Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play ironman Rogue Survivor

Multi-headed Cow

ALRIGHT BROS, Rogue Survivor. Zombie apocalypse survival roguelike. Been a few years since I fucked with doing a let's play so it's time bore the shit out of other people for my own amusement. Instead of just railroading through the whole thing I was informed over The Steams I should take breaks and get forum involvement in deciding where to go/what to do, so let's see how that goes. Steam apparently doesn't care for Rogue Suvivor so there are tons of chat and screenshot popup crumbs in the lower right.
Here's a link if you want to play this here videogame yourself so you don't have to suffer through my words.
http://roguesurvivor.blogspot.com/

7152592317D3F56D7225FEB21B0C9BC941E781F7

Here's the starting situation, a dark and stormy night no less. Donovan Ford, FEARLESS SURVIVOR, waking up in a bed in a house during the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. First skill picked for this game is leadership, since this will allow me to recruit a companion before the shit hits the fan too much. Having someone to keep watch while you sleep is useful. Also of note, the stats in the upper right. Lose hitpoints and you die. Stamina is burned up swinging in melee and can be used to run which gives you faster movement actions per turn. Food meter since you can starve. Sleep meter since you need to sleep during the grim zombie apocalypse. And finally infection, since we're playing on an alternate game mode where you and all NPCs can become infected without outright dying, and dead survivors can rise as zombies if infected.

D00C29C263D6C17D433AB7BD31825882BE9E8E49

Since Alicia Carpenter happens to be with us in this starting room, we recruit her to join us. Everyone needs a post apocalyptic waifu. She has the necrology skill which gives her bonus damage against zombies and destroying survivor corpses so they don't raise. She loots the gun off the table, but with no extra ammo for it it isn't really a big deal.

F2A179FF997C04F4CFB3D3C32A455FD918480ABC

Just as our fearless hero begins his adventure, we hear screams of terror to the east! Since we've already got a companion, don't have a weapon, and this is the beginning so we shouldn't be desperate to loot dead bodies, there's no goddamn reason to put ourselves in danger for some other shithead. Donovan nobly heads to the west, safe in the knowledge that he's doing the right thing.

43107B1A2DB553D5B42D4FB226831AAB81A4F58E

And there's a goddamn zombie to the west as well! Some random woman is in the street and Alicia climbed out the window after us and apparently took a shot at a zombie we can't yet see. I'm rather more interested in entering this house to the west and looting those groceries before someone else does. Groceries are perishable in Rogue Survivor, so chowing down on them before they spoil while saving your canned food for later is a good idea. There's also a basement in this house which can occasionally have useful loot in them.

77A3CF7A2B808CD9D95E5E1D9F97F88B2660B3E6

Basement was a bust. Single undead rat, 3 beds, and a couple piles of shit we could break apart for wood planks to build barricades. A place like this would be useful for staying the night since it's somewhat out of the way and sheltered, but since zombies can smell you that isn't always enough. Still, beds will let you slowly heal while sleeping and if you wanted to make a REAL safehouse you could build barricades around the stairs in the hope that the sound of zombies bashing them down would wake you up.

86B8A9C0233837BD711A67A7A14B58FD08F36C73

In the house to the north, we find a hunter vest! Adds a tiny amount of armor, but every little bit helps. There's also a cell phone on the drawer nearby which isn't really worth grabbing. If you have two cell phones you can give one to a companion and keep one yourself to receive messages over any distance and to have your companion marked on your map. Inventory is precious in Rogue Survivor (Note the total of 7 slots on Donovan, which can be expanded by perks via leveling up) so cell phones are shit unless you send companions off on missions by themselves often. Since Donovan just has his waifu we'll likely stick together.

8E98AEA6602F545CA794C74526FFDA89C3E83D6D

We hit the motherload of food in one of the houses, grabbing a bag of groceries and 3 cans of food, and Alicia grabbing a bag of groceries and a few cans herself. We also find a second revolver and loot it, though without ammo those 6 shots won't do us much good. While exploring the basement of a new house, a new day dawns. Instead of having a regular XP system for leveling up, Rogue Survivor gives you a level every day you survive. So there's no direct benefit to killing every zombie you meet, and it can be more beneficial to engage in rat diplomacy and running to hang on to your resources. Every time you level up you get a selection of 5 random perks/skills to increase. Out of the choices available to Donovan this time around I snag hauler. Inventory space is always valuable, even more than bonus zombie damage or more restful sleep. At the same time Alicia gets a level, and as she's a follower I get to choose her perk as well. I give her a second rank of necrology. She goddamn HATES zombies.
There are also a couple survivors in here with us. Survivors will wander around the game world, fighting/running from danger and looting much like the PC. If they get desperate enough they can attack other survivors. It's not Rogue Survivor if a starving woman isn't shooting at you for your cans of beans. There's also a basic justice/bounty system where it's possible for characters to be known as murderers and police NPCs in particular will attack if they successfully identify you. There are also roving bike gangs who will kill anyone and everyone, the machete wielding rape gangs of Rogue Survivor. Cleve was right!

E5BBFB97704FA159761F2678FF785B3762ADF9C8

With the sun rising and the rain calming we've got more line of sight outside. The large building to the south has a boarded up window, and there are still those 3 buildings to the east we haven't checked out. Here's a picture of the city map.
dcuzk.jpg

We're in C2, right smack dab in the middle. We border C1, B2, D2, and C3. Also for your information green district is parks/grassy/typically a whole lot of fenced off green openness. Should we head to an adjacent district, or the police station or hospital as those clearly won't be dangerous in a zombie apocalypse, or check out the rest of this district and the boarded up building? Guide Donovan to his destiny!

desocupado

Magister
Check the police station, guns there.

Also, does this game have an objective? You can finish it, or it's just "survive as long as possilbe"?

Multi-headed Cow

Without spoiling SHOCKING DEVELOPMENTS before they happen (if they happen) there are "Achievements" which work as objectives, but it's mainly survive as long as possible. Note the score ticking up in the lower righthand corner, each achievement is worth 1000 points if you manage to do it. There's no way to stop the zombie apocalypse or win as such, but there is a suuuuuper light piece of story (Developer intends to add more later) which could be considered a win since it's difficult to accomplish.

All of 6 hours passed in the game through that post and Donovan is getting near hungry and sleepy. We'll probably be doing pretty well making it a few days in. Rogue Survivor usually ends quickly and poorly for me, but maybe the hivemind will steer Donovan to success better than I could.

pipka

Savant
Go for the Lab(?), the security kinda conspiratory place. It has everything: meds, food, weapons and armor. Somewhat tough enemies.
Check the warehouses for supplies. Wait for military and stick to them.

lightbane

Arcane
The Lab. PErhaps we will be to steal some of Albert Wesker's spare sunglasses.

Lindblum

Augur
Most dangerous place is the most safest.
Hospital! Wow been a year since I played this looking forward to see how far you get.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Thx for this LP. I always died by being shot as i could outrun&gun everything else. Maybe you should have turned off npc starving. Then again i only made it to day #4.

Multi-headed Cow

With 3 votes for police station, 2 for lab (Which we haven't found yet you jerks!), and 2 for hospital Donovan sets off to the cop shop with the intent for some casual looting en route.

068443170C84B1F34529F213C5D43A28C6F2E4DC

Donovan isn't too encouraged by his first glance at the buildings in the business district on the way to the police station. Deciding that discretion is the better part of valor he avoids the intimidating buildings, at least until he has more than 6 shots for his revolver.

D229803B3A72A650398C205FF16020C70F952908

Our first sighting of the undead! Just a skeleton, an extremely slow and weak enemy. So weak in fact we put our revolver away and equip a shovel for more melee damage. Odds are we won't take much damage if any at all.
B5CBED968A84B48B33F04338DB528BEDE07394E6

And sure enough, in one swing of the shovel the skeleton is smashed. Trust is gained with Alicia by killing a shared enemy and slowly builds over time. With enough trust she'll follow orders instead of just following us around, so we can have her guard areas, drop items, etc.
Donovan and Alicia head north and leave the business district. Every building they pass is red and black and ominous like all the others. Two more skeletons show up and are dealt with easily. Entering district C0, the location of the police station!

03CBC9F7A1008D1B2D1AC90EB0AB4FCD5ACEDD61

Weapons! Admittedly just a couple crossbows, but more ranged weapons and ammo is nice. Donovan eats a bag of groceries and drops his revolver to make room and loots both crossbows (Giving one to Alicia) and the rest of the bolts. The grenades are considered but left behind due to inventory space. Checking out the basement of the first house in C0 was clearly worth it!

CE4DAE62712E005A810251E06F1D2D6C447C67C4

Alicia and the other woman who was in this basement both decide to go to sleep, and Donovan is also getting mighty tired. However, paranoia sets in and HE'LL BE DAMNED IF EVERYONE IS GOING TO SLEEP AT ONCE IN AN UNGUARDED BASEMENT! He sets off to smash apart some of the furniture and build some basic barricades around the stairs. Somewhat fortunately the two women can't sleep with the sound of Donovan hitting furniture with a shovel, so he heads upstairs with Alicia and his furniture chunks and boards up all the doors and windows lightly. They won't keep determined zombies or survivors out for long, but the noise of the barricades being busted should hopefully wake at least one of us up.

74D9BC62B0AECD562760295E616255C1030B774C

Donovan and Alicia slept like babies! Barricades are still all in fine shape and all is well. It's possible that the rain is masking our scent and keeping the zombies from stalking us. It's now time to find the police station! We remove the barricade on the east door and head out, leaving the other barricades up. Might not be a bad idea to have a slightly fortified room available.

2F574871B2F3F85F24F9A1ED00522F6F95C80B15

After a quick run around the district (This area seems particularly full of people, and possibly at least one murderer after hearing someone shout "BASTARD! TRAITOR!") we find the police station, with... A bear trap in the doorway. Unfortunately Donovan Ford is incapable of poking at the trap with a stick, so his only options are to avoid the entire reason he came here, or step on the tile and hope he successfully avoids the trap. Suddenly being possessed by the spirit of RPGs, Donovan fearlessly risks his legs to accomplish his quest!

A572908FCFA597393A52A38C690F1E6BEBFD6936

OH MY FUCKING GOD THE PAIN IS EXCRUCIATING JESUS SOMEBODY KILL ME AND PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY. After Donovan loses half his health, the police station is free to for plundering!

E517D36B0EE4137FC94D1791265C627B28DBD3F7

We pass a civilian and a police officer on our way to the first storage room. The civilian leaving the building, the police officer seemingly standing guard. The first storage room has a few flashlights (Can increase LOS in dark places, such as this unlit basement), two boxes of pistol bullets, a box of shotgun shells, two truncheons, and riot armor! Being the gentleman he is, Donovan gives Alicia the weaker hunter's vest and takes the riot armor himself. We also convince Alicia to ditch her cell phone in place of a box of pistol rounds.
The next storage room has another suit of riot armor, a police vest, more pistol and shotgun ammo, more flashlights, and a few police radios which will show police on the minimap. We replace Alicia's vest with riot armor, but she decides to sleep in the storage room. Why? Damned if I know, she was fully rested back at the house. Donovan's hunger and sleep meters are getting near borderline so maybe she was a bit lower. While waiting for her to wake back up another day passes and Donovan levels up! Donovan takes a level of firearms, increasing accuracy and damage with guns. Once Alicia wakes up Donovan will take the empty revolver and all the pistol ammo and give her the crossbow bolts. Alicia takes the "Awake" perk, which increases her maximum sleep reserves and increases the rate she gets rest from sleep.
In the final storage room we find the usual armor, uniforms, flashlights, truncheons, and finally A SHOTGUN! Much closer range than the revolver, but is extremely accurate at that range and does a whopping 30 damage. Inventory space is so tight we can't reasonably carry both the revolver and shotgun, so we leave the revolver and pistol ammo behind. Surely with riot armor we can stand to be closer to the enemy in a fight. This is the best decision. Donovan currently has a shotgun with 5 shells in it, and 3 boxes of 10 shells each spare.

0C876F4BF76CC4C86DC73C386156B02E71D28530

We head down to the bottom floor of the police station, the jails. Every cell has a hungry person in it locked inside, there was apparently an outbreak of looting and rioting just before the zombie apocalypse. In the very final cell on the end we find a wild red haired person named "The Prisoner Who Should Not Be".

Rx8Zy.jpg

Open the cells and release the prisoner for the location of a secret facility, eh. What do you think Codex? Release the prisoner, or leave him to rot in his prison cell and do something else? And if we leave him, should we head to the hospital, or should we work on barricading a building/room and making a safehouse, or continue randomly exploring? And if we free him, should we head to this CHAR facility if he gives us the location? He obviously didn't want to be there. Thus far the undead haven't seemed too dangerous, and we've yet to bump into a hostile survivor.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
MOAR!

Will letting him out make you an enemy of the fuzz? If not, let him out.

What I suspect will happen is that all of those other dudes will get let out too.

How many buddies can you have? Can you create an army?

I gotta go get this game.

I guess the police officer standing guard upstairs will be pissed if you start to free prisoners, but...that's the price of getting the plot going. And I bet Wiggum didn't think of getting a shottie for himself, unlike DONOVAN FORD.

So yeah, release Chucky.

ChuckieFinsterImage.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Right, gonna get started on the next update then. I'll count that as 3 release votes (Won't make us hostile to the police, only murder or wearing raider/gang armor can do that) against 1 cautious vote. Clearly "The Prisoner Who Should Not Be" is just short for "The Prisoner Who Should Not Be In Prison Please Release Him If You Would Good Sir".

How many buddies can you have? Can you create an army?
Number of buddies is limited to the rank of your leadership skill/perk. Basically all skills can have multiple ranks, but you can only increase them during a level up if that particular option is listed in your random choice of 5. Also can get more difficult to manage with more people since everyone needs sleep and food, if you wanted to try that way you'd likely use the orders system more often which isn't something I've dicked with much. Maybe I should try giving Alicia some orders for the sake of the LP. But what if something goes wrong! Don't have a pair of cell phones to keep in contact!

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
You should send the Prisoner off on a task instead. Can't have anything happen to your lady-friend.

Also, following. Be sure to die in a blaze of glory.

Multi-headed Cow

Donovan's curiosity gets the better of him, and he is moved to open the cells. Even with a bear trap-mangled leg, he's got a shotgun and riot armor and is backed up by Alicia in riot armor with a crossbow. What could this unarmed ginger do? *Cue mood music*

JWYfm.jpg

55D0AF8C2A5ABADC0149EB38CCE4D6100038A06B

Well, shit. He's morphed into a "Zombie prince" and has sprouted tentacles. He also has 240 (!) HP and does 16 damage. With his riot armor, Donovan should be able to withstand... Two hits. A prisoner named Orlando Lee is blocking one escape tile, Alicia is blocking the other. Unfortunately for Alicia, Donovan is overwhelmed with a sense of self preservation and swaps tiles with her as it's only possible to do so with companions.

8BA80F0B3809952E9A605AA45D6BA5A762833E3D

First round of combat, Donovan takes 4 damage when James Bent, a starving survivor punches him. Alicia's riot armor is broken in one hit by the zombie prince and she takes 5 damage. In essence Donovan has a multi-headed dickbeast slowly advancing to his right, and the exit is blocked by starving prisoners, some of whom are attacking him for his food to his left. Donovan could attempt to sprint past the prisoners to the exit, but he would have at least 2 moves adjacent to James Bent. And that's ignoring the possibility of more hostile prisoners down the hall. The zombie prince has to advance a tile to attack, so Donovan takes a calculated risk and fires his shotgun at James.
Next turn of combat, Donovan shoots James for 24 damage, leaving him with 6HP. James punches Alicia for 7 damage leaving her with 16HP. Alicia misses James. Zombie prince moves one square left. Clearly Donovan's only choice in this situation is run one space left, as he sure as hell doesn't want to take his chances against the zombie. Alicia may not be making it out of this one.
Next turn, Donovan moves a space left and nobody else moves. The advantage of using stamina for running speed!

1E8C4C9F280242060379BBD9DE1FA4999E74D763

Next turn, Donovan shoots James bent and kills him, Alicia moves left, and a prisoner named Lindsay Reeves charges at the zombie prince and attacks it. This is either due to the fact that The Prisoner Who Should Not Be had some military rations and dropped them when he changed and she's trying to fight through the zombie to get them, or a multi-headed dickbeast is less intimidating than DONOVAN FORD, POST APOCALYPSE MASTER. Donovan chooses to believe the latter, and continues running for the exit.

22BF844B50367F9AD2CE8C3A4F4AB4FDA210946A

En route to the stairs, Donovan notices a cop has come down from above. He's also wearing riot armor and has a shotgun. Perhaps... Perhaps running from the police station and pretending this never happened isn't the best idea? Perhaps he should try to aid Jarvis in fighting the zombie prince? Nuts to that. You don't have to be faster than the hideous betentacled nightmare creature from the eldritch dimensions, you just have to be faster than Jarvis Ulrich.

ADE09AC9098689273C9764A0DA1B16EC0709D8E2

I'm not sure that will do much good Alicia, but I appreciate the sentiment. Also sounds like things aren't going so well for Lindsay back there.

A5A3C9DA72D33DC4BA0D8DDD225E026DBDDBE2BE

Great, someone else who wants to fight me for my cans of dog food. And once again the other prisoners are lined up in such a way as to put me in danger, instead of obligingly blocking enemies from me. Donovan moves one square to the upper left.

D9A7481C7A4FDE45BEC2A85996BE27BE48B69033

And now some woman is attacking me for food as well! Hopefully Jarvis will buy us some time with the zombie prince, Donovan's going to have to keep working his trenchbroom to stay out of heavan. Donovan moves a square to the lower right and orders Alicia to balls to the wall attack. Both hostile prisoners move a square to the right. Jarvis can be seen to the right, currently undamaged and panicked and fleeing. Bastard didn't even fire his shotgun once. This also probably means the zombie prince is at most two squares to the right of Jarvis, which is uncomfortably close to us. Donovan runs one square down, into the entrance of a cell. This is slightly dangerous, but will hopefully prevent both prisoners from attacking him at once since the top one HOPEFULLY will go for Alicia.
Next turn of combat, Donovan shoots Norman Patterson (The hostile man) for 28 damage, leaving him 2HP. Norman misses Alicia. Dana Forrester (The hostile woman) punches Alicia for 8 damage, leaving her 8HP. Alicia misses Dana.
Next turn, Donovan shoots and cools Norman. Dana Forrester punches and kills Alicia, leaving Donovan all alone. *Mood music* Jarvis is possessed by the spirits of Oblivion and shoots Dana for 21 damage, and somehow stops himself from shouting "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM".
Next turn, Donovan's shotgun jams. Jarvis shoots and kills Dana. Angela Stevens, a new prisoner, moves to where Norman's corpse is, blocking Donovan's diagonal escape. Donovan reloads his shotgun and steps outside as Angela runs to Alicia's corpse and begins looting it.
Continuing to run toward the exit, Donovan is attacked by prisoner Cherie Brown. If only these goddamn cops fed their prisoners!

FEB2A374D7A6AD940E5A5B3B1964F6D09CE25B8C

Things look grim. With 2HP left, Donovan is almost done for. Zombie prince on one side, hostile prisoner on the other. If he fired at Cherie, the zombie prince would almost positively kill him. His only hope is to run to the open jail cell beneath Cherie, and hope that his running speed grants him a free move, or she misses her attack.

D544DE272903AFD9CBDFCFFA72D6B6F0F9F95BBA

Cherie doesn't get an attack! Angela shoots the zombie prince with the crossbow looted from Alicia, and Lindsay punches it! Everything is roses from here on out!

rFswD.jpg

Well... Fuck. Somehow at point blank range, with the shotgun, with a rank of firearms, Donovan Ford MASTER OF THE APOCALYPSE misses. Cherie Brown kills him, and he floats off to join Alicia in the afterlife. Yet Another Stupid Death, in true roguelike fashion.

ROGUE SURVIVOR alpha 8
POST MORTEM
Donovan Ford was a man and a civilian.
He survived to see day 1 hour 15.
Donovan Ford's spirit guided him for 03 hours 06 minutes 15 seconds.

> SCORING
He scored a total of 2390 points.
- difficulty rating of 100%.
- 2350 base points for survival.
- 40 base points for kills.
- 0 base points for achievements.

> ACHIEVEMENTS
- Fail : Did not reach XXX.
- Fail : Did not broke into XXX.
- Fail : Did not found XXX.
- Fail : Did not XXX the XXX.
- Fail : Did not kill the XXX.
Didn't achieve anything notable. And then died.
(unlock all the 8 achievements to win this game version)

> DEATH
Murdered by woman Cherie Brown in Police Station - Jails at jail@9-4.

> KILLS
2 zombie rats.
3 skeletons.
2 men.

> FUN FACTS!
While Donovan Ford has died, others are still having fun!
- Oldest Livings Surviving
1st day 0 hour 00 - Michelle Kennedy, a woman - District@C0.
2nd day 0 hour 00 - Alison Hewlett, a woman - District@C0.
- Oldest Undeads Rotting Around
1st day 0 hour 00 - zombie rat237, a zombie rat - Sewers@2-0.
2nd day 0 hour 00 - shambler122, a dark-eyed shamber - Sewers@2-0.
- Deadliest Livings Kicking ass
1st 16 - Kathleen Collins, a woman - Sewers@2-0.
2nd 7 - Cop Mitch McGready, a policeman - District@C0.
- Deadliest Undeads Chewing Brains
1st 1 - Keith Lee's zombie, a zombiefied man - Sewers@2-0.
2nd 1 - shambler122, a dark-eyed shamber - Sewers@2-0.
- Most Murderous Murderer Murdering
1st 1 - Cop Stuart Steward, a policeman - District@C0.

> SKILLS
1-Leadership.
1-Hauler.
1-Firearms.

> INVENTORY
- 3 canned food.
- some groceries.
- a shovel.
- an anti-riot armor (equipped).
- a shotgun (2/5) (equipped).
- 6 shotgun shells.
- 10 shotgun shells.
- 10 shotgun shells.

> FOLLOWERS
He was doing fine alone. Or everyone else was dead.

> EVENTS
- day 0 hour 00 : Woke up in Residential District@C2.
- day 0 hour 00 : Recruited Alicia Carpenter.
- day 0 hour 00 : Sighted first woman.
- day 0 hour 01 : Visited basement22@6-43.
- day 0 hour 01 : Sighted first zombie rat.
- day 0 hour 01 : Killed first zombie rat.
- day 0 hour 04 : Visited basement22@25-8.
- day 0 hour 05 : Sighted first man.
- day 0 hour 06 : (YOU) Donovan Ford learned skill Hauler.
- day 0 hour 06 : Alicia Carpenter improved skill Necrology to level 2.
- day 0 hour 06 : The weather changed to Rain.
- day 0 hour 06 : <Loaded game>
- day 0 hour 06 : Entered district Business District@C1.
- day 0 hour 06 : Visited Business District@C1.
- day 0 hour 08 : Sighted first skeleton.
- day 0 hour 08 : Killed first skeleton.
- day 0 hour 09 : Sighted first shambler.
- day 0 hour 09 : Entered district District@C0.
- day 0 hour 09 : Visited District@C0.
- day 0 hour 09 : Visited basement20@7-39.
- day 0 hour 20 : Sighted first policeman.
- day 1 hour 00 : Visited Police Station - Offices.
- day 1 hour 06 : (YOU) Donovan Ford learned skill Firearms.
- day 1 hour 06 : Alicia Carpenter learned skill Awake.
- day 1 hour 13 : Visited Police Station - Jails.
- day 1 hour 14 : The Prisoner Who Should Not Be offered a deal.
- day 1 hour 14 : <Loaded game>
- day 1 hour 14 : Freed The Prisoner Who Should Not Be.
- day 1 hour 14 : Learned the location of the CHAR Underground Facility.
- day 1 hour 14 : The Prisoner Who Should Not Be turned into a zombie prince!
- day 1 hour 14 : Sighted first zombie prince.
- day 1 hour 14 : Killed first man.
- day 1 hour 14 : Follower Alicia Carpenter was killed by woman Dana Forrester!
- day 1 hour 15 : Died.

> CUSTOM OPTIONS
- difficulty rating of 100%.

> R.I.P
May his soul rest in peace.
For his body is now a meal for evil.
The End.

0D330F2F0B9B65B79C9E9DF1212781C8FEF4D532

But what is this!? Yes, Rogue Survivor gives you a second chance, if you want it. Including playing as your zombified corpse if you were infected when you died. Since I can't save here, I take control of Cherie.

B5E92B0A4F028E8C7426255735DD002CB270BE4C

Things are looking grim for Cherie. Should the adventure end here? Should Cherie try to escape the police station, hoping that none of the cops shoot her for being a murderer? Should she try to collect that dead guy's loot, even with the hideous monster advancing down the hallway? IT'S IN YOUR HANDS, CODEX! GUIDE CHERIE BROWN TO HER DESTINY!

1107charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

With 2HP she's probably toast, though. And if I remember correctly you only get one bodyswap, so this is looking like a pretty goddamn short LP unless you bros want me to roll up a new character after this.

Hahaha, fuck. Didn't realize pushing the button would open ALL the cells. If you didn't have the retards blocking your way, you could have easily escaped in case Chucky tried something funny.

Cherie should run for a minuscule chance of living on, but I don't think you'll make it out of the station. Of course you should roll another guy, you were just done explaining the mechanics!

Also...why is Cop Stuart Steward the most murderous murdering? I thought cops were there to kill murderers, unless murdering murderers makes them murderers too...
emot-psyduck.gif

Multi-headed Cow

Also...why is Cop Stuart Steward the most murderous murdering? I thought cops were there to kill murderers, unless murdering murderers makes them murderers too...
emot-psyduck.gif

I'm not sure how that happened. Killing murderers and killing other humans in self defense doesn't count as a murder if I remember right. Well, self defense obviously doesn't count since Donovan didn't have a murdercount after blasting a few prisoners, but Cherie does for killing our hero. Also thought cops wouldn't turn hostile for food and items, as evidenced by Jarvis having a yellow H for hunger and not attacking. Then again not all hungry people aggro for food, so there might be a random chance or basic personality roll going on in the background. Maybe Stuart's just a bad dude.

I guess one bright side of Donovan dying is that SUPPOSEDLY a new version of Rogue Survivor is due any day now, which looks like it's going to introduce a sanity system. The developer said "A week or so hopefully. Depends on RL. And by RL I don't mean Rogue-Like but Real Life ^^" on the 22nd of March. He hasn't posted any info on what's in the next version except for this one screenshot.
screenshot_018.png

SAN! :bounce:
And some ominous book. Surely the necronomicon! SURELY!

Multi-headed Cow

Well surprisingly enough decided to do a quick play with Cherie to see if she would even make it out of the police station, and here are the results thus far.

Even though that food is tempting, Cherie must run. If she was to move down to pick up food, by the time she picked the food up her escape route would be blocked.

54079BC8FB6CDD5ADC67944331E59DD95925E154

Although she hasn't got food, Cherie manages to grab the crossbow dropped by Donovan in the first storage room, as well as a police jacket. Not only does the police jacket provide minor protection, helps in avoiding unwanted popo attention! After this brief bit of looting, she flees to the surface.

5F4AA342F691B132551B54C331A937F81DABBC7F

Things aren't sunshine and roses on the surface. A corpse is lying in the street just outside, and stands up as soon as Cherie exits the building. Cherie glances at the two survivors, the policeman has a single can of food, the civilian has none. Not worth risking taking on in her current state. But maybe Michael Finch could get things started... Cherie waits to see what happens. Stuart Steward (A strangely familiar name) easily takes care of the zombie with his shotgun. He still has 3 shells left. Still not worth attempting.

72D603D80B1E19CC6569A38786E94B1B2A053666

More cops and survivors. Cherie's feeling better and better about grabbing that police jacket before leaving. Still, her stomach is rumbling something fierce. Michelle Kennedy, the sickly woman nearby, is carrying two cans of food. She also is only using an improvised club for a weapon and has 10HP. Hunting crossbow does 20 damage. Cherie likes these odds. If only Indy McGready and Tanya Vance weren't standing nearby with their judging eyes, but patience. Patience. Cherie stalks her prey.

520C131129FE6D72C8F575A79A4B068CB14F7776

Time passes, but finally Cherie has a moment where she's unseen with Michelle. Zombies have been showing up and chasing survivors around, so there's a chance if she doesn't strike now she'll lose the moment if anyone else moves closer. Zombies naturally know all about killing people for food and won't give a damn.

700D5DCE45FAF2D658A9EE47BEEE93082850A44B

The crossbow does the job admirably. Cherie is going to survive no matter what the cost! She grabs the two cans of food and takes off running.

AA6E4A7993950E6C3B87C148664D946B91528C5F

Cherie discovers a partially barricaded room, and quickly picks up an improvised club which she uses to smash apart a dresser to board up the door she entered. She desperately needs a break, so now it's finally time to eat the spoils of her efforts and get some sleep. An unlikely success story considering she was locked in a jail cell during the zombie outbreak, but things are looking up!

09497AADC0C88D23BAE89D1CA2F12379313D3348

Unfortunately, those two cans of food don't last you very long, and hunger wakes you up before you get a decent sleep. Looks as though you'll be heading back out there not much better off than how you arrived. But at least you've got a flashlight and are feeling SLIGHTLY better.
What say you, brodex? She's tired, hungry, and almost dead. Try to check out the other buildings in this district, or move on to a different district? Finding un-looted goods seems unlikely given the number of people moving around here, but that also could buy Cherie some safety from the undead. And there could be another Michelle out there. Sickly, with no ranged weapon, and a backpack full of food.

Dry Hump

Novice
Even though this game (AND YOU) are terrible, you should probably move out of the district. Think of all the barely armed ladies you can find and kill for virtually no gain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom