Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Magna Vinland: Potato for the Potato Gods

Where will the greater fun be?

• Take back Romania as Hungary under Vlad III Dracula and Impale Kebab and Hussites.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Unite all West Slavs as Pagan Pommerania and crush Knightly Orders with Hussars.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Save Zoroastrianism, remove falafel and forge a new Persian Empire. Be Saoshyant.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Crush the HRE and unite Germany under Woden with the "Norse Papacy" of Trier.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Take back all clay the Rus stole from Finnic peoples and try to stop ITZ as Finland.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • IA! IA! IA! Lead an army of Prisoners of Ice to bring ITZ across the globe as the Aymaras.

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cassidy

Arcane
:x:

Index

1. The Temptation of Vitzlav V
  2. Daringness forged in Steel
  3. Slava Pomorzu!
  4. The destiny of a dying faith
  5. Liberation of Nordland: The Sodomite Ascension
  6. Sins of a Holy Roman Empire
  7. The Decline and Fall of the "Holy" "Roman" Empire
  8. Every STRONG country needs to REMOVE KEBAB one day
  9. Pomorzkrieg
  10. Strange Bedfellows
  11. Angels and Demons
  12. Unbreakable Barrier

==========================

I'm going to do another Let's Play of that alternate history/cosmic horror scenario , this time with some new options and because I already did Vinland, it won't be in anymore. Therefore, here it goes with the suggested options. I didn't include another new playable nation, the Chinese Madagascar, because they are pretty much a "tutorial country". So, what will it be?

Option 1:

jXFIlVq.jpg

vlad.jpg

This time not as much tl;dr with fluff as last time* I tried to play with this notorious historical figure, because there will be lots of intrigue in the HRE, for Hungary is an elector, and there will be always something to do. If they manage to draw the entire HRE at war with worst kebab, they can crush them like a skull of pig, but convincing the inert and now far more multikult HRE to unite against a common threat is easier said than done. There is a decision to form Dacia, but meeting the requirement, which is to ensure the only Turks occupying any Romanian territory are the ones impaled and dying, won't be easy. Will he only be remembered as a notoriously cruel tyrant?

Rosenthal_-_Romania_rupandu-si_catusele_pe_Campia_Libertatii.jpg

Or will he also be remembered as a national hero and as a true patriot of Romania?

*Dracula will be more throughly detailed in another thread of mine, far more appropriate for that kind of thing, but it will take quite a while for that to happen considering the plot in that IF still is in the 11th Century.

MDdx0Lt.jpg

Option 2:

220px-%D0%9F%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BD.1998%D0%B3.%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%88.%2C%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%85.%2C%D0%B1%D1%83%D0%BC.40%2C5%D1%8527%2C5.jpg

lg_wingedhussars.jpg

: x

And may the potato gods and their last worshippers be strong because they start surrounded by the Teutonic and Norse Orders and alone. The only thing in their favor is that they are a member of the new and mostly pagan "Hansa on steroids". And they have an option to go all "PESTIS CRUENTO VILOMAXUS" if their ruler makes a pact with Chernobog, something you'll have an option to vote for right at the first update if this wins, but there are certain penalties to doing that, in infamy and in being severely punished for not being at constant war to deliver Blood for the Slavic Dark God of Chaos and Skulls for his throne.

Option 3

MPGxSmb.jpg

800px-SassanianEmpireHistoryofIran.png

Zoroaster_1.jpg

I think the images speak for themselves. By the way, Saoshyant is the closest concept the Zoroastrian religion has to a "Second Coming", roughly speaking. Naturally this will be quite a challenge, but there will be rewards to success, such as the choice of razing and exterminating Mecca, and the benefits of an entire dynasty being hailed as Saoshyant.

tl;dr Tonight we dine Kebab!

Option 4:

HHleKdS.jpg

ZUB1i0E.jpg

392px-Image_Germania_%28painting%29.jpg

The closest thing to a kingcomrade option considering kingcomrade's infamous habit of spamming Warhammer pics. Not my fault WHFB ripped off Renaissance so much I couldn't resist making such a nod. Except there should be less skulls and more hammers, and there are two "Empires" in conflict, with Nordland, and Trier within being the smaller, but also more united. Forming Germany won't be easy, and may even force them to wage war on other pagans depending on how successful or not Lithuania is, but they have Woden on their side.

Option 5

b6NbNyz.jpg

588px-Muromian-map.png

Crawfordkalevalahero1.jpg

Hakkapeliitta-1940.jpg

There is a decision unique for Finland that wasn't in the previous version of this mod. It requires a ruler with legendary (9) Diplomacy skill and Finland being fully independent and a major power, and guess what it does? It gives Finland cores to roughly that area shown in the map between Khazaria, Bulgars and Slavonic Tribes. But it has a high cost in infamy, but it is something worth its price for for a DIP 9 ruler provided such ruler doesn't die too soon.

If you did read my previous Let's Play, you should also be aware that Finland will be one of the first countries to face the ITZ in late game, if you didn't, I won't give more details about what such ITZ entails.

Option 6

qYCOuMB.jpg

prisoner_of_ice-cover.jpg

250px-Nyarlathotep.jpg

399px-Precolumbian_Statue.jpg

If this gets voted, I'll definitively try something as crazy as reading the Necronomicon: Word Domination in a mod based on Magna Mundi, because although they start small and insignificant, they still are blessed by the OP bonuses of

:mhd:

Until they grow so mad rebels spawn everywhere, and they got a big disadvantage. They may be blessed by the Eldritch gods, but their government still is shitty Tribal Despotism.

As for playing with Cuzco instead, trust me: in spite of the Eldritch bonuses it is more than possible for a player controlled Cuzco to crush the Aymaras, because of superior manpower and numbers. And then it gets boring as fuck until European rape train arrives. It wouldn't be as fun as trying world domination with legions of ITZ... and still probably failing horribly under constant rebel spawns and penalties to extremely high infamy.

Last edited:

exe

Augur
Persia sounds really interesting, but...
6 Aymara, ITZ coming!

I decided to cast a vote even though I yet have to start reading first Magna Vinland LP. And, of course, I voted 2.

Oh and about Chernobog. I remember laughing my ass off while reading Bruckner's (polish slavist/linguist 1856 - 1939) book about "Slavic mythology". In chapter about Chrenobog he wrote that this name and this god was "invented" later and: "There were no niggers in slavic pantheon"*

*Chrenobog/Czarnobóg means "Black God".

Cassidy

Arcane
Vlad is king of hungary how this is possible?

He is the Matthias Corvinus of this Alternate History scenario. He was raised in Hungary by the exception that confirms the rule: a boyar loyal to the dynasty he is last surviving member from, who fled with him and his family after the worst turk conquered a defiant Wallachia. Later Vlad III talents and nobility would grant him a position as a Hungarian general. His military leadership saved Hungary from certain defeat by the Ottomans, he ended with the right allies and had more wisdom to put temperance and purpose to his cruelty than the historical one did.

It may be ASB, but is more plausible than Pagan religions having a resurgence in Europe...

Or Aymara mutants who worship Eldritch gods...

:M

Cassidy

Arcane
Right. There were enough votes and by a quite disputed margin, Pommerania won. In spite of several comments calling upon the dark(rather than nigger) god, there will be a vote on which deity can make Pommerania Strong by the end of this update.

==============================

fantasia_movie_image_6.jpg

The Temptation of Vitzlav V

oDKMoyI.jpg

Krzesimir Dębski - Temat miłości

Pommerania, small and surrounded by hostile crusaders, has found in trade their only hope to achieve enough wealth, and by extension power, to defy the far greater alliance between Poland, the Teutonic and Norse Orders. A member of the Hansa, they are the last people who still worship the old Slavic gods, and through trade, they hope to achieve more than what brute force alone could. Ruled by Vitzlav V since Lithuania lost Gdúnsk, and with more than half of their territories lost to the Danish crusaders, Pommerania was determined to not succumb to despair, no matter how hopeless the situation may be. A great war is waged between the larger pagan countries of Lithuania, Finland and Scandinavia against the crusasders, Pommerania left alone simply because of their insignificance, for now.

Ruling over a small and heavily decentralized country while sponsoring a Hansatlantic Kontor(to not be confused with KOTOR) in the wax and fur markets of Turku, Finland, the Prince of Pommerania has limited funds, but achieving a solid presence in Venice will change that. Yet, merchants are expensive, and it was a risky choice between sending merchants to attempt competition in foreign centers of trade or expanding the army, for the limited funds are not sufficient for doing both at once. Vitzlav has chosen to take some chances, and much was spent in an attempt to gain a solid foothold in the great city of Venice.

0jyUXj8.jpg

Vinland has grown large in territorial extent, if sparsely populated. Their large territorial extent made them no longer widely accepted, and in spite of being a despotic principality, Pommerania was surprisingly elected to lead the Hansa. This was a handy boon in these dark times, but it was unlikely Pommerania could transform the Hansa into an effective military alliance as well, yet, gold from trade could buy armies, and would always be welcome.

lHP9AZt.jpg

The Hansa was at its apex when Pommerania was elected as the new president of the League. The tobacco from the New World was for now a product sold exclusively by members of the Hansa, and it was precisely there, in Vinland, that the real economic strength and future of this league existed. Pommerania, like their fellow Slavs, were oblivious to the exact location of Garðinn, which was a pity because it would sooner or later become a very valuable center of trade.

fPSkJEI.jpg

The interest of economic prosperity and growth built a bridge over religious differences that some countries were willing to cross. Burgundy was one of them. having allowed the burghers of Antwerpen to join the Hansa, in spite of its only independent members being pagan. Of course, there were substantial mercantile benefits for any kingdom willing to allow one of its cities to become a member of the League.

iGHGtf3.jpg

Lithuania ended their war with the crusaders without territorial losses, and now marched onto the mongols crushed by the Ottoman Empire to take over parts of White Ruthenia. The Sixth Northern Crusade whoever was not over. Sooner or later war would come to Pommerania as well, but not for now, those wanting to crush them still busy elsewhere.

bFRvDou.jpg

Finally some good news in these difficult times. Lithuania has offered an alliance, which was naturally accepted. Once the Teutonic Knights come, they won't be fighting alone for their clay.

9LaKC6R.jpg

It may seem a small victory for the pagans, but nevertheless it was a victory, with the Norse Order defeated and forced to cede one of their provinces to Scandinavia. Hopefully the day will come where all Wends will be free again.

RIOiHI4.jpg

Through mercantile supremacy, Pommerania, whose Prince and president of the Hansa Vitzlav V observed carefully the events around his small country, became stronger, with a solid trade economy that could fund an army powerful enough to defy the crusaders, once the time is right, or once it is needed.

G89nFbA.jpg

A measure that should have been done long before. Pommerania has no naval tradition or know-how, and their navy is little more than for show, being practically worthless should they have to fight any real navy due to their abhorrence of naval matters.

oczEyfU.jpg

Over Cape Arkona, the final western stronghold of the Slavic faith, new lands are claimed for settlement and agriculture, with a considerable investment given to ensure the maximum benefit from such development.

vOIArIm.jpg

When they were part of Lithuania, Pommerania was the first line of defense against the crusaders. For centuries their people have resisted the zealotry and murder in the name of their god, for centuries they have fought with courage and strength, rising as legends, as examples of resistance against all odds. And this tradition shall continue, with the adoption of battlefield commissions. One day, the one-god fanatics fear the glorious arms of Pommerania!

Vitzlav was growing older, and he knew there was a pressing matter. Pommerania would most likely not survive without the special attention of a god... or perhaps, good and evil were pointless, power and wealth was everything, and through dark dreams, something has long tempted the Prince to amass immense power, wealth and even immortality, for a price. He now was ready to make his choice on which god would bring Pommerania to glory, and he knew that once he has forged an alliance with one of many gods, there would be no turning back:

1)

Y9cz0JR.jpg

mMksKg3.jpg

2)

pa6ikh0.jpg

zN7oWEw.jpg

3)

B6qWb5w.jpg

djCpnzf.jpg

Pay attention(or not) at the benefits and penalties of each option, and post your vote.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Svarog!

Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.

Shield me from the Chaotic One...the Trickster in the woods...who lures the fool and entices with drink and promise of plenty... 'Tis a ruse...and 'tis your soul he's after....

:salute:

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Svarog!

Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.

Shield me from the Chaotic One...the Trickster in the woods...who lures the fool and entices with drink and promise of plenty... 'Tis a ruse...and 'tis your soul he's after....

:salute:

Cassidy

Arcane
Though I'd like to see the options granted by other Gods as well, if there are any.

By the way, before I mention them, Svarog also brings the following benefits to any province with a Rodnover majority which economy is based on mining(iron, copper, lead, silver or gold). Of course at this moment Pommerania has none.

50% higher total trade income
5% increase to direct tax
0.02 of local inflation reduction
5% increase to local taxes
20% bonus to production efficiency

There are other options, but they require a degree of Administrative, Diplomatic or both skills Vitzlav lacks:

- Svetovid, the god of thunder, requires ADM 5 and DIP 6

Pros

+5% to discipline
+ 0.5 to leader fire
Reduction of 5% in stability costs

Cons

None

- Semargl, the gryphon god of healing, recovery and wisdom, requires ADM 7 and DIP 6

Pros

20% bonus to global manpower growth
5% reduction in research costs for all fields

Cons

15% increase in stability costs

In addition, any province with a Rodnover majority after this decision is done will have:

5% bonus to local manpower
10% faster growth of the garrison
15% faster recruitment
4% bonus to population growth

Jarylo, god of spring, requires ADM 7

Pros

20% to production efficiency
5% to trade efficiency
15% lower research costs in production tech
15.00 in production tech investment
5% lower research costs in trade tech
5.00 in trade tech investment

Cons

15% more expensive research costs for land and naval tech
5% increase in stability cost

In addition, after this decision any province which economy is based on natural vegetation(not crops) will have the following bonuses:

25% increase to total trade income
10% increase to local production efficiency
5% increase to direct tax
5% increase to local taxes
8% bonus to population growth

Marzanna, goddess of winter, requires ADM 7 and MIL 7

Pros

-0.08 in war exhaustion growth
-8 in maximum war exhaustion

Cons

-10% in chances of converting heathens or heretics
-30% higher stability cost

In addition, this decision brings the following provincial modifiers from about October to the end of Winter to any province with a Slavic pagan majority:

- +2 fort levels (that means a default level 2 fort turned into a level 4 one every winter, and so on)
- +2 to attrition against enemies besieging the province
- -10% to tax income

I know some of these are not exactly balanced and may require some nerf, but the starting situation of Pommerania already nerfs them, so whatever.

:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom