Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Mother 3 (Completed)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Much :love: to this LP. :salute:

lightbane

Arcane
I'm posting this here because I think it should be mentioned:

http://www.n-sider.com/blog/2012/06/earthbound-and-evangelion-separated-at-birth
img-40-inline.jpg

Ever wonder what kind of connection the classic Japanese animation series Neon Genesis Evangelion has to EarthBound for the Super Nintendo? No?

Who cares! I've found a bone-shatteringly amazing connection between them that probably suggests a couple people on the animation team for Evangelion (which aired beginning in October 1995 on Japanese television) were playing EarthBound (known in Japan as Mother 2) while they worked on the famous cartoon. [...] At about the two-and-a-half minute mark of one particular episode of Evangelion, we get a brief shot of Misato's table, and at the top of it you can see this particular flyer for about two seconds, as shown above. Of course, any EarthBound fan will immediately recognize the picture of the little Italian pizza man himself, as being direct from the game. Mach Pizza, interestingly enough, is never mentioned or seen at any other point in the entire run of the series or any of the Evangelion movies, making this a true one-off reference...

I don't know what's worse: That there are such rabid, attentive fans that absorb every possible detail, or that the picture seems legit. I made frequent jokes against Evangelion because that anime was insane as hell and thus seemed fitting for the lp, but this is really bizarre...
:what:

Piotr

Literate
So why Itoi let eb64 to black hole or let die m3tfofpk on n64dd?

[Ed: Not sure if retarded or extremely profound.]

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom