Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Myth 2: Soulblighter

Ok, it is this time of a year.

I'm still doing let's play of EB as Sweboz and this LP will not interfere with it at all because we are quite late in the campaign, game runs like crap and crashes every two battles so I don't think I can still keep posting one update of EB per day without killing someone. So I decided to finally LP Soulblighter. Why Soulblighter? Because I said I will and because it's my third favorite game ever made (After Fallout and Myth: TFL) and since I'm no-life who have been playing dem vidya games since I was a kid who couldn't yet read that says a lot, whole lot.

Now for story:

I could copypasta wikipedia article here but that would be professional and probably better for you so nope, I'm going to write what I think is happening. We stopped leveler, chopped his head off and chucked it into Great Devoid, so he should be gone now right? nope, that's what humanity been doing ever since fucker appeared and it never worked. But only 60 years have passed, not a thousand, it's not a time for another "circle" - that's actually true and it is simple, yet very important thing telling that Myth 2 is not about "evul returns lol, kill it plox".

Intro:

I'm going to play on Legendary again but this time I will make Codexian Soldiers because I very much enjoyed getting you killed in The Fallen Lords, so, if anyone wants to die please tell me as whom. Your choice:

Warrior - We will use them from beginning to almost very end, they are our most simple, yet quite effective (well, as cannon fodder...) melee unit.

Archer - Basic range unit, using them properly is completely vital to finishing this game but they still can have quite high casualty rate.

Berserker - They come to the party a little later than warriors but are faster and deadlier. But they are still melee unit so they will drop like flies.

Heron Guard - Elite melee unit. Can't say anything else because they are extremely important to the plot.

Dwarf - Deadly as fuck molotov chucking artillery. But since they are so few I can't let many of them getting killed.

There are more units in Myth 2 but that's your choice. In first mission, which will be posted today-ish, I will use Codexers who were fighting Fallen Lords in my previous Myth LP. But you can become recruit after first mission.

----------------------------------
Mission 1: Willow Creek
Mission 2: Salvation
Mission 3: Down a Broken Path
Mission 4: Into the Breach
Mission 5: The Baron
Mission 6: Gonen's Bridge
Mission 7: Beyond the Cloudspine
Mission 8: The Great Library
Mission 9: Gate of Storms
Mission 10: Landing at White Falls
Mission 11: Through the Ermine
Mission 12: The Stair of Grief
Mission 13: The Deceiver
Mission 14: With Friends Like This
Mission 15: Walls of Muirthemne
Mission 16: The Ibis Crown
Mission 17: Redemption
Mission 18: The Relic
Mission 19: The Summoner
Bonus Mission: Limbs, Heads and Smoking Craters
Mission 20: The Wall
Mission 21: Shiver
Mission 22: Twice Born
Mission 23: The Forge
----------------------------------

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Oh, goody, goody good. :bounce:

I want to be a dragon in the first meatshield squad. Make me an Archer...

Willow Creek

Monday August 25, Near Willow Creek

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

bat1.jpg

I bet our narrator won't be so relaxed in future missions briefings. But anyway, we are part of Legion again, and we are here to watch for this village because peasants seems to be shitting their pants for some reason. We don't yet know why they are so afraid but will surely find out soon. Also, you may be surprised why Legion is still around because quite a few years passed since TFL events, and Legion was destroyed anyway. Well, Alric decided to call every Human army "Legion" now. Supposedly in honor of those who sacrificed themselves at Balor's keep walls.

bat2.jpg

Never underestimate power of "Naming recruits after glorious elites of the past", this shit works and our small group is here to prove it. Among our recruits Legion members are

Mrowak - Bowmen. Fir'Bolg decided they have enough of fighting outside their homeland and they are no longer part of human armies. But they offered to teach humans their art and now humans have their own archers (who sports very spiffy facial hairs in honor of their teachers).

Azira, Eklektyk and Draq are back as warriors and this time I will try to keep them alive for longer than two missions.

bat3.jpg

bat4.jpg

This guy is not kidding, town is really under attack and attackers don't look like brigands to me. Those dudes are ghasts, fresh undead that can later be turned into Wights. Ghast are weakest undead unit but they have quite interesting "lore" to them. Apparently, they still have some memories of their past lives and often wander around places they used to live in. They can even react to their names and recognize people they knew. This makes them confused as shit and that's why they attack so slowly. Their touch is paralyzing so leader of our archers - Mrowak, will have his hands full.

bat5.jpg

Whatever their deal is, we have to stop them from destroying Willow Creek.

bat6.jpg

We spotted first group of Ghasts. They are busy slapping the shit out of some peasants so, like a real heroes, we shall do nothing to save those peasants and just prepare to defend ourselves.

bat7.jpg

Mrowak will open this bitch up with few volleys and then Ivoldi will chuck flaming shit or two.

bat8.jpg

bat9.jpg

Ivoldi got a little carried away but even dorf can outrun Ghasts.

bat10.jpg

They got too close for our range guys so we have to spread out and try to isolate few ghasts.

bat11.jpg

Our elite three Codexers will fight two ghasts while unwashed warriors deal with the rest.

bat12.jpg

And we have first paralyzed dudes. I think I forgot how to Myth.

bat13.jpg

But disaster was averted and everyone survived. Let's never charge blindly with melee units again.

Azira: 1 kill
Mrowak: 2 kills

Eklektyk and DraQ were too busy being paralyzed to kill anything.

UO0001.jpg

We can regroup and continue our ghast hunt.

2.jpg

We reached what seems to be village center, it's infested with the undead and Mrowak's archers team have serious troubles saving us from being completely surrounded by ghasts.

3.jpg

That looks like job for a dorf.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Dwarf's bombs are very effective against Ghasts but we still have to fall back.

6.jpg

But Mrowak will cover our tactical retreat.

8.jpg

7.jpg

And he won't let fleeing peasants distract his men from their job.

9.jpg

Ok, dorf time again.

10.jpg

11.jpg

Now our warriors have to earn their pay (if they even get paid, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't).

12.jpg

Another fucking ghast congo line. FALL BACK!

13.jpg

That's nice open field, we should be allright here.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Unfortunately ghasts are not close enough to each other for our dorf to kill them all so we have to fall back even further.

16.jpg

And we have to be careful as hell because being touched by ghast is sure death for our range units.

19.jpg

18.jpg

Speed advantage should save us though.

20.jpg

We are almost done with the first group but unfortunately another one is coming our way.

21.jpg

I had to use our warriors again, which is very risky but necessary this time.

22.jpg

Fortunately we managed to avoid casualties.

23.jpg

Fucking tunnel vision, all this time we were retreating straight into river. I might have got us into a dead-end.

24.jpg

Unless we somehow manage to weasel our way out of this.

25.jpg

Which we did but now we have another group to deal with.

26.jpg

Two large groups may be too much for one dwarf so we will try to force them to join up.

27.jpg

Like so.

28.jpg

Now Ivoldi will have much easier time assploding them.

29.jpg

30.jpg

And we won! I don't even know if we managed to save any villagers but who gives a shit, we won!

debrief.jpg

I completely lost track of how much shit Codexers killed but that's how it is in Myth.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Roxorowski the dwarf is ready to throw molotovs at unsuspecting comrades :troll:

So we have two dwarfs (Tindrli and Roxorowski) two berserkers (Fag of Many Stories and Zbój Łamignat) Cassidy as Heron Guard and we shall think about something for Night Goat (but I'm leaning towards Berserker here, because of Goat's name). Thanks everyone for participation and you shall die tomorrow... because I'm drunk so no update today +M

Oh, I'm still looking for recruits. I'm not going to Iron Man it (I'm not good enough) but there still will be many casualties.

Heron Guard also pls.

NEVER FORGET ALRIK, MURGEN AND THE REST OF THE BROS WHO DIED SO THE DECLINE MAY FALL. NEVER 4GET THE SACRIFICE OF DA LEGION, TRUE PATRIOTS TO THE LAST :salute:

I think the second game has a better naration as well. The ending with

The storyteller competing to join the Heron Guard
left me with nice memories of the game. Really gives a Black Company vibe.

JoKa

Cipher
Very nice to see you finally LPing this!

Sign me up as anything you want, as long as I get reincarnated regularly...

Salvation

Monday August 25, Willow Creek

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Fucking bungie did with this mission same thing they did in first mission of Myth TFL. Normally I would probably LARP grizzled veteran who don't give a crap about some peasants but narrator said that inhabitants of Willow Creek tended to our wounds. And now I couldn't say NO even if I had the option because I seriously feel bad for those guys, just like I felt bad for guys near Crow's Bridge when they offered to give us basically all they had to save them.

5.jpg

Our scout (it's actually Eklektyk) is back and said that brigands are indeed keeping some hostages here. Also, Tindrli the dwarf joined us, rest of you still have to wait because that's only new guys we recieved and I don't want to rename veterans.

6.jpg

Holy shit Azira, "let's move on"? Well, if Azira really want's to be our leader here, he can. But remember, if I fuck up here it's Azira's fault!

7.jpg

But first we have to get into some formation. We shall keep Mrowak's finest in front, dwarf on a flank and warriors nowhere fucking near danger.

8.jpg

Enemy spotted! EXTERMINATE WITH EXTREME FLAMING SHIT!

9.jpg

Oh, Myth 2 actually does keep track of all kills. It says that Ivoldi killed 119 (game crashed and I had to redo final part of last mission so results may vary) undead so it will be possible now to keep track of codexers kills.

10.jpg

More ghasts coming but I'm sure that Mrowak got this shit.

11.jpg

Indeed.

1.jpg

There is more but I don't think we even have to use our dorfs for this.

2.jpg

We spotted some brigands. They are faster and weaker version of our warriors so we have to watch out for them.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Brigands are too fast for our archers so we have to rely on dwarfs.

5.jpg

And thanks to awful weather our dwarfs are pretty much useless.

6.jpg

Shit, I put my warriors all wrong and Tindrli is in deep shit now... IT'S AZIRA'S FAULT!

7.jpg

We managed to save our dorfs, Tindrli got slashed once or twice but he's alive.

8.jpg

We have another group coming but this time I put our warriors on flanks so we should be fine.

9.jpg

10.jpg

And even one bomb assploded!

11.jpg

Spiffy cool close up showing how nice this game can look.

12.jpg

We exterminated brigands and Codexers can continue their Amazing Journey.

1.jpg

Enemy spotted! and thanks to my meta-game knowledge I know we can't let those guys escape.

2.jpg

Some ghasts are coming out from the water but there is too few of them for Mrowak to give any fucks.

3.jpg

We removed un from the dead and we can start our sneaky ambush.

4.jpg

Sneaky, sneaky...

5.jpg

WATCH YOUR FUCKING WHOREMOUTH! THIS IS GAME FOR KIDS!

6.jpg

Some of them managed to survive dorf bomb assplosion but our warriors are on their tails.

7.jpg

Aww shiet, I didn't remember that.

8.jpg

We stopped Brigands from escaping but now we have to chop few ghasts.

9.jpg

Codexers got their asses paralyzed a bit but there were no casualties.

10.jpg

We have found captured villagers and DraQ is getting ready to free them.

11.jpg

Villagers are free but DraQ failed his hide check.

12.jpg

And now we have to GTFO before army of darkness gets us.

13.jpg

DraQ feels personally responsible for this failure so he risks his life to save villagers.

14.jpg

Well, fuck. Villagers are slow as hell so we will have to kill those brigands.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

We killed first wave but there is more coming so we have to seriously get the fuck out of here.

18.jpg

RUN!

19.jpg

FUCK VILLAGERS! JUST RUN!

20.jpg

Well, we saved one :M

debrief.jpg

This screen is fucking full of lies and deceit. NO DAMAGE, TRUE STORY.

DraQ

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom