Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Mother 3 (Completed)

lightbane

Arcane
Update 8: It’s not child labor if they’re willing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5DSMOAT6P8
We finally arrived to the factory. From now, the first thing to do after reaching a new area will be extracting any money we gained after fighting the random monsters, and talking to everyone (duh).

Mother3Japan_01.png
Mother3Japan_02.png

Mother3Japan_04.png
”but you do get free ticks to Club Titiboo out of it. So it’s not all bad.”

Fuck off, Lucas is too stubborn to be exploited by the jew-pork-army.

Mother3Japan_07.png
Mother3Japan_08.png

That vending machine works as a shop, but it only offers food (with a new item, the Fizzy Soda, not worth of buying ‘cause you can get better stuff with the random items the enemies drop when they’re purified), but you can sell any junk you don’t want.

Mother3Japan_11.png

As I said before the Item Guy will always be in every new zone you arrive. Before continuing to that Club Titiboo let’s read some signs to see what we can expect to see.

Mother3Japan_13.png
”Please come in and enjoy! Let our profoundly bizarre atmosphere wash over you!”

Mother3Japan_16.png
”Clib Titiboo has what you want. Let our profoundly… (same shit as before).”

Intelligence: Wouldn’t Lucas’ age be a problem? Would the Pork-army consider him to be too young to enter that club and yet old enough to work? We’ll discover it soon.

Mother3Japan_20.png

New area, with new monsters of course, starting with an odd static enemy.
Mother3Japan_22.png

Dangerous because it’s more powerful than anything you can do at your current level, has lots of HP, can use PSI if I recall correctly, and can even drop seeds and grow clones of himself (and as you see the party is not ready for a long battle).

Mother3Japan_23.png
”Why, you, of course!”
Wisdom: With “you” specifying your money of course. As we finish reading, the strange Chimera in front of us attacks.

Mother3Japan_25.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9YQb0M_LKg&NR=1
Don’t ask how the Chimera is supposed to be, the point is that its most annoying attack is covering one party member with fleas (seriously):

Mother3Japan_26.png

As I walk around, I realize the game is subtly telling me that I shouldn’t be wandering the surrounding zones yet on this chapter, Mother 3 says GTFO to level scaling, I had to run away of many monsters before they crushed Lucas to pieces (I’ll show all of them when the party is powerful enough).

Mother3Japan_28.png

Perception: I guess we’ll come back here later.

Mother3Japan_29.png
”I decided to take a shortcut to Club Titboo, which is why I’m climbing up this cliff here. *crawl**climb* I’d say I’m somewhere around Day 3 now. ”

Sucker.

Mother3Japan_34.png

Definitively impossible to continue on this way, unless we had a certain thief with us…

Mother3Japan_35.png
”you didn’t read it.”

Then how did Lucas know…? Bah, forget it.

Mother3Japan_38.png
”Tickets, please… You don’t seem to have any tickets. I can’t let you on without tickets. ”

Dammit, unfortunately violence is not an option here.

Mother3Japan_42.png
Mother3Japan_43.png

A pretty broad map is this one. Anyways, it seems we’ll have to do something with the factory to continue.

Mother3Japan_44.png

On the way back, Lucas learned Defense Up Alfa. As soon as he learns Shield-type powers and Defense Up Omega, his role when fighting bosses will be raising the party’s defense, less they’re one-hit-killed instantly enemy (the buffs stack, but you shouldn’t abuse because then the battles become stupidly easy), while the others party members throw everything they have against the boss (including using weakening powers). Now, the factory:

Mother3Japan_46.png
”If you feel like working, I’m sure they’ll hire you.”

Mother3Japan_48.png
Mother3Japan_49.png

Mother3Japan_51.png
Mother3Japan_52.png

Lol. However, we have to get back to work, there’s a village to be saved… Wait, no, it already had been conquered and corrupted. In any case:

Mother3Japan_54.png
”What’s that? You wanna go to Club Titiboo? That’s a special place for workers here to go and relieve their daily exhaustion. It’s not for people who don’t work here. If you absolutely HAVE to go there, then it’s simple. Just do some part-time work here. Whadya say? Yes or no?”

Confirmed, the Pigmask-jew-army do not care if someone complains about child-labor at all, considering that the only policemen here were bribed (plus the villagers don’t help), it’s understandable. We’ll say yes.

Mother3Japan_61.png
”The job is to transport Claymen. First, go allll the way inside. You’ll find a ladder there. Go down it. You’ll find a bunch of Claymen in the area below. Some of them’ll be almost out of energy, so you gotta bring them back up here. Bring them one at a time. After you’ve brought 3 up, you’re done. Just to be safe, I’ll give you this sketch of how the factory is laid out. (Got a Factory Sketch!) Oh, and sign your name on this document. No, no, not your name. I mean… you know. The name of… Of the person in the background… The person pulling the strings, I guess you could say? What I mean to say is…! Th-th-th-th-the player’s name. I just need it for verification purposes, it’s nothing too important. You know how it is. Anyways, if you could do that, that’d help out a lot.”

Mother3Japan_79.png

Umm, what? This is like Mother 2 again!! Just for fun when it asks to confirm the name I’ll decline, provoking a funny reaction for the Pigmask.

Mother3Japan_81.png
”I know I’m a Pigmask, but I’m honestly doing this for YOUR sake… So write your name right! Gwah, I can’t use this document anymore. But it’s all right. This is for your sake. Who cares if some paper gets wasted? (What happens with the limited resources like trees?) Okay, write it again on this piece of paper. You know. Th-th-th-the player’s name… (fine, I do it correctly this time) Great! Lightbane! Lightbane… Alright, I got it. I’ll add it to our records. Now listen. Don’t do anything bad, because that’ll only inconvenience Lightbane! So don’t forget that! Alright then, work hard.”

Now… Wait a minute, was the game somehow implying to threaten ME, the player? The only other game I remember something like this happening was Omikron The Nomad Soul. But wacky as it sounds, the Pigmask has not finished his speech:

Mother3Japan_97.png
”Dog! Go on ahead and do what the boss dog says (Ghostdog leaves). The Claymen low on energy are very weak, so you’ll know which ones they’re right away. Alright. Hop to it.”

Child labor plus forcing random animals to work, great. I guess that if they didn’t forced the elders to work to exhaustion was because they wouldn’t be productive and/or these were too clever.

Mother3Japan_104.png

Mother3Japan_105.png
”They’re diggin’ up clay to make Claymen out of.”

Mother3Japan_107.png
”But you can’t touch them. People can’t touch them, or else they’ll get zapped somethin’ fierce! I’ve never touched them, of course! ... But I really want to. Ignore the urges, ignore the urges.”

Intelligence: He suspiciously knows what does happen, as if he tried it before.

Mother3Japan_108.png
”You’re human, but will try turning it on anyway? *giggle* Yes or No? (We say No) Oh. Well, I guess that’s okay, too.”

But curiosity killed the cat. If you touch it...

Mother3Japan_118.png
Mother3Japan_119.png

Lucas gets shocked with the result (DUUR). Fortunately you can’t be killed this way; your hp will be lowered down to 1 hp and no more.

Mother3Japan_120.png
”Did you come to see me? …Oh, you didn’t? I see. How’s Clint? Same as always? I see.”

Mother3Japan_125.png
”It’s like, just shut up and work, will ya?!)”

Mother3Japan_127.png
”(It’s nice to exercise once in a while.)”

Mother3Japan_129.png

The Pig is too retarded for Lucas’ animal empathy to work. Nevertheless, we have to continue (not before restoring Lucas to full HP with the Restoration Device next to him).

Mother3Japan_130.png

The Pigman told very clearly what you have to do, so we’ll mess a bit with the workers for some gossip.

Mother3Japan_131.png
”I sue this lift to send low-energy Claymen up to the ground floor. So just bring one here and talk to me.”

Mother3Japan_134.png

Mother3Japan_135.png

All “healthy” Claymen say that when spoken to. Those are low on energy, however…

Mother3Japan_136.png
Mother3Japan_137.png

You just have to push it back to the start. More tedious than anything, but I have the advantage that the emulator has a turbo function.

Mother3Japan_139.png
Mother3Japan_140.png

Mother3Japan_141.png
Mother3Japan_142.png

We take the Clayman to Lou after the Pigmask unceremoniously forced the Clayman to get on the elevator.

Mother3Japan_143.png
Mother3Japan_144.png

Mother3Japan_145.png
Mother3Japan_146.png

Mother3Japan_147.png

The now refreshed Clayman runs back to continue working.
Mother3Japan_148.png
Mother3Japan_150.png

Mother3Japan_151.png

Because that’s easy and boring, we’ll pester the other workers before finishing the job for lulz and extra gossip.

Mother3Japan_152.png
”That’s what the ropeway behind the factory is for. You can go straight there going up the ropeway. If you’re thinking about climbing up the cliff instead, just forget about it.”

Mother3Japan_157.png
”I never imagined that you, of all people, would ever take the ropeway up to visit Club Titiboo. You ARE Lucas, right?”

Mother3Japan_161.png
”So I can see Violet in all her hotness. Hehehe.”

Mother3Japan_164.png
”I’m gonna have to haul this to the lift and carry it to the entrance… Yep. Looks like I’m stuck doing overtime today.”

I don’t know how you managed to broke a fucking walking piece of heavy clay, you fail HARD, man.

Mother3Japan_167.png
”I don’t know if it’s true or not, but they say there’s an insanely huge dragon buried underground. Supposedly, it’s bigger than this whole island… Yeah, right, you gotta be kidding me.”

This will be totally not relevant later, yep (and more references to Breath of Fire, concretely to BOF 3, where the game starts with a crystallized baby dragon after some miners found it)

Mother3Japan_172.png

That’s the last one, and there isn’t anything else that’s barely interesting, so let’s finish the job.

Mother3Japan_173.png
Mother3Japan_174.png

Mother3Japan_176.png
Mother3Japan_178.png

Mother3Japan_180.png

We receive 200 DP plus the Tickets.

Mother3Japan_182.png
”Work up a good sweat as you strive your dreams! You’re still young after all! It’s gotten really late. Go relax at Club Titiboo and have a good time. Good job today!”

Well, after all the place wasn’t that bad, it looked it had minimally hospitable conditions (until we step on the Chimera Lab, that’s stupidly inhuman and evil, you’ll see it much later though) and now we’ll discover if there’s a problem with Lucas’ age.

Mother3Japan_188.png

He was not exaggerating when he said it was late.

Mother3Japan_189.png
”Ahh! Oh crap! I fell asleep! I guess that’s what they call ‘sleep-standing’. Thanks for waking me up.”

Sucker. Before trying to go to that damned club, I would like to return to the town and buy some stuff…

Mother3Japan_197.png

Mother3Japan_198.png
”What the heck are you thinking, going into the tunnel this late at night?! I dunno what yer story is, but you’re still young! Don’t just throw you’re your life! Okay?! Alright then. Now that you understand, go on!”

Like before, Mr T believes you were going to commit suicide, and he's not amused with this idea. The dialogue in consequence is identical, however, there’s a slight change at the end:

Mother3Japan_230.png

mrt2.jpg
”My big bro lives on the other side of this tunnel. People says he looks just like me… No idea what he’s up to lately, though.”

Mother3Japan_238.png
Mother3Japan_239.png

Mother3Japan_240.png
Mother3Japan_244.png

Finally the party reached the place where the Club Titiboo is. Before doing anything let’s check these binoculars for fun and profit.

Mother3Japan_245.png
Mother3Japan_247.png

(It cannot be seen on the screenshot but the strange tower was cracking with electricity) So ominous that even Ghostdog whined.

Mother3Japan_249.png

More fireworks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MFDEm5RkWA

Mother3Japan_252.png

Wisdom: This is the strangest entry ever for a club. For some reason it’s as if Poo’s palace from Earthbound was recycled (may or may not be possible).

Mother3Japan_255.png
”We don’t allow pets inside. Sorry, but I’m gonna have to ask you to leave.”

Mother3Japan_258.png
Mother3Japan_259.png

Mother3Japan_260.png
Mother3Japan_261.png

Lucas admits defeat and leaves. Dammit, we’ll need to think of another way to slip in (incidentally, that’s how a party member looks ingame when he’s ko’ed on battle; he/she looks ‘depressed’). 30 seconds later…

Mother3Japan_262.png
Mother3Japan_263.png

LOL. Very clever, Lucas. Will the trick work?

Mother3Japan_264.png
”It’s that guy who had a dog with him just a minute ago… and some dog-like dude.”

Mother3Japan_267.png
”Where’d that dog from earlier go, and where’d this dog-like dude come from?! And on top of that, you smell underage! *sniff* You smell like an underage kid and dog!”
Unfortunately the guards aren’t too stupid, and I don’t like how he knows Lucas’ smells “underage”… Better to not ask much; by the way, a fitting image:

WTFInnocent.jpg

Mother3Japan_273.png
”That’s our rule here! Scram! Get lost, you kid-like guy and you dog-like dude!”

Mother3Japan_277.png

IT’s EXTREME TIME…

Mother3Japan_279.png
”and the dog-smelling Wuuf! I take it you two’ve been mistaken for an underage kid and a dog yet again? *giggle*”

…Not. Doesn’t she look familiar (as I said before here’s another kick to the balls of the wretched Poo from Earthbound)?

Mother3Japan_284.png

Mother3Japan_285.png
”Especially this dog-like dude here. Shake! Don’t look away from me! Shake! See? You do know how to shake. *grin*”

Mother3Japan_291.png

Mother3Japan_292.png
”But, dude. If by chance you ARE a dog. You’d be one of the best dogs to ever shake. Heh.”
Mother3Japan_298.png
”Come in, have lots of fun, and forget about allllll your worries!”

Mother3Japan_306.png
Mother3Japan_307.png

Mother3Japan_309.png
Mother3Japan_310.png

Mother3Japan_311.png

Music’s link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0UKPQ4ToTE
Also, there are some songs that either the game doesn’t use/are hard to find/trigger, anyways I’ll post these now ‘cause I think they’re related with the actual situation (if not I’ll mention them later): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7qCN7ot ... re=related probably Kumatora’s unused theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA0UC3D_ ... re=related A possible song of Earthbound 64, fits the game perfectly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-cxJ6z ... re=related Another possible Earthbound 64 song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUtO0RrR ... re=related THE song of Earthbound 64, was supposed to be the game’s main theme, but it wasn’t grimdark and wacky enough.

Mother3Japan_312.png
”Listen, but don’t change the expression on your face. I know I’m dressed in this crappy girly outfit, but it’s me! Asuka! We met at the Sunshine Forest, remember? I’ll explain everything later... Put on a smile, will ya? Okay, good. Okay! The next DCMC song is about to begin! Please go on in and find some empty seats. *giggle*”

Cool. Did she managed to improve on her anger management issues?

Mother3Japan_323.png
”I really wish they’d get ried of that rule, though. IT’s so stupid. *giggle*”

Mother3Japan_327.png
”My apologies *giggle*”

Mother3Japan_330.png
Mother3Japan_331.png

Mother3Japan_332.png

I’m even greedier than the pork-army so I’ll not buy many of these.

Mother3Japan_334.png
Mother3Japan_335.png

Mother3Japan_336.png
Mother3Japan_337.png

Mother3Japan_338.png

As a somewhat realistic move, here they sell some stuff that’s the same junk we previously saw on a vendor machine but a bit more expensive, so I’ll not buy anything of it (except one Big City Burger, better to be sure than sorry).

Mother3Japan_340.png
”I got some homemade DCMC merchandise for ya right here! If it breaks or rips, I’ll stay up all night to fix it! Nah! Just kiddin’! I kid a lot! But never mind that, buy some o’ these here DCMC goods!”

Mother3Japan_346.png
Mother3Japan_347.png

Mother3Japan_348.png
Mother3Japan_349.png

Mother3Japan_350.png

Although it looks like it was useless garbage, all of this “merchandise” will have an actual, clever and very funny use, so we’ll buy one DCMC Shirt for Lucas, two Hats, and one ring for the party. The Pamphlet can be obtained for free later so I’ll not buy it. Also, 10 buck for an useless food that restore less than a soda that’s cheaper. I think the game is trying to tell us something here.

Mother3Japan_352.png
Mother3Japan_353.png

Mother3Japan_354.png
Mother3Japan_355.png

Well, enough with the delay, it’s SHOWTIME!! Because it’s better to be seen in movement, I’ll post the next sequence as a video, link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBJ-QsbswA
We found Garret! Now we need to find a way to contact him.

Mother3Japan_14.png
”How about a DCMC Pamphlet as a souvenir of your visit to Club Titiboo? *chew**chew**giggle*They’re real popular with die-hard fans. You just scored yourself some nice swag! *giggle* (Lucas got a DCMC Pamphlet)

lightbane

Arcane
Update 8: It’s not child labor if they’re willing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5DSMOAT6P8
We finally arrived to the factory. From now, the first thing to do after reaching a new area will be extracting any money we gained after fighting the random monsters, and talking to everyone (duh).

Mother3Japan_01.png
Mother3Japan_02.png

Mother3Japan_04.png
”but you do get free ticks to Club Titiboo out of it. So it’s not all bad.”

Fuck off, Lucas is too stubborn to be exploited by the jew-pork-army.

Mother3Japan_07.png
Mother3Japan_08.png

That vending machine works as a shop, but it only offers food (with a new item, the Fizzy Soda, not worth of buying ‘cause you can get better stuff with the random items the enemies drop when they’re purified), but you can sell any junk you don’t want.

Mother3Japan_11.png

As I said before the Item Guy will always be in every new zone you arrive. Before continuing to that Club Titiboo let’s read some signs to see what we can expect to see.

Mother3Japan_13.png
”Please come in and enjoy! Let our profoundly bizarre atmosphere wash over you!”

Mother3Japan_16.png
”Clib Titiboo has what you want. Let our profoundly… (same shit as before).”

Intelligence: Wouldn’t Lucas’ age be a problem? Would the Pork-army consider him to be too young to enter that club and yet old enough to work? We’ll discover it soon.

Mother3Japan_20.png

New area, with new monsters of course, starting with an odd static enemy.
Mother3Japan_22.png

Dangerous because it’s more powerful than anything you can do at your current level, has lots of HP, can use PSI if I recall correctly, and can even drop seeds and grow clones of himself (and as you see the party is not ready for a long battle).

Mother3Japan_23.png
”Why, you, of course!”
Wisdom: With “you” specifying your money of course. As we finish reading, the strange Chimera in front of us attacks.

Mother3Japan_25.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9YQb0M_LKg&NR=1
Don’t ask how the Chimera is supposed to be, the point is that its most annoying attack is covering one party member with fleas (seriously):

Mother3Japan_26.png

As I walk around, I realize the game is subtly telling me that I shouldn’t be wandering the surrounding zones yet on this chapter, Mother 3 says GTFO to level scaling, I had to run away of many monsters before they crushed Lucas to pieces (I’ll show all of them when the party is powerful enough).

Mother3Japan_28.png

Perception: I guess we’ll come back here later.

Mother3Japan_29.png
”I decided to take a shortcut to Club Titboo, which is why I’m climbing up this cliff here. *crawl**climb* I’d say I’m somewhere around Day 3 now. ”

Sucker.

Mother3Japan_34.png

Definitively impossible to continue on this way, unless we had a certain thief with us…

Mother3Japan_35.png
”you didn’t read it.”

Then how did Lucas know…? Bah, forget it.

Mother3Japan_38.png
”Tickets, please… You don’t seem to have any tickets. I can’t let you on without tickets. ”

Dammit, unfortunately violence is not an option here.

Mother3Japan_42.png
Mother3Japan_43.png

A pretty broad map is this one. Anyways, it seems we’ll have to do something with the factory to continue.

Mother3Japan_44.png

On the way back, Lucas learned Defense Up Alfa. As soon as he learns Shield-type powers and Defense Up Omega, his role when fighting bosses will be raising the party’s defense, less they’re one-hit-killed instantly enemy (the buffs stack, but you shouldn’t abuse because then the battles become stupidly easy), while the others party members throw everything they have against the boss (including using weakening powers). Now, the factory:

Mother3Japan_46.png
”If you feel like working, I’m sure they’ll hire you.”

Mother3Japan_48.png
Mother3Japan_49.png

Mother3Japan_51.png
Mother3Japan_52.png

Lol. However, we have to get back to work, there’s a village to be saved… Wait, no, it already had been conquered and corrupted. In any case:

Mother3Japan_54.png
”What’s that? You wanna go to Club Titiboo? That’s a special place for workers here to go and relieve their daily exhaustion. It’s not for people who don’t work here. If you absolutely HAVE to go there, then it’s simple. Just do some part-time work here. Whadya say? Yes or no?”

Confirmed, the Pigmask-jew-army do not care if someone complains about child-labor at all, considering that the only policemen here were bribed (plus the villagers don’t help), it’s understandable. We’ll say yes.

Mother3Japan_61.png
”The job is to transport Claymen. First, go allll the way inside. You’ll find a ladder there. Go down it. You’ll find a bunch of Claymen in the area below. Some of them’ll be almost out of energy, so you gotta bring them back up here. Bring them one at a time. After you’ve brought 3 up, you’re done. Just to be safe, I’ll give you this sketch of how the factory is laid out. (Got a Factory Sketch!) Oh, and sign your name on this document. No, no, not your name. I mean… you know. The name of… Of the person in the background… The person pulling the strings, I guess you could say? What I mean to say is…! Th-th-th-th-the player’s name. I just need it for verification purposes, it’s nothing too important. You know how it is. Anyways, if you could do that, that’d help out a lot.”

Mother3Japan_79.png

Umm, what? This is like Mother 2 again!! Just for fun when it asks to confirm the name I’ll decline, provoking a funny reaction for the Pigmask.

Mother3Japan_81.png
”I know I’m a Pigmask, but I’m honestly doing this for YOUR sake… So write your name right! Gwah, I can’t use this document anymore. But it’s all right. This is for your sake. Who cares if some paper gets wasted? (What happens with the limited resources like trees?) Okay, write it again on this piece of paper. You know. Th-th-th-the player’s name… (fine, I do it correctly this time) Great! Lightbane! Lightbane… Alright, I got it. I’ll add it to our records. Now listen. Don’t do anything bad, because that’ll only inconvenience Lightbane! So don’t forget that! Alright then, work hard.”

Now… Wait a minute, was the game somehow implying to threaten ME, the player? The only other game I remember something like this happening was Omikron The Nomad Soul. But wacky as it sounds, the Pigmask has not finished his speech:

Mother3Japan_97.png
”Dog! Go on ahead and do what the boss dog says (Ghostdog leaves). The Claymen low on energy are very weak, so you’ll know which ones they’re right away. Alright. Hop to it.”

Child labor plus forcing random animals to work, great. I guess that if they didn’t forced the elders to work to exhaustion was because they wouldn’t be productive and/or these were too clever.

Mother3Japan_104.png

Mother3Japan_105.png
”They’re diggin’ up clay to make Claymen out of.”

Mother3Japan_107.png
”But you can’t touch them. People can’t touch them, or else they’ll get zapped somethin’ fierce! I’ve never touched them, of course! ... But I really want to. Ignore the urges, ignore the urges.”

Intelligence: He suspiciously knows what does happen, as if he tried it before.

Mother3Japan_108.png
”You’re human, but will try turning it on anyway? *giggle* Yes or No? (We say No) Oh. Well, I guess that’s okay, too.”

But curiosity killed the cat. If you touch it...

Mother3Japan_118.png
Mother3Japan_119.png

Lucas gets shocked with the result (DUUR). Fortunately you can’t be killed this way; your hp will be lowered down to 1 hp and no more.

Mother3Japan_120.png
”Did you come to see me? …Oh, you didn’t? I see. How’s Clint? Same as always? I see.”

Mother3Japan_125.png
”It’s like, just shut up and work, will ya?!)”

Mother3Japan_127.png
”(It’s nice to exercise once in a while.)”

Mother3Japan_129.png

The Pig is too retarded for Lucas’ animal empathy to work. Nevertheless, we have to continue (not before restoring Lucas to full HP with the Restoration Device next to him).

Mother3Japan_130.png

The Pigman told very clearly what you have to do, so we’ll mess a bit with the workers for some gossip.

Mother3Japan_131.png
”I sue this lift to send low-energy Claymen up to the ground floor. So just bring one here and talk to me.”

Mother3Japan_134.png

Mother3Japan_135.png

All “healthy” Claymen say that when spoken to. Those are low on energy, however…

Mother3Japan_136.png
Mother3Japan_137.png

You just have to push it back to the start. More tedious than anything, but I have the advantage that the emulator has a turbo function.

Mother3Japan_139.png
Mother3Japan_140.png

Mother3Japan_141.png
Mother3Japan_142.png

We take the Clayman to Lou after the Pigmask unceremoniously forced the Clayman to get on the elevator.

Mother3Japan_143.png
Mother3Japan_144.png

Mother3Japan_145.png
Mother3Japan_146.png

Mother3Japan_147.png

The now refreshed Clayman runs back to continue working.
Mother3Japan_148.png
Mother3Japan_150.png

Mother3Japan_151.png

Because that’s easy and boring, we’ll pester the other workers before finishing the job for lulz and extra gossip.

Mother3Japan_152.png
”That’s what the ropeway behind the factory is for. You can go straight there going up the ropeway. If you’re thinking about climbing up the cliff instead, just forget about it.”

Mother3Japan_157.png
”I never imagined that you, of all people, would ever take the ropeway up to visit Club Titiboo. You ARE Lucas, right?”

Mother3Japan_161.png
”So I can see Violet in all her hotness. Hehehe.”

Mother3Japan_164.png
”I’m gonna have to haul this to the lift and carry it to the entrance… Yep. Looks like I’m stuck doing overtime today.”

I don’t know how you managed to broke a fucking walking piece of heavy clay, you fail HARD, man.

Mother3Japan_167.png
”I don’t know if it’s true or not, but they say there’s an insanely huge dragon buried underground. Supposedly, it’s bigger than this whole island… Yeah, right, you gotta be kidding me.”

This will be totally not relevant later, yep (and more references to Breath of Fire, concretely to BOF 3, where the game starts with a crystallized baby dragon after some miners found it)

Mother3Japan_172.png

That’s the last one, and there isn’t anything else that’s barely interesting, so let’s finish the job.

Mother3Japan_173.png
Mother3Japan_174.png

Mother3Japan_176.png
Mother3Japan_178.png

Mother3Japan_180.png

We receive 200 DP plus the Tickets.

Mother3Japan_182.png
”Work up a good sweat as you strive your dreams! You’re still young after all! It’s gotten really late. Go relax at Club Titiboo and have a good time. Good job today!”

Well, after all the place wasn’t that bad, it looked it had minimally hospitable conditions (until we step on the Chimera Lab, that’s stupidly inhuman and evil, you’ll see it much later though) and now we’ll discover if there’s a problem with Lucas’ age.

Mother3Japan_188.png

He was not exaggerating when he said it was late.

Mother3Japan_189.png
”Ahh! Oh crap! I fell asleep! I guess that’s what they call ‘sleep-standing’. Thanks for waking me up.”

Sucker. Before trying to go to that damned club, I would like to return to the town and buy some stuff…

Mother3Japan_197.png

Mother3Japan_198.png
”What the heck are you thinking, going into the tunnel this late at night?! I dunno what yer story is, but you’re still young! Don’t just throw you’re your life! Okay?! Alright then. Now that you understand, go on!”

Like before, Mr T believes you were going to commit suicide, and he's not amused with this idea. The dialogue in consequence is identical, however, there’s a slight change at the end:

Mother3Japan_230.png

mrt2.jpg
”My big bro lives on the other side of this tunnel. People says he looks just like me… No idea what he’s up to lately, though.”

Mother3Japan_238.png
Mother3Japan_239.png

Mother3Japan_240.png
Mother3Japan_244.png

Finally the party reached the place where the Club Titiboo is. Before doing anything let’s check these binoculars for fun and profit.

Mother3Japan_245.png
Mother3Japan_247.png

(It cannot be seen on the screenshot but the strange tower was cracking with electricity) So ominous that even Ghostdog whined.

Mother3Japan_249.png

More fireworks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MFDEm5RkWA

Mother3Japan_252.png

Wisdom: This is the strangest entry ever for a club. For some reason it’s as if Poo’s palace from Earthbound was recycled (may or may not be possible).

Mother3Japan_255.png
”We don’t allow pets inside. Sorry, but I’m gonna have to ask you to leave.”

Mother3Japan_258.png
Mother3Japan_259.png

Mother3Japan_260.png
Mother3Japan_261.png

Lucas admits defeat and leaves. Dammit, we’ll need to think of another way to slip in (incidentally, that’s how a party member looks ingame when he’s ko’ed on battle; he/she looks ‘depressed’). 30 seconds later…

Mother3Japan_262.png
Mother3Japan_263.png

LOL. Very clever, Lucas. Will the trick work?

Mother3Japan_264.png
”It’s that guy who had a dog with him just a minute ago… and some dog-like dude.”

Mother3Japan_267.png
”Where’d that dog from earlier go, and where’d this dog-like dude come from?! And on top of that, you smell underage! *sniff* You smell like an underage kid and god!”
Unfortunately the guards aren’t too stupid, and I don’t like how he knows Lucas’ smells “underage”… Better to not ask much; by the way, a fitting image:

WTFInnocent.jpg

Mother3Japan_273.png
”That’s our rule here! Scram! Get lost, you kid-like guy and you dog-like dude!”

Mother3Japan_277.png

IT’s EXTREME TIME…

Mother3Japan_279.png
”and the dog-smelling Wuuf! I take it you two’ve been mistaken for an underage kid and a dog yet again? *giggle*”

…Not. Doesn’t she look familiar (as I said before here’s another kick to the balls of the wretched Poo from Earthbound)?

Mother3Japan_284.png

Mother3Japan_285.png
”Especially this dog-like dude here. Shake! Don’t look away from me! Shake! See? You do know how to shake. *grin*”

Mother3Japan_291.png

Mother3Japan_292.png
”But, dude. If by chance you ARE a god. You’d be one of the best dogs to ever shake. Heh.”
Mother3Japan_298.png
”Come in, have lots of fun, and forget about allllll your worries!”

Mother3Japan_306.png
Mother3Japan_307.png

Mother3Japan_309.png
Mother3Japan_310.png

Mother3Japan_311.png

Music’s link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0UKPQ4ToTE
Also, there are some songs that either the game doesn’t use/are hard to find/trigger, anyways I’ll post these now ‘cause I think they’re related with the actual situation (if not I’ll mention them later): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7qCN7ot ... re=related probably Kumatora’s unused theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA0UC3D_ ... re=related A possible song of Earthbound 64, fits the game perfectly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-cxJ6z ... re=related Another possible Earthbound 64 song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUtO0RrR ... re=related THE song of Earthbound 64, was supposed to be the game’s main theme, but it wasn’t grimdark and wacky enough.

Mother3Japan_312.png
”Listen, but don’t change the expression on your face. I know I’m dressed in this crappy girly outfit, but it’s me! Asuka! We met at the Sunshine Forest, remember? I’ll explain everything later... Put on a smile, will ya? Okay, good. Okay! The next DCMC song is about to begin! Please go on in and find some empty seats. *giggle*”

Cool. Did she managed to improve on her anger management issues?

Mother3Japan_323.png
”I really wish they’d get ried of that rule, though. IT’s so stupid. *giggle*”

Mother3Japan_327.png
”My apologies *giggle*”

Mother3Japan_330.png
Mother3Japan_331.png

Mother3Japan_332.png

I’m even greedier than the pork-army so I’ll not buy many of these.

Mother3Japan_334.png
Mother3Japan_335.png

Mother3Japan_336.png
Mother3Japan_337.png

Mother3Japan_338.png

As a somewhat realistic move, here they sell some stuff that’s the same junk we previously saw on a vendor machine but a bit more expensive, so I’ll not buy anything of it (except one Big City Burger, better to be sure than sorry).

Mother3Japan_340.png
”I got some homemade DCMC merchandise for ya right here! If it breaks or rips, I’ll stay up all night to fix it! Nah! Just kiddin’! I kid a lot! But never mind that, buy some o’ these here DCMC goods!”

Mother3Japan_346.png
Mother3Japan_347.png

Mother3Japan_348.png
Mother3Japan_349.png

Mother3Japan_350.png

Although it looks like it was useless garbage, all of this “merchandise” will have an actual, clever and very funny use, so we’ll buy one DCMC Shirt for Lucas, two Hats, and one ring for the party. The Pamphlet can be obtained for free later so I’ll not buy it. Also, 10 buck for an useless food that restore less than a soda that’s cheaper. I think the game is trying to tell us something here.

Mother3Japan_352.png
Mother3Japan_353.png

Mother3Japan_354.png

Mother3Japan_355.png

Well, enough with the delay, it’s SHOWTIME!! Because it’s better to be seen in movement, I’ll post the next sequence as a video, link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBJ-QsbswA
We found Garret! Now we need to find a way to contact him.

Mother3Japan_14.png
”How about a DCMC Pamphlet as a souvenir of your visit to Club Titiboo? *chew**chew**giggle*They’re real popular with die-hard fans. You just scored yourself some nice swag! *giggle* (Lucas got a DCMC Pamphlet)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
lightbane said:
spekkio said:
ghostdog said:
It's Shin Angyo Onshi , a pretty awesome Korean manhwa.
FFS!

Any problem with that? Not all mangas are shitfest (these are the shonen), seinen are normally mature and good (IE Blame!)

No, spekkio just corrected me on the term. Since it's Korean, it's not a manga, it's a manhwa. He can be like Sheldon sometimes.

ANyway, glad to see this mindfuck is moving on.

lightbane

Arcane
2nd part

Mother3Japan_24.png
”I mean, you just met for the first time, right?! Man, you’re good!”

lucasportrait.jpg
:smug: Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

You don’t have to be sorry for that, but good luck with her, these type of bipolar bitches may be happy to see you and then try to strangle you to death on the next second. Anyways…

Mother3Japan_29.png
”What if all the trains have stopped running for today and I can’t get back home?”

Oh, that will not be a problem, the train’s driver decided to ditch it, you’ll just have to walk on a potentially deadly path to return to the town. Have a nice night.

Mother3Japan_31.png
”Now to head back to the factory and put in some overtime!”

Mother3Japan_33.png
Mother3Japan_34.png

Mother3Japan_35.png
”Lucky the bass player’s wig started to come off during the Tonda Gos-song!”

Mother3Japan_37.png
Mother3Japan_38.png

Mother3Japan_39.png

It’s funny to see that despite being the enemy an invading army the game shows you that the common Pigmen grunt is not a murderous mindless monster that kills for the lulz (unlike in some other games *cough*Mass Erect/DA/etc. *cough*)

Mother3Japan_41.png
Mother3Japan_42.png

Mother3Japan_43.png
Mother3Japan_44.png

Mother3Japan_45.png
Mother3Japan_46.png

Mother3Japan_47.png

The passage is short but filled with aggressive vermin.

Mother3Japan_49.png
Mother3Japan_48.png

Nothing threatening, a quick use of our BROPOWER will destroy them.

Mother3Japan_50.png
Mother3Japan_51.png

Mother3Japan_52.png
”Not to mention that sticky junk from all those slugs. I’m gonna hop in the shower real quick, so just relax here.”

Before you ask no matter how hard you try you’ll never get to see Asuka naked, but she continues to be very aggressive, proof here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRn1RM3Gf8I

Mother3Japan_69.png

asuka.jpg
”But we’ll never find out what happened to the Hummingbird Egg until Garret regains his memory. At this rate, there’s no tellin’ when the pigs’ll get their hands on it. Lucas. See Garret and try talking to him. Maybe he’ll remember something if he sees you two. They’re guards outside. They’re not exactly bad guys, but I don’t wanna risk makin’ things more complicated.”

Mother3Japan_78.png
Mother3Japan_79.png

asuka.jpg
”You can get to Garret’s room from there. It’s not the most direct way of getting’ there, but you’re less likely to get caught. I’ll get all the DCMC together. I’ll need to explain the situation to them, too. See you in a little bit.”

She storms out. Before walking to the attic we can search her room for something lootable.

Mother3Japan_86.png
Mother3Japan_87.png

Even Asuka’s shower is as EXTREME as her.

Mother3Japan_88.png
Mother3Japan_89.png

Mother3Japan_90.png
Mother3Japan_91.png

There’s no other way than the attic. Of course, it’s another dungeon, an appropriately absurdly enormous attic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqBwqjmEWLM

Mother3Japan_93.png
Mother3Japan_94.png

Mother3Japan_95.png

The jew-mouse sells new stuff. We buy a Better Stick for Lucas and 2 Pencil Rockets (very expensive but worth of it, they’re very damaging, though not as broken as Jeff’s Bottlerockets)

Mother3Japan_96.png
Mother3Japan_97.png

Mother3Japan_98.png

The dungeon’s map, and the Item Guy. I’ll not even ask how the hell he managed to take the wagon with him. You know the drill: New map, new enemies, like:

Mother3Japan_99.png

Can poison you, and that’s all (for fun, the game’s “official description”: Located at the attic of Club Titiboo and has an incredible three, no, four exclamation marks in its name. That's just the kind of spider it is.)

Mother3Japan_100.png
The even “jewer” mouse with dual-wielding cheese, may steal something and drops random junk frequently.

Mother3Japan_101.png
Odd. Is that a floating instrument? We have to reach it first, though.

Mother3Japan_106.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4nDglu78d8&NR=1
Very weak but can steal hp. Also, surprise surprise, the instrument of before was floating ‘cause it’s for some reason cursed, and will attack you:

Mother3Japan_107.png
Mother3Japan_108.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uVECeqZ ... re=related
Cool song, and moderately powerful (can perform an electric shock attack for 35 points of damage to Lucas and Ghostdog). Some trivia: The Gently Weeping Guitar is based in a Gibson Flying V; The name of the monster comes from a famous Beatles song called "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", and his theme is a rock version of the Hippy’s one of Mother 2.

Mother3Japan_110.png
Mother3Japan_111.png

Lucas learned another power as we were exploring the dungeon. Compared to Earthbound Lifeup Beta is more effective (and Lucas will only improve on these powers).

Mother3Japan_112.png

Another strange creature, can change its battle music at will, and perform a sixteen-beat attack (a combo). His ingame description is: "Even after being torn, it defiantly orders not to give up, but to bang on the rim instead! It isn't easily beaten."
The songs it can have are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX48FVJpRPc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjh_rQpp ... re=related
It usually alternates between these two. At the end of the dungeon, near the expected boss that’s guarding the exit, there’s a strange couple of mice that talk with an incomprehensible dialect:

Mother3Japan_119.png
”Wonned the rabbit us ahtta sum mo’ bess, izzat it? Eh, dat’s calvin. De ol’ pot ain’t usin’ de Bugs. But mum’s de dicky.) (Got Peculiar Cheese) Weh’ve been waitin’ a bloody long ‘arry Lime all pat wiv yew aht on yeh toblerone.”

Mother3Japan_127.png
”Whe’ve ya been wivaht sennin’ a dicky bird? Ya didn’t come by fo’ New Yeah’s or Crackah Night, so yeh Grandmum an’ I’ ‘ve been all jack. So, wotcheh? Yeh mus’ be bleedin’ ‘ank Marvin, eh? ‘Eah’s summadat Nut Bread fo’ yeh (got Nut Bread). Why aincha show ya jem rahn heah more? Jus’ cos me an’ de fridge live in dis pope don’ mean we can let in jes aneh ol’ bloke. We’ah plannin’ on a couple uh right long nellies. We’ah watchin’ aht fo’ barney. Catch me drif’, garden gate? Right, eh, Gramps? Yeh, de dutch is spot on. An ice cream like me would go right radio if some jam roll fahn’ aht we’ah artfuls. Dat Johnson lot free doors ovah wos taken fo’ Fred Wests, an’ now they’ah brown bread. So yeh need to watch aht fo’ barney, too. Yeh’ get me?)”

Mother3Japan_158.png
Mother3Japan_159.png

It refills all health and pp of the party (not ailments though).

Mother3Japan_163.png
”But ever since the bass below showed up, I’ve been left to rot in this moldy-smeeling attic.”
Mother3Japan_166.png

Mother3Japan_167.png
”I’m gonna turn this frustration into violence and take my stress out on you guys! You’re gonna be bawlin’ your eyes out!”

So, our dungeon boss is a bass that was so butthurt that his Machine Spirit animated it, and decided to randomly attack Lucas? Whatever, IT’S SHOWTIME!

Mother3Japan_180.png

Mother3Japan_181.png
”You two know each other.”

Mother3Japan_183.png
”It’s true that I don’t even remember my real name, but I’ve lived my life as Lucky for years now.”

Mother3Japan_187.png
”I hate to ask, but could you tell him everything you remember, too?”

Mother3Japan_189.png
”I can definitively tell that something very important is taking place here… I had absolutely no memory whatsoever from before I came to Club Titiboo. I had no idea who I was, where I came from, or where I was going. But for some reason, I was clutching a strange egg with great care. I didn’t know where I was going, yet I continued to walk desperately. All I knew was that the egg was really important for some reason. I knew I absolutely HAD to keep it safe… So I looked for a place to hide it. And then, after walking and walking, I buried the egg inside a big dirt clod in a valley, where I knew no one would ever find it. I still now where it is. I haven’t forgotten. You go up a cliff near a giant waterfall and…”

Mother3Japan_202.png
Mother3Japan_203.png

The same ominous tower of before. I hope the band doesn’t mind if someone could hear Garret spilling out information they could use against us.

Mother3Japan_205.png
”The egg we all worked so hard to protect is there! Let’s go there right now!”
Mother3Japan_208.png
”If I am this ‘Garret’ person, that means I’ll have to leave the band… Right? Garret or Lucky… One of them will cease to exist after today… Right?! If it turns out I’m Garret, what happens to the DCMC? But if I continue to live as Lucky, then what was that egg thing all about? What should I do?! I just can’t decide…”

Hmm, that’s an understandable reaction. What should we do?

Mother3Japan_218.png

Mother3Japan_219.png
”If destiny decides it, I’ll say goodbye to you with a smile on my face.”

Mother3Japan_221.png

Mother3Japan_224.png
”The same thing we’ve always done whenever we weren’t sure what to do.”

And that way is…

Mother3Japan_226.png

*facepalm* Rather silly when the game is linear to introduce a minigame of luck (may had been done on purpose).

Mother3Japan_227.png
”This Lucas fellow will play Stone-Sheet-Clippers with us. If he beats all five of us in a row, you’ll go. But if he loses even once, you’ll stay in the DCMC and keep on playing the bass. How’s that sound?”

Mother3Japan_234.png

Mother3Japan_236.png
”Whenever me, Magic, and Baccio play Stone-Sheet-Clippers, we always end in a tie. Let me be the last one to go. After all, I AM the band leader.”

We’ll talk to everyone before accepting their terms.

Mother3Japan_240.png
”we’d always wind up in a tie. You ready to go? (lets’ say no for now) Whew. I fell the same way.”

Mother3Japan_244.png
”Alright, let’s do this thing (nope) Come here after you’ve calmed yourself down.”

Mother3Japan_248.png

Mother3Japan_251.png
”this game. That explains why Baccio loses to Magic.”

Mother3Japan_256.png
Mother3Japan_257.png

Mother3Japan_258.png
Mother3Japan_259.png

When the minigame starts you may choose if you want to use stone, sheet, or clippers. It doesn’t matter because if you fail there’ll be always an excuse to try again. For example, if we screw up against Magic, this happens:

Mother3Japan_260.png
”It’s again the rules to go after like that. Stooooone, sheeeet, clippers!”
If you end on a tie:

Mother3Japan_263.png

And if you win…

Mother3Japan_265.png

Mother3Japan_266.png

Again, if you lose:
Mother3Japan_270.png
”Come on, now! Destiny is riding on this! Let’s go at the same time!”

when it’s a tie:
Mother3Japan_274.png

When Lucas wins:
Mother3Japan_276.png

Mother3Japan_278.png

Mother3Japan_280.png
”Sorry, let’s do a do-over! Stooone, sheet, clippers!”
When you lose that happens.

Mother3Japan_282.png
”Let’s go again!”
An “intense” tie (as intense as it can get when they always use the same move).

Mother3Japan_285.png
Mother3Japan_287.png

A tie results on:

Mother3Japan_289.png

If you lose…
Mother3Japan_292.png
”Sorry. Do-over.”
Mother3Japan_296.png

Only the band leader remains. How will this deep, challenging and intense minigame end?

Mother3Japan_297.png
”If I win this, Lucky will stay in the DCMC. If you win, Lucky will go with you. Lucky… You cool with that?”

Mother3Japan_302.png
”And if it’s not my destiny, he’ll lose and I’ll stay here… It’s as simple as that.”

Mother3Japan_306.png
”Do ‘clippers’. I’m going to do ‘sheet’. Tonda Gossa! Alright, here we go! Stoone, sheeeet, clippers!”

Mother3Japan_313.png

OJ wants you to win (as if it would be hard when Lucas has a sort of telepathy). However, if you lose on purpose, this happens. Neckbeard storms in:

Mother3Japan_315.png
”NOT! Keep it down, will ya?! You’re your guy’s hootin’ and hollerin’ for the stage!”

Mother3Japan_320.png
”I forgot what we just did, so let’s do a do-over.”
Time to win:

Mother3Japan_324.png
”I guess Lucky probably is this Garret guy, after all. Go! Don’t worry about anything else at all!”

Mother3Japan_327.png
”Which means I have no reason to stay here anymore, either. Alright! Time to get outta these girl clothes! Thanks for everything guys. Take care, now! Outta my way, dammit! (we can hear someone is punched as she leaves)

Mother3Japan_336.png
”I’m gonna miss you, man. I hope we meet again someday.”

Mother3Japan_339.png
Mother3Japan_340.png

Mother3Japan_341.png

Mother3Japan_342.png
”Okay! Let’s go!”

Garret rejoins us! And he comes with the same gear he had in Chapter 2, plus something new:

Mother3Japan_346.png
Mother3Japan_348.png

Mother3Japan_350.png
”Let’s go!”
Asuka joins us (after she koed the guards with a single punch, despite being her a fragile wizard character)!
Mother3Japan_353.png
Mother3Japan_359.png

Mother3Japan_360.png
Mother3Japan_361.png

And the chapter’s ending is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRV5i8FSWo

Well, our “Broparty” is now complete, starring an emotionally broken kid with psychic powers, a psychic witch with anger management issues, a crippled thief with temporary amnesia, and a sentient dog. What will this bunch of ragtags/unlikely heroes do now? See it on the next update!

lightbane

Arcane
ghostdog said:
lightbane said:
spekkio said:
ghostdog said:
It's Shin Angyo Onshi , a pretty awesome Korean manhwa.
FFS!

Any problem with that? Not all mangas are shitfest (these are the shonen), seinen are normally mature and good (IE Blame!)

No, spekkio just corrected me on the term. Since it's Korean, it's not a manga, it's a manhwa. He can be like Sheldon sometimes.

ANyway, glad to see this mindfuck is moving on.

Ok then. Also, could someone delete the 2nd post after the 1st part of the update? For some reason my Firefox got crazy and double-posted, and I cannot erase the message.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Hehe, gets better and better. AC/DC references, 4chan references... and the story is just completely beyond any reason and rationality :lol:

lightbane

Arcane
Sorry, this is not dead yet, there will be an update later, it's just that... Okay, I don't have any excuse, I've been busy playing a new game I found interesting and reading lps, anyways update later.

lightbane

Arcane
Update 9: Ghosts and factories

Sorry for the delay, here’s the update. First, a link with the intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs9X5c4WZXw

Perception: That tower of before may be related with the super-accurate lightning that constantly strikes the town. Or maybe not.

Mother3Japan_01.png

To the north there’s a cave with a hot spring, a save frog, and other thingies.

Mother3Japan_03.png

Mother3Japan_04.png
”Some worms, perhaps? Will you take a look?”

Mother3Japan_08.png
Mother3Japan_09.png

Mother3Japan_10.png
Mother3Japan_11.png

Mother3Japan_12.png
Mother3Japan_13.png

As you see it sells some gear we could use, unfortunately we can’t afford to buy everything we want, so we’ll do the smart move here, that’s: backtracking and slaying all of those Pigtunias and Cattlesnakes now that our Broparty is complete.

Mother3Japan_15.png

When you exit the cave you spot the item guy walking way (this will be the first and possibly last time you see him moving, he somehow knows where will be your next destination).

Mother3Japan_16.png
Mother3Japan_17.png

Mother3Japan_19.png

Now that we have a full party it’s possible to kill Cattlesnakes using Garret’s Smoke Bomb to blind them, then Asuka and Garret to reduce its Offense and Defense, gaining a total of 536 experience points per kill, easily leveling up with their deaths. Yay!

Mother3Japan_20.png
Mother3Japan_21.png

Mother3Japan_22.png
Mother3Japan_23.png

That’s another new enemy I forgot to show, an unholy abomination formed by a barracuda and a puppy. Probably one of the most fucked up chimeras. And it’s powerful: It can use PSI Freeze Beta and can poison one party member with its venomous fangs. If you kill enough Dogfishes a special Dogfish Alpha may appear (stronger than usual and thus giving more xp), but I never bothered to check it ingame.

Mother3Japan_24.png

After the slaying it drops a nice healing item for Ghostdog.

Mother3Japan_25.png

Wisdom: Hmm, I think later we’ll need to come back here for some reason.

Mother3Japan_26.png
Mother3Japan_28.png

Mother3Japan_29.png
Mother3Japan_30.png

Mother3Japan_31.png

Lucas and Asuka gained new powers. And now, gentlemen, probably the wackiest thing you ever saw:
Mother3Japan_38.png
Mother3Japan_34.png

Okay. There’s no words to describe this madness, except to comment it hits harder than a truck, and it’s tough.

Mother3Japan_40.png
Mother3Japan_41.png

We got some loot and see that this old man is still a failure.

Mother3Japan_42.png

After leveling up 2 or 3 times, the party refreshes at the “local” healing spring.

Mother3Japan_43.png

The chicken will give you a Fresh Egg every time you speak to one. You can exploit it to obtain some cheap and effective healing items.

Mother3Japan_47.png
Mother3Japan_48.png

Asuka learned another power after another levelup, and we found a Luxury Banana. As the text says, they’re pretty rare except in a certain area. You can return to the factory to work again time for 200 DP, but it’s not worth of it ‘cause you gain much more by fighting, although it’s fun to check the updated dialogues.

Mother3Japan_49.png

Mother3Japan_51.png
”Understand?”
Mother3Japan_53.png
”It’s an old habit from our comedy days.”

Mother3Japan_55.png
”Oh yeah. I forgot there was a time when we used to do that.”

Mother3Japan_57.png
”But no one besides me will listen to me.”
Mother3Japan_59.png
”Ultimately, I want to go into the big city and build a doghouse so gigantic it’ll make everyone jump in shock. No, ‘house’ isn’t the right word for it at all. That’d be a palace. Yeah, a dogpalace.)”

Ambitious dog is ambitious.

Mother3Japan_64.png

Mother3Japan_65.png
”You’re free to look around, but be sure not to get in Lucas’ way, okay? (looking to Ghostdog) Are you… one of Lucas’ friends, too? Shake! Ahh! Sorry! Sorry” You just had that air about you, so I did that without thinking… Not many people have that air about them, wouldn’t you agree? Alright. Hop to it.”

Mother3Japan_75.png
”Did I? Did I not? I guess it doesn’t matter either way, because I love peaches.”

Mother3Japan_78.png
”It almost feels like there’s a gaping hole in my heart now… That girl with you sure looks a lot like Violet.”

Mother3Japan_90.png

Alright, we have more than enough stuff, time to continue the game… After we check the DCMC’s stage a last time.
Mother3Japan_91.png

No idea what was that for. We could immediately return where we were once the chapter started, but first we’ll go to Tazmily for some new loot that appeared and an optional boss.

Mother3Japan_92.png
”For everyone else, a ticket to Cross Road Station is 2500 DP per person. Are you factory workers?”

Technically Lucas is a part-timer. Will it do?

Mother3Japan_95.png
”Then one ticket will be 2500 DP.”

Fucker, no way I’m paying this. After running for some minutes (killing everything that dared to stand on our way), Asuka and Lucas learn more powers.

Mother3Japan_97.png
Mother3Japan_98.png

Mother3Japan_99.png

PK Fire Beta (and Gamma and finally Omega) is even more powerful than in Earthbound, because here you can set enemies on fire for extra damage and Asuka is the only offensive psyker here. Our destination is the Osohe Castle…

Mother3Japan_101.png

Mother3Japan_102.png
”It WAS the setting for an adventure 3 years ago, though. But there’s been nothing at all since then. Nothing. In fact, if you hadn’t come and talked to me just now, today would’ve been yet another empty day leading into another empty tomorrow. So, how about a leisurely chat? No?! Oh, but I want to talk. No? I see. Okay. Whatever.”

Mother3Japan_113.png
”So more and more of us gave up the party life as time went on.”

Mother3Japan_115.png

Our favorite Beethoven wannabe ghost is back and with a vengeance! Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ0eNrde200

Mother3Japan_116.png

The Mystical Shoes are the best weapon for Garret, it raises lots of stats, and you only can getn these on Chapter 5. A badass thief needs badass boots, indeed. Like in Earthbound, the game has ultimate items like most jprgs, but unlike these you don’t need to beat an impossible to defeat ultra-omni-giga-boss to gain these (most are gained either random drops from certain enemies, or like this case). Actually, there’s one boss of the impossible-to-beat ones, I’ll explain when it’s time. Now we return to Tazmily Village for more gossip.

Mother3Japan_117.png
”have to do a lot more work than officers in the mountains? That seems a bit unfair to me.”

Well, that’s because the ones at the mountains “just” have to deal with a constant danger of instant death if one aggressive chimera attacks them. I think it’s something you surely do not want to experience.

Mother3Japan_121.png

Mother3Japan_123.png
”I was about to say something, but now I forget what it was.”

It’s called brain damage.

Mother3Japan_125.png

Mother3Japan_126.png
”I don’t have the heart to tell him, though.”
Then let the problem become worse, dumb woman.

Mother3Japan_128.png
”From what I can tell, you have about 3565 DP. Way more than me. That’s no fair.”

This man will exactly count how much money you have, an easter egg and nothing else.

Mother3Japan_131.png
”Everyone’s talking about how you’ve been living it up at clubs instead of coming home. And then there’s Clint, always wandering around in the mountains, aimlessly. You’re such a weird family.”

You have no right to say that, whore (news sure travels fast here, what happens with all of the other people at the club? They don’t count?)

Mother3Japan_136.png
”Understand?”

Yes, you become more corrupted and even more of a puppet as this village develops according to the Porkarmy’s whims, not yours.

Mother3Japan_138.png

Mother3Japan_141.png
”You have some nerve.”

Great way of greeting a neighbor that has been missing for like 3 years (that makes me wonder: how fast was the village modernized? How much time had been Asuka working for the DCMC? Why didn’t she noticed Garret before and tried to tell it to Lucas and co? Probably due the ever-present pork-soldiers and Fassad).

Mother3Japan_143.png
Mother3Japan_144.png

Mother3Japan_146.png

You’ll discover what is Nichol referring to much later.

Mother3Japan_147.png
Mother3Japan_148.png

Mother3Japan_150.png
”Or unclassy…”

Hmm, it’s Mother 3 making fun of itself with this comment? Perhaps.

Mother3Japan_152.png
”I’d prefer to avoid rumors that we have thieves coming and going here…”

Sadly, at the end it seems that redneck Butch managed to convince the rest of the village of its hideous lies. Well, it’ll be worse with you at the end.

Mother3Japan_155.png
”It really helps soothe my throat.”

Your guess is as good as mine.

Mother3Japan_157.png
”so I’ve been keeping watch this whole time. He’s not very suspicious, though.”

Mother3Japan_160.png
”I have to stand in this one spot for a really long time, for example.”

That could be a vague joke to one common element in most rpgs (specially with these “next-gen”): the important npcs will never move from a certain place and stand still for hours.

Mother3Japan_162.png
Mother3Japan_163.png

Mother3Japan_164.png

Mother3Japan_166.png
”’Cause you’re a nuisance. I know things may not seem all that tension-filled here, but trust me, they are! So quit, already! Quit asking your dumb questions!”
Mother3Japan_171.png
”Reggie sometimes discouraged.”
Mother3Japan_173.png
”This has to be a joke! A 20 million year prison sentence?!”

It's confirmed, the policemen were later recycled to be Oblivion guards and Bethstapo moderators.

Mother3Japan_176.png
”… That’s as far as the song goes so far.)”

Mother3Japan_178.png
”I’m busy sorting letters. Please don’t bother me.”

Bateau went from being emo to a complete dick.

Mother3Japan_182.png
”Lucas. Why don’t you try looking at one, just once?”

You already know the reply.

Mother3Japan_184.png

Mother3Japan_185.png
”That’s what regular folk look forward to. They even got a band there.”

The last thing we’ll do in Tazmily is visiting old man Wess, he’ll surely be “interested” with Lucky.

Mother3Japan_191.png
”so everything is worn out or broken, like the floors and such.”

A shame no-one cares about your problems, more when the Mayor is blatantly corrupt.

Mother3Japan_193.png
Mother3Japan_195.png

Mother3Japan_198.png
”You have legs, right? I see you’re the same… The same as ever. You didn’t need to come to see me… But thank you for remembering me, Lucas. Princess… You’re too kind to me. Thank you very much. Say, you there… Don’t you still have something left to do? We can hang out afterwards. You should really take care of your health. Well, see you. Oh, that ‘See you’’ just now was meant for Ghostdog… You shouldn’t dawdle, Lucky or whatever your name is! Go on! Get going!’”

Aww, he almost paid a compliment to Lucky! It seems that after all he cares a bit for his son. Now we’ll return to the cave of the beginning.

Mother3Japan_214.png

Another easter egg of the game is that sometimes in certain hot springs (it’s always randomized), an old man will be here relaxing. It does nothing for the storyline but it’s still wacky.
Mother3Japan_215.png
Mother3Japan_217.png

Mother3Japan_218.png

This time I’ll present two new enemies, the Parental Kangashark and the Reconstructed Lion. Both are not a threat for our “Broparty” (though watch out for the Reconstructed Lion’s fire breath), unlike…
Mother3Japan_219.png
Mother3Japan_220.png

The terrifying Mecha-Turtle! This thing has lots of hp, and hits very hard. More specifically, unlike standard enemies, you’ll be interested on a full frontal assault for these guys, ‘cause if you attack them from behind, or allow them to turn around…

Mother3Japan_221.png

They’ll unleash hell on your party (specially if they start spamming a missile rain). To sum it up: Kill them quickly and mercilessly (using psychic powers if necessary).
Mother3Japan_223.png
Mother3Japan_224.png

Mother3Japan_225.png

Ghostdog asks Lucas to ditch the disguise, and he agrees. A shame, he looked funnier that way. On the next zone…

lightbane

Arcane
Mother3Japan_03.png
”…But…”

Mother3Japan_05.png

Mother3Japan_06.png
”Oh, well. One of them’s gotta be the right one. Let’s just jump down them at random.”

Okay. How big can the underground be, anyways…?

Mother3Japan_09.png

What the…
Mother3Japan_10.png
”In actuality, mole tunnels are more than just places to live; they also serve as traps intended to confuse and capture food, such as insects. In other words, the moles’ tunnels also act as literal dungeons. Moreover, large-scale tunnels over 100 meters in length are not at all uncommon. If you ever get the opportunity, you should take some time out to watch moles in action.”

But that’s a fucking enormous maze… Let’s get going.

Mother3Japan_16.png
”I dunno, I don’t see why it’s so important to fill the ground with holes. Why can’t the ground just stay as ground, and holes stay as holes? I think ground and holes can exist side-by-side. That’s why I’m not digging and saying ‘dig’ ‘dig’ ‘dig’ constantly. *lazy**lazy*”

Riveting. Of course, there’s lootable stuff here and enemies, who for some reason ignore the vulnerable moles to pounce against Lucas.

Mother3Japan_22.png
Mother3Japan_23.png

Mother3Japan_24.png

Mother3Japan_26.png
”I just stepped on some sunglasses! Why doesn’t anyone ever tidy things up like they should?! I’ve even tripped on helmets before! Because no one ever puts anything away like they should! Honestly, now! Moles these days!”

Mother3Japan_32.png
”Something called ‘Omelets’ appeared to me in a dream. But what is this so-called ‘’Omelets”? Do you know? Our world is really small, so there’s a lot we don’t know about. Omelets… I dunno why, but that kind of excites me. Hehehe. It must be good stuff.”

lucasportrait.jpg
”Exciting you say? Omelets are the gods’ finest delicacy :smug:

Mother3Japan_41.png
”IT’s also tiring! But it’s so much fun! May the ground everywhere become a hole!”

Mother3Japan_46.png
”This hole is so much greater than it was 3 years ago. It’s incredible, actually! So it’s only natural for people to get lost in here. Hahahaha! But yeah, everyone is workin’ so hard. This hole’s gonna get more and more complex! May the ground everywhere become a complex hole!”

Mother3Japan_53.png
Mother3Japan_54.png

You must look for the “right” hole, only one lets you reach a previously inaccessible section of the dungeon.

Mother3Japan_55.png

Mother3Japan_57.png
”Sunny? What’s sunny like again? Oh, it’s cloudy then? Ah, cloudy! Wow, that’s so incredible. Sunny! Oh! Cloudy!”

Mother3Japan_62.png

We find a save frog, so we do the usual and extract all the money.
Mother3Japan_64.png
”Hey, let’s play a game. Try to guess the word I’m thinking of, okay? I’m thinking of a word that starts with an ‘m’ and rhymes with ‘hole’… Wait, that’s too easy! Okay, let’s do a do-over then. The new word I’m thinking of starts with an ‘h’ and rhymes with ‘mole’… Okay, nevermind, I’m not very good at this game. Time to get back to work!”

Wisdom: Your INT is below 4, right? That or you played too much Oblivion with Guns.

Mother3Japan_75.png
”Once upon a time, there was a lazy mole who lived in a hole. This mole would never, ever dig on his own. Instead, he would stand by holes that others dug and say, ‘dig’. What happened to that mole, you ask? No, uhh, I don’t know this story well. Oh, now I remember! Let’s see… And he lived happily after.”

lucasportrait.jpg
”Worst. Tale. Ever.”

Indeed. Now we’ll finally be out of that strange maze, we have a job to do, that’s get back the Egg, a small army of sentient moles trying to dig a hole big enough to actually threaten the island’s stability and kill everyone for no actual reason other than for the lulz is nothing to worry about, I suppose. On the next zone a cutscene happens.

Mother3Japan_85.png
”I hid the egg inside that mud figure. Yes! It’s still here!”

Mother3Japan_89.png

Suddenly, a lighting randomly strikes the forgotten Clayman.

Mother3Japan_90.png

Mother3Japan_92.png
”Whew, that was close…!”

However, the lightning awoke the sleeping golem.

Mother3Japan_95.png
Mother3Japan_97.png

Mother3Japan_98.png

Mother3Japan_99.png

Mother3Japan_100.png
Mother3Japan_101.png

This will surely complicate matters, the screenshots don’t show it but the clayman is madly running away at devilish speed while constantly crashing against the walls and such.

Mother3Japan_104.png
Mother3Japan_106.png

Mother3Japan_107.png

Mother3Japan_108.png

Mother3Japan_109.png
Mother3Japan_110.png

Mother3Japan_111.png
Mother3Japan_113.png

The strange device is constantly cracking with electricity.
Mother3Japan_116.png
”I wonder what it’s here for…”
Mother3Japan_119.png
Mother3Japan_121.png

We don’t have time to observe the painfully ominous and evil-looking Tower, duty calls.
Mother3Japan_122.png
Mother3Japan_123.png

We loot a special item already present on Earthbound, here it’s even better but to compensate the Cups of Lifenoodles no longer exist :decline:

Mother3Japan_124.png
Mother3Japan_126.png

Mother3Japan_129.png

Mother3Japan_130.png
Mother3Japan_132.png

Nothing especially interesting, I buy some food items and that’s it. At the moment Asuka learned another power.
Mother3Japan_134.png
Mother3Japan_135.png

Unfortunately I never bothered to try, I prefer to kill the enemies instead.
Mother3Japan_136.png

Mother3Japan_137.png
Mother3Japan_139.png

Mother3Japan_140.png
”And then you go through all the trouble of putting it back on when you’re done?”

Mother3Japan_142.png
”I mean, there IS a place in there to you’re your mask and all.”

Mother3Japan_145.png
”That’s where you hang bags and umbrellas and stuff like that!”

Mother3Japan_147.png
”So THAT’S why it’s always been so hard to hang my mask there…”
The party arrives interrupting the porskmen’s fascinating, deep and philosophical dialogue. However, shit happens:

Mother3Japan_149.png
Mother3Japan_151.png

He runs away, scared for some unknown reason…
Mother3Japan_153.png
Mother3Japan_154.png

The Pigmask notices Lucas and becomes agitated.

Mother3Japan_157.png
”Please forgive my rudeness! Wearing such a shabby outfit will set a bad example to the men, Commander. Here, I’ll prepare a change of clothes for you. Please put them on right away, sir. Likewise for the folks accompanying you, too.”

Mother3Japan_164.png

Mother3Japan_165.png
”Now let’s go and find that thing before they figure out who we are.”

Humm, I wonder how someone could confuse Lucas with the Pigmen’s Commander.

45449_ness.jpg
“He must be a guy that REALLY looks like Lucas. And viceversa.”

Yep, and that’s strange, that would mean the Commander not only is IDENTICAL to Lucas but should have his same age more or less.

45449_ness.jpg
“REALLY identical, almost as if Lucas and the Commander were related.”

Indeed. In any case, for that lovely misunderstanding the Pigsmen will not be hostile to you, and Lucas gained badass clothes. A fair deal.

Mother3Japan_167.png
Mother3Japan_168.png

Mother3Japan_169.png

The screenshots don't show it but every few seconds a new clayman tech-heresy is created from the machine at the right, and there are other Claymen working at the factory, I’ll avoid these however ‘cause they don’t make sense on a screenshoot.

Mother3Japan_170.png
”H-h-here’s a present from the bottom of my heart, sir. I… I had always wanted to do this for you! Not for any weird reason, though! It’s strictly in a friend sense! (Got a Secret Herb, and Lucas felt something warm inside your heart).”

Lucas is happy that someone cared for him (comprehensible after we saw how egoistical, heartless and senseless Tazmilly Village is). Unfortunately that would mean that Pigmask is into pedophilia considering the probable age of the Commander.

Mother3Japan_177.png
Mother3Japan_178.png

These two do nothing but excuse themselves. The Commander could be a terrible/threatening man, it seems.

Mother3Japan_179.png
”so I dunno, maybe you should just let it go?”

We could, but then the Egg would be smashed and we don’t want that.

Mother3Japan_181.png
”The guy who thought up this system sure is smart! What was his name again…? Ando? Antoine? Adamantium? Androgyny? Oh nuts, I forgot.”
Haven’t we heard that name somewhere? Okay, if by now you don’t suspect who is the Commander, the Scientist, and even the Porkarmy’s leader, you indeed played too many shit-dumbed down games and your IQ has lowered as a consequence.

Mother3Japan_190.png
”Basically, we mix this weird stuff in with clay, and when an electric shock is applied to a lump of it, it starts moving around... Does that help explain it any? Well, to be honest, I don’t really understand how it works, either.”

Whatever the Enemy has for Techpriests they don’t trust the Pigmen enough to teach them anything more than the most basic blessings and rites so they can use the machines, a perfectly understandable reason.

Mother3Japan_196.png

So much that he falls asleep and doesn’t reply if you try to talk to him again.

Mother3Japan_199.png
”Talk about convenient.”

We have to find the messed-up Clayman fast then, or it'll be lost forever.

Mother3Japan_204.png
”Huh? A Clayman that’s gone haywire? Come now, Commander. I know there’s no need for me to say this, but our product development is flawless! We’ve never made anything that might go berserk or malfunction! No-siree!”

Yeah, sure.

Mother3Japan_210.png

"I just saw an out-of-control run out"
Mother3Japan_212.png
”If you’re looking for it, you better hurry before it gets stuffed inside a garbage truck and taken to the dump. Still what in the world did you hide in it? It must’ve been something crazy to get you in such a tizzy. Oh? You can’t say? It must be something embarrassing then, huh?”

Notice how certain Pigmen have different costumes according to their ranks. The white ones with cape are the highest ones if I recall correctly. The rest are more Claymen endlessly working. Nothing more barely interesting can be found, so we leave the factory through the other door, finding the malfunctioning Clayman. Sadly, the party arrives too late.

Mother3Japan_226.png
Mother3Japan_227.png

Mother3Japan_228.png
Mother3Japan_229.png

Mother3Japan_230.png

The pigdustman helps the Clayman to cling into the garbage truck by kicking it until it enters the garbage truck. We must chase them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMaa27yCgXg
Mother3Japan_231.png
Mother3Japan_232.png

The highway have a new set of enemies, less you believed for one moment you were safe.

Mother3Japan_233.png

That’s what happened to the poor wild boars. This heretical monstrosity loves to constantly attack all of your party at once, so you should kill them quickly (they’re strong enough to resist several turns of physical attacks, so you must use offensive/defensive powers before they deal too much damage).

Mother3Japan_235.png
Mother3Japan_236.png

The scrapped robots are actually damaged for real, they start any battle suffering from the “feeling strange”/confusion ailment, and despite not being very dangerous they can do this:
Mother3Japan_237.png
Mother3Japan_238.png

Mother3Japan_240.png

For once the Item Guy was at the wrong place just when you needed him the most. Anyways, for the next section, I’ll post a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vCbAm6mbSA

Mother3Japan_282.png
Mother3Japan_284.png

Mother3Japan_285.png

Well, it’s look like this will not be a short trip, so I’ll finish the update here and leave the rest for the next update. Stay sharp until then!

lightbane

Arcane
No, I haven't been eclipsed by the other lps, I've just been busy. Update this week, if possible and if someone is still interested.

As a snack to get interest, next update will be the last one where you have to suffer Fassad the terrible compulsive-obsessive banana-eating greedy jew sandnniger's constant ramblings. For real!

lightbane

Arcane
Update 10: Tower of love and peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMaa27yCgXg

Mother3Japan_01.png
Mother3Japan_02.png

Well, from where we are (the red spot should be a blinking but the screenshot doesn’t show it), to advance the plot we must go to where the tower is shown, that’s where the Garbage Dump is (and thus the place where the Garbage Truck will go). However, unlike certain corridors shooters/dungeon crawling crapfests nothing stops you of exploring all of the possible paths, so we’ll go first to the left path, and then go upward exploring every nook and cranny of the area.

Mother3Japan_04.png
Mother3Japan_09.png

The recharge stations are not for show, if you don’t use one at least once, your Pork Bean will eventually stop (without any way of finding a replacement except by loading a previous save), forcing you to continue the way on foot. Of course, we can still interact with the pigmen for some gossip.

Mother3Japan_05.png

Pigmask: ”Our Pork Bean ran out of power, you see, and… Yes? A garbage truck? Oh, one just headed north from here.”

Mother3Japan_10.png
”Oh, but please don’t worry. I’ll manage somehow.”

Doesn’t matter, there are many recharge stations.

Mother3Japan_14.png
Mother3Japan_13.png

Lucas learned Counter, an useful shield-type power that can be used to reflect most physical attacks against the enemy, it will be used ‘till Lucas learns a better Shield power (and I’m showing that Doggy Biscuit loot for reasons you’ll later see).

Mother3Japan_15.png

robo.png
”I HAVE FORGOTTEN WHY I AM BROKEN, THOUGH… YOU CERTAINLY HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME TO BE TALKING TO SOMETHING LIKE ME… SORRY! SORRY! IT WAS RUDE OF ME TO SAY THAT!”

? Okay… Actually, I thought it would be fun to see what happens if Lucas returns to his town dressed as the Commander, perhaps he’ll be able to find an excuse to order Isaac’s execution…

Mother3Japan_19.png
Mother3Japan_20.png

…Guess not. But this deserves special mention for probably one of the most original invisible wall on videogames’ history.

Mother3Japan_21.png

If your party feels very weak due a recent battle and/or you want to rush, it’s recommended to never leave the Pig Bean, absolutely everything here is hostile.

Mother3Japan_22.png
Mother3Japan_23.png

More a nuisance than anything besides being able to call reinforcements, this enemy is a pushover…

Mother3Japan_24.png
Mother3Japan_26.png

Something that cannot be said about the Atomic Power Robot, deadly as ever since Mother 2. It still explodes upon death…

Mother3Japan_27.png
Mother3Japan_29.png

And targets the entire party. What’s worse, now these enemies are more numerous and thus you will frequently fight against several of them. My recommendation is using strong multi-target attacks to kill all of them at once.

Mother3Japan_31.png

That odd sign is found near the entrance to the Death desert, that has some new loot to be found.

Mother3Japan_33.png
Mother3Japan_32.png

Mother3Japan_34.png

But you cannot return to the desert properly, a shame...

Mother3Japan_35.png

But it’s compensated with the looting (one of these boxes contains a Luxury Banana, and the other a Super Bomb, nice stuff).

Mother3Japan_38.png

Walking back to the dangerous highways, the party encounters another enemy, a non-broken version of the Scrappy Robot. It can use some psy, but the particularity is that his name is not for show; they still start with the “feeling strange” ailment and will sometimes lose turns trying to regain their balance, but still nothing threatening so far. Something I forgot to comment is that if you attack an Atomic Power Robot from behind, this may happen:

Mother3Japan_39.png

The robot will be totally defenseless and you’ll be able to exterminate it at your leisure.

Mother3Japan_40.png
Mother3Japan_42.png

Some “interesting” signs can be read too (incidentally, a random enemy really is crossing the highway the moment you read the sign).

Mother3Japan_43.png

Another new weapon for Asuka.

Mother3Japan_44.png

facepalm.jpg

Horrible puns are horrible. Anyways, there’s something more intriguing here:

Mother3Japan_46.png

Mouse: ”My children went off to play and haven’t come home. If you happen to see them, please tell them their mother says to come home. Please. Please. Please! Oh, incidentally, I have seven children in all.)”

A fetch-quest, but this optional sidequest has a great reward and it’s easy to do, so we’ll do it. The mice can be found randomly at certain places.

Mother3Japan_52.png

Unfortunately, before we can do anything we’re attacked by a terrible foe (I had to read a random sing to be able to do a proper screenshot, the moment this thing sees you it will charge very fast against Lucas):

Mother3Japan_55.png

This bio-heresy can perform a special attack where it charges straight ahead against your party and then turns back, a double attack against the entire party. It should be considered a threat of Xenos Majoris type and be neutralized quickly and efficiently.

Mother3Japan_56.png
Mother3Japan_57.png

More fun with signs and our first missing mouse is found:

Mother3Japan_59.png

Child Mouse: ”Whew. Reading stuff is so hard. What? My mom’s calling for me? Okay. I’ll head back right now.)”

Mother3Japan_65.png

Child Mouse: ”Huh? My mom’s calling for me? Yikes!! I better get back before she gets REALLY mad at me!)”

There goes another. 5 to go.

Mother3Japan_69.png

Child Mouse: ”It’s scary! The world’s become so scary! Huh? What? My mom’s calling for me? She’s even scarier than the world is, when she wants to be! So I better get home right away, then!”

4 to go.

Mother3Japan_75.png
”(We do)Nice. Surely everyone gets the urge to write graffiti on something at least once, wouldn’t you say?”

A true valuable experience that was. We continue moving north, and we stop after we spot a suspicious pigmook:

Mother3Japan_82.png

Pigmask: ”No one can say no to buying this stuff. You want anything?”
Mother3Japan_87.png

The prizes are high but you will need at least one New Year’s Eve Bomb for a certain boss, plus you never have enough Pencil Rockets and Super Bombs.

Mother3Japan_88.png

Pigmask: ”…Say, you look kinda familiar somehow.”

lucasportrait.jpg
“Uuuhh... Look! SOIL EROSION!!! *runs*”

Mother3Japan_90.png

Stray Dog: ”And, as you can see, I happen to be a stray dog! So there’s only one logical thing for you to do now. Please give me that Doggy Biscuit. I can’t stop drooling…”

Sure, why not?

Mother3Japan_97.png

Stray Dog: ”Oh, I know! You can have this! (Received a Pencil Rocket) Take good care of my thank-you gift!)”

I don’t want to know why a stray dog would have a highly powerful explosive.

Mother3Japan_102.png

Pigmask: ”It’s self-service, so please use it as you see fit. My job is to stand here and say that this station is self-service.”

One of the lamest jobs ever.

Mother3Japan_105.png

Sign: ”Step 1: Place your Pork Bean on the Recharge Panel. Step 2: Press the A button on the nearby device to supply the Pork Bean with power. Step 3: Once the device beeps, the recharge is complete. WARNING! When the device beeps, BE SURE to press the A Button to turn it off!”

Otherwise the Pork Bean explodes and you’re forced to continue on foot for being a retard. We recharge it carefully and continue.

Mother3Japan_111.png

Child Mouse: ”I wanna be a sperm whale and eat giant squids and stuff. Huh? My mom’s calling for me? Aw crap! This is no time for me to be dreaming about stuff! Okay, I’m going home now!)”

3 mice to go.

Mother3Japan_116.png

Even more fun with lol-signs.

Mother3Japan_124.png

Another mouse is hiding here.
Mother3Japan_125.png

Child Mouse: ”Whenever I eat a cookie and munch on it, my cheeks get all big and chubby! It’s so funny when they get like that. Huh? My mom? Oh, she’s smiley again today. She’s smiley whenever me and her are together. So I’m gonna go home now.”

Mother3Japan_132.png
Mother3Japan_133.png

We spot the garbage truck nearly arriving to its destination. Fortunately, you don’t have to hurry at all, there are things that demand your attention, like:

Mother3Japan_134.png
Mother3Japan_135.png

A new “weapon” for Ghostdog, plus this:

Mother3Japan_136.png

robo.png
”ENERGY. COULD YOU PRESS THE SWITCH FOR ME AND HELP ME RECHARGE? I’M SORRY TO ASK. BUT COULD YOU DO THAT FOR ME? O…OHH. THANK YOU THANK YOU. I’LL GIVE YOU MONEY. BUT PLEASE KEEP THE RECHARGE UNDER 15 SECONDS. OR ELSE I MIGHT EXPLODE… AS CLOSE TO 15 SECONDS AS POSSIBLE IS THE BEST. I’LL GIVE YOU LOTS OF MONEY. IF THE RECHARGE IS TOO SHORT, THE MONEY I GIVE WILL BE LESS. TURN THE POWER ON AND OFF USING THE A BUTTON. I’M COUNTING ON YOU, DUDE!”

lucasportrait.jpg
“’Or else I might explode’ you said?”

robo.png
"FUUUUU….!!!!"

lucasportrait.jpg
:twisted:

And KABOOM the robot went… but the screenshooter was not fast enough.

Mother3Japan_152.png

NO YOU.

Mother3Japan_153.png
Mother3Japan_154.png

Mother3Japan_155.png
Mother3Japan_156.png

Mother3Japan_157.png

This guy sells some new gear.

Mother3Japan_158.png

merchant.jpg
”I got souvenirs! I got food! I got stuff! You want somethin’?”

Mother3Japan_161.png
Mother3Japan_162.png

Mother3Japan_163.png

This new vendor sells some interesting stuff but they’re very expensive, we’ll have to kill some more enemies to get enough money for 2 Taurus Bracelets and 1 Souvenir Dress (the Yo-yo is too weak to be considered, and there’s one much better later and for free). Now the party enters the café…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqHCEzaA ... re=related

Mother3Japan_164.png

Ugh, that’s the seediest bar ever seen on a rpg since Anacronox. Fortunately humans on Nowhere islands evolved enough to be immune to contaminant gases. That or Lucas can hold his breath indefinitely.

Mother3Japan_165.png
Mother3Japan_167.png

Mother3Japan_169.png

Lady: ”Make yourselves at home…”

Mother3Japan_171.png

Pigmask: ”There must’ve been some sort of misunderstanding here!”

Mother3Japan_173.png
Mother3Japan_174.png

Mother3Japan_176.png

Guy: ”It’s such an incredible deal! In a way it’s infinite!”

EEWW. Let’s ask another fellow.

Mother3Japan_179.png

Skinhead: ”In fact, I love it even more than Club Titiboo!”
Mother3Japan_181.png

Pigmask: ”I know you’re not really the commander. You’re an impostor. Don’t worry though. I won’t tell no one. It’d be too much of a hassle anyways.”

That was… great? Why would a random pigmask on the filthiest bar possible recognize Lucas when several of his superiors couldn’t? Whatever, let’s keep going.

Mother3Japan_185.png
Mother3Japan_187.png

Mother3Japan_188.png
”It’s covered with cigarette stains and old ketchup. Try inserting 1 DP?”

Okay…

Jukebox: “Withered, old anchovies and the like are stuck to the record, but even so, it actually started to spin.”

There are several songs that are switched randomly, I’ll post all of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21FRBqqh ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7qCN7ot ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA0UC3D_ ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-cxJ6z ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUtO0RrR ... re=related
My mistake, all of these songs exist ingame, I was wrong about what I said on the previous update (though I insist that some of these songs are scrapped ones from the original Earthbound 64).

Mother3Japan_197.png

Mother3Japan_198.png
”the table.”

Now let’s get out before Lucas passes out. Outside the café, at the right, there is… This:

Mother3Japan_199.png
Mother3Japan_200.png

Man: ”Or at least that’s the rumor, anyway. This line HAS to be the one!”
Mother3Japan_204.png
Mother3Japan_205.png

Mother3Japan_206.png

I’ll not comment about this insanity. In any case shortly after Lucas learned PSI Shield Alfa and Asuka learned PSI Magnet Alfa, and another child mouse is found:

Mother3Japan_210.png

Child Mouse: ”By the way, I’m pretty sure none of my brothers went past this tunnel.)”

He’s right, the last mouse is here nearby, more concretely…

Mother3Japan_214.png

Child Mouse:”And I was so proud of the fact I’d never lost a game of one-player hide-and-go-seek before… Huh? My mom’s calling for me? Well I better go home then! Bye-bye!)”

We completed the quest, but before backtracking to get our prize let’s interview this strange person:

Mother3Japan_218.png

Leo-Leo: ”I brought all these presents here ‘cause girls everywhere are tryin’ to make me fall for ‘em. Each one’s from a different girl of course! So anyways, all these presents here belong to me. You can’t have any. You naturally try to open a gift box the instant you see one, don’t ya? But too bad! These ones belong to me!”

Bah, bullshit, you’re trying too hard and you can not stop me…
Mother3Japan_225.png

Leo-Leo: ”That present’s mine! Get your filthy hands off it!”

:roll: Let’s try pestering the guy until he agrees.

Mother3Japan_227.png

Leo-Leo: ”Well too bad! I really doubt you’re popular with the girls. You don’t seem like a very bad dude, either. I dunno, should I let you open one…? “
asuka.jpg
“*Collargrabs* If you do not reconsider I’ll remove what makes you a man right here and right now with a sharp and rusty knife”

Leo-Leo: “Okay, okay! You can have one and only one. Even a bad dude like Leo-Leo has a nice side… That’s why the chicks dig me.”

Yeah, sure…

Mother3Japan_235.png
Mother3Japan_236.png

Mother3Japan_238.png

Leo-Leo: ”They’re symbols of my hotness, after all.”

Mother3Japan_240.png

Kinda useful to have when you’re low on PP and/or healing items. If we go outside and come back…

Mother3Japan_241.png

Leo-Leo: ”Tons of awesome stuff. That sweater you chose was the suckiest present of all.”

Says a man hiding on a cave that’s obviously exaggerating what he doesn’t have. Sucker. Now, our earned reward:

Mother3Japan_244.png

Mouse-mom: ”Thanks to you, all my children have returned home, with cheerful smiles on their faces. For being so kind to me, I insist on giving you two things as a token of appreciation. The first is a kiss from me. And the other thing is th-th-this!) (Got a Shield Snatcher, and Lucas felt something warm on his heart).”

Mother3Japan_253.png

A VERY USEFUL item, you can only get it here, and it’s pretty much necessary for the tougher bosses that have shields (more if they can replace them).
Mother3Japan_255.png

Finally, the long pursuit comes to an end.
Mother3Japan_256.png
Mother3Japan_257.png

Mother3Japan_258.png
Mother3Japan_259.png

That ATM machine looks familiar…

Mother3Japan_261.png
Mother3Japan_262.png

Mother3Japan_264.png

Pigmask: ”I’m afraid I can’t even let you go through here, Commander. But I’m sure you’ll be able to go through here eventually.”

Metagaming much? Regardless of this, we still have an Egg to get, video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tphiWMqGsdE

Mother3Japan_267.png

Dammit! You can no longer abandon the tower until you finish the chapter. Fortunately I completed the sidequest before it. Let’s go…

Mother3Japan_268.png
Mother3Japan_269.png

Mother3Japan_270.png

Mother3Japan_272.png

90YoureaLittleObeseforaStormTrooper.jpg
”You’re here to destroy Thunder Tower, aren’t you?!”

lucasportrait.jpg
“Oh noes! We had been discovered!! How I could guess that speaking with the enemy could blow up my cover??”

“That’s what I’d say if any suspicious people snuck inside. So, as you can see, security here is airtight.”

A porksoldier being competent? Nope, that was a false alarm.

Mother3Japan_276.png

Pigmask: ”I wish the guys in the generator room would get their act together.”

Humm, that’s good to hear, although if you’re a bit intelligent by now you’ll guess that this tower is the responsible of the constant lightning strikes, so we should demolish it if we have the opportunity.

Mother3Japan_278.png
Mother3Japan_279.png

Mother3Japan_280.png
Mother3Japan_281.png

That’s the map of the area. If you look closely you’ll notice there are two possible paths. But because I like to powergame I’ll investigate each one to get the maximum profit possible.

Mother3Japan_282.png
Mother3Japan_283.png

The vendor machine has some cool items, especially Lucas’ new weapon. I’ll buy it using the earned money after killing the boss thanks to a nearby save frog.

This tower, being built by the porkarmy’s jew-here-tech, has several dangers within it, not in the form of traps, but of the strange vermin that lurks inside (kinda makes wonder about how the incompetent pigmen do to survive). This is one of the least dangerous, but crazier ones:

Mother3Japan_285.png
Mother3Japan_286.png

Its name is adequate, this will be your reaction when you see one for the 1st time. They act randomly attacking, staring at the party or leaving for no reason. The other new enemy is:

Mother3Japan_287.png

The Minor Robot. It can throw Bombs damaging the entire party. An interesting feature of these type of mooks is that sometimes when they have low hp they will not be immediately destroyed, instead they’ll lose all of his energy and become a sitting duck. This makes more sense when you meet another mook that’s related with the Minor Robot.

Mother3Japan_288.png
Mother3Japan_289.png

Mother3Japan_290.png

Pigmask: ”Huh? You don’t know about the Chimera Lab? Surely you’re joking again!”

Mother3Japan_293.png

”Is that like ‘going back to basics’ or something? I don’t really get… Ahh! C-Commander! The ‘rice with egg on top’ I just mentioned… It’s actually a technical term meaning that the generator’s danger… is in danger! ‘Rice with egg on top’ equals the generator is in danger. Have you memorized that?”

Mother3Japan_302.png

Mother3Japan_303.png

Pigmask: ”And if that happens, our mean, scary boss will get mad. And if that happens, I’ll get lumps on my head. So please work hard, catfish!”

They use catfish as a power source? Why not use a proper generator instead? Oh, I forgot…

3482701675_303ccecb0d.jpg

Mother3Japan_308.png

Crap, if he spots Lucas there will be trouble, with a bit of luck we’ll slip past him before he notices.

Mother3Japan_309.png
Mother3Japan_310.png

More loot.

Mother3Japan_311.png
Mother3Japan_312.png

That’s the enemy I was talking about, the Battery Man. If the Minor Robot is not killed when its energy is depleted, the Battery Man will sacrifice his life to fully health the Minor Robot. More annoying than anything, but it’s still a nice and original touch.

Mother3Japan_313.png

Mother3Japan_316.png

Ops, our cover is starting to crack… Let’s hurry.

Mother3Japan_319.png

Pigcolonel: ”And that dog-like fellow in the very back… He certainly is dog-like. Like the way he walks, for instance. That’s so cute.”

Mother3Japan_323.png

Pigmask: ”Tazmily region: Sunny, with occasional lightning in places. Mt. Oriander region, Cerulean Beach region: Lightning once preparations are complete.”

Well, that confirms my suspicions.

Mother3Japan_329.png

Pigmask: ”And then, well… I’m not quite sure how to put it, but… charred? People who disobeyed all had their houses charred. We’re doing terrible things here, aren’t we?”

A bit late to have any regrets, don’t think?

Mother3Japan_333.png

Pigmask: ”It’s really dangerous so please don’t go up there.”

Mother3Japan_335.png

Pigmask:”It’s tough work, especially when dry-eye starts to set in.”

Mother3Japan_337.png

”but the generator defense system partway up the tower is really buggy. We’d be in such huge trouble if any bad guys snuck in! Yeah, that generator defense system further up the tower… Things could get real ugly quick. If the generator is destroyed Thunder Tower will collapse! So a special type of trap’s been installed in the generator. I suppose in RPG terms it would be your so-called ‘mid-boss’!”

More metagaming references.

Mother3Japan_345.png

Pigmask: ”BLAAH!... They seem to have grown used to our scare tactics lately. They never get surprised anymore. BOO!!”

Mother3Japan_354.png

Mother3Japan_355.png

Pigmask: ”Yeah. Power output’s really fallen.”

Mother3Japan_358.png

Pigmask: ”But he’s a hardcore DCMC fan, so giving him DCMC merchandise will put him in a good mood just like that.”

Mother3Japan_363.png

Pigmask: ”It’s zap-kaboom perfect!”
Mother3Japan_365.png

Mother3Japan_367.png
”The DCMC logo is boldly printed on it (3 more are being kept in storage.)”

Mother3Japan_371.png
”(Another set is being kept in storage.)”

Mother3Japan_374.png
”(Another one is being kept in storage.)”

Perception: Yep, the nerdy Pork-tropper is back.

Mother3Japan_376.png

Pork Tropper: ”So you came all the way here to visit me, kiddos? You got the best of me last time only ‘cause I was in my ordinary clothes… But now I’m in my combat suit, it’s ‘Handle with Care’ time!”

Mother3Japan_380.png

It’s the same battle as the first time but with a bit more health, so it went like this:

lucasportrait.jpg
*takes off shirt and waves it* Look! An unique, extended collector edition of a DCMC shirt! ”

Porktropper: ”FUUUUCKKK!!! ME WANTS!!! OH FUCK!!! ME WANTS!!! OH FUCK!!! ME WANTS!!! OH FUCK!!! ME WANTS!!! OH FUCK!!! ME WANTS!!! OH FUCK!!! ME WANTS!!!... Wait a minute, YOU’RE WEARING THAT SHIRT, WHICH MEANS THAT’S SECOND-HANDED. YOU TRICKED ME, ASSHOLE!!”

lucasportrait.jpg
“Too late, you lost, lol”

Porktropper:”Son of… *collapses*”

So the boss was defeated. However…

Mother3Japan_382.png

n_20090326215027_un_jeque_arabe_se_.jpg
” You may think you’re a good impersonator, but you can’t fool my eyes!”

Mother3Japan_385.png

n_20090326215027_un_jeque_arabe_se_.jpg
”the pain and woe I went through after that Drago sent me flying… I really must repay that favor in full. Nwehehehehe!!”

Mother3Japan_390.png
Mother3Japan_391.png

Mother3Japan_392.png

Lucas decides it’s a good time to perform a tactical retreat and ran away. Fassad’s reaction? Pull out a banana and calmly eat it.

Mother3Japan_395.png

We really need more villains like this in videogames instead of generic lords of evil/robotic grunts.

Mother3Japan_396.png
Mother3Japan_397.png

Mother3Japan_399.png

We cannot go back, only way to continue here is going upwards.

Mother3Japan_400.png
Mother3Japan_401.png

Mother 3 really redefines the line “Everything is trying to kill you”. Obviously these foes are a piece of cake. At the top of this area we walk inside a new room.

Mother3Japan_402.png

Here there are LOTS AND LOTS of Mother 2 references, like:

Mother3Japan_403.png
Mother3Japan_404.png

Mother3Japan_405.png
Mother3Japan_406.png

Mother3Japan_407.png
Mother3Japan_408.png

Mother3Japan_409.png
Mother3Japan_410.png

There’s a vendor machine here that sells Rubber Capes, strong against lightning and a must-have for the incoming boss.

Mother3Japan_411.png
Mother3Japan_412.png

Mother3Japan_413.png

Not everything here is for laughs though, if you try to open the gift that’s at the north of the room…

Mother3Japan_414.png
Mother3Japan_415.png

SURPRISE BUTTSEX!!! … Not. This monster is not dangerous, and because you have a hot spring right behind you it’s easy to spam your strongest powers until it dies.

Mother3Japan_417.png
Mother3Japan_419.png

For the rest of the stuff I’ll post it on video format:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f08l9CeC0_g

That special item we got is a pretty cool weapon, and closely related to Ness and King P.’s past. I’ll save it ‘till the endgame just incase.

Mother3Japan_425.png

This is the final zone of the chapter.

Mother3Japan_426.png
Mother3Japan_427.png

When the pigmen mentioned the generator was malfunctioning, I never expected that they meant electricity gained sentience and attacked people for the lulz, like these monsters do. Logically they’re electricity-based and will use psy Thunder and such. The Rubber Capes will prove to be unvaluable here.

Mother3Japan_428.png

Hurr durr. That sign is warning you for a reason. When you reach the other side of the room…

Mother3Japan_430.png
Mother3Japan_431.png

LUCAS IS ZAPPED BY RANDOM LIGHTNING!!!

Mother3Japan_432.png
Mother3Japan_433.png

Mother3Japan_434.png
Mother3Japan_435.png

Eeh… My only guess is that this near-death experienced allowed Lucas to have an “enlightening experience” and learn a new power. PK Flash is sadly not as good as it was on Earthbound, so it will be rarely used.

Mother3Japan_437.png
Mother3Japan_437.png

We’re supposed to walk in front of the generator to trigger a cutscene, but you can walk around it for a hidden dialogue.

Mother3Japan_440.png

”Just the fact you were able to come this far is awesome… Which make YOU awesome! I think I might be in love! My name is Sheep. Don’t ask any more than that. Trying to seem mysterious is my hobby.”

Final video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3VlsjwmfP8

Shit hit the fan. Who was that Masked man? Will this be Lucas and co’s end, after a certainly terribad pun? Maaaaybe, or maybe not. That’s why it's a cliffhanger. See you on the next update!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
That banana incident was one of the most ingenious in the history of plot twists...

Also, what th hell is this ? :
merchant.jpg

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Ah, I tried to play it in the pc but I just couldn't stand the horrible controls.

lightbane

Arcane
Update 11: Whatever happened to the boy with the smile?

Chapter 6 is very short, REALLY short, so much it could be summarized in a single video, like this.

Luckily, Lucas did not die neither he was hallucinating, but Asuka and Garret were lost on the fall. What will happen now? See you on the next update, next week (probably)!

PS: If you bump it to next page it will help.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Yeah, we need more of this madness...

also,

10152004cute_mouse_701.jpg

the horny mouse mommy is waiting for an update :lol:

lightbane

Arcane
I'm sorry, but you know the rules, no updates until we hit new page or when the stars are right, whatever happens first...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom