Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. You can now buy a 16 GB Codex Troll USB 3.0 for $30 USD (includes postage), simply [donate to the campaign] here! (Only 35 / 100 remaining)
  2. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play: Nox!

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Darth Roxor, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Click here and disable ads!
    Nox is a hack and slash from the year 2000, done by Westwood. It also happens to provide buckets of fun. We will be going through MASSIVE DUNGEONS! We shall find a fuckton of SECRET AREAS! We will be looting WAGONS OF STUFF! We shall thwack UNDEAD! Smack OGRES! Burn the fuck out of SWAMP CREATURES! DROP MASSIVE MARBLE BROFISTS AT ALL OUR ENEMIES (and ourselves) OH GOD ITS HEAVAN

There was a LP on the 'dex a few years ago, but it didn't get out of the introduction, and I doubt it's gonna be rezzed anyway, so here it goes :M

(sorry lightbane, Grom is still in the freezer M:)

Here's the intro, where you witness Jack Albert Tokaj, the protagonist, getting sucked into the warp by his hellish TV, and leaving his peaceful shelter Gloreh into the reaches of the fantasy land Nox.

[​IMG]

Here's our protagonist. Dressed in typical white and red colours of the Afterfall project.

But not so fast, criminal scum! We cannot start the game just yet! Nox is a True RPG (TM), so you get to do the C&C of choosing a class at the start.

There are three classes to choose from:

[​IMG]

A big strong man, aka the warrior. Warriors use no magic at all, but have a handful of special abilities and can make all the bad things go away with constant application of hueg metal weapons. They use the best armour and waffen in game, but have limited ranged capabilities, since they can only throw shurikens (and later boomerang-like chakrums), but who gives a fuck since you can go up close and personal.

[​IMG]

Next are the conjurers. The furfags of Nox, they make a living by summoning and charming wild beasts to their cause. They have access to sort of druidic magic, charm/summon beasts as meatshields, as well as summon 'bombers', which you infuse with a couple of boom spells and make them go ALLAH AKBAR. Best armour they can use is leather, for melee weapons they can only bash stuff with staves. However, they are experts at ranged combat, since they can use OP bows and crossbows.

[​IMG]

Last ones are the pencilheads. MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION with spells, but you're fucked if you run out of mana. No weapons except for staves (and magic staves that shoop various spells). No armour other than robes. Glass cannons, squishy as fuck, but we'll be throwing fireballs at fuckers like there's no tomorrow. Can also lay down traps, which are like stationary versions of the conjurer's bombers.

You can also read from the descriptions, that the starting locations are different for each class. Yup, that is also a very cool thing about Nox. All three classes are actually separate campaigns, sort of, and while they share most of the game's chapters, many of them are very different depending on the class, and some even downright exclusive. This, combined with completely different ways of playing, gives the game really cool replay value.

I'll leave the voting open for an unspecified bit of time. Choose wisely.
    Storyfag, whitepony, hoodoo and 2 others Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  2. Twinkle Arbiter

Twinkle
    Nice one, I remember enjoying this game when it came out. I completed it as a wizard so I'd suggest: such an extreme individual as Tokaj should bring BRO back to fantasyhomoland. Be a muscular man.

Though the summoner is the second best choice. Keeping contact with Warp demons and stuffies. :M
    ^ Top  
  3. pipka Savant

pipka
    Played all three. Conjurer (for letting minions do the dirty work) or Wizard (he gets the bitch in the end). Fighter is dull as fuck and he gets Cloud's swords avoid like hell.

Go for the Conjurer.
    ^ Top  
  4. lightbane Liturgist

lightbane

:x

Well, Nox is good enough :love:. Obviously, the starting class must be the Wizard, it's the most :obviously: of all.
    ^ Top  
  5. JrK Liturgist

JrK
    Wizard is cool, requires some quick thinking sometimes. Go for it!
    ^ Top  
  6. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    Tokaj is definitely a summoner.
    Jigawatt Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  7. CappenVarra Phantasmist

CappenVarra
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    A vote for the furfag, just because!
    ^ Top  
  8. Omicron Educated

Omicron
    Either a wizard or a summoner.
    ^ Top  
  9. Lindblum Learned

Lindblum
    Muscle Bomb this shit.
    Summoner.
    ^ Top  
  10. RK47 Incline Breaker Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Summoner.
    ^ Top  
  11. Mrowak Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Mrowak
    Project: Eternity
    Furfag Summoner
    ^ Top  
  12. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Warrior. Get up close and personal, that's the only way Tokaj would have it. :salute:
    ^ Top  
  13. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    Furfag Summoner Conjurer
    ^ Top  
  14. SerratedBiz Augur

SerratedBiz
    ^ Top  
  15. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    Wizard.

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  16. Oriental European Learned

Oriental European
    I know this game like my five fingers, so i'm not very interesting in this LP, but good luck anyway, Darth Rocks-on.
    Mang, look at those portraits, this game has very juicy fantasy style. Every fantasy game should be like it.
    Here, made some avatars that you can use on 'dex, even tho the forum will crop them slightly:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Oh, and i vote for Wizard.
    ^ Top  
  17. Sceptic Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Sceptic
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Conjurer, most fun of the 3.
    ^ Top  
  18. MaroonSkein Prestigious Gentleman Augur

MaroonSkein
    Conjurer. Undead legions can only be countered with an army of brainwashed animals.
    ^ Top  
  19. Azalin Arcane Patron

Azalin
    Conjurer
    ^ Top  
  20. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Looks like we'll be going the yiff way. Predictable :rpgcodex:

Wouldn't say so. No spells often makes up for some interesting shit (and going 'HHHHNNNNNNGGGGGG' into a mob with berserker charge is always hilarious), the wide weapon variety is p cool and makes the game keep being non-stale, and paradoxically, you probably have to be the most careful of all classes because gear breaks so bleedin' fast, you have to monitor it 24/7 and carry an assload of auxiliary guns and armour. Also, warrior has by far the best Castle Galava chapter.
    ^ Top  
  21. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    It is not late, good sir. That was but a general remark. The stamp has not yet fallen on the conjewrer
    ^ Top  
  22. KickAss Scholar

KickAss
    played with warrior and the druid dude, so voting for wizard!
    ^ Top  
  23. Jaedar Cipher Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity
    Gonna read this lp fer sure.
    ^ Top  
  24. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Yeah, I'm a beaut, ain't I? :lol:

At least I changed my avatar to go with my vote here. :smug:
    abnaxus Brofists this.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)