Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Myth: The Fallen Lords

Flight From Covenant

Flight From Covenant
Monday September 15, Shepherd's Gate, Covenant.

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

1.jpg

So, Dark Underlord The Watcher is pissed and he want's our Kkodex. Our mission is to evacuated our sorry asses from Covenant by secret undergound passage.

2.jpg

Four Serpent Seeking Shadow is still with us and briefing for this mission made it bloody obvious that he was narrator so far.

3.jpg

It seems that our warriors multiplied while we were escaping with the Kkodex because I don't remember THAT many survived Homecoming. Or we just got reinforced by Mauriac's men, which is kinda more likely, but not that awesome.

4.jpg

And here is Captain Mauriac himself, a plot character! but he is not that important so he can die and game will get over it.

5.jpg

While I was checking if I recognize any of our other warriors names Thralls came knocking and we now must prepare to defend ourselves.

6.jpg

We rush them with dorfs and order our archers to get into good shooting positions.

7.jpg

Shit is exploding all fine in the center but there are more Thralls on our right.

8.jpg

Thralls had one Wight among them so we essploded it and ordered our warriors to attack Thralls paralyzed asses.

9.jpg

Well, first it seemed like we got everything under control but when Thralls coming from the left decided to join, things started to get messy and one dorf is stuck between our warriors and thralls.

10.jpg

11.jpg

Dorf finally unstuck himself and we prepare to chuck some molotovs to soften up thralls before warriors get to them.

12.jpg

Right flank is doing great though so we order them to help the rest when they are done.

13.jpg

Because more thralls are coming.

14.jpg

While warriors are choping shit in the center dorfs throw bombs at newcomers.

15.jpg

16.jpg

And they hit the Wight! GODDAM I LOVE THIS GAME!

17.jpg

That was fun, but more thralls coming.

18.jpg

It's a terrible idea to mix thralls and wights but The Watcher don't give a shit about his losses.

19.jpg

We killed paralyzed thralls and now we can finally starting moving towards the hidden passage.

20.jpg

But Myrmidons are in our way. They are badass motherfuckers and one of the fastest unit in the game. There is only one enemy unit that is faster and I DON'T want to even THINK about that unit. It's actually debatable if Myrmidons are proper undead. They once were humans who decided to serve Balor for gift of immortality, and they got it. But while they don't die of old age, their body can get older. To the point that there is not much left of them than some mummified piece of sprinting shit that will rape you in melee. Well you can try to use Mandrake Root on them to see if it kills them, but I never tried that myself.

21.jpg

Since there is only two of them we decide to advance in orderly fashion to see if they are interested in attacking us.

22.jpg

They are not. We let them go because we don't want to fight even two fucking Myrmidons... and there is no chance we could catch them anyway.

23.jpg

So we continue our amazing journey following the road.

24.jpg

But road is blocked by Thralls and Myrmidons. Even though we have a lot of archers and two dorfs, we won't attack those guys becasue... no, just no. They would rape us before we would be able to throw bombs at them.

25.jpg

So there is only one way for us. And that means going through water in which dwarfs are useless, and we will risk being ambushed by Thralls and Wights who don't have to breath so they can just sit underwater and wait. But it's still better than fighting Myrmidons.

26.jpg

So we get our asses into the water and prepare to fend off thralls and wights without dwarfs support. We have archers so we should be fine. We were under constant attacks by Wights during this mission and I'm not kidding, they were trying to get behind our backs every goddamn 15 seconds and I won't upload screenshots of exploding Wights becasue you saw enough of that and previous update was fucking huge. 96 pictures for one mission. I must try to reduce number of screenshots I upload and exploding wights are not that important anyway. So wights are officialy out of this update.

27.jpg

But Thralls can stay. We could try to get them to step on one of those isles and then throw some bombs but that's to much work and we can just shoot them with archers so why bother.

28.jpg

Archers killed most of them, only few survived. So we tell our fir'Bolgs to fall back and let warriors have some fun.

29.jpg

Actually, only one survived. So we send Bilie to have duel with thrall.

30.jpg

Not much of a duel, but Bilie got some experience so he can die as a better unit. And we get out of the water.

31.jpg

32.jpg

I know I said "no more wights" but this was fucking cool...

33.jpg

Ok, NOW we are out of the water. And we this is the same road but behind Myrmidon rape squad.

34.jpg

This side of the road is also defended but only by Thralls so we can deal with that. They are coming from two directions so we fall back a little to make them meet in once place.

35.jpg

Didn't worked as well as we hoped it would but I was too afraid of Myrmidons behind us to retreat any further.

36.jpg

After just a few molotovs thrown we ordered attack because something appeared behind us.

37.jpg

Just more Thralls so we send dwarfs there and continue to chop undead we already engaged.

38.jpg

39.jpg

Thralls that attacked us from the front are dead so we regroup to deal with those who tried to attack us from behind.

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

And that's it, we can continue our way towards the hidden entrance...

44.jpg

Well, entrance is not very "hidden", it's a fucking cave. But tunnels there are hidden, or something... I don't know. The Watcher is too stupid to look for us here anyway and we should be happy to get here in one piece.

45.jpg

debref.jpg

Force Ten From Stoneheim

Force Ten From Stoneheim
Friday November 7, The Plain of Scales

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

DAT VOICE ACTING. Goddamn I love those guys voice.

4.jpg

Say hello to Thorolf Impaled Three times. He is Berserker and how Berserkers could not be badasses when they have names like that? They are sort of our version of Myrmidons but they look better and their voice is sweet.

5.jpg

Ok, we are here to destroy Worldknot becasue The Head (that one from the intro) told us that Fallen Lords learned to use them. We have no reason not to trust The Head since it helped us to defeat Shiver. And that was only time humans were able to defeat Fallen Lord in battle. Bungie never explained what The Head is. Only thing we know about it is that it once belonged to the enemy of Balor. MumboJumbo explained it in their Myth 3: Wolf Age but I don't remeber what their explenation was to be honest. I remember that I thought I figured it out by the clues in Myth and Myth 2. But since all we know about it now is that it "seems to know something about everyhing" it's probably Skyway.

6.jpg

We arranged our units and prepare ourselves for heavy fighting on our way to worldknot.

7.jpg

Already enemy sighted.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

We scatter our Berserkers on four winds and start to chuck shit and shoot arrows. Berserkers can literally run circles around Thralls, they can run towards soulless in serpentine pattern to avoid javelins and chop it to pieces before enemy will have the time to react. They also can outrun Ghols. They have worse armor than warriors though and no shield but that doesn't matter since they attack so fast that most enemy can't retaliate. But they are not immortal, even though they look kinda scottish...

11.jpg

12.jpg

Shit is being chucked but enemy seems to get little bit too close. But that's not such a big deal since even dorfs are faster than Thralls and berserkers are dealing with Soulless so we don't have to worry about javelins.

13.jpg

Just look at those javelins around berserker on the right. Soulless have really hard time hitting those dudes.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Ok, first battle was victorious. Remember those dudes that wanted to pray for gods help? Their gods shrine is near and it soon will be overrun by ghols. So we are going to help those pious peasants. Not becasue we feel any pity for them. Simply because I don't want fucking ghols to attack me from behind when they are finished with peasants.

19.jpg

So we move our soldiers near the shrine.

20.jpg

And here they come.

21.jpg

Fortunately ghols are attacking villagers berserkers should score couple of free hits at them.

22.jpg

23.jpg

And ghols are fucked. Those red dots at minimap are ghols that are borken and don't do anything. I don't know what the fuck but enemy AI in this mission seems to be dodgy as hell. I ordered archers to shoot those ghols and they didn't even try to run.

24.jpg

The Shrine. Humanity must be really in serious troubles by now if people are prying to fucking Cthulhu for help. I mean what the fuck guys? Pray to fucking Wyrd or something.

25.jpg

Ok, that's what awaits us on the other side of the river. We are going to use exactly same cheese tactic we used to capture the bridge in Siege of Madrigal mission. We will shoot them with arrows, reatreat until they will stop chasing us and then shoot them again. Many, many times so no point in showing it.

BRB KILLIN' SHIT...

26.jpg

Aftermath of abusing the poor AI. Only thing stronger that stench of rotting corpses was overwhelming smell of cheese...

27.jpg

Ok, we got to the other side and there is even more fucking undead. But I thought that "bridge trick" won't work on them so we ordered old-fashioned dancing attack.

28.jpg

One berserker rushes towards enemy screaming "FREEEDOM!" and waving his cock from under the kilt.

29.jpg

And fucking look at it. Thralls made one step and this beautiful son-of-a-bitch is already chopping Soulless to pieces.

30.jpg

I mean, come on. That was fucking ballsy.

31.jpg

Then we order him to get behind the enemy and drag some of them away from our main force.

32.jpg

33.jpg

It worked and the rest of our soldiers have much easier time now.

34.jpg

But one of our dorfs essploded himself. CASUALTY!

35.jpg

36.jpg

Number of thralls was severly reduced so we order our berserkers to chop some shit.

38.jpg

Shit got chopped and our lone badass joined the rest so we can go to the worldknot.

39.jpg

40.jpg

And now we are going to use metagame knowledge. I know that as soon as we get near the knot, some undead will teleport here through it.

41.jpg

So we send one berserker to activate the script uncover enemy ambush totally by accident.

42.jpg

Wel, The Head was right, Fallen Lords learned to use this shit so we better destroy it. But at the moment we have to deal with what is getting through it.

43.jpg

Berserker was actually near enough to force Wight to detonate itself and it hurted undead that teleported when wight exploded.

44.jpg

Shit hitted the fan here. I knew about knot ambush, but I forgot that it's not our only concern now. We ordered attack before enemy Soulless will get into better throwing positions. And we told one berserker to go first, shout a lot and look very scary.

45.jpg

46.jpg

It didn't worked very well to be honest.

47.jpg

So we ordered lone badass to get behind enemy and lure some of them away. And then we ordered general retreat because I finally fucking noticed that enemy is approaching us from behind.

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

We chucked bombs at thralls during our reatret but few dorfs unfortunately got close to the Soulless.

51.jpg

52.jpg

But that actually wasn't such a bad thing. We have so many dwarfs that we can afford loosing some, as long as they take some undead with them.

53.jpg

54.jpg

Things started to look a little brighter. Well, some dorfs got killed but hey, it's war and people tend to die during those, or so I heard.

55.jpg

We pretty much got everything under control now. But look at those fucking javelins!

56.jpg

Our lone badass was not on vacations during this battle either.

57.jpg

We regrouped what was left of our soldiers and ordered another reatreat. But in opposite direction this time.

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

Dwarfs seems to have a good time though.

61.jpg

62.jpg

Ok, we killed those sneaky, ambushing fuckers I completely forgot about and we are ready to destroy the Worldknot.

63.jpg

We placed satchel charges around one pillar and we are ready for glorious explosion!

64.jpg

65.jpg

Ok, more satchel charges.

66.jpg

67.jpg

?

68.jpg

Yissss

69.jpg

debrief.jpg

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Maybe Bungie will take a look at this LP and wonder what the hell they've been doing these past few years.

Rape Bagrada

Bagrada
Wednsday November 12, Fool's Traverse, Bagrada.

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

I'm sure Tyrfing is just trippin' balls and our scouts are fine...

cut1.jpg

...And then Four Serpent Seeking Shadow was all liek "CASUALTY, CASUALTY!"!

cut2.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA! that is soooo Four Serpent Seeking Shadow!

cut4.jpg

... 'Sup drog?

cut3.jpg

cut5.jpg

1.jpg

Ok, we are here to check what happend to our scouts. Cutsceene give us some clue what could have befalen our friends and comrades but we will larp the we didn't saw it.

2.jpg

We move towards some stone statues and weather gets worse. There is quite strong wind (which fucks with arrows) and, what's worse, snow which will put out our dorfs bomb fuses.

3.jpg

We spotted some Myrmidons. There is only three of them but they can use Ghols trololo tactics and are much more deadly at it. So we have to watch out.

4.jpg

Also Thrall-Soulless duo with which we are already way too familliar is approaching.

5.jpg

We put our asses into formations, send one berserker as a javelin catcher and we are prepared to meet the enemy attack. And a little rant about formations:
In The Fallen Lords you could rotate units by right-clcking and draging mouse in direction which you want your units to face. Combanied with pressing formation button (1 to 9) it could be used to rotate whole formations and generally made preparing your units much easier. This feature was removed in Myth 2 and right mouse button instead of rotating units is "attack ground" button. Project Magma guys are apperantly so in love with Myth 2 that they portet this feature to TFL with their 1.5 patch. And now you can't fucking rotate your units at all. People were bitching on forums but Magma just said that you can still roate your units with right mouse button but you have to do this fast, very very fast. I finished TFL with magma patch seven two times and never were able to fucking do this, so yeah, that kinda sucks but otherwise 1.5 patch is splendid.

6.jpg

Enemy decided to be cunning and Myrmidons together with trash mob decided to attack at the same time. I panicked a little because I remember Myrmidons to be killing machines.

7.jpg

There was no chance for dorfs to throw molotovs fast enough so we wished our warriors good luck and ordered them to attack Myrmidons.

8.jpg

Meanwhile one berserker was running circles around Thralls avoiding both javelins and our dorfs bombs.

9.jpg

He even managed to get to the Soulless. Oh you beautiful, BEAUTIFUL son of a bitch...

10.jpg

Then rest of berserkers went around stone monument to flank enemy. Well, it looks cool and all tactical and shit but it wasn't such a great idea and people got hurt in the process.

11.jpg

Warriors proved to be badasses and killed Myrmidons. Goddamit, warriors were fighting Myrmidons 1 on 1 and they won. Those are not Myrmidons I remember.

12.jpg

Our ladies from hell reached Soulless but catched shitton of javelins on their faces in the process.

13.jpg

But having meter long pole stuck in your eye is not enough to stop ladies from hell.

14.jpg

And all Soulless soon went POOF!

15.jpg

Then we told them to fall back because they are hurt enough as it is so no point in loosing health on some Thralls.

16.jpg

We essploded Thralls with dorfs, heal up a little using our precious Mandrake Roots and we are ready to look for our unfortunate scouts.

17.jpg

We took 5 steps and were attacked again.

18.jpg

This time warriors will be javelin catchers.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Enough shit exploded so we send berserkers to gain some more experience so they can kick more asses in later missions. How very, very naive of me...

23.jpg

24.jpg

Then we order them to fall back singing Flowers of Scotland and let dorfs have some fun.

25.jpg

26.jpg

We were almost ready to continue our journey when I noticed Myrmidons trying to sneak up on us.

27.jpg

We forced them to attack us by shooting arrows at them.

28.jpg

One was killed by archers, second one got slashed by warriors and third was gang-banged by berserkers.

29.jpg

And we could finally continue our search.

30.jpg

We have found fresh tracks on the snow and after following them for some time we were attacked again.

31.jpg

And this time by more than three Myrmidons and since we are on snow our drofs are useless. So I pooped in my pants a little.

32.jpg

We chucked couple of bombs but only one exploded doing jack shit to Myrmidons so we ordered everything to attack and hoped for the best.

33.jpg

Myrmidons were so keen at killing dorfs that they allowed us to have couple of free hits at them.

34.jpg

35.jpg

Those free hits allowed us to defeat them quite easily but one Myrmidons realised his dream and killed one of our dorfs.

36.jpg

But we avenged him.

37.jpg

Then more of them attacked but at this time even our warriors stopped shitting their pants at sight of two myrmidons.

38.jpg

Myrmidons went POOF! and we organised one minute of silence for fallen dwarf.

39.jpg

Two Soulless were "standing" on a hill ready to chuck shit at us if we decide to pass near them. So we send archers and one dancing warrior to deal with them.

40.jpg

Warrior got killed but archers managed to kill soulles on their own. Good night sweet prince.

41.jpg

We reached crossroads and another Soulless on a hill so we killed them in same way. But without warriors help, because they told archers to go fuck themselves and do this shit alone.

42.jpg

More myrmidons. Fortunately we spotted them soon enough to prepare ourselves.

43.jpg

44.jpg

We were lucky and some bombs exploded this time.

45.jpg

And I managed to take screenshot of one warriors using his shield. And I thought that manual was lying about this shield thing to make warriors look less shitty.

46.jpg

47.jpg

Then we send one berserker from where Myrmidons came to activate script look for supplies and look! New Units Received.

48.jpg

Not a lot of them bu hey, it's something and they have Journeyman so its 6 more mandrake roots. Unfortunately they are not scouts we are looking for.

49.jpg

Those are scouts we are looking for. Well, what's left of them. There are thralls and Soulles near the bodies but scouts should be able to at least run from them... suspicious!

50.jpg

51.jpg

Our men were all like "NOOO! NOT STEVE! NOO! YOU BASTAAARDS!". And we decided to avenge our fallen bros with fury and steel.

52.jpg

We were shooting them, throwing flaming shit and slashing them with our swords with bloodlust. But then we realised we are barking at the wrong tree...

53.jpg

Shieeeet. Say hello to Terramotus Calcitrare. He is Trow. Trows are one of the oldest races in the world - favourite creation of Wyrd. Old and wise and NOT undead at all. In fact, they are not even evil. They are just fucking jerks. Trows were first race to find iron and use it to forge tools of war. They were so in love with iron that they exterminated couple of races while they were looking for it. Then some dude named Connacht kicked their asses and melted their cities using some bullshit artifact. After this, Trows realised horrors of war and decided to never use iron again. And we should be very fucking happy about it becasue then came another dude named Balor and promised them something if they help him and the Fallen Lords in war against humanity. And I sure as fuck prefer them not to be in full plate armor and wielding two-handed warhammers...

54.jpg

Now it is too late to even shit our pants. Trows are faster than borth Myrmidons and Berserkers. We must quickly kill Thralls and prepare to fight trow.

55.jpg

56.jpg

WAIT! WE ARE NOT READY YET!

57.jpg

I SAID WAIT!

58.jpg

STAHP!

59.jpg

NO!

60.jpg

FAK U GAEM!

61.jpg

62.jpg

Ok, RELOAD!

63.jpg

Now we order our archers to shoot the fucker straight away. Every tiny little bit of help is needed.

64.jpg

It annoyed him and now he's going for the archers...

65.jpg

Dorfs are also trying to help...

66.jpg

Archers are dead so we now try to gang-bang him we berserkers and remaning warrior.

67.jpg

Berserkers are slashing his swords at him.

68.jpg

Then there was a lot of kicking and slashing and CASUALTY! CASUALTY! CASUALTY! but we managed to do enough damage to petrify this son of a bitch (Trows turns to stone when they health bar becomes red) and kill him.

69.jpg

And that's what is left of us after fighting one Trow...

debrief.jpg

GLORIOUS CASUALTIES! But we won!

Watcher! You can take our lives! but you WILL NOT TAKE OUR SKIRTS KILTS!

This game man, and this fucking music. I got raped but I came a little in the process. Quo vadis Bungie?

Ambush at Devil's Overlook

Ambush at Devil's Overlook
Friday November 14, Devil's Overlook, Bagrada.

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

I... don't like this mission. In fact, I don't like this mission AT ALL. It's not hard or anything, it's just... pointless. Basically, we are ambushing Soulless that got lost and cut -off from the rest of Fallen Lords armies. And if we fail this mission, campaign is over and humanity is fucked. There is little reason to do this mission and there is absolutely NO reason failing it should end the campaign.

1.jpg

Ok, all we got are couple of berserkers and many dwarfs. Someone send us to kill Soulless and didn't gave us ANY archers, well it's no wonder humanity got it's asses handed to it for 30 years if we got commanders like that. But whatever, dwarfs will do. But we have to set few minefields and that's not too much work but if they just gave us 7 archers and 3 berserkers it would be much easier and cheaper since dwarfs are kinda scarce.

2.jpg

When mission begins two dwarfs are already setting one minefield and that's probably to give you clue what you should be doing. You can finish this mission without satchel charges and just throw molotovs at soulless. But minefields definetly makes things easier. Actually I probably should set one for Trow in previous mission but it's quite hard to put it in right place because Trow doesn't follow a set path.

3.jpg

First trap is in place and now we just wait for Soulless.

4.jpg

Here is our scout and he is in some deep troubles. Since Myth has quite good physics engine and javelins react to weather, wind and such stuff - scout can actually survive this sometimes.

5.jpg

Not this time though.

6.jpg

Soulless are getting near to our first trap. They won't attack you stright away in this mission, they are jest looking for away out of Bagrada and will hapilly leave you alone. They WILL fight back when attacked though so we wait untill most of them are straight on our little minefield.

7.jpg

They are excatly where we wan't them to be so we throw a bomb to detonate satchel charges. This takes some micromanagment beacuse dorfs will start throwing molotovs if enemy gets near them NO MATTER WHAT, they even won't hestitate to throw bomb in the middle of your formation beacuse there is one Ghol there, so you have to babysit those motherfuckers. And little tip here - it's not pointed out in any Myth features list but Myth actually does have active pause... sort of. Basically you press ESCAPE and it pauses the game and brings up little menu screen that obscures some of your view but you CAN select units and give orders while the game is paused this way. And since you can't slow the game down like in Myth 2 I don't feel bad while using this "feature".

8.jpg

9.jpg

That took care of most of them. But this was a small group and satchel charges were placed perfectly in their way by the AI so our next traps won't be as effective.

10.jpg

12.jpg

We kill one Soulless with molotov and then order berserker to kill remaning one beacuse dwarfs are to slow to properly dance with Soulless and they could get killed.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Then we proceed to set another minefield.

15.jpg

Actually, we placed two, just in case. They are far enough from each other so they won't blow up at the same time. And we can use second if Soulless will avoid first one.

16.jpg

And here they come.

17.jpg

We throw bomb at first satchel charges line and cross our fingers it won't detonate both...

18.jpg

Yisss...

19.jpg

Some of them survived so we throw molotovs at them because that's a little bit too many Soulless to safely send berserker to kill them.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Good job dorf! now get your ass out of here and bring some more satchel charges...

22.jpg

We put another minefield in the exact same place as the last one so we have two again.

23.jpg

Lone soulless arrived, we order berserker to slash it to pieces.

24.jpg

Ok, now they are coming. Quite a lot of them and our puny minefield may not be enough in this case.

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

I didn't babysit one dorf properly and fucker detonated one minefield too early.

28.jpg

And then Soulless raped second one but he managed to throw molotov before he died.

29.jpg

Well, in this game dorfs rarely die alone...

30.jpg

Before we were able to deal with what was left of first Soulless wave, second one arrived. And Soulless changed their destination so our minefield would be useless anyway.

31.jpg

We send couple of dwarfs to chase them and throw shit at them.

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

Meanwhile, some small group got near so we just send Berserkers at them.

37.jpg

And proceeded to place another minefield while they were waving their swords at purple mist.

38.jpg

39.jpg

One berserker spotted large group of Souless while he was chasing his target.

40.jpg

That gave us more time... to stare at them I guess because everything was prepared anyway. But hey, early warnings are always welcome.

41.jpg

They finally got were we want them to be and it's time to detonate satchel charges!

42.jpg

And then I failed to babysit dorfs again...

43.jpg

Fucking idiot was lucky that snow put down the fuse... but then I failed to babysit him again.

44.jpg

45.jpg

You are lucky you made me laugh beacuse otherwise I would order everyone to desacrate your corpse you fucking retarted piece of shit.

46.jpg

Then I ordered berserkers to deal with soulless and told dwarfs to get the fuck out of there. There is too many of them to babysit everyone and it makes them more dangerous than fucking Soulless.

47.jpg

Maybe berserkers are not as effective at killing Soulless as dwarfs but they are also less prone to fucking kill themselves while doing it. Ok, next trap is in place and we are ready for more Soulless. And hopefully less exploding dwarfs.

48.jpg

Well, we put it all wrong but hey, mistakes happens.

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

... Suddenly dwarfs started cheering and going all "yay! we did it!".

52.jpg

debrief.jpg

And mission was complete. I thought we have to kill all of them but as you can see 78 was enough.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
:bravo:

Now that was one hell of a pointless mission. Good thing you persevered. :thumbsup:

The Five Champions

The Five Champions
Wednesday November 19, The Barrier

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

cut1.jpg

cut2.jpg

cut3.jpg

cut4.jpg

1.jpg

We start with five champions which I think are even more awesome than "hero" status soldiers with full experience and many survived battles. Among our champions is Truan of Hundred Battles, we know him from the intro to the game. He's responsible for finding the Head. Others are maybe not as famous but can kick the same amount of asses.

2.jpg

This mission can be bitch without 1.5 Patch because we will fight on very high ground and since zoom-out is limited you will see very little around you. Since 1.5 patch runs Myth in slightly higher resolution it's a little bit better, but not much.

3.jpg

Before we start looking for Alric we must first take care of couple Soulless camping on high in places we can't reach so we send archer to shoot them while Truan will be avoiding javelins. Champions don't move any faster than normal units but they attack quicker. Champion archers is freaking sniper-machine gun.

4.jpg

We got hurt slightly but Soulless are dead and wont harass us any longer.

5.jpg

First group of enemies. Champions or, not archers and dwarfs don't have any melee capabilities so Ghols will rape them if they got near us, this makes them priority targets. Soulless are absolutely no treath to champions because their Javelins don't do enough damage so they would probably throw shit at you for 2 minutes to kill one.

6.jpg

We send Truan to flank them and prepare are dorf to throw flaming bottles at Ghols...

7.jpg

And then shit went horribly wrong and we ordered Truan to go back. At first I tried to by all efficient and shit and throw bottles manually on the ground instead on the unit and fucking missed Ghols completely. And then 3 bottles in a row didn't explode, which is strange because weather is perfect for molotovs.

8.jpg

Dorf failed to kill ghols but Truan just slashed them to pieces and we send him to also kill Soulless.

9.jpg

And he spotted incoming Thralls. I expected that but there is not much you can do about it. Going into this valley-canyon thingy from where Soulles and Ghols came from is not perfect idea because theres not much room there. And accepting their attack on this little road on which we start is also not very good idea because you will hit "invisible wall" while retreating because map ends there (or rather, starts there). So we decided to split our forces. We left dorfs and archers on the road on told both berserkers and journeyman to go to the canyon.

10.jpg

If everything goes well most of undead should follow berserkers leaving only managable token force for dorf and archer.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Well they split their force in half but that's good enough.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Champions in canyon are dancing around Thralls giving dwarf and archer time to kill what went after them. Journeyman is only slightly faster than thralls but since he is champion he should have enough health to survive couple hits with thralls axes.

15.jpg

Only few thralls left so we order berserkers to deal with them while archer and dorf prepare to kill the rest that follows journeyman.

16.jpg

Archers have annoying tendency to move towards the enemy they are shooting at to find better position. Even though champions are soo good that they can hit everytime from ewerywhere they still do that, so it's sometimes best no to manually select target for them, just leave them alone to shoot at whatever. Their choice of target may leave a lot to desire but at least they don't move towards it.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

And Thralls are dead so we can start looking for Alric to rescue his sorry ass. If you played Myth or Myth 2 you know that Alric is the last fucking person on earth who needs any help but Fallen Lords somehow managed to capture him. How they done it, is beyond me so they must have used some realy sneaky shit since in couple of updates you will know that Alric is SCARY, SCARY MOTHERFUCKER... Maybe we were betrayed?! *TAM TAM TAM dramatic music*

- Bullshit, we are last hope of humanity, who would have betrayed us?
- Well, mayor of Otter Ferry for example...
- Shut up and let's start looking for Alric.

20.jpg

That's what I meant when I said this mission can be bitch. We can't zoom out any further.

21.jpg

At least we have minimap so we can spot Ghols who would try to use camera against us.

22.jpg

It was just suicide attack, diversion to drag our attention away.

23.jpg

From this. Few soulless and more to come, but we have higher ground so it should be no problem.

24.jpg

25.jpg

More soulless arrived so we order Dwarf and berserkers to deal with them.

26.jpg

27.jpg

Maybe this wasn't most dangerous attack ever but we got hurt anyway. I ordered Journeyman to heal archer and now we have 5 mandrake roots left. Then we continue our search for Alric.

29.jpg

We found a way down. I decided to put archer and dorf on the lookout while berserker is checking if the way down is safe.

30.jpg

Way down proved not to be safe at all (surprising absolutely nobody). We order berserker to get Thralls attention and lead them into our little ambush.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Another group coming. But seeing how well first one is doing we will stop ourselves from shitting our pants yet. Fucks to give became rare commodity for our five champions.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

And we are done, we can continue our search now.

39.jpg

40.jpg

That's were we must go but our way is blocked by couple of Soulless. We use standard strategy od dancing berserker and shooting archer to kill them.

41.jpg

We noticed some mandrake roots lying on the ground and told Journeyman to go and pick them up.

42.jpg

We used some of them heal ourselves up and we are ready to continue.

43.jpg

This doesn't look like another major attack place at all!

44.jpg

Three Ghols may not look very scary but they are just a prelude...

45.jpg

Yeah, shitton of Thralls.

46.jpg

It's strange that this puny bridge is able to support their weight. Especially since we keep throwing fucking bombs at it.

47.jpg

They forced us to fall back a little bit but we should be fine.

48.jpg

49.jpg

That's slightly more than "little bit" but they are dead now.

50.jpg

51.jpg

We crossed the bridge and after a while we found another one (sort of) guarded by Soulless.

52.jpg

Lots of them...

53.jpg

You could try to be all sneaky and shit by putting minefield on a land-bridge and try to lure them there. But it won't work. They have standard "GUARD THE BRIDGE" AI routine so we have to abuse it in order to kill them.

54.jpg

So we ordered archer to shoot them, fall back, shoot them, fall back... Aaand you know the rest. They are all dead and we are not. It's only thing that matters.

55.jpg

Behind them is suspicious circle...

56.jpg

And inside of it there is Alric. Who is mage or Avatara and badass like no-one other (Well, maybe Balor... for now)

57.jpg

In order to free him we must destroy those altar-lamp-whatever thingies.

58.jpg

So we order berserkers to destroy them and Alric is free.

59.jpg

And now we can get the fuck out of here...

debrief.jpg

Out Of The Barrier

Also, slightly different approach at making updates. Missions in Myth are long, much longer than SotHR battles. Until now I was doing mission and screenshot and waited with writing commentary till mission is over and screenshots are done. This led to situation when I forgot what the hell I was doing and I had to make shit up on the fly. So now I write commentary while I'm still playing. I take couple of screenshots alt-tab, write stuff and then go back to the game. I hope it will work better that way.

Out of the Barrier
Wednesday November 19, The Barrier

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

Goddamn, We have been betreyed! And it was such a perfect plan to dig-out some old head from ruined city and ask it to win for for us.

1.jpg

We are back with our Five Man Who Don't Give a Fuck and Alric. Unfotunately Alric is too cool to even lift a finger to help us here. It's a shame, especially since this mission is way harder than last one.

2.jpg

It looks like we start surrounded by Ghols. There is a lot of them and they look like they are up to something...

3.jpg

They are definitely up to noo good (look at minimap).

4.jpg

We are encircled, and since we have only two melee units worth a shit (Journeyman is not very good at bashing Ghols with his shovel) this may be a problem.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Ok, it's not that bad. Most of them are dead but couple managed to get to our dwarf. He should survive few hits though.

7.jpg

Yeah, that was silly of them. Especially since they didn't attack straight away and instead tried to encircle us giving archer some time to pick off two or three of them. But hey, they are only Ghols and this was best they can do. Alric of course didn't do jack shit during this fight.

Ok Alric, move your ass and let's get going.

8.jpg

Ghol out there in the distance. Only one so he's probably here to spy on us. Not that AI needs it but you know, immersion and stuff.

9.jpg

And four Soulless on the hill. We send Truan and archer to deal with them.

10.jpg

11.jpg

Truan could be catching those javelins in flight if he wanted to, just look at how many is around them. But he got hit once so let's stop bragging.

12.jpg

We were marching looking for some road and I kept game at 16x speed for a little too long and then BOOM! whole fucking family of Ghols taking a stroll.

13.jpg

Well, we took a couple of shots at them, and even thrown molotov or two.

14.jpg

But they just kept walking and finally vanished. I don't know 'bout you, but I don't fucking trust them... they be up to something, matey.

15.jpg

Crasher the Ghol and his 6 Myrmidon friends. I stopped shitting my pants at sight of Myrmidons since Bagrada mission but come one, there is 6 of them. And let's not forget about this Ghol family who just passed us moment ago.

16.jpg

They looked like they were attacking so we started to shoot arrows at them...

17.jpg

But then they run away... mysterious shit.

18.jpg

We took couple steps forward...

19.jpg

And they are attacking for real this time.

20.jpg

Holy shit that was cool. Even though Journeyman got slightly hurt.

21.jpg

22.jpg

They scored couple of hits on dwarf and archer but we killed them. And of course Alric was just chilling during a fight...

23.jpg

And Ghols are back. At least they were decent enough to wait till we are finished with myrmidons.

24.jpg

They brought some Soulless with them. We order archer to shoot soulless while rest prepares to fend off Ghols.

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

berserk.jpg

What the hell are you doin'? Goddamn yer eyes!

29.jpg

dwarf.jpg

Shut up, it worked.

30.jpg

Ok, Ghols and Soulless are dead. We can continue to search for way out of here.

31.jpg

More soulless and myrmidons. They try block our way by mimicking our movement. They attack only when we get too close and retreat when we fall back. You know what that means... we will abuse it.

32.jpg

Archer killed all soulless but myrmidons are simply too fast to try it on them. We will have to fight them without cheese.

33.jpg

We move close enough to make them attack us...

34.jpg

Throw bomb...

35.jpg

36.jpg

Throw another one...

37.jpg

But it didn't explode, shit.

38.jpg

But berserkers killed them and were only slightly hurt in the process.

39.jpg

There is some sort of Tomb on our right and some kind of a bow near it. I know what it is and that's why we are going to ignore it. As soon as you get near this tomb, shitton of Ghols will start to going out of it. And this bow is simply not worth getting our men any more wounded (it has ability to paralyze ONE unit which can be used 10 times I think). We are just going to continue looking for exit.

40.jpg

Oh...

41.jpg

Oh shit...

42.jpg

43.jpg

?

44.jpg

I'm confused...

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

I don't know what the hell this was all about, but let's fall back a little.

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

Ok, I think it's time for more cheese... BRB abusing AI.

51.jpg

This time abusing AI is slightly harder since Myrmidons try to get our archer as soon as he starts shooting. But I noticed when they stop chasing him and I put dorf there...

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

Holy shit I'm cheap... one more time pls.

55.jpg

56.jpg

YOU... CUNT! ok reload...

57.jpg

Ok, we are done. There was another group, exactly as big as first one. I don't think there is way around them. So on Legendary you either cheese your way through them... or I don't know. Ok, we can continue now.

58.jpg

Oh... hai.

59.jpg

Well Alric, if you think you can handle this then by all means, do so.

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

Annoying him won't help us...

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

Holy shit! why haven't you told us before you can do shit like that?

67.jpg

Alric essploded Shade's bodyguards so we proceed to chop Sinis to pieces. Shades are undead Avataras and are capable of dreaming spells (in short, doing shit Alric just did, for example). They eat Trow's for breakfast and generally are fucking pain in the ass. There is only couple of them in whole game though, and they are afraid of water.

68.jpg

Sinis been chopped to pieces and we follow Alric to the top of the hill.

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

Beam me up scotty!

debrief.jpg

Silvermines

Silvermines
Sunday November 30, Outskirts of Silvermines.

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

1.jpg

After initial sucess at battle of Madrigal Legion started to loose one battle after another. I don't remember who, but someone supposed to take care of The Watcher army behind us, but failed. Also Alric lead army beyond Cloudspine Mountains to find some armor but he got captured and his army was decimated. This puts Legion in shittiest position imaginable, we are trapped between Watcher and Deceiver. I can't blame guys who failed to deal with Watcher. Watcher is immortal and he's IS most powerful Fallen Lord. Don't even start with Soulblighter, Soulblighter is incopetent as hell and will prove many times that all he he's good for is waving his silly scythe. Ok, Soulblighter had ONE brilliant idea, but execution left a lot to desire. Watcher on the other hand (lolololo...), can raise whole armies of undead and he also is capable fighter on his own. Someone figured out how to take care of him though, and since Head betrayed us it had to be one of the Avataras. But first we have to find his hand, and this might be problematic since Deceiver is also looking for it...

2.jpg

Our Journeyman knows the way to the hand so we have to follow him.

3.jpg

4.jpg

We spotted group of enemies with two Fetches among them. Fetch is some sort of evil witch that casts bolts of lightning and wears skins of killed males for shits and giggles. We will try to avoid them but I don't have much hope that it will work...

5.jpg

We spotted another undead group, and they also have two Fetches. So it was good idea trying to go past them...

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

We picked up Watchers hand and now we have control over our Journeyman. It's good because now we have a healer... and It's bad because I also don't remember where the graveyard is.

9.jpg

I was fucking around with formations trying to make my soldiers face right direction (your bullshit quick "hand gesture" doesn't fucking work Magma, it really doesn't) and I didn't noticed undead group coming straight at us.

It was actually hardest battle in the game yet. Only berserkers can survive Fetch lightning bolt. If lightning bolt hits group of archer and dorfs they will ALL DIE. This, combined with fucking retarted AI (unit constantly getting in each others way and dorfs throwing bomb at your own units) AND the fact that all my units are fresh and archers can hit shit made this fight hardest yet in this campaign. And frustrating as fuck.

10.jpg

We start by ordering our archer to disperse so berserkers will have room to slash their swords when Myrmidons reach us. Also we send one scottsman to get attention of one Fetch, because our archers are pathetic and have problem with hitting just one. And finally we tell dwarfs to GET THE FUCK OUT because they made me reload this battle more times than Fetch's lightning bolt...

11.jpg

Archer managed to kill one Fetch (the other one is spamming bolts at our lone berserker) so we send berserkers to kill myrmidons and tell everybody else to fall back.

12.jpg

Berserkers killed myrmidons but got badly hurt by Fetch lightning bolt. I didn't managed to make screenshots of those cunts casting it becasue they do it very fast. We order archers to shoot at remaining fetch and beg them to hit something even though they are fresh recruits.

13.jpg

We were lucky as hell, Fetch ignored archers and tried to go for berserkers and this gave us enough time to kill it. Now we order archers to retreat and let dwarfs deal with thralls.

14.jpg

15.jpg

We ordered Journeyman to heal one archer becasue we can't afford to loose even one.

16.jpg

Meanwhile another group came close. Our lone berserkers is in deep troubles but we try to get him out of there becasue he basically saved our lives.

17.jpg

Dorfs killed Thralls and now archers TRY to hit Soulless but they have real problems with it.

18.jpg

Ok, we done it and we are all alive. Holy shit, it was like plying SotHR all over again!

19.jpg

Mandrake Roots are scarce so we order Journeyman to heal only Hervard (because he is in worst state) and we can continue to look for graveyard.

20.jpg

Second group is still patrolling this area so we decided to hide ourselves behind a building.

21.jpg

Like so.

22.jpg

We send a scout to check if they are gone and they were so we decided to continue our march.

23.jpg

And we found graveyard!

24.jpg

But it's guarded...

25.jpg

So we send Angtyr the Sword Lover to check if guards are in mood for a fight...

26.jpg

Guards were in mood for a fight but I noticed that they have "guard some shit" AI we know so well so I decided to abuse it again...

27.jpg

And it was good idea because this area is constantly patrolled by groups of undead with Fetches among them.

28.jpg

We killed guards and managed to avoid patrols.

29.jpg

And then we decided to make a run for graveyard.

30.jpg

31.jpg

debrief.jpg

Well, I abused AI a little and reloaded... A LOT. But this mission was hard as shit and I couldn't afford to loose any archers because they are useless without experience, and game will only get harder from now on...

DraQ

Arcane
I remember Bagrada mission being one of the two in Myth I demo (only played full version of Myth II and demo of I), the other one being some noob fodder.

Wandering about harrassed by undead, your numbers and HPs slowly dwindling, myrmidons, snow... then suddenly Trow.
I remember just staring at the screen with expression of hurt and disbelief.

Also, the fetches, but while they too were a bit on the "how the fuck am I supposed to fight that" side at first, they at least died quickly.

I remember Bagrada mission being one of the two in Myth I demo (only played full version of Myth II and demo of I), the other one being some noob fodder.

Wandering about harrassed by undead, your numbers and HPs slowly dwindling, myrmidons, snow... then suddenly Trow.
I remember just staring at the screen with expression of hurt and disbelief.

Also, the fetches, but while they too were a bit on the "how the fuck am I supposed to fight that" side at first, they at least died quickly.

I also remember Fetches dying quite easily but I think I made terrible mistake letting Trow kill most of my archers in Bagrada mission. Fresh replacement have problems hitting those damn bitches at all. And I think that's why Silvermines were so hard for me to complete this time.

I don't think there is point in naming simple warrios after codexers since they have life expetancy of 5 minutes.

LP noob detected.

Go and check out any of the multiple X-COM/UFO/After-series LPs. Just name a new soldier after a fallen Codexer. Racking up deaths is a time honoured tradition :obviously:

Yeah but it's almost impossible in Myth to keep track of who died and it doesn't even show kills of Individual soldiers if they didn't make to "top score". So no point in naming warriors after codexers if we won't even notice when they die.

Also, I finally know what Bungie was talking about with it's "play till you puke" play testing rule. I installed Marathon: Durendal and it's first game EVER that made me nauseous. I can't play it, and it's shame because it looked like quite nice game (before it almost made me puke).

eklektyk

Erudite
now i'm starting to get that itch to play it....

fortubately i got this compilation on my shelf : http://www.gry-online.pl/S016.asp?ID=7144 :smug:

It has Chimera! I never could find it myself. Is Chimera any good?
ekhm ..its a little embarasing [ :eternalshameanddamnation: ] but never played those 8 missions - had like other thingiess and stuffies to play back then and kinda forgot bout it

Well, I done more embarrassing Myth related thing in my Life: After playing demo I smashed my pocket money pig (I smashed it in my mind, I never actually had pocket money pig) and went on a trip to video game shop in another town to buy it. I found it and then I thought "Fuck, it's too expensive!"... and bought Knight & Merchants instead. Now I'm stuck with cheap "kolekcja klasyki" or whatever version with dvd-box and manual in pdf format.

Shadow of the Mountain

Shadow of the Mountain
Sunday November 30, Foothills of the Cloudspine.

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

Oh, so it was Rabican they sent to deal with Watcher. Poor bugger...

cut1.jpg

cut2.jpg

Yup, Deceiver wololol'd our dudes.

1.jpg

2.jpg

We got caught by Deceiver vanguard and since undead don't get tired we have to make our stand on this hill.

3.jpg

We have to defend this eagle standard, and more importantly, journeyman carrying Watcher's hand.

4.jpg

5.jpg

We told our archers to target enemy dwarfs first. They are not very dungerous since they have to throw uphill but they will drop satchel charges if killed by archer and we can detonate them later.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

First wave broke. Now we have to wait and see what they will throw at us now...

9.jpg

Thralls. Hitting satchel charges dropped by dwarfs would probably made short work out of them. But I would prefer to avoid that and use those charges on something more scary.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Crap, one bomb bounced and hitted satchel charges. Oh well, at least most of the Thralls are gone.

13.jpg

14.jpg

I ordered berserkers to deal with remianing Thralls because shooting them here would easily lead to friendly fire.

15.jpg

Another wave of dwarfs coming.

16.jpg

They got a little bit too close for "avoid detonating satchel charges" thing now.

17.jpg

18.jpg

We are pretty unlucky today and few of our bombs didn't go off at all. Now it's Myrmidons turn. There is quite a lot of them so I think hand-to-hand combat is unavoidable.

19.jpg

We start throwing bombs in hope of detonating some satchel charges. Also I noticed I put all my berserkers on the right flank and this could easily cost us one dwarf, so we move some to the left.

20.jpg

Shit started exploding and I must say that even though our archers are still fresh, they do pretty fucking good job. It must be beacuse of high ground we are standing on.

21.jpg

Ok, time to evacuate our range units.

22.jpg

23.jpg

Berserkers chopped myrmidons to pieces and we can regroup.

24.jpg

Ok, we are ready. Oh and I keep some soldiers near the legion eagle because I'm not sure from how many sides enemy will attack.

25.jpg

Yeah, I thought so. I ordered one group of berserkers to help soldiers near the eagle.

26.jpg

One group of berserkers won't do. We tell everyone to get in here...

27.jpg

Most of the archers and two dwarfs guards eagle from the north.

28.jpg

And this is our Wizna (or Alamo for you american barbarians).

29.jpg

First wave of thralls is coming and unfortunately from such angle that only one dwarf get throw bombs at them.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

They did what they could, which is not much, and we order them to fall back and send in the 'zerks.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

And then we order archers and dwarfs to get back on positions because another wave is coming.

39.jpg

I noticed they brought some dwarfs. One berserker will try to troll them while I ordered archers to pick them off.

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

We lost one dwarf. But they are loosing much more.

43.jpg

Enemy dwarfs are dead so we order archers to fall back and send berserkers to mop up.

44.jpg

45.jpg

And now we prepare for another attack...

47.jpg

48.jpg

This time just dwarfs. One berserker is dodging molotovs while archers try to shoot those little cunts.

49.jpg

shit...

50.jpg

There are satchel charges everywhere. We are basically fighting on a fucking minefield.

51.jpg

52.jpg

Ok, they are dead. NEXT!

53.jpg

Looks like fir'Bolgs are next on the menu.

54.jpg

We try to troll them with berserker but they have Myrmidons support so this whole mission starts to look bleak.

55.jpg

56.jpg

Enemy archers grouped in one place so we order dwarf to throw bombs at them. We have to be careful though, we are running out of fucking dwarfs.

57.jpg

58.jpg

Archer died. And there is no way to check what his name and kill-count was so thats why I didn't bothered to name units after codexers.

59.jpg

But dorf essploded his target. Goddamn that's beautiful... if you are into this kind of stuff, of course.

60.jpg

Archers attack failed, and they had only one Myrmidon so I pooped my pants for no reason.

61.jpg

Proper Myrmidon attack. Not much we can do about it but shoot them a little and then send berserkers.

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

It's not obvious on screenshots but Myrmidons are not fighting back. They just want to get to our archers.

67.jpg

68.jpg

And that didn't fucking worked very well for them. Dwarfs, again. I can do dwarfs...

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

Silly dwarfs. NEXT!

73.jpg

Lone dwarf approaches...

74.jpg

He's friendly but we can save poor bugger.

75.jpg

I don't know what the hell this was all about.

76.jpg

Large enemy force approaches. Dwarf probably tried to warn us.

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

We used mandrake root on myrmidon and it seems to work. So they are undead after all. Well, I prefer to think about them as still sort-of living creatures. So if someone asks, it didn't happened...

80.jpg

Ok, now time to take care of Thralls.

81.jpg

They have archers so we send three berserkers to troll them.

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

To hell with trolling. Fuck 'em up guys!

85.jpg

86.jpg

... YOU ARE FUCKING KIDDING ME!

87.jpg

88.jpg

Not much we can do now. Trying to give archers more time to shoot him by running berserkers around will not work, Trow's are faster than berserkers.

89.jpg

90.jpg

We try to swamp this motherfucker with berserkers. And tell archers to fuck off because shooting 'zerks in the back won't help.

91.jpg

It looks like they are exploding when they touch him. But he's actually kicking them, I just cant fucking take a screenshot of this.

92.jpg

STOP EXPLODING!

93.jpg

Ok, they got him. And we can see him kick!

94.jpg

Die, you son of a bitch!

95.jpg

Well, this was long-ass mission.

debrief.jpg

But some of us actually survived it!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
The Watcher, The Deceiver, Shiver... the names of the Fallen Lords remind me of Glenn Cook's :obviously: Black Company series. The Evil Empire found there was governed by the Lady and her most powerful agents with delightful names such as Soulcatcher, The Limper, The Howler, Stormbringer, Shapeshifter, etc. It helps, of course, that every sorcerer in the Black Company setting had to use a moniker instead of his true name, as knowing one's true name granted power over him. As a bonus, the Fallen Lords are opposed by the Nine, while the Lady faced a rebellion by the Circle of Eighteen.

The Watcher, The Deceiver, Shiver... the names of the Fallen Lords remind me of Glenn Cook's :obviously: Black Company series. The Evil Empire found there was governed by the Lady and her most powerful agents with delightful names such as Soulcatcher, The Limper, The Howler, Stormbringer, Shapeshifter, etc. It helps, of course, that every sorcerer in the Black Company setting had to use a moniker instead of his true name, as knowing one's true name granted power over him. As a bonus, the Fallen Lords are opposed by the Nine, while the Lady faced a rebellion by the Circle of Eighteen.

I think that Bungie never hide the fact that Myth is pretty much rip-off of Black Company. I never read it though so I don't knowk how much stuff is based on mr Cook's books. I don't think I will ever read black company because I'm allergic to fantasy literature, I found it awful and there is nothing to be done about it. Friend once recommended me "Boży Bojownicy" series by Sapkowski because "it all historical and shit and Sapkowski is best fantasy writer blah blah" It was worst shit I ever read. Since then I can't even look at fantasy books.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
"Boży Bojownicy" is very much the :decline: of Sapkowski after the excellent Witcher series. Don't judge the genre by those shitty books! And do try Cook if you can. His books ARE good. Storywise, Myth is completely original. The themes, however, are very, very similar and I find it pleasing :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom