Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Myth 2: Soulblighter

The Ibis Crown

Friday February 27, Muirthemne

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Well, well... Muirthemne holds magical McGuffin, who would have thought? Anyway, Alric needs Ibis Crown, we don't know what this crown actually do (and it's never explained) but he want's it. If he want's it, he will get it because YOU DON'T FUCK WITH ALRIC. I actually start thinking that Soulblighter is just silly superstition and this whole shebang is just Alric's plot to gain absolute power.

1.jpg

Mrowaksu and Cappen are still alive and kicking I hope their experience will pay off because I know we will need archers in this mission.

2.jpg

Ovg and NightGoat were only survivors of Game of Trows but we resurrected Storyfag hoping that he will survive more than 5 seconds this time.

3.jpg

As we entered the tombs we witnessed some ghostly apparitions fighting eachother. But after return of Myrkridia and meeting Deceiver it's really hard to impress Legion soldiers so no fucks were given.

4.jpg

Ghostly apparitions just dissapeared mysteriously, I'm sure they won't be back to kill us so let's start looking for the crown.

5.jpg

More ghost, dorfs this time so we better prepare ourselves.

6.jpg

We've sent Ovg to get dorf attention but they just ignored him.

7.jpg

Then fire arrows assploded satchel charges and ghosts "died".

8.jpg

We had some more on our right but DraQMini dealt with it.

1.jpg

More coming.

2.jpg

Shame that most of those satchel charges will be wasted like that.

3.jpg

Ovg catched bomb on his face but he survived and he's about to chop dorf to pieces.

4.jpg

Fuck, another wave. Ovg! RUN!

5.jpg

Ovg recieved mandrake root and we can keep fending off ghostly dorfs.

6.jpg

Ok, there were two more waves bo we managed to deal with them not losing anyone. Now we will send DraQ to pick up remaning Satchel charges and we can continue.

1.jpg

We reached another hill so probably more magical shit will happen...

2.jpg

Actually, nothing happened.

3.jpg

But we reached corridor full of Stygian Knights statues. I happen to remember that those statues come to live if you get too close to them so we will send everyone to the other side of this corridor one by one.

4.jpg

Like so.

5.jpg

Then I noticed whole shitton of dorfs following us.

6.jpg

Fortunately there is very nice defensive hill here.

7.jpg

8.jpg

SPLAT!

9.jpg

SPLATTITY-

10.jpg

-SPLAT!

1.jpg

Codexers marching on like nothing fucking happened.

2.jpg

Oh, hai.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I think that dwarven ghosts prepare some fireworks for us...

6.jpg

7.jpg

Some Myrkridia ghosts survived and we have to finish them.

8.jpg

9.jpg

And we can enter mysterious room Myrkridia were guarding.

1.jpg

I think I shouldn't tell dorfs to go first.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Fortunately, ghosts just disappeared.

4.jpg

Another statues corridor. We have to send everyone one at a time again.

5.jpg

We noticed more ghosts while we were going through this corridor...

6.jpg

They entered huge flashing circle on the floor and teleported somwhere, giving us hint what to do.

7.jpg

So, we also entered this circle...

8.jpg

And teleported to other part of Muirthemne crypts.

9.jpg

Straight into archers ambush.

10.jpg

RETREAT! that's a job for berserkers.

11.jpg

12.jpg

We did it and no one died.

13.jpg

Now we will heal up our 'zerks and keep moving.

1.jpg

I decieded to send scout this time. And it proved to be right decision because we have more ghost archers.

2.jpg

Rudnir will keep dancing while help is coming.

3.jpg

Awww shieet Rudnir, you suck.

4.jpg

Then ghosts just disappeared.

5.jpg

-FUUUUUUUUUU

6.jpg

But those guys also vanished. We will Ovg as a scout this time.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Ok, they vanished again.

4.jpg

We reached room with a crown. Unfortunately crown is guarded by Myrkridia.

5.jpg

Time to make use of our satchel charges.

6.jpg

7.jpg

It didn't done as much as I hoped.

8.jpg

Now we have to fight survivors.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Amazingly, codexerks survived. We also lost two journeymen but that's not a big deal, we need only one to pick up the crown.

11.jpg

WEEEE!

12.jpg

Now Alric can be all properly royal and shit.

Redemption

Monday March 2, Muirthemne

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Journeymen are gone, say hello to Heron Guard.

4.jpg

Also, Forces of Darkness decided to ruin Alric's party and attack Muirthemne. We have to defend it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

MYRKRIDIA GIANTS!

7.jpg

DUDE, BRING A FUCKING ARMY!

1.jpg

Giants are gone but now regular Myrkridia are storming the walls.

2.jpg

For now there is only one way into the city so we can easily defend it.

3.jpg

Cavalry arrived!

1.jpg

Well, not really cavalry but good enough.

2.jpg

Now we have to leave safety of our walls because Ghols with satchel charges will soon arrive. We shall keep all codexers together with Trows as one group.

1.jpg

But first let's splat this group.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Ghols are coming. Codexers have to get them because they are fastest group.

4.jpg

STOP THAT!

5.jpg

SERIOUSLY, STOP!

6.jpg

Giant!

7.jpg

We will send Hervard to catch exploding skulls for the team and then we shall nuke Giant with mortars.

8.jpg

9.jpg

He dodged it! Good job Hervard!

10.jpg

Then dorfs killed the giant.

1.jpg

More Myrkridia coming from the other side of the map. Fortunately they don't have any satchel charges.

2.jpg

But they do.

3.jpg

4.jpg

SPLAT!

5.jpg

Now we shall send Trows after ghols.

6.jpg

Another Giant, non-codexian group will deal with him.

1.jpg

2.jpg

No shit?

3.jpg

4.jpg

Leave our fucking wall alone.

5.jpg

Now codexers have to deal with another giant.

6.jpg

Which is not that hard since they have Trows.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Oh, crap...

9.jpg

Wheeew!

10.jpg

11.jpg

Now, please get the Ghols.

1.jpg

2nd Group dealt with Ghols and now they have another Giant on their asses.

2.jpg

I tried to make Giant waste it's skull attack on berserker but it decided to just bitchslap him.

3.jpg

But it gave enough time for our dorfs to assplode the giant.

4.jpg

Soulless, not that dangerous since we have mortars.

5.jpg

In the south, codexers got saved by brave Trow who took giant's skull attack for the team.

6.jpg

And soulless got assploded in the north.

7.jpg

I thought Trows will be enough help for codexers but they are not as good at crowd-control as mortars and we may have a problem here.

8.jpg

But we did it, Cassidy barely survived but he will recieve mandrake root.

9.jpg

Also, more fucking giants.

1.jpg

2.jpg

He missed, fortunately.

3.jpg

Southern group is in some deep shit though because I sent few heron guards from here to heal our codexers.

4.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!

5.jpg

But now they have to fight two giants at once and I bet it won't end pretty.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Glorious casualties!

1.jpg

Then some more useless soulless arrived and got assploded by mortars.

2.jpg

Now, that's bad.

3.jpg

RETREAT!

4.jpg

We joined both our groups and we better prepare ourselves for some CASUALTIES! because dorfs won't get here in time.

5.jpg

6.jpg

We've lost a Trow.

7.jpg

And another one.

8.jpg

And then general slash-fest commenced and only Ovg, Storyfag and Cassidy survived.

9.jpg

Such is war. People tend to die during those.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
God, I hate that mission. Myth is a cunt like that, you get some cool new units only to have them all get killed in their first fight.

8.jpg

Oh, you seem to have missed me! I am standing right there, next to Ovg! Perfectly alive and all!

The Relic

Sunday April 19, Forest Heart

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Another forest trip! because last one went so great!

4.jpg

At least this time we have Fallen Lord with us.

And my screenshots are all fucking bleached again. I convert them to JPG on my own and they look fine until I upload them to Picasaweb. As soon as they got uploaded they look like someone spilled Nirvana debut all over them, so that's NOT my fault guys, sorry, Picasaweb is too damn convinient to pass on it even if it's part of google that bleach your pictures and sell them to U.S government.

1.jpg

We have company but Deceiver got this. Myrdred's special power won't be very surprising if you read my LP of TFL, in which he brainwashed part of our army and we had to fight it during Shadow of the Mountain mission.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Yup, we can WOLOLOLO enemy units to our side. Unfortunately we can't do that with undead or giant units (and for some reason, Fetch, who are neither undead nor giants).

1.jpg

Jew_Master and Haba died in last mission but got better. Also, we gave Azira a chance to troll Roxorowski by being smug, it's a chance he better not squander. DraQMini, Cappen and Mrowaksu are still with us and rest of living codexers (Storyfag, Imperator, Ovg, NighGoat) have to wait for their turn.

1.jpg

This map is goddamn huge and there is no indication where Tain shard could be so we have to wonder around. I don't think Myth have something like "respawning enemies" but our resources are limited (even though we can stack on mandrake root on this map a little).

2.jpg

We spotted enemy patrol and decided to WOLOLOLO Maul in the center of it.

3.jpg

And then our archers shall shoot soulless using chaos that ensued.

4.jpg

"Our" Maul died but whatever.

5.jpg

We told our second Maul to charge ahead making some enemies chase him and then we shall deal with whatever is going after us.

6.jpg

Myrdred can deal with one Maul on his own and Jew_Master on our left flank shall run around giving codexers some free hits on other maul.

7.jpg

Our master-baiter died but he was a Maul so no one gives a shit.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Now we will wait a while for Myrdred's mana to regenerate and then we shall continue looking for Tain shard.

1.jpg

We've found some satchel charges laying around. I don't use them very often but we will tell our dorfs to pick them up anyway.

2.jpg

DraQ stumbled upon another enemy patrol while he was picking up satchel charges. Let's send Myrdred here.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Now run old man!

5.jpg

Our archers managed to kill Fetch even though he had meat shields in form of Mauls.

6.jpg

Then second Fetch died and we can prepare to assplode mauls and dance with the Soulless.

7.jpg

8.jpg

We had to heal Myrdred and then waste two mandrake roots on dorfs because they almost killed themselves with bombs. But everyone is alive and we can continue.

1.jpg

Or not, another patrol.

2.jpg

Our dorfs prepared trap for Mauls and it will be Myrdred's job to lure them straight into it.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Faster old man!

5.jpg

6.jpg

SPLAT!

7.jpg

Now Heron Guard have to challenge remaining Mauls to mortal combat.

8.jpg

Our Heron Guard were doing too good so our bowmen decided to shoot Cassidy in the back a little.

9.jpg

But our wasteland ranger survived. Unfortunately we are running low on mandrake roots.

1.jpg

DraQ was scavenging for satchel charges...

2.jpg

When he noticed plants that can be chopped to get mandrake roots.

3.jpg

We will have to cross a river to get to them though.

1.jpg

River guarded by Soulless. To make matter worse, it's bloody hard to see their javelins on this dark map.

2.jpg

But at least our archers have high ground.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Now we will send Haba ahead to get those plant and see if there is anything more to be had there.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Haba found two mandrake roots and used one to heal himself.

3.jpg

And then we stumbled blindly on another another patrol while we were looking for more plants on 8x speed. Fortunately this patrol lost interest in chasing us rather quickly.

1.jpg

So we sneaked up on them again and manage to cross bridge they guarded.

2.jpg

Charging blindly into another patrol.

3.jpg

Myrdred is WOLOLOLing Maul while our dorf tries to quickly prepare small minefield.

4.jpg

5.jpg

I completely wasted our minefield but majority of Maul is chasing their brainwashed friend.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Time for Heron Guard charge.

9.jpg

During which Corprate_Jew_Master died.

1.jpg

I just noticed more mandrake root plants on the other side of the river. There are some Myrkridia running around there and we will have to go through patrol we avoided but I really want those mandrake roots.

2.jpg

We will use some Deciever cheese.

3.jpg

WOLOLO one Maul and then just run away so they won't chase us.

4.jpg

Then I speed up the game too much and Albert Tokaj died during our bowmen duel with Soulless. Fortunately he was only casualty and our bowmen managed to destroy Soulless patrol so I will call that a win. Also, It turned out we can't reach those plants by backtracking so we don't have to deal with this patrol we avoided, let's move along.

1.jpg

We will have to sneak past Soulless patrol because we don't have health to fight them.

2.jpg

We did it but we stumbled upon Myrkridia, fortunately just one.

3.jpg

GET OVER HERE!

4.jpg

There comes another one but Myrdred is out of mana.

5.jpg

So we had to kill it. What a waste.

6.jpg

Don't play games with us old man!

1.jpg

There is our plant and Myrkridia for Myrdred.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Now Haba can get mandrake root.

4.jpg

Fetch tried to suprise us while we were fucking around with plants.

5.jpg

But our bowmen killed it and we recieved special prize in form of another Myrkridia.

6.jpg

And another one.

1.jpg

Ok, we can't WOLOLO all of them.

2.jpg

We have four Myrkridia and that's plenty.

3.jpg

It should be enough to deal with this attack.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Unfortunately, Azira died.

6.jpg

And I hope Tain shard is near because we are running out of men.

1.jpg

2.jpg

There is another Myrkridia patrol here and we are low on men so I decided to try something different...

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

Our Myrkridia died and we have to try this shit again.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Unfortunately we alarmed Soulless patrol.

5.jpg

6.jpg

And they made our Myrkridia go berserk but our archers managed to kill Soulless... Let's do this shit again!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ok, we are done with this patrol and we lost only two myrkridia.

1.jpg

More plants, that's good because we have at least one more patrol to deal with.

2.jpg

Now run Myrkridia! BE FREE! REALISE YOUR DREAMS!!

3.jpg

Only two Myrkridia decided to go after us.

4.jpg

We assploded one.

5.jpg

And the other one is like "fuck it! I'M OUT!".

6.jpg

Our runaway Myrkridia found the tain shard! But that's last thing it saw because it got raped by giants.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

SPLAT!

4.jpg

The fuck are you talking about Deceiver? Nevermind, he's old.

1.jpg

Come, my little Myrkridia! this is not place for you!

2.jpg

We avoided Maul patrol and now we have to deal with Tain guards.

3.jpg

Myrkridia will catch skull attack for the team.

4.jpg

Myrdred WOLOLO'd one monkey and we will send it after Fetch.

5.jpg

And our skull-catcher will lure patrol away.

6.jpg

We failed to kill Fetch and our patrol lurer died.

1.jpg

CHARGE!

2.jpg

3.jpg

Bowmen, please kill remaning Fetch. Rest of you CHAAAARGE!

4.jpg

Our Heron Guard killed Giant which is almost fucking miracle. Especially since so few of them died in the process.

5.jpg

But now we have patrol on our ass.

6.jpg

Five Monkey Bloody Stone! SAVE US!

7.jpg

He got Assploded and didn't saved us.

8.jpg

Haba, Cassidy, heal yourselves, this is your fucking last stand.

9.jpg

MOVE YOUR ASS YOU OLD BASTARD!

10.jpg

Our Heron Guard went BOOM!

11.jpg

But they guarded our dorfs and bowmen long enough for Myrdred to pick up Tain shard.

12.jpg

One Heron Guard survived and it's probably this smug bastard on debriefing screen. Also, this is my biggest updated, even Myth TFL "Homecoming" was shorter.

Now I have a fucking problem. I will not have access to my main PC for a week or two (more likely two). My secondary PC can't handle Europa Barbarorum (So EB LP is on hold... JUST LIKE HEIMDALL WOOOO!) and it have windows 98 which have one big drawback - I can't use Picasaweb multiple uploads with Win98 so I will have upload each and every screenshot one at a time (The Relic have 120 screenshots, for example). But... I did SoTHR and Myth: TFL like that so we should be fine, in theory.

On the bright side, I won't have access to my main PC because I go to a place where I don't have anything else to do than chop wood, and that get's old quite fast, so update rate should be higher.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Now I have a fucking problem. I will not have access to my main PC for a week or two (more likely two). My secondary PC can't handle Europa Barbarorum (So EB LP is on hold... JUST LIKE HEIMDALL WOOOO!) and it have windows 98 which have one big drawback - I can't use Picasaweb multiple uploads with Win98 so I will have upload each and every screenshot one at a time (The Relic have 120 screenshots, for example). But... I did SoTHR and Myth: TFL like that so we should be fine, in theory.

On the bright side, I won't have access to my main PC because I go to a place where I don't have anything else to do than chop wood, and that get's old quite fast, so update rate should be higher.

You can alternate between choping wood and choping undeads, what else do you need?

The Summoner

Monday April 20, Inside the Tain

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

We have to kill the Summoner to stop him from summoning THE ULTIMATE EVIL!

1.jpg

But first we have to find the bitch. Also, that one Heron Guard who survived The Relic was Haba, good job man! We also respawned Azira, Jew Master and Cassidy but they are demoted to newbie status (but they are still Heron Guard).

2.jpg

We have some crystals here, the same ones we were collecting while we were trapped inside the Tain during TFL. We will tell DraQMini to grab one and put it in it's place. But now we need one more for something awesome to happen.

3.jpg

And it's being guarded by Myrkridia and Fetch.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Our new pet will kill Fetch while we deal with his former friends.

3.jpg

4.jpg

SPLAT! Now Heron Guard charge!

5.jpg

Flawless victory!

6.jpg

And we even gained a new friend!

1.jpg

We told DraQ to pick up the gemstone...

2.jpg

And then put it where it belongs after we setup up a minefield because surely, nothing horrible will happen when he drops this gemstone into the hole...

3.jpg

4.jpg

SURPRISE!

5.jpg

GO MY MINION! ATTACK THE FETCH!

6.jpg

I hope Myrdred is is resistant to explosions...

7.jpg

SPLAT!

8.jpg

Yes he is, now our bowmen have to deal with Fetch.

9.jpg

Which wasn't that hard since it was only one Fetch without support.

1.jpg

2.jpg

There are more patrols here but we have nice defensive bottle-neck thingy here.

3.jpg

We wololo'd one Myrkridia to kill Fetch and now we have to prepare ourselves to fend off Myrkridia attack.

4.jpg

By all means avaible to us, exploding shit and fire-arrows included.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Bowmen! Kill the Fetch plox!

7.jpg

Good job! now the other one!

8.jpg

Myrdred catched couple lightnings on his face so we have to heal him and we can continue looking for Summoner.

1.jpg

There is another patrol, we need to kill them because they happen to patrol place where another gemstone is.

2.jpg

3.jpg

SPLAT!

4.jpg

I failed to properly micro manage our Lurekridia and it died.

5.jpg

Now, that's fucking strange. Our bowmen decided to suck balls and our dwarf had to kill Fetch. Fetch manage to cast lightning bolt before it exploded... but this lightning bolt just dissapeared not killing anyone. Well, fuck we were lucky.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Then Myrdred got wounded again because I sent our Heron Guard to late. Well, it's still better for him to tank a little because he have tons of hitpoints and we can heal him with one mandrake root.

1.jpg

I think that's the last patrol here but we will send scout to make sure because I was wrong couple times in this LP already and when I'm wrong people tend to die horribly.

2.jpg

Nah, it's clear.

3.jpg

We picked up gemstone and put it in it's place. Now we need another one.

1.jpg

Another patrol.

2.jpg

Fortunately it didn't noticed us because fucking Myrdred got stuck between archers.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Drag them away from us!

5.jpg

It's again time to check how resistant to explosions Myrdred is.

6.jpg

SPLAT!

7.jpg

Heron Guard died and I think it was Jew Master.

8.jpg

Myrkridia chasing our lure-master are back, dorfs will have to deal with them.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Ok, we killed this patrol. Too bad we lost Heron Guard.

1.jpg

Now let's check if way to another gemstone is clear (spiders should be non-hostile).

2.jpg

Nope, it's not.

3.jpg

RUN FWIFFO!

4.jpg

Let's wololo one myrkridia for a distraction.

5.jpg

SPLAT!

6.jpg

SPLAT!

7.jpg

And then Myrdred and Bowmen took care of Fetch. It was pretty much flawless victory but distraction Myrkridia died and DraQmini got a little fucked up but everyone is alive (even Fwiffo).

1.jpg

Way to the gemstone is finally clear so let's pick it up...

2.jpg

And put it in it's place.

3.jpg

It opened way for us to another room full of non-hostile spiders. Unfortunately spiders will become hostile as soon as we pick up this flashing MacGuffin laying on the floor. And we need this thing.

4.jpg

So let's put everyone in defensive formation. We don't have to worry about Myrdred, he can take care of himself.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Ok, let's start this shit.

7.jpg

There was a lot of those guys but they didn't kill anyone so we can continue.

8.jpg

You may remember those pillars from TFL. They do exactly same thing here and that's why we needed this flashing thing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Because it gives Myrdred immunity to lightning and we rest of our soldiers can safely get through this trap.

3.jpg

To kill the bitch. But first...

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

Fucking forced dialogues...

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Does he fucking know WHO WE ARE?

2.jpg

Git some!

3.jpg

He teleported our Myrkridia to random place in the Tain but whatevs, this fight is piss easy as long as he don't teleport Myrdred.

4.jpg

5.jpg

SPLAT!

6.jpg

His bodyguard Myrkridia are dead and now he must resurrect more help. Thanks to myrdred we won't have any problems dealing with one or two Myrkridia at a time.

7.jpg

We had to kill Fwiffo though.

8.jpg

Bring it bitch! he walks around looking for Myrkridia skulls (he needs them to bring them back to life) while our archers are pounding the shit out of him.

9.jpg

Aaaand he died.

10.jpg

Celebratory Myrkridia fireworks!

11.jpg

Unfortunately we lost Jew Master.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was interesting that you never really learned who the hell the Summoner was. Some random hobo hiding his magical summoning powers from the world?

Cassidy

Arcane
What are the Heron Guard like, in both speed and combat skills? Berserkers with healing abilities, better in combat than berserkers or somewhere between berserkers and common soldiers?

What are the Heron Guard like, in both speed and combat skills? Berserkers with healing abilities, better in combat than berserkers or somewhere between berserkers and common soldiers?

They move slower than berserkers but I think they attack faster and they are armored, which makes them better unit in combat. 'zerks moving speed is still extremely useful so Heron Guard are not always "better". But they can heal other units and are (I think) only unit in game that can be fully healed with mandrake root.

They still can't take on Myrkridia and can't outrun them if need be. So, if we are fighting Myrkridia, I would rather have berserkers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom