Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play: Rage of Mages 2 (The End)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Two dragon multi-headed dick rape sure was very
xBFFG.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rom2617.jpg

Our destination.

rom2618.jpg

rom2619.jpg

rom2620.jpg

rom2621.jpg

rom2622.jpg

The bourgeois pigs are breeding superpowered animals to oppress the working class!

Well then, let's see this super dangerous game.

rom2623.jpg

OH NOES, BONER SNAKES.

rom2624.jpg

TURTLES. OH GOD NO, THIS IS HORRIBLE.

rom2625.jpg

And some guy who looks pretty clueless.

rom2626.jpg

rom2627.jpg

rom2628.jpg

rom2629.jpg

rom2630.jpg

rom2631.jpg

Pff! We're X-TREME and don't fear any stupid animals, so we're gonna go east. Or no, we're gonna go east and backtrack north for ultimate X-TREMISM!

rom2633.jpg

Meanwhile, we proceed with turtle holocaust.

rom2634.jpg

And I guess we stepped on the 'eastern path', as more packed up monsters appear.

rom2635.jpg

There were like 10 or more trolls coming in short intervals to get me here.

rom2636.jpg

Wooo, lizards. Did I mention that they also get invisible? Funny thing, I think it's the first time I noticed it.

rom2637.jpg

Shit, one got through our lines and KO'd Dina.

rom2638.jpg

But a quick medical intervention gets her back on her feet.

rom2639.jpg

Great. A dragon.

rom2640.jpg

And another one.

rom2641.jpg

And one more.

rom2642.jpg

Ogre scum.

rom2643.jpg

That's what you get for carelessness. Oh well, Dina had it coming.

rom2644.jpg

Lotsa ogres, and some more hiding in the fog of war. Fortunately, they're all retarded and a single bush allows us to fight only one at a time while the others are burned alive.

rom2645.jpg

Wolves. Guess we just stepped on the 'northern' path.

rom2646.jpg

Here Igles almost got stung to death by a mob of giant bees, since I thought I can make him go without support given his iddqd.

rom2647.jpg

Another clueless guy.

rom2648.jpg

Faggot. And this concludes the north path. I wouldn't call it exactly easier since it had all the mobs of ogres, which are, I think, more difficult than trolls, but whatever.

rom2649.jpg

We return to the dragon area, as it has the path to the king's cabin.

rom2650.jpg

We're watching you... scum.

rom2651.jpg

That is a lot of people here. Even Igles's uncle is present, and since this is totally not a trap, I'd better place the mages next to him in case something breaks out.

rom2652.jpg

And here's the king.

rom2653.jpg

Igles goes straight to the point.

igles4.jpg
First question. Are you indeed the king to whom they had sworn allegiance? Nobody has seen your face since long, long ago. Second question. Why was your crown broken and its parts scattered all over the Allod? My friends and I have collected the parts, and it's no doubt that it's the crown of Yases. And the third question. Why...

rom2657.jpg

rom2658.jpg

HOLYSHITPLOTTWIST

rom2659.jpg

Meanwhile, a hueg clusterfuck breaks out among the knights. It's a free for all around here.

rom2660.jpg

rom2661.jpg

rom2662.jpg

The king is dead, long live the king. Before leaving, we do some looting.

rom2663.jpg

The king dropped a full crystal plate set, but we take only the gauntlets, since everything else is inferior to our current stuff.

rom2664.jpg

He also dropped this pretty neat shield to which we'll hold on to. Also a crystal two hander, but it's non-enchanted, and thus, sucky.

rom2666.jpg

We're back to Kaarg. People are in turmoil.

rom2667.jpg

rom2668.jpg

rom2669.jpg

rom2670.jpg

rom2671.jpg

Meanwhile, in the tavern we get a new hireling. Yup, it's a catapult, like the one in the Rebel Stronghold mission.

rom2672.jpg

rom2673.jpg

Uncle also wants a word with us.

rom2674.jpg

igles4.jpg
This is an unthinkable disgrace to the Allod! The necromancers shall pay for it, I swear! All of them, starting with the master of the guild and finishing with the youngest initiate!

Igles is calling an exterminatus.

uncle.jpg
Great Mage Urd is the master of the guild. No one is more powerful than he is. Be warned that he'll take no prisoners! We must win or we will surely die!

igles4.jpg
I'm ready!

kc5.jpg
We're all ready!

uncle.jpg
Then you heard your orders! Take out Urd and rescue the Allod!!

rom2680.jpg

In the Ancient Woods there's only some meaningless flavour dialogue. It's like they are not even aware of what's happening.

rom2681.jpg

rom2682.jpg

The tavern doesn't hold anything new, neither does the shoppe.

rom2683.jpg

There it is, folks. The moment of glory. Stay tuned for the epic final battle.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
You really need a death count to see how many times you were raped. So the plottwist is that the king was a zombie. OH NOES!! WHO COULD PREDICT THAT, WITH A GUILD OF NEGRODANCERS HAVING SO MUCH POWER!!

If it was a Biowhorian twist your main character somehow would be the lost son of the king, I'm sure.

spekkio

Arcane
Great job, Darth Roxor.
I'm looking forward to witness the final mission of "Pimping of Mages 2" - LP.

:salute:

zappater

Novice
That town guard must be a codex member. Actually Rage of Mages seems like a game secretly designed by the codex...

Well lets kick som mage butt and then I guess you become the next high mage of Allod and turn UBER AWESOME? Igles is crowned king and that girl, well she is thrown into some kitchen where she belongs.
Please say I am wrong, except about that kitchen part, that cant be wrong.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rom2684.jpg

Before we leave, we would be wise to get as much support as possible.

rom2685.jpg

rom2686.jpg

rom2687.jpg

rom2688.jpg

rom2689.jpg

rom2690.jpg

rom2691.jpg

rom2692.jpg

rom2693.jpg

rom2694.jpg

The last day dawns.

rom2695.jpg

igles4.jpg
This is good news indeed. Now that our forces are joined, our victory is certain!

Great, this means they've forgotten about their grudges, and...

knight.jpg
All right, but I must be sure that the druids will not defy me in battle. Let them pledge their obedience to me like my warriors do.

Oh shit...

druid4.jpg
You've got quite an attitude, warrior. Would you also require us to demonstration our submission by kissing your boots? Your attack still echoes in the ancient woods. Be thankful we were merciful enough not to strike back!

mage2.jpg
Right... you only forced dragons and serpents to butcher my soldiers! My husband died in your damn woods, and you babble about mercy here?! What can you possibly know about human feelings? Your blood must be as green as the leaves you're wrapped in!

kc5.jpg
What is going on here? Come back to your senses immediately! This is neither the time nor place to bring up old hostilities!

druid4.jpg
This woman shall pay dearly for saying that. I am not going to take any insults from a bunch of idiots who've been serving a rotting zombie corpse for all these years!

Ouch.

knight.jpg
And I am sick of listening to a scornful know-it-all who can only hide behind someone else's back. There are no trolls or dragons here... Let's just see what you're worth in a fair battle!

rom2706.jpg

Aaaand major clusterfuck ensues.

rom2707.jpg

Dina gets caught in the crossfire

We have to take everyone and pull back to the edge of the map if we want them to survive.

KC speaks up after a second or two,

rom2708.jpg

But to no avail

druid5.jpg
Our enemy is right here! Remember how we treated you in the Woods and join us against the knights!

knight.jpg
Igles! Why aren't your friends joining with us? Have you decided to betray us? So be it! KILL THE DRUIDS!!!

druid4.jpg
Down with the knights!!

rom2713.jpg

It's best to just stay back and wait for the clusterfuck to end.

rom2714.jpg

kc5.jpg
Nothing good now, I suppose. The war between Kaarg and the Ancient Woods will go on. Also, our campaign against Urd will become more difficult, as there are no knights left to join us.

igles4.jpg
As sad it is to admit, much of the blame was theirs. Damn our red-blooded arrogance! Nevertheless, we must adhere to our oath.

rom2719.jpg

Whatev. Who gives a fuck about knightly cannon fodder when we get 4 extra casters? We now have 8 casters. Just try to stop us, undead hordes.

So we follow the road and meet some fairly regular encounters.

rom2720.jpg

rom2721.jpg

rom2722.jpg

rom2723.jpg

Pff, bats.

rom2724.jpg

HOLY SHIT.

Could this be what I think it is?

rom2725.jpg

Yep. You see, there is a single skeleton warrior among the bats. But it's not just any skeleton warrior. It's a level 5 skeleton warrior. Level 5 creatures are pretty much superpowered, and there are only two instances of them appearing in the whole game - the skeleton here, and the quest where a dragon wanted to lure us to its nest with a 'boohoo, my tower is under siege' mage. If you remember, the moment we crossed the first bridge, we'd get gangbanged by a mob of bats that dealt 200 damage each hit. They were also level 5. This skeleton, however, does 3000 damage per hit, which is instagib for everything.

So the plan is this: Dina equips her stone curse staff and keeps the bastard immobilised, while we unleash all guns on its head.

rom2726.jpg

rom2727.jpg

Not only does this shit have like 45368349678349 hp, it also has a very high regeneration rate.

rom2728.jpg

But after like 10 minutes of fighting, it finally goes down.

rom2731.jpg

The next encounter is, fortunately, regular.

rom2732.jpg

rom2733.jpg

Bastards also had a catapult. But now that we have amazing superpowers, they aren't as deadly as the one in the Rebel Stronghold.

rom2734.jpg

An ogre. Also, crossroads.

rom2736.jpg

Some necromancers try to stop us. They fail.

rom2737.jpg

There used to be people here, but I guess corpses don't grow on trees. That is, if you disregard the hangman next to Igles.

rom2738.jpg

rom2739.jpg

rom2740.jpg

Some art deco, but this road is very much a dead end.

rom2741.jpg

Ogres overwhelm Igles

rom2742.jpg

But rescue comes soon.

rom2743.jpg

Some sort of camp dead ahead.

rom2744.jpg

rom2745.jpg

But it's also a dead end. Guess we'll have to check out the wilderness.

rom2746.jpg

Succubi.

rom2748.jpg

A whole mob of them, too.

rom2750.jpg

Some mountain range. Guess we'll have to follow it to uncover some passage.

rom2751.jpg

Oh noes, trolls.

rom2752.jpg

The problem with this mission is that there aren't many chokepoints, and our legion of characters is a magnet for all sorts of stuff, so tanking is a little harder. Fortunately, we have the knight merc and the troll as auxilliary support.

rom2753.jpg

rom2754.jpg

Igles rushed one time too many.

rom2755.jpg

When I reloaded, it turned out I forgot to save after fighting the trolls, so I approached from the south, and the beasts decided to join the fight with the undead :smug:

rom2756.jpg

Let's see where this leads.

rom2757.jpg

Another catapult awaits hacking down.

rom2758.jpg

Meanwhile, our catapult and the troll get stuck. *shrug*

rom2759.jpg

HOLY SHIT, IT'S THAT GUY FROM THE BOX ART ON THE FIRST PAGE!!!

Yup, this is Urd.

rom2760.jpg

He also has a fair share of support, so rushing for great justice is not advised.

rom2762.jpg

So we just let Igles tank the skeleton while KC burns them down.

rom2763.jpg

Firewall doesn't do much to him, though. Let's see if Dina can use her staff of stone curse.

rom2764.jpg

Riiiiight, that's out of the equation then.

rom2765.jpg

Meanwhile, Igles dies to skeletons.

rom2766.jpg

KC encircles the whole mob and sends firewalls on the liches. This should eliminate the shadow clouds.

rom2767.jpg

So there's only Urd remaining. He has a friggin powerful life drain attack - it steals like 100 of Igles's hp. We'll have to unleash all guns on him.

rom2768.jpg

BTW, Urd has a pretty bitchin' tower.

rom2769.jpg

GET 'EM BOYZ

rom2770.jpg

SMASH. HACK. CHOP. STOMP.

rom2771.jpg

After a few minutes of stompin', he hits the dirt.

kc5.jpg
And I... I have completed the mission for Skrakan. But what happens now? Urd was a great mage, after all. His death endangers the whole Allod!

rom2773.jpg

kc5.jpg
Skrakan? You're here?! But how?

skrakan.jpg
No, I'm still on Uimoir, my friends. You're seeing only my image. I suspected that Urd was the cause of all the problems on the Allod, and I wasn't the only one. Many of the great mages were also suspicious of Urd. We discussed this, and one of us has decided to part with his most talented apprentice. A new great mage will arrive on Yases soon and protect the Allod. And now, my envoy may return to Uimoir...

kc5.jpg
I would prefer to stay here for a while. I've earned a reputation and found many new friends on Yases... Also, I believe I've finally found my purpose on Yases!

skrakan.jpg
Well, so be it. I hope you'll be able to help Igles end the war between Kaarg and the druids. I have only one more thing left to say then... Farewell! And may you live a life full of adventures!

rom2782.jpg

rom2783.jpg

Yeah, this was supposed to be the outro, but, unfortunately, RoM2 crashes during cinematics, and I couldn't find it on youtube, so there are only speculations here... but I guess it's just Urd falling to the ground and dying in an epic fashion and undead turning to dust and shit.

rom2784.jpg

Also, Kingcomrad didn't score too high on the hall of fame...

*roll credits*

And this is it, my friends! We have saved the Allod of Yases and completed our journey. But there are many questions that remain unanswered... I mean, how the hell did the pieces of the crown get on the fallen stars? What, the negrodancers shot them into space?!

Also, what happens with Yases now? There's no king after all. Guess there'll be a rise of democracy and shit :smug:

Anyway, this is the end. Hope you enjoyed it :salute:

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Hmm... rather disappointing! Still, great of you to finish the LP. I hoped for some more raep in the last quest, but ah well, can't have everything.

Again, props for finishing.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hmm... rather disappointing! Still, great of you to finish the LP. I hoped for some more raep in the last quest, but ah well, can't have everything.

I think the whole last level looks rushed, though. There's barely anything on the map except uninspired wasteland.

spekkio

Arcane
18 pages of dress-pimpin'...

:salute:

This "mission failed" screen surely burned into my brain...

Thank you very much for bringing this LP all the way to (a little bit disappointing) end.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, no more rape!

Well, after RoM2 Nival made Evil Islands, not exactly a sequel, but it was in the same setting. I remember raging very hard at the difficulty of that game, maybe Darth Roxor will want to make an LP :smug:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Hamster said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, no more rape!

Well, after RoM2 Nival made Evil Islands, not exactly a sequel, but it was in the same setting. I remember raging very hard at the difficulty of that game, maybe Darth Roxor will want to make an LP :smug:

I finished it years ago :smug:

It was rapetastic but only at start, the further in game you went, the easer it was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom