Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play: Knights of the Old Republic II

Arde645

Novice
Right, lets get this done. I'm also finally beginning to near the end of my screenshot store.

Part V - 1: Korriban

Our adventures on Korriban begin with Kreia bitching at us about how she will be "unable to accompany," us planetside. I didn't have any intention on ever using her, so that's all fine and dandy with me. After taking a moment to organize all the gear of the party members I intend to take - Bao-Dur and Handmaiden, in case you wanted to know - since I totally forget if anything happens after getting off, I finally head to the airlock and step out into the sands of Korriban.

47CA5E54A826A28B98AA48473D7E8F220A25C4AA

(Just ONE moment without any of your prattling, Kreia. Please and thank you.)

We are immediately greeted by at least 30 seconds of exposition from Kreia telling us the general history of Korriban and to not loot the bodies since something bad happens if you do. I won't loot them now, but I'll probably come back near the end of the game to try and grind another level off of the beasts that spawn when you loot them. It helps that the loot is pretty bad on them usually, lessens my rampant kleptomania.

Alright, in all honesty the stuff that Kreia talks about is pretty fascinating if long-winded. I visit all the tomes and listen to Kreia's little snippets about their owners, obviously I won't be posting all of them unless you guys want them so lets just skip ahead a bit.

5AD75003217AA9C3505EA64678CF3CBF9CEA9713

(That looks more like a sandbox than any real attempt at archaeology.)

Another cutscene about some archaeology site that used to be present. Some rambling about destroying shit in their haste, blah-blah, failure, blah, barely visible due to the sands of time, blah. I power through so that I can get to the other part up ahead.

FA93F2C8AF5EEE9F1CE7AAE05B931DD224415EF1

(HAH, I actually got a screenshot of them this time.)

What do we find patiently waiting for us past the collapsed pillar? More of those shitty HK-50s.

Annoying Recitation: Let us proceed to facilitate communications. Via repeated application of SWORD.

After beating their mechanical asses in and and looting their smoking corpses for more droid equipment as well as another HK part, we proceed down the path to our objective. We are then greeted by yet another cutscene, this one for some dark cave-a-majigy.

74AF24996C1F7F77545C9DE713300C425637C147

(Sure thing Kreia. I didn't feel like going in right now anyways.)

After taking care of those stupid flying scythe-wielding flesh-bats or whatever, I decide to take Kreia's advice and leave the cave alone for now. Don't worry, we'll come back later.

Walking down the path to the academy leads us to yet more flesh-bats and some random goat-things. They get their shits promptly kicked in, and we proceed as normal until we finally reach the entrance, where we kill a couple more goat-things. They don't drop any loot, so i'm not interested in them too much. Right before entering the academy, we're treated to another cutscene with Kreia talking about how more of the beast that we just finished fighting are also inside and possibly stronger. I acknowledge the warning and proceed anyways because EXP, loot, and story progression.

6E8F9CEE5A80D36894E2DE396446DCF92A639A8B

(Yeah, fuck you too buddy.)

Past the loading screen, we are treated to more Sion. He talks some shit about the Dark Side, some shit about Kreia, and finally some shit about Jack before proceeding to sick some assassins at him. Whatever, we'll probably kick their asses anyways.

We enter into a rather expansive room with nothing in it other than a bit of loot. After a final inspection of the room, the party heads towards the only other path that leads deeper into the academy. I also just noticed while writing, but doesn't this academy have a rather lot of sloping ramps and shit? Anyways, we pass into the corridor and encounter those assassins that Sion sent.

00DE1D461F2E1D23F67BC0F1EB5311DD3A718D42

(I have no idea why they even bother. How did they even get the job?)

Asses were obviously kicked. We continue into the rather large hub-like area where we are greeted by several doors. After a quick talk with Handmaiden (those misclicks man,) I come out with a few more LS points and some influence.

After fully exploring the hub and looting whatever can be looted, I head towards the smaller bunk area and begin clearing those stupid goat-things out and looting all the footlockers. The goat-things provide no fight and are quickly dealt with and I am rewarded with plasma grenades and armour from the footlockers. As I'm beginning to leave back to the hub, I am once again accosted by more assassins which are quickly dealt with. I have no idea why they come at me piecemeal when they would be infinitely more effective if they just swarmed me, did the Sith even bother to train them?

4F3E0804D92535FAE676A42A3B135387A2FA5AB0

(Fuck'em. At least they occasionally drop some okay loot.)

Once I'm back in the hub, I decide to head towards the other open door into a larger bunk area. After clearing it of goat-things and even more stupid fucking assassins, I begin looting the place. More plasma grenades for whatever reason and some credits. Nothing of note.

After making a final sweep of the area, I head towards the terminal in one of the bunks.

1E1EBE6ED09D9E34243FF9C59D45D0503C4FD331

(FUCK. YOU.)

And am ambushed once again. FUCK. STEALTHED. ENEMIES.

Aaaanyways. I clear them out and access the terminal and see a screen with an indication for a test. I don't feel like opening the library because fuck it, so I click the "Begin Level 1 test" whi-

2N5LocU.jpg

(FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

086CB68BD8E268F758F9CCACD500BFB3BD75AD5C

(Last save. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-)

-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

laclongquan

Arcane
Like. I. Said.

Without something attractive on screen, nobody care about KOTOR2.

Protip: Next LPer please try a Female Nudie run (aka no wearing armor at all and mod something nude inthere). It would have raised more interest than this.

It would have been hard and dying a dozen deaths, but that's the attraction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom