Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play: Rage of Mages 2 (The End)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Azira said:
Nice update! :thumbsup: So, will you finish up the source of magic quest once you have the crown?

No, I don't think so. I think I'll leave this for a very, very late part of the game

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Much? Well, I dunno. I don't remember the exact amount of missions, but we're now in like... the 2/3th or 3/4th, I think.

ShavenApe

Novice
Gondolin said:
Your mages still look like fucking clowns. DECLINE!
238356622_25NKU-L-2.jpg

238356799_jy85z-L-2.jpg

takillya

Novice
mages look great. they look like, you know...mages.
except for kingcomrade's hat, get rid of that :D

great LP so far. i remember i finished the source of magic right before the end of the game. that place is really f* up.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rom2058.jpg

Our destination.

(soundtrack for this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3id3Y9bFIj0)

rom2059.jpg

rom2060.jpg

rom2061.jpg

Here we are. The journey goes without many unusual things happening.

rom2063.jpg

And then we find some obvious trolls and a bat armada.

rom2064.jpg

Don't ask me how this happened, but I think I reacted to the bats a little too late.

rom2065.jpg

Next time more proper measures are used.

rom2066.jpg

Walking around, we find some fireballs flying into our faces. This probably means...

rom2067.jpg

DRAGON!!!1111

rom2068.jpg

The idea is the same as in the stone web. Encircle and shoot down with fire arrows. But we won't get any loot 'cause the scalie faggot is above water :x

rom2069.jpg

:warcraft voice: The orcs are approaching!

rom2070.jpg

Dina was nailed by enemy machine gun fire arrows.

rom2071.jpg

There sure is a lot of them.

rom2072.jpg

Oops.

rom2073.jpg

BURN THE WHOLE GD DOWN.

rom2074.jpg

Crap.

rom2075.jpg

rom2076.jpg

rom2077.jpg

Goddammit. Orcs in huge mobs are tough.

rom2078.jpg

But our napalm strikes soon overpower them.

rom2079.jpg

And there's nothing left except ashes and scorched earth.

rom2080.jpg

Well, okay, there's also this shaman. Hint: he's super useless. He does nothing but stare around and cast life drain.

When he dies and we loot the corpse...

rom2081.jpg

rom2082.jpg

Wait, that's it? Wow. That has to be the shortest and easiest main quest ever.

But before we leave...

rom2083.jpg

Check the stats on this shit. Necromancers will be nearly powerless against Igles now.

And now you might think 'well, the map seems huge, there should be more stuff to see here, right?'. Well, no. Not quite.

A quick recap of the rest of the map:

rom2086.jpg

Entering troll country.

rom2091.jpg

Some ogres.

rom2093.jpg

And goblins.

rom2095.jpg

Yeah, a winner is you. Notice the minimap. Guess it's obvious why this place is called the scarab wastes.

rom2096.jpg

This was supposed to be a cinematic of the crown reforging itself. But RoM2 likes to crash during cinematics and I had to quickly click through it.

rom2097.jpg

Back in Kaarg, there's flavour dialogue.

rom2098.jpg

rom2099.jpg

rom2100.jpg

rom2101.jpg

rom2102.jpg

rom2103.jpg

rom2104.jpg

And a negrodancer wants to see us in the tavern.

rom2105.jpg

necro3.jpg
His majesty is very concerned with your demonstrated lack of respect towards his loyal servants from the Necromancer Guild. It is even more disturbing considering your family tradition of faithful service to the kings of Yases. However, at the same time, His Majesty is pleased with your campaigns against the orcs. In light of recent events, His Majesty orders you to travel to the western region and participate in the suppression of a local rebellion which is being supported by throngs of demonic beasts. If you comply with this order, the King will be satisfied and his wrath shall not fall upon you or your family.

igles4.jpg
It was my duty to hear the King's order. However, I have no wish to tolerate your presence any longer. I've seen too many crimes committed by your brethren in remote parts of Yases. I believed that the guild was not aware, but the more I see, the more this belief fades.

necro3.jpg
If you could only comprehend how painful your words are, sir Igles! Yes, there is still some corruption among us, but please be assured that the guild is striving to purify its ranks. Of course, sometimes we make mistakes, but we are also willing to forgive the mistakes made by others. Otherwise, the guild would have prosecuted you long ago. Doing so would be well within our rights, and justified. Your actions haven't always been lawful, but the guild knows that you're a loyal servant to the King. Fulfill his order and you shall be forgiven.

Rrrrrrrright. The necromancers are obviously not up to anything fishy, aren't they?

Well, we go to the druids' camp, where more flavour dialogue awaits us.

rom2116.jpg

rom2117.jpg

rom2118.jpg

And a new quest from the ZZ Top druid.

rom2119.jpg

druid3.jpg
One of our scientists became so absorbed in his study of the orcs that he decided to move to the desert a while ago. We now call him the Orcologist.

kc3.jpg
A strange decision indeed. However, I do not see anything of interest to us in this information.

druid3.jpg
Well, his servant just recently arrived here with a letter requiring our assistance in an important matter. Frankly, I haven't been able to find a druid who would agree to leave our Woods and head out for the Desert, but after all, this scientist is one of us... To put it bluntly, I want you to go see the Orcologist and find out what he wants. It might be important for him.

dina2.jpg
Yes, of course we'll go! The scientists are a special breed of people. Helping him would be an honour.

igles4.jpg
I agree with Dina. If we have some spare time to travel to the sands, we should help the Orcologist with his problem.

rom2128.jpg

The Elf is also here.

rom2129.jpg

elf.jpg
Some time ago... I beg your pardon, from the human point of view it would be time immemorial... Anyway, Esgel, the greatest of war leaders of all time, was killed in battle. No one among humans could match him in a one-on-one fight, and no one knew the art of war better. Esgel's army always won, even if greatly outnumbered by enemy forces. His people had a custom of burning their dead, but they decided to embalm Esgel's body and bury it in a specially built mausoleum to honor his deeds. I just learned that the guild has found this place!

kc3.jpg
Perhaps my knowledge of magic is insufficient to comprehend the danger of this situation. So far the worst consequence I can see is the creation of another zombie.

elf.jpg
Your knowledge is limited, indeed. You were right by saying that regular zombies are not very dangerous, as they can not think or talk. However, the most skilled necromancers are capable of making them intelligent. Such creatures retain all abilities, skills and knowledge that they had while being alive, except that they're completely controlled by their creator. If Esgel joins the necromancers... It will be horrible! You, humans, must prevent this by protecting his mausoleum at all cost.

igles4.jpg
We understand you, Elf. Esgel's remains shall not be disturbed!

After that, we go do some shopping.

Igles gets a new armour set:

rom2139.jpg

rom2140.jpg

rom2141.jpg

rom2142.jpg

Kc gets new gloves

rom2143.jpg

And, by popular demand, a new hat

rom2146.jpg

rom2147.jpg

Hope you're happy with the result :smug:

rom2144.jpg

Dina also gets a new hat.

rom2145.jpg

rom2148.jpg

Igles also gets a new one-handed sword. And thus, we're almost completely broke.

Our next courses of action:

rom2149.jpg

The elf's quest

rom2150.jpg

ZZ Top druid's quest

rom2151.jpg

Main quest.

Which is best and why? DISCUSS!!!

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Stop the negrodancers from resurrecting an Elf-Super-Zombie because the only good elf is a dead elf, and remaining dead.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Protect the Mausoleum of the, so called, genius-elf. Probably was the faggiest fag ever and created gay parades but You cant be sure...

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I love that Igles is apparently man enough to walk around with the legitimate crown of the land under his brown, apparently up to and including to a royal audience.

I can imagine the scene.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rom2153.jpg

Destination.

rom2154.jpg

rom2155.jpg

rom2156.jpg

rom2157.jpg

Already at the start, we're greeted by level 4 giant bees.

rom2158.jpg

And since sir Clueless is the farthest starting party member, Kingcomrad gets overwhelmed.

This starts promising.

rom2160.jpg

Then we meet these three ghosts, all of them are neutral, and one seems to be the ghost of a homo.

rom2161.jpg

Uh... okay.

rom2162.jpg

A little to the west we find a level 4 succubus. Yup, we have now entered the jolly part of the game where we'll be meeting pretty much only level 4 monsters. Lovely, isn't it?

rom2163.jpg

Of course, they love to spam prismatic spray.

rom2164.jpg

rom2165.jpg

Sigh.

After another try, it finally died. And since it died above trees, it didn't drop any loot... I fucking hate flying monsters.

rom2166.jpg

Another one?!

rom2167.jpg

rom2168.jpg

And ANOTHER ONE! Yeah, this sure starts FRIGGIN PROMISING.

rom2169.jpg

Some level 4 wolves. Also, all level 4 monsters can cast some spells. The giant bees use invisibility, wolves cast stone missile (don't ask me why), but these spells are usually very, very weak anyway.

rom2170.jpg

Some peaceful village. It's strange that they're not bothered by the pack of succubi near them, but whatever.

rom2171.jpg

Level 4 bats. We remember them from the Sauce of Magic quest (they cast shadow cloud)

rom2172.jpg

And some level 4 turtles - these cast some silly gas wave or whatever it is.

rom2173.jpg

A tree-hugging hippy.

rom2174.jpg

druid4.jpg
It would have been possible if not for the harpies who have recently occupied the village in the northwest. These mindless creatures possess magic and are scaring the spirits badly. I cannot guide the spirits while the harpies are around.

igles4.jpg
I got the picture. We'll continue this discussion when the harpies are extinct. I'll make sure this doesn't take long.

Uh... Well, perhaps you didn't notice, Igles, but we already killed them.

igles4.jpg
ORLY NOW?

A second after that dialogue ends, another one is initiated

druid4.jpg
Nothing prevents me from guiding the spirits since the harpies are gone. But I am unable to talk to or understand the spirits. You should make arrangements with the interpreter from the other village. He is the only one capable of understanding them.

rom2181.jpg

Meanwhile, we face some level 4 lizards (they cast ice missile).

rom2186.jpg

Guess this is this interpreter guy.

rom2182.jpg

druid5.jpg
Currently, I'm more worried with the security of my dwelling. A mighty dragon has recently attacked us, and there is no doubt that it'll return. I can't concentrate on talking to the spirits while worrying about my community! I will only be able to help when you destroy the dragon.

Right then. Let us depart on some dragonslaying.

rom2187.jpg

Here I was. Going through the forest, minding my own business listening to a lovely Hebrew mass. Then these dragon people barge in and they put me in a dungeon and stick a red hot poker up my arse.

Is that considerate? Is that polite?

rom2188.jpg

The tactics are very much the same as with all the other dragons - Igles takes the beating while KC stays behind and shoops fire arrows.

rom2189.jpg

Soon, the beast is dead

rom2190.jpg

It also dropped this pretty neat staff. I'll hold on to it 'cause you don't need to be skilled in the adequate schools of magic to use them properly, and prismatic spray might prove useful.

rom2191.jpg

rom2192.jpg

rom2193.jpg

rom2194.jpg

rom2195.jpg

rom2196.jpg

rom2197.jpg

rom2198.jpg

rom2199.jpg

Interesting. Let us continue on our journey, then.

Btw, you know what's also cool about magic staves? They don't need mana to shoot and they increase your magic skills, which means that you can...

rom2202.jpg

Grind skills up pretty neatly with them :smug:

Igles goes in without any weapons while KC stays back and shoops shitty monsters. His air skill pretty much got to 45 or something like that in a matter of seconds, which is important, as it makes protection from air more powerful, and thus, gives us better defence against prismatic spray.

rom2206.jpg

Hmmm... Lakeshore with three stones. Let's check out if there's anything behind the tree.

rom2208.jpg

Well, what do you know. I don't think it's necessary to add that we equip it instantly.

rom2203.jpg

Going north, we seem to be approaching the borders of the mausoleum. We are also attacked by level 4 skeletons. They can turn invisible and cast very weak prismatic spray that's no threat at all. Also, funny thing is that I think they're actually weaker than level 3 skeletons 'cause they attack slower and do less damage, I think. But in return, they're tougher.

rom2204.jpg

One of them dropped this neat dress which we give to KC.

rom2205.jpg

rom2210.jpg

In close neighbourhood, we encounter some zombies. Among them are level 4 crossbowmen in ghey armour. They can also cast blizzard and magic shield. They also suck bad, just like all other zombie crossbowmen.

rom2211.jpg

And there are also some high-level necromancers here. Igles goes through them like a steamroller. Their prismatic sprays pretty much can't touch him, the same goes for life leech. Firewalls are also useless once you cast protection from fire

rom2212.jpg

rom2213.jpg

Soon they're all dead. But we don't go yet, oh no.

rom2214.jpg

Further inside the graveyard, there's phat loot waiting for us.

rom2215.jpg

A cuirass of great power. Igles is becoming a real friggin death machine, I tell you.

rom2216.jpg

Now we can leave.

rom2217.jpg

In the shoppe, KC gets some new shoes.

rom2218.jpg

Igles gets a new sword.

rom2219.jpg

And Dina a new dress.

rom2220.jpg

rom2221.jpg

The Orcologist is our next step, I suppose.

And after that... I think I'll give the Source of Magic another try :rpgcodex:

Last edited:

zappater

Novice
So its possible to grind up all types of magic by casting their protection spell for a few hours? Or use a staff to have huge amounts of fire skill before the first quest?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
zappater said:
So its possible to grind up all types of magic by casting their protection spell for a few hours? Or use a staff to have huge amounts of fire skill before the first quest?

Technically, yes. But with staves with lesser spells, such as the fire arrow or prot spells, it takes forever to do. The air skill jumped up so fast only because the staff had a high level spell in it.

lightbane

Arcane
Your mage died less times than in previous levels, obviously you're improving, which means less rape. Incline or decline?

takillya

Novice
Now that you have the amulet and the armor, pres tab and check Igles' health :smug:

you should get poison cloud and level water. blizzard rips thing apart. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom