Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Kaiserreich: New Mongol Empire

This poll is redundant considering you're all going to vote for Georgia, but anyway:

• Austria

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Bhartiya Commune (Syndicalist India)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Delhi (AKA Pakistan + a piece of India)

• Georgia

• Libya (PS: Gaddafi was born in 1942)

• Mittelafrika

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Mongolia

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • National France

• Ukraine (Banal, shit, boring)

• Total voters

Cassidy

Arcane
So is the old core granting event against Siberia still there?

If it is, it must require all of Siberia to be under Mongolian control or something, because so far no event of such kind fired.

Cassidy

Arcane
One vote for each option and no vote to break the tie-in.

Alright, got it: you have no interest in this LP. Good, one less for me to update.

:troll:

Cassidy

Arcane
BTW, I love how Sternberg's history is the twisted and more realistic version of the "White man joining a nomadic culture" theme.

161.jpg

Mongolian Art of War

Inget Hopp

FjdWI.jpg

The Tibetans were too afraid to ally with Mongolia, and now they will regret their cowardice. Between the Mongol Empire and Bengal, from where, countless new recruits for the horde could be found, they lie. That is the only reason to not ignore them completely, for now.

The horde is deployed to the border with Tibet as close to Lhasa as possible. The plan will be a rapid, swift offensive to take control of Lhasa and immediately bring down the puny Tibetan forces to surrender.

PDr69.jpg

While the Horde organizes itself for the coming offensive, I take a look at foreign news. The old Austrian Empire seems to be crumbling, facing Poland, Italy and Hungary. This is what happens to those that go soft on the conquered and embrace openly so many cultures instead of promotion the one superior culture.

0v7fd.jpg

And speaking of embracing multiple cultures equally, it never surprised me how the pathetic America has ended with another civil war. They are weak and decadent, living in a growingly sedentary lifestyle and growing fatter every decade, unworthy of the honor of even having a chance at joining the Horde.

:patriot:

gBfFn.jpg

Finally Siberia is fully integrated with the Mongol Empire. Most of its people have their ancestry among the Mongols, and are gradually accepting the empire and me, as a much better lord than the Russians who oppressed our brothers for so long. The recruits shall now be much larger. I can see now our mighty empire raising one of the greatest hordes of history in the coming year!

oUcJJ.jpg

A formal mobile command will be set up eventually to greatly improve the coordination of the Horde along the coming wars for the restoration of the Mongol Empire its former glory during the times of Genghis Khan!

wq2hc.jpg

Tibet shall fall easily. The horde desires to face a worthy opponent but so far they only fought against weak and pathetic armies. Soon their wish shall be granted! Soon we shall send an Ultimatum to Russia to cede all Siberian and Altaic territory that is rightfully mine, for I am not only the Khan of Khans: I am Temujinn reincarnated! And the world shall remember Mongolia again with fear and respect!

H7lbO.jpg

While Tibet is about to be defeated, our Tuvan brothers find valuable resources on Kyzil. They will of course be very important to secure the future of Mongolia as a glorious and self-sustaining empire.

OYRIx.jpg

The offensive against Lhasa doesn't last much. The defenders are rapidly falling despite all the tactical advantages mountains provide for them, for their tactics are so outdated they simply stand no chance of victory even if they were at a 1:1 ratio with the Horde.

78O7i.jpg

Now I will rally with the Horde to another very important conquest: Bharitya Commune shall crumble and these filthy communists shall all be given their deserving fate.

However, a famous Chinese strategist, Sun Tzu, said something I can only agree with regarding what is supreme excellence, and with all the conquests and expansion of my empire, I might now be able to spare the horde from the chore of having to fight at all against such weak and pathetic enemies.

VGzQH.jpg

I shall release an ultimatum for the Bharitya Commune: if they peacefully give in to the glorious Mongol Empire, their land shall be spared from the ravages of war and other than tribute collectors, and their rulers will have free passage to leave their land if they wish to, while we will not harass their territory and their people in any way, tasteful or not. If they refuse, they are going to lose anyway and suffer much more. How can they refuse?

DcUgz.jpg

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

:yeah:

I personally commend the humility of the communists, although they told me that "one day, Mongolia shall fall and pay an even more terrible price for their pride and imperialism than she did before". That is just the hurt the defeated feel after their defeat.

Because the way it is going, I, Roman Ungern-Sternberg, will manage to make France surrender to my glorious Eurasian-spanning Mongol Empire in the next ten years! I am sure they will surrender just like Bharitya Commune did, unless they are fools and insane.

hJt0p.jpg

I won't waste the time and blood of my great horde with such insignificant conquests. Bhutan boldly refuses. I will send one more ultimatum. Just one more! And make it very clear, that considering how insignificant they are, I will order for the great horde to slaughter all of their people without mercy to bring the END OF LINE for them if they refuse to surrender without a fight! Being meek to the conquered is what drove Austria to decline, we will have none of such weakness!

y2If9.jpg

Meanwhile, the pathetic Syndicalists are crushed by a less decadent rule in Amerikwa. Yet the war such deservingly pathetic country is having is far from over. Reading these news is always entertaining when I have time outside of leading and managing the Horde and my Empire.

SD0rC.jpg

While my development of a new land doctrine for the horde advances, armored cars will be updated to the latest technologies for the glorious horde, and I began to wonder on an alternative to cavalry, I realized that Mongolia needs a proper armored force to truly recreate the might of the Horde under the circumstances of modern warfare. Much of our conflict for now will happen in terrain that is far from suitable for tanks, but by the time research puts our armored technology up to date with modernity, from my predictions, this will no longer be the case.

qqAY5.jpg

My final ultimatum worked. It seems that when I made it clear it was SURRENDER OR BE EXTERMINATED, their fighting spirit faded away instantly. Of course now they will be spared of any slaughter as my Horde will march towards more worthy and numberful foes in the battles to come. I will no longer bother focusing on insignificant countries.

51jm7.jpg

Because now the Horde will grow exponentially with all the new willing recruits. Three infantry divisions with armored car and cavalry brigades are already on the way to be deployed. Mongolia is finally a true Great Power again! The Russians continue to occupy our rightful Siberian and Altaic lands, but we still remember the humiliating the Chinese inflicted against the Mongols. It is time for me to fight at last a worthy opponent.

Who shall crumble under the might of the Horde now?

1. The Qing, who have insulted Mongolia by ungratefully demanding all lands of Xibei San Ma they shed no blood for conquering, and Yunnan Clique right next. I'll have to break the alliance with Japan to ensure no sharing of the spoils with them should I decide to do it.
  2. Russia, for oppressing Mongolia for so long, unless they are wise enough to give in to the current Mongolian demands over Siberia and the former territory of Alash Orda.
  3. Delhi, because they are inane and Islam has oppressed our people as much as others have. Crush this pathetic shithole without mercy and may the Entente rot and wail in their defeat to both the Allied powers and the Syndicalists. I'll take the opportunity to put Princely Federation down too and add all of India to the glorious Mongol Empire.

Cassidy

Arcane
301px-ungern-sternberg_r.jpg

Between the Bear and the Dragon

Trivia: Baron Ungern-Sternberg was raised in Estonia, not Lithuania.

for victory

Sora0.jpg

In your dreams, Wrangel. In your dreams. Such is a sign that Russia won't wait much longer to attempt to once again conquer Mongolia. No time to waste. Everything must be readied for the Horde to be as effective with its current numbers as it can, if necessary.

JdTS6.jpg

For the horde will grow rapidly and exponentially. Soon the Russians will remember the days the Horde besieged Kiev, soon they will regret their arrogance.

QAEm0.jpg

While I hope to let the Horde grow as big as possible before the inevitable, the Russians continue their conquest of the small, of the weak...

NJUQy.jpg

...and of the insignificant. They haven't stopped waging wars, they continue their rampage without mercy against those they claim to belong to their decadent empire. And once Georgia is gone, they will definitively look after the Khanate. I will not let this happen.

027nX.jpg

In their rush to conquer Georgia as fast as possible, they made a big mistake and I can no longer simply wait for them to finish the pathetic and insignificant Georgia because that will take two months at most, and after that they will probably have everything ready to attack the rising Mongol Empire. The time is now, it will be risky, but later the situation will only worsen. The faster I crush the Russians, the better.

8W1yB.jpg

Of course trying to appear legitimate will reduce the odds of drastic consequences outside of a war with Russia. Georgia became a convenient tool to justify a declaration of war against the Russian oppressors, and to draw their attention away from the border with Mongolia after all.

After some successful encirclements, the Russian army will collapse while it foolishly advances through the undefended frozen vastness of northern Siberia. Nothing will interfere with the next step into rising the Mongol Empire to its former glory!

ARsDe.jpg

Foolish Germans, may the rot of French communism stab on their backs soon!

JJ6Rz.jpg

This was not what I was waiting for. I should look at the bright side: this means the entire world fears the might of the Horde already! Otherwise they wouldn't be banding together in a desperate hope of crushing the new Mongol Empire, and they shall all be conquered and subjugated. Where Genghis Khan stopped at Eastern Europe, I shall conquer the whole Europe! Our victory shall become a legend to never be forgotten!

1FcQa.jpg

The Russian forces are so pathetic and poorly trained that they still are crumbling next to the concentrated might of the horde despite superior numbers! Much territory was lost, but that is part of the plan. I will not tie our great horde on defenses. The enemy forces shall be divided, encircled and crushed, they shall meet a terrible defeat and the Japanese Empire are already putting the Qing in their place!

T5gaH.jpg

I will not tolerate such insolence! If the horde were to stay on the defensive it would lose the war! Demote this war "hero" to toilet cleaner because I'm merciful enough to not order an execution today!

9sTu3.jpg

Another major victory! Several Russian forces may soon be encircled and crushed in Tomsk! Hundreds of thousands of them! And by July 1938 our Horde shall become nearly twice greater than it is now.

etArA.jpg

Desperatedly, the Russians launch an attack against the important and industrialized city of Novosibirsk. They know what will happen if they fail! They will have a massive part of their army encircled. And that is only the start. I will not lose this battle, for I am the Khan of Khans, the invincible Baron Roman von Ungern-Sternberg, conqueror of continents! And not even the combined might of Mitteleuropa and Russia together shall be enough to stop me and the glorious Horde!

P7v2Y.jpg

Once the Qing crumbles apart, between the Japanese army and Mongol hordes, Europe shall lie burnt and pillaged.

gengkhan.jpg

EUROPE SHALL LIE BURNT AND PILLAGED

Cassidy

Arcane
Germany has a nasty habit of allying with Russia in Kaiserreich.

That balances the dumb habit the AI has of wasting too much time trying to occupy worthless provinces in Siberia. Elastic defense is more than possible for an expanded Mongol Empire but it has its risks and requires perfect timing. As of the shells in the night of Tblisi, the perfect time came because Georgia was the last country Russia was yet to gobble located far from the Russian-Mongol border. The objective right now is to stabilize the massive front and once the divisions scheduled for around June-July are built, start gradually driving the Qing back with the help of Japan. The defeat of the Qing will allow for a more aggressive strategy against Russia, which in turn must lead to as much territorial gains as possible before the Alsace-Lorraine or War adds a new side to this conflict.

If the plans turn out as intended, instead of Soviet and Allies trying to reach Berlin first, Syndicalists and a new Mongol Empire far more powerful than the old one ever was will.

And speaking of this, here is a funny detail: by the end of this update, Georgia still didn't perish to the shells in the night and refuses to surrender. But don't worry, the Mongols will sooner or later fix the problem.

==============

4336128768_73e0f7731f_z.jpg

A large army of scared peasants is no match for the Glorious Horde

Tank (Mk. I)

VeibV.jpg

After Novosibirsk was secured, the Russians desperatedly try to fully halt the offensive that will cut off many of their soldiers at Tomsk. They will not have any success in such endeavor for their army is an army of drafted peasants who serve Wrangel not out of a sense of duty or of a sense of honor, but simply out of fear. And an army that serves their leader only because of fear rather than the greater motives of honor and duty a fully standing army like the glorious Horde has, is like a house of cards on the sand, and no matter how big this house of cards on the sand is, it doesn't stop being one. I, Roman von Ungern-Sternberg, will fully topple this house of cards with the help of my great brothers-in-arms and honor the legacy of Genghis Khan!

yFjYm.jpg

It didn't surprise me their attempt to disrupt the encirclement of Tomsk was an utter failure. Now the horde will finish the job, we must strike swiftly and the fresh new troops sent to the front will greatly help this, for surrounded, without supplies and being attacked from so many directions, I have almost no doubt the defenders of Tomsk will surrender before the rest of the rabble breaks out their encirclement.

8Vytk.jpg

They took less time than I expected to relieve Tomsk, but this is no major setback. We will still win the battle of Tomsk even if its greatest strategic objective was not successful, and from there find other opportunities to encircle the Russian forces. One of my generals died valiantly in battle. He shall not be forgotten in the annals of the history of the Mongol Empire.

jcDFJ.jpg

I expected no less from my men when facing such pathetic warriors. The horde shall be relentless in its mission to crush the Russian lines at the north, which terrain greatly favors even small forces at successfully defending conquests.

The part of the horde stationed at Ulaanbaatar also has been busy. Bravely they had no doubts on my order and launched an offensive at 1:1 odds against Chinese forces holding out the only place form where supplies could reach a large part of the Qing forces stationed at Siberia. Pocketing them will greatly help with the ultimate demise of the Qing Empire and thus victory is of essence.

jdK7d.jpg

Once again, it is proven that when defending against superiorly trained and equipped armies, inferior drafted scum has no chances. The pocket will be closed at Siberia, and then rapidly the victorious division shall be redeployed back to Ulaanbaatar to ensure it will not fall in enemy hands.

kTNui.jpg

My enemies once again try to disrupt the Horde. But they will fail, as they have failed all along the war.

U1JJY.jpg

The region northwest of Tomsk is a perfect new spot to be encircled, once the Horde is ready for further offensives. I must however be vigilant at the south. Massive rebellions are springing against the Russians from our Altaic brothers and form the Cossacks, and this could be very advantageous for the Mongol Empire.

M1X75.jpg

The Russians and the Qing proudly believe they are on the eve of victory against the great Mongol Empire. Fools, they have no idea of how much I still can bide my time and let their armies stretch out more and more before their occupations start to truly harm my Empire. But I cannot let the Qing get any further advance to the west, for it would endanger the front lines. Thus a small Mongol force currently on a feigned retreat will soon strike back, and harshly.

N9r6W.jpg

The Russians lost control of their own front lines to poorly equipped and armed Altaic rebels in the middle of a war. Their incompetence never fails to impress me. I can only commend the Altaic brothers for their resistance and indirect support to the Mongol Empire, and I will not leave them to face the Russians attacking them from Pavlodar alone when I could severely disrupt their front instead.

roDvS.jpg

Surely, the fact those two Russian divisions were flanked has something to do with it, but still, an army must be truly pathetic to falter against an offensive by a force that is only half of theirs in numbers, proving once again it is just a big house of cards on the sand.

HEGkl.jpg

The pocket is closed, even if the maintenance of this pocket is precarious unless the Japanese support me in this very strategically important endeavor, and Ulaanbaatar is safe. Considering the situation at large, the importance of this pocket is far greater than it may appear to be right now.

N31wb.jpg

How proud I am of the Horde! Even against numerically superior defenders they are winning and gaining ground from how superior they are. Truly my geniality of combining cavalry with armored cars was without precedent. Combined with the natural superiority of the Mongol warrior, now even further bolstered by the Gurkhas, it is no surprise this victory happened.

8P2P7.jpg

Instead of moving towards the most important and undefended part of the pocket, I ordered the small force at Ulaanbaatar to attack the enemy division moving to relieve the pocketed Chinese forces, confident in the superiority of my men.

k7ePW.jpg

Not only Pavlodar was a great victory, but there will be no need of occupying it immediately. Those rebels will be incredibly convenient for an encirclement over this region. Now these events have defined clearly where the Horde must concentrate for a crushing victory, and this time there won't be any relief like in Tomsk!

H1TFT.jpg

This couldn't be better! The Russian front is now at a precarious situation for my enemies! We will seize this opportunity and show to the Russians what happens to those who dare to demand territory from the Khanate!

uBpoF.jpg

It is about time to start pushing the Qing back! With the recent growth of the Horde to nearly twice as big as it was, I can now start taking back the rightful Mongol land from Pu-Yi, the pathetic lapdog of Germany.

5qH2d.jpg

The dangerous advance of the Qing further to the west was contained. I now must focus my thoughts and plans on a decisive victory on the Russian front that will forever crush many of their divisions.

cOHsN.jpg

No matter how much glorious Mongol Cavalry has proven its might over and over, I must be up with the times, and now that we have reasonably fast tanks to not do something ridiculous like slowing down infantry divisions, the horde will grow with infantry forces with a very strong contingent of armored vehicles and light tanks as well.

HiAyn.jpg

The industries of the Mongol Empire are also being greatly enhanced, to allow for more weapons to be manufactured with less as their efficiency shall expand, and to increase the prosperity of Mongolia as well. The Qing lost another battle and their demise is now only a matter of time.

8CrDb.jpg

Everything is set for the final step in the encirclement of many Russian divisions. And this time it will be much faster thanks to the bravery of the Mongol HQ division and its cavalry, which in spite of lacking firepower, will bravely hold their ground at Barabinsk for a decisive and devastating offensive to crush the stranded Russian forces.

gOMy7.jpg

Another predictable victory! The Russians and Chinese were thinking victory was just a matter of time for them. How foolish and proud! They will see now what kind of "victory" await them.

PsQIM.jpg

Five Russian divisions shall meet their doom! If I keep up delivering this degree of losses and speed up to five divisions per month, I'll soon be personally marching to Moscow! DEMAND TERRITORY FROM MONGOLIA NOW RUSSIAN SCUM!

Looks like one of the partisan forces was defeated. No matter, it is this time a temporary setback and with reinforcements coming to the defense of Barabinks, soon I will correct it.

DuzV7.jpg

For the Horde's Mobile HQ will seize it themselves and encircle the stranded Russians before they have a chance to retreat!

EgxbV.jpg

The first truly great strategic victory of this war is drawing near. It will be only one of many that shall utterly destroy the Russian army, like a very big house of cards on the sand being toppled.

zfyD5.jpg

The stranded Russian forces try one desperate last attempt to break the pocket. Too late. I have my victory at hand!

QT6By.jpg

Cavalry remains important for the Horde even now, but with motorcycles AND horses instead of only horses, Mongol Hordes will truly be feared!

9DkcC.jpg

Victory! The Russian Army has suffered a great loss today! And that is not the only success over this challenging war I face now in two fronts.

jorNH.jpg

Because thanks to the recent expansion of the Horde and to Japanese support, the front lines have been fully stabilized and I have no longer to worry about my enemies making inroads through undefended territory, for there is no longer any undefended territory.

genghis-khan.gif

IN THE MEMORY OF TEMUJIN, WE SHALL RIDE TO EUROPE AND CRUSH THE QING EMPIRE, AT THE SAME TIME!

marooned

Liturgist
If I keep up delivering this degree of losses and speed up to five divisions per month, I'll soon be personally marching to Moscow!

Looking forward to it.

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom