Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Legend of Grimrock

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
-This will be a regularly updated yet somewhat slow moving Lets Play. I will typically only have time to update over the weekends. However, I will try to ensure the updates are worth it (i.e. massive updates).
-I am being watchwitzed. If you want updates to be regular, tell DarkUnderlord to unwitz me, because otherwise it is a real bitch to post/browse the boards.
User was un-watchwitzed for the purposes of encouraging regular updates. As user has failed to comply by providing regular updates - whilst at the same time having plenty of time to review movies and comment in other threads - user has been re-watchwitzed.

As the user was potentially being dishonest in their request to be unwatchwitzed, user has also been re-queued. From now on, only updates to this thread will be approved until this Let's Play is complete. Only once this Let's Play is complete will the user's posts in other threads be allowed.

Thank you, have a nice day.

This made my day, and I now consider this LP one of the must-follows in the playground. :hero:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Why you're still here?
Let it hide on the other page. If only more LP were active to do that...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why you're still here?
Let it hide on the other page. If only more LP were active to do that...

I'm hedging my bets that he's so desperate to post crap on GD, Politics, etc. that he'll cave and actually LP this game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What a bunch of sadistic crowd of snwmns without popcorn...
I'm in.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
I went with:

Minotaur Warrior (Swords/Armor), perks: skilled + head hunter.
Lizard Rogue (Unarmed/Dodge), perks: skilled+fistfight (it's been a while but I don't remember any unarmed weapons, I just used fists the entire game)
Human Rogue (Dagger/Assassination), perks: skilled+aggressive.
Insect Mage (Spellcraft/Frost), perks: skilled+strong mind.

The way the character system works it's usually best to stick with two skills and dump all of your points in there. Similarly most of the traits are bested by the fairly generic +3 skill points trait which allows for higher boosting of your primary skills (the end result is usually better than whatever you get from another trait).

Re: maces. Wouldn't worry about any frost immunities although the biggest drawback is their speed and accuracy (and if you go Minotaur you're already start with a hit to accuracy). Those negatives are countered by the fact that maces do the most damage and, at higher skill levels, can ignore enemy armor.

Gamebanshee has a decent guide you can look at. Avoid the spoilers but it is handy to look at the breakdown of attributes, skills, and traits in creating your party.
OK, I'll start with this.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Or get 4 mages and finish it faster.
Not because of playthrough but death from boredom...

Damn, I gotta go reinstall and try combination of 2-3 rogues plus mage. Not to mention lot of custom dungeons from people... especially Beneath the Sands that stopped my adventure with this game few months ago.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
OK, I'll start with this.

Well, don't completely mimic me as that would be boring. Spend an hour or so looking over that gamebanshee skills guide and maybe you'll come up with some interesting variations.
No I mean that I will base my party in yours and others suggestions, and I'll check the guides just to be sure.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
4 DAYZ HOLIDAYYYYYZ BROZZ. It was supposed to be 3 days, but I just heard the Federal Govt of PAK gave us another day + 2 day weekend makes for 6 days off in a row. Time to get this Grimrock LP off the ground. Also, time to play Game of Thronez! :D

DarkUnderlord and others: I have every intention of doing this LP. I just f'd up and made the thread earlier than I should have. I also thought I would be taking my yearly leave (2weeks) around this time, attaching it to these holidays so I get 3 weeks off, but it hasn't worked out due to work load.

Apart from everything else, I FINALLY after years have a PC powerful enough to play anything I want...unfortunately all the games I missed over the last few years plus all the new ones have kind of been nagging at me bad. I want to play everything...but that way I will end up with playing nothing.

Still, Grimrock will be first. Tonight (Monday night) I will chill and rest and maybe watch Iron Man 3 (or Conan, I don't care if critics didn't like it. It's got swords, hot bitches, and muscular momoas)

Tomorrow I will hopefully fire this up. Cosmic Misogynerd Bro I request you LP something else so as not to take fire away from this. Or play the game and take your screenshots, but only upload it all once I am done with this. At the very least, if you can't wait do it in another thread on this board ;)

My party will be as follows:

Minotaur Warrior
Human Monk (still undecided whether to go Warrior or Rogue. Leaning towards rogue for dodge, but then again Warrior gets some sweet initial bonuses to stats)
Human Mage-Female (Main Character)
Human Mage-Male

I will also squeeze in some private playing time for Game of Thrones which MaskedMan was kind enough to gift to me via this weeks Humble Bundle. I fooled around with it for a bit, and apart from the awful camera and way too fast combat and too big/zoomed in character models it seems quite flavorful and really cool. The Wall looks awesome, and it reeks of ASOIAF atmosphere, at least the starting areas do. I may take screeniez as I play, for a future LP.

Yes, you will be seeing more LPs from me now, thanks to my new powerhouse notebook.

Also, ban Metro

and plz don't delete this thread.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Lets play Legend of Grimrock

1. Intro and character creation

Introduction and character creation

2013-10-14_00001_zps96d38743.jpg

2013-10-14_00004_zps08b5ad2b.jpg

2013-10-14_00005_zps2e836ce5.jpg

2013-10-14_00008_zpsc482ce98.jpg

2013-10-14_00007_zps404ce025.jpg

2013-10-14_00010_zps3e00de7f.jpg

2013-10-14_00012_zps4315e3c0.jpg

2013-10-14_00011_zpseabd60f6.jpg

2013-10-14_00014_zps476ac1c5.jpg

2013-10-14_00016_zpsf8cedee2.jpg

2013-10-14_00018_zpsc2115f43.jpg

2013-10-14_00019_zps1808a49c.jpg

'sup Mother Russia

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom