In the evening, the Orcs take a break. The last few miles were very exhausting, as you are back in the mountains. After scarfing down some bread and water, you fall into a deep slumber.

:obviously: On the next day, the trek through the mounains continues. Finally, you reach a cave. After collecting numerous bruises from the stone walls of the corridors, you are relieved of the blindfolds. You hear a door being shut and locked behind you.

:obviously: Slowly, your eyes grow accustomed to the dim torch light falling into your cell from the corridor outside...

jrPD3eP.jpg

YnzNi6I.jpg

NlJj2lX.jpg

cU6Cens.jpg

Wait, what...

eixT3yZ.jpg

WWvaQip.jpg

Please, don't tell me-

fWYpEPI.jpg

83yB00A.jpg

These are the only weapons we have, as they took everything, including our magic items.

fs6I3xw.jpg

Well, say goodbye to Nevill, everyone! He's not gonna last much longer...

vazha

Arcane
Nooooooooo! Faaatheeeer!
Seriously, can Vazha come back as vengeful ghost and haunt his father for forsaking him (bastard or not)?
Also, another character: Boro (Shortened Boreale), illegitimate son of... Vazha! 12 year old juggler!

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 39: Blood Pinnacle 2 - Boreale Fails at Hiding

9ZOJR7l.jpg

Alright then, let's flee.

ZWmUsyC.jpg

G7qFqZJ.jpg

Nevill is now pretty much useless at using magic and keeps failing Foramen.

Our Rogue is useless for picking locks despite his 15 skill, because we don't have a lockpick and there are no alternatives to lockpicks in this game.

So, we mostly have to ram the doors instead with Boreale and Morkar. We can't open locked chests, because we can't force them open, there's no lockpicks around here and Nevill is on his deathbed.

uKi0zyv.jpg

7A2i4xw.jpg

In one of the other cells, we find another prisoner. Say hello to Praiodan, he'll accompany us here in this living nightmare. I give him that orc sabre we got, since he is the only one who has high skill with "Batons".

lKxdZXp.jpg

The other cells are mostly empty. Some have writing on the walls, but if that's relevant in any way to this dungeon, I haven't found a use for it.

fH5dTge.jpg

This is how we keep opening all of those doors without Foramen.

Ws3witm.jpg

Y8RI5Z9.jpg

3RAx5d5.jpg

Here, we found another potential companion. I'm sure that the 8 of us can get through this just fine-

lLgui22.jpg

GEEZ, FINE! Just stop crying already!

:obviously: "I'm glad. You will not regret this", said Praiodan with relief.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that.

:obviously: You say goodbye to Thurazz.

Maybe we should've taken that orc along, he seemed way more badass. Well, too late now.

Oq2qDh7.jpg

In the next cell, we find some potential loot, so... yes!

Ew1ZuAr.jpg

How do you know that, da_rays, you weren't there. Are you one of our stalkers? In fact, you've just joined the group moments before we found the Blood Pinnacle, after vazha's tragic demise-

Waaait a minute, I know who he is! He is a secret cultist of Borbarad, sent to recover the Salamander Stone after these idiots got captured and just blew his cover in front of everyone. Maybe vazha's demise wasn't an accident. Fortunatelly for him, the othe party members too stupid to notice, but I'm on to you!

fHfNOwj.jpg

FDILPbZ.jpg

The D20 is ours once again! Now, we just have to make sure da_rays doesn't steal it after his sudden, yet inevitable betrayal. So I give the D20 to Boreale, he should keep it safe and he is level 8 now. I taught him to read, so that he doesn't embarass us anymore.

QK8lA0C.jpg

This also happens from time to time.

MHmxAPX.jpg

Dm9mOi5.jpg

The game only rolls for Boreale, so I guess it picks the character with lowest Hide skill. Boreale has -2 in Hide. :negative:

FVmFGSt.jpg

We can't go this way, since the game crashes everytime we go through this door. :argh:

X3Udfgt.jpg

On the way back from that glitched door, we encounter another patrol.

7mFcOIt.jpg

We have to fight them because of Boreale, but that's okay, perhaps they will drop something useful. Maybe even a lockpick!

...yeah, like that's gonna happen.

qOqyVUl.jpg

Praiodan and the agent of decline da_rays are the only ones who have weapons, but it's not like they do much more damage then everyone else, who has to punch orcs to death, since their weapons suck.

JbmWqMi.jpg

Nevill is useless, as he can't manage to cast Horriphobus or indeed, any spell. They also drop him in two lucky hits. Grimgravy is a godsend, since his banhammer is as powerful as ever.

e0Uzeu8.jpg

Bows... well, atleast Helly can noscope again. Grimgravy takes the other one, but most of his time will be occupied by swinging the banhammer as usual.

PDEptt0.jpg

We can't treat Nevill's wounds right now and I don't want to waste AE on a useless magician with Blue Cough (or whatever it's called now), so let's hope he doesn't die until we can finally heal him again. Grimgravy picks up Nevill's responsibilities and provides light, so that we have an automap.

xZVovDm.jpg

eOpEirL.jpg

Charming place. There's nothing in the coffin and the chest is the only thing we can interact with.

iy0SPRb.jpg

It's also one of those magical chests that can't be picked or opened with Foramen, so we can't do anything here until we find the key.

xhr0UIS.jpg

The secret agent of decline da_rays swears terrible vengeance upon this chest and the fools he has to deal with. He will stab us in the back, sooner or later, and deliver the Salamander Stone to his dark lord to gain POWAAAAH!

njZWRPA.jpg

When we enter the door on the left, we trigger a fight.

jJpyOaJ.jpg

Bunch of orcs with one Shaman.

2xcEp3m.jpg

4TKXpv1.jpg

The wise shaman knows all about da_rays and the terrible evil he serves, so his first act is to oneshot him with Ignifaxius to stop his evil schemes.

PH6bmXj.jpg

Unfortunately, before the noble orc shaman can explain this to our "heroes", Grimgravy bans him and the others make short work of his followers.

3pL48qA.jpg

Yay, a staff for Nevill- oh, wait. :negative:

UaaWZhZ.jpg

The key is called Golden spectacled key and it doesn't open that chest we've found.

5n7XR5J.jpg

Helly saves the life of da_rays the Borbarad cultist and in his ignorance seals the doom of this world.

M6K3xiT.jpg

Also, Nevill almost died.

tNNZn3C.jpg

Let's hope we find some food and water before we get hungry and thirsty.

(SPOILERS: we don't find anything)

Last edited:

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 40: Blood Pinnacle 3 - DOGGIES!

VplnQnG.jpg

Hey, maybe there's food!

:obviously: You even push aside the spoiled and rotting food, albeit with an expression of distaste, you don't find anything to interest. On the other hand, this room is so uninteresting and easy to overlook that it is almost a perfect hiding place...

Hey, why so picky when we are already almost starving to death? Leftover vegetables and dead rats sound good enough to me!

vEOiI0q.jpg

See, this is what happens when you are too picky!

We'll be parched for the rest of this dungeon. Atleast as far as I got, because I can't get through that glitched door.

HCq7qpL.jpg

Yay, who can it be?

g3MfEYm.jpg

Doggies! :shittydog:

ZBZa9sK.jpg

Cute doggies, wanna play?

WK6N0vM.jpg

Sit!

mGbDFGG.jpg

Awww, you want to rid us of that evil traitor, well done!

4x15FBo.jpg

Soon, they are too tired to play anymore, so we win.

fPe6IRO.jpg

Sure, after all, I'm not the one who actually has to dig through all of this. :smug:

6SWUGOx.jpg

What, no awesome fiery sword of decapitation in here? Totally not realistic! :argh:

1vwMLSL.jpg

Also, da_rays the rogue Borbarad cultist almost died of thirst.

uzR5uuo.jpg

We manage to save him, so that he may continue to plot our party's doom, but everyone else starts dying of thirst too.

0oLVwAs.jpg

We have to Treat Wounds of everyone everytime they take damage from lack of water to keep everyone alive. Later on, we also start starving to death, so we have to play this exciting minigame of "click and pray". Yes, it's annoying as hell. But everyone has decent Treat Wounds and high attributes, so despite the negative modifiers from Stink and Parched, we can manage to survive without water. Luckily, Praiodan is secretly an evil undead sorcerer and an accomplice of da_rays and thus doesn't require food, water or any sustenance other then our suffering.

RrrLgok.jpg

TajeWEU.jpg

MORE DOGGIES! :shittydog:

T1xPCBG.jpg

They wanna play catch with Helly, but they suck at it.

After we finish playing with the doggies, we can search the room.

PJ59lQD.jpg

Well, what do you think?

E2PSjXs.jpg

It's magical, as Grimgravy can tell, but dead Nevill can't cast Analytica, so we don't know what it does (not that living Nevill would be much better at magic).

3IrC2dA.jpg

Yay, everyone is Parched now! Fun!

ivNgmtU.jpg

Damn it, Boreale! :argh:

hAh1UPp.jpg

Well, time to ban some orcs, I guess.

Pw96OuJ.jpg

Well, this upgrades Boreale from a deadweight into the second useful member of the party, right after Grimgravy.

D6eixuy.jpg

We find lots of chests around the place, but they are always locked, can't be forced open, da_rays still doesn't have a lockpick and dead Nevill can't cast Foramen any better then when he was alive.

XFmc3qK.jpg

I keep marking these chests on my map, so that we know to return there later. I don't know when later will be, most likely never.

Hey, maybe one of those locked chests is full of lockpicks!

d8QK2FS.jpg

ZOMG, WE ARE DOOMED!

ULEaD4M.jpg

Wait, what.

qZSXGch.jpg

Well, that was anticlimatic. One noscope from Helly is all it took.

He had a spear that no one except Helly can really use, but Helly already has a bow, so...

AspDRRk.jpg

Note that we don't actually rest in this dungeon. If we did, we'd die of starvation.

9IqoACp.jpg

RBWTbNz.jpg

What's gonna be here, I wonder?

YkdkcsN.jpg

A gate with specific key required...

2PO7TgP.jpg

Level 2? That's the way to go, I guess.

da_rays

Augur
Kicking chest and taking fireball like a chief :shittydog: Gotta love the creativity when lacking lockpit.

Since im leading the paranoid group to an unknown lvl 2 orks deathpit , what could go wrong?

Hoping for a harder set of boot lockpit set soon! Or some late night drive in. Everybody got the munchie

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 41: Blood Pinnacle 4 - OGRES!

k7QlwRq.jpg

We are now at level 2.

d4tPECq.jpg

And still dehydrated. Wonder what we're gonna fight next?

puJYbKm.jpg

:what:

7QgUM0V.jpg

Well, this is unfortunate...

EJc8Go9.jpg

Thankfully, Grimgravy can ban every ogre, so Boreale and Helly don't have to do all the work.

UQ0GtxD.jpg

Yay, an obvious trap!

RaeNkdN.jpg

Why Grimgravy? He's not the one in front, take the evil mastermind- I mean, our loyal companion da_rays!

oebbaLB.jpg

The arrows stay hovering in midair and it takes quite a while for them to despawn. The trap triggers everytime we walk past it, which is annoying.

cc2fdzk.jpg

Yay, more treasure we can't loot! Maybe those chests are full of food, wine and lockpicks? They just here, yet as far as we are concerned, they might as well be on the moon.

3IlSx0v.jpg

Oh, maybe it has herbs!

2WNPzxk.jpg

We have to defeat some more ogres before we can look for herbs.

7FlfXV6.jpg

Also, female orcs.

kvP25El.jpg

Well, better start banning then.

OkmMTJv.jpg

They do a lot of damage. Tbh, enemies always seem to target da_rays for some reason. I guess they know about his secret allegiances and are trying to stop him before he dooms the world.

ztLgazh.jpg

Also, Boreale is as badass as ever.

XnkiFGQ.jpg

And Helly noscopes like a champ.

TSYPxWF.jpg

We've won! What will we get? :shittydog:

qq5MgRC.jpg

Yay, an axe for vazha- oh, wait.

Well, Morkar can sure use that sword.

0JgLq7z.jpg

I don't know what this does, as I forgot about it. I guess I will have to return here later.

wckUfM7.jpg

If there are any herbs here, they are in this unpickable chest. :negative:

D3ph6CG.jpg

6mD90PU.jpg

APNxRQx.jpg

Might as well take some.

84mbxK1.jpg

We also run into several orcish patrols on the way. One of them again consists of a lone orc scout. He doesn't last very long.

TbNErl1.jpg

In addition to being parched, we are now also starving. Which means lots of penalties and constant damage.

AJbLkpT.jpg

NFPhv46.jpg

GIHNnJH.jpg

The next orc patrol gives us a sword for Praiodan.

Nd9cvy1.jpg

rmRRvY5.jpg

Also, we still have to go through this every few in-game hours. I don't know how long we've been here, but we have slept at all since we've left our cell.

0Bx4USW.jpg

Maybe it has good weapons and armor? Or maybe even LOCKPICKS?

LZMqACW.jpg

Nope. :negative:

fOx2LQN.jpg

Well, this has to be good, right?

5OfpvEr.jpg

If this is a "good" mace then I don't want to see what a bad mace is. Seriously.

u2YZSE4.jpg

Erm, what does this mean? Orcs worship Ingerimm?

IIQT563.jpg

We search it, but apparently, there's nothing useful here.

dZUEKHB.jpg

Another orc patrol, this time with more ogres!

eCKtegy.jpg

They still target da_rays every time and now even oneshot him.

ZsbO1fq.jpg

Well, atleast we got some armor.

UU42Wcf.jpg

Can't treat him right now, hopefully he doesn't-

Vcj9oho.jpg

Yeah, ok, our evil Borbarad-worshipping rogue starved to death while unconcious. Or maybe this is just another part of his plan to bring doom upon our party. He shall return, stronger then ever!

pjgpRJy.jpg

Just have to make sure everyone else gets through this, or we'll run out of Codexians.

n2kxUpT.jpg

Let's see what this does.

f075o8K.jpg

...what?

KkJGX5K.jpg

Is this some sort of pun that works in german but fails utterly flat in the english version?

pCncrtg.jpg

Yeah, it was either this or it would trigger some horrible trap.

Eriador

Arbiter
It's in those locked chests, along with all of their lockpicks :troll:.

I do eventually find some food, but it's nowhere near enough for us.

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 42: Blood Pinnacle 5 - You Must Patch The Game (before venturing forth)

inoOPBB.jpg

We come across this great hall full of orcs.

VeS0Ydp.jpg

C4YeKz1.jpg

w2UqSdC.jpg

If we venture inside, then at first, this happens.

R84qZfR.jpg

If we venture any further, we trigger combat with loads of orcs we can't hope to defeat. I don't know if it's automatic or if it depends on sneak skill.

UnLqVUM.jpg

Fleeing is useless, as if you do manage to flee, you instantly trigger the battle again.

ZcJZl9t.jpg

9E1EqlP.jpg

After a reload, I enter the hall via another entrance and try that invisibility spell, then I send Grimgravy alone past the hall.

FDTfAwM.jpg

Nope, doesn't change a thing. Well, alright then, I guess we'll just have to avoid this place.

LZS0BdK.jpg

We'll just have go around and crit smaller groups of orcs with Boreale's axe.

LfJUvgA.jpg

Poisoned? Great...

rXyLXuZ.jpg

Thankfully, this is just a weak type of poison that expires after the battle.

IcXdpLm.jpg

But don't worry, Boreale now has Traumatic Fever, so we won't lose the fun of YET ANOTHER periodic damage.

ZcQZaUS.jpg

We also find the toilets, but there's nothing interesting here.

lm1p7W4.jpg

We return all the way back to where we started to explore the other direction. I walk around the pit trap by hugging the right wall.

jupRVZJ.jpg

tXSL41F.jpg

Oh look, it seems there was a food store near the cells, in the other direction! :negative:

MeAl0lX.jpg

Well, it's just 15 supply packs, which wouldn't make that much of a difference.

PGLNmw6.jpg

Also, as soon as I pick it up, everyone pounces on it like a bunch of rabid tigers, so we only have 3 supply packs left.

2jPXx8l.jpg

Well, this room kinda looks like a kitchen, which means food and hopefully water, but the game crashes anytime I enter this room, so... I guess we'll have to wait until they patch this!

From what I've heard, it's due to some new Unity update or something. Still annoying.

da_rays

Augur
Hiding , eating , drinking , sleeping is clearly all for pussies :obviously:

And from what ive seen , the biggest challenge so far to the easiest : Bugs , food and water then big ass ogres.

what an awesome group of anorexia plagued adventurer! We'll all become model in Thorwal afterward :bounce:

Righ right....ive mixed the words Model with ''mummified death'' and Thorwal with ''deathpit for hungry adventurer. And afterward with ''right F$@&ing now'' . Typos .

Eriador

Arbiter
Alright, the patch has arrived. Turns out, only the kitchen was actually inaccessible due to that crash glitch. There was a well inside to provide an endless supply of water and some food. Would've been nice to have, but somehow, I've managed to survive without it.

I did manage to find the exit from the dungeon. Turns out, it was behind a fake wall near that "triple somersault" lever. There's a lot of locked doors we don't have the keys for, but we got the Salamander Stone and that's all we need, so I've decided to leave that place for now.

I'm now inside the Phex dungeon to get Star Trail and boy, I guess I'm not that good at riddles or logical puzzles. I seriously have no clue what to do next and everyone's already starving and parched.

I can't follow a walkthrough, since this place was complety redone compared to the original and it's pretty much 99% new, so the only thing I could do would be to browse the german official forums with google translate to find some tips...

I'm thinking about reloading and going to Tholmjar instead to finish the main quest. We can return to do that Star Trail quest in Phex Temple sometime later, if it's like Blade of Destiny HD then you can continue to play after you've beaten the game.

Well, I hope I can do that atleast.

Eriador

Arbiter
It also doesn't help matters that some riddles seem to require knowledge of the setting, which in my case is fairly limited.

I've found some scrolls which might contain clues, but we've lost our new magician to some trap by accident and everyone else's Read skill of 4 isn't enough to read them, so I don't know if they do contain clues or if they are just alchemy recipes and the skill they lack is actually Alchemy...

So, what do you think, finish the main quest, then return later or try to push through?

Eriador

Arbiter
Things I'm stuck with

hZWF7Qv.jpg

w6Kl4BY.jpg

GuKP0z7.jpg

GSZBAHu.jpg

This is as far as I got and it obviously isn't the right solution. One time, I accidentaly missed the spot that triggers the puzzle event, which resulted in the two dead party members.

Basically, you have to fill the whole board with the plates, but the plates can't be adjanced (or diagonaly adjanced) to a tile or plate of the same color (nor can you place a plate on a tile with the same color). When you place a plate on the tile, the color of the plate replaces the color of that tile.

I think it works like that, atleast.

1Hy4N2x.jpg

This room is full of these tiles you can walk on.

P4MNN7y.jpg

WZi79xM.jpg

I guess you have to walk on them in a certain order and this is some kind of clue?

B8OrHXh.jpg

14zi7fJ.jpg

EeAkdi6.jpg

bEXdCTS.jpg

bjzy7yk.jpg

GHMzGXa.jpg

I have no idea what this is. There are two of these and one has some kind of stone on top of it, but whenever I walk away from it, Praiodan's Curiosity is triggered, he tries to take that stone and it vanishes. There are some hidden walls near these two and I think this opens them.

There's also some "altar" you can donate money too, some dude speaking gibberish with whom you can gamble and a door with no lock, which I think requires some item to get past.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Elementary, my dear Watson

w6Kl4BY.jpg

EDIT: NVM misread instructions - yeah I'm pretty sure this is just a big trial and error endurance test tbh, like a sliding tile puzzle more or less

P4MNN7y.jpg

Each first letter of each word is a cardinal direction: We Will Wander - 3x West. So it's the path you must follow. W W W W S N S W W S S E W

No idea about finger sticking tho :M

Last edited:

Eriador

Arbiter
That colored tile puzzle isnt neccessary I think, since I can already just walk through it and take minor damage. It's annoying though.

Btw. right now, the only surving party members are Reinhardt the female dwarf and Boreale. Everyone else died of thirst.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom