Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Hard Nova.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Lara Croft is kawaii.

Cool name

Arcane
@ alkeides: What Azira did say. English is not a language I do enjoy to use. I do like neither the sound nor the flow, nor the structure. I did try a few things to give it a sound, flow, and structure similar to formal Japanese and formal Korean but it did not work. Yet I did decide to keep that part until a better quirk did occur to me so that at least I do not bore myself.

@ abnaxus: Is that character Lara Croft? I did not notice. :?

@ lightbane: She is not uncaring at all. She does care about many things. Important things. She does care about fashion, for example. About her hair, too. And about make up.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Clearly you need to learn danish then, Kuroneko-chan. Once you've gotten used to danish, english won't sound so bad after all :P

Cool name

Arcane
@ Ulminati: Do you have at hand a readying of danish poetry or similar? I am not familiar with the language to be honest. :(
VIII. Nova Sue.

Nova does shoot her way through the reinforcements without further complication. Back on the ship she does get a contraband run from Mastassini to Rouyn before she does go there. One of the first things they do see in the area is one of those strange probes.

AL%20001699.png

She does try to dock with it but the ships are conveniently not compatible. She does continue to Rouyn, the planet now, instead. She does drop the cargo before she does go to the main colony. A small swarm of probes does around the area. They do not try to attack her hovercraft.

AL%20001703.png

AL%20001706.png

AL%20001708.png

She does visit the arms vendor first. I do not know where did the million credits come from. The last time I did check my credits I did have no more than a hundred and fifty thousand credits.

nova.png
Perhaps an anonymous donation by an uncle fan.

We do move to speak with one of the locals.

AL%20001710.png

AL%20001711.png

nova.png
Is there something you can tell me about the strange ships out there?

miner.png
Nothing I didn't tell the foreman. We've all told him what we know. Go talk to him.

He turns back to what he was doing.

nova.png
Truly a helpful fellow.

It is not easy to find the foreman as he did not receive his own portrait. It does take me a while.

AL%20001715.png

AL%20001716.png

nova.png
Do please tell me what did happen here.

miner.png
They came a few days ago. It took us awhile to figure out what they were, 'cause they kept blasting us with electromagnetic pulses, frying all of our equipment.

nova.png
I do asume by 'they' you do mean the strange little ships.

miner.png
They're small, alien ships. We shielded a transport enough to get close and managed to bring one down. It was built for two beings, but it was empty, like a probe or something.

nova.png
If they are indeed probes this is but a prelude.

miner.png
We don't know what they want - and we can't trace where they came from - our gear isn't shielded enough to take their pulses. But we do know who sent the little buggers.

nova.png
Do enlighten me.

miner.png
The Desiree Labs, obviously.

nova.png
May I ask what does make you believe so?

miner.png
Who else could do it? Those witches are the only ones who could suddenly invade a system with small, unmanned spaceships. And they're the only ones who'd want to.

nova.png
And why is it that they would want to?

miner.png
How the hell should I know?! They're crazy scientists!

nova.png
I can't but say I do see the reasons that did guide your career choice.

miner.png
Go ask them for yourself. But do it fast, or we're gonna go into the red so far we'll never climb out again.

nova.png
That would break my heart. Where do you believe I should begin my investigation?

miner.png
I don't know. I think I heard once that there's a base on Tikorr, but I don't know where exactly. I'm not even sure they're on Tikorr at all.

nova.png
It does reasure me to see your suspicions so very informed.

miner.png
There might be a viewer disk about the Desiree in the library. There's a mag card for the library lying around here somewhere - don't ask me why we keep it locked up.

nova.png
Very well. Is there anything else you do believe I should know?

miner.png
Look, Starkiller. All I want is for you to get these damn emitters out of my system. I don't care how you do it. I think it's the Desirees, and I think they're on Tikorr. Now get moving.

nova.png
I will do so at once.

The card he did mention is on the same room the conversation did take place. We do explore the rest of the installation as we do look for the library. Other than the staircase that does lead a level down the only location of interest is the air control room. Some time later we will have to fight in this location. After this battle we will obtain a few tanks of nerve gas. I did not see the point to return here to try the effect so I do not know if this does result on anything interesting or useful.

AL%20001745.png

AL%20001746.png

In the lower level there is a security room for us to insert the card we did just find. This does unlock the library lift. We do leave the colony as soon as we do get the disk. On the way out one of the strange probes does come quite near our ship. As presently they are not hostile I do take the chance to take a good screenshot of them.

AL%20001750.png

AL%20001751.png

AL%20001754.png

AL%20001757.png

AL%20001760.png

AL%20001761.png

We do already know the location of DSRE's secret laboratory on Tikorr. To reach Tikorr from here we do need to travel through Ariellian space. Along the way I do get tired of the ships that do take potshots at me and decide to destroy a few Ariellian and Delta Coro ones. By this point Nova is so overpowered she does take care of all stations on the ship other than Navigation herself. They did never stood a chance.

AL%20001765.png

To descend on Tikorr we do switch Denner for Alice. The procedure we do follow is the same one we did previously: Alice does unlock the elevator and then Nova is captured, yet the cell's door does not reset. It is still open. It is also of interest that the Delta Coro we did kill during our previous visit were none other than the ones the miners did send after DSRE once the probes did appear. Yet the probes were yet to appear back then.

We did pretty much destroy the proper sequence of events. Yet we did not use metagaming knowledge to do so. There should be safeguards to protect against this.

Such is the reason I did not want to talk with the Chief Scientist during our previous visit: She will act as if the invasion did already begin. As it did we are now free to speak with her.

AL%20001768.png

AL%20001769.png

nova.png
The same droids who were unable to stop the very Delta Coro mercenaries I did kill to come down here I presume.

The chief scientist does find herself looking down the cannon of a thermocaster.

dsre.png
All right, don't hyperventilate. What do you want?

nova.png
Some do believe DSRE to be the ones behind the strange ships that did attack the miners at Rouyn.

dsre.png
They're not attacking the miners. They are probes. They are looking for a certain type of solar system.

nova.png
Am I to asume you are the one behind them?

dsre.png
No, they're not ours. We don't have the resources for that. We just know what they're doing by analyzing their pulses. Besides, we already know all about the four systems.

nova.png
And did this analysis of yours provide any information I could use to find the one behind their actions?

dsre.png
Well since they are probes, someones must be probing the system. Isn't that obvious? So if they find what they're looking for, we'll find out soon enough who they are.

nova.png
So your plan is to sit down and wait for their master to show itself? Why should I see anything beyond a maneuver to win some time?

dsre.png
I don't know. But even if we were responsible, killing me wouldn't stop it. I'm telling you, it's not us. We study gravitational theory here, not solar system dynamics.

nova.png
I will believe you for the time being. Do get in contact with me if you do find more on whomever is behind their actions.

dsre.png
Those probes number in the hundreds. If whoever sent them show themselves, I doubt you will need me to tell you. Now please go. I've got work to do.

There is no point to try and extract more information out of her. Rouyn's foreman did not have any evidence to begin with and what we did find in Damien Altron's fortress does suggest the one behind the probes to be some kind of military force instead of a small group of rogue eggheads. We do return to Rouyn.

miner.png
We're still in a heap of trouble, Starkiller. What are you doing about getting those emitters out of my system?

nova.png
To try to track their source is all I can presently do. I do not believe DSRE is involved.

miner.png
I don't care if they are or they're not. I told you, all I want is to get rid of those things. I don't care how. Now get on it.

Presently there is not much more for us to do. The chief scientist did suggest us to wait until the one behind the probes does decide to reveal itself. Nova does return to the ship and does a few contraband runs to pass time. Nothing new does seem to happen. Then our heroine does have an epiphany.

nova.png
It is my hope the two of you do feel up for some adventure.

denner.png
waldro.png
Sigh. We are. Of course. Always.

nova.png
I did expect nothing less. Do set a course for Holbrook, Punch.

breman.png
I do feel it is my duty to remind you Kendall will call us the moment a new development does occur.

nova.png
That I do know. We will not visit Starkiller HQ. We will go there instead.

breman.png
I should have known so.

waldro.png
Why? There is nothing there.

breman.png
I would not be so sure.

denner.png
Do please tell me what do you mean.

breman.png
These coordinates are set deep inside Delta Coro territory.

waldro.png
denner.png
What?!

nova.png
Indeed. If I am not mistaken the Delta Coro headquarters will be somewhere around here.

waldro.png
denner.png
WHAT?!

nova.png
The miners did tell us they did hire the Delta Coro before they did hire us. Maybe they did find and follow a lead other than the foreman's own suspicions of DSRE's involvement.

denner.png
Sigh.

waldro.png
Do please share your plan with us.

nova.png
We do walk in. We do ask to meet with their leader. We do very nicely ask him for information.

denner.png
T-That's just ret-

waldro.png
Really good. Yes. It is a very good plan.

denner.png
O-Of course.

nova.png
I do thank you very much for the kind words.

They ship does arrive to the planet. Nova and her two companions do descend to the surface. The point our heroine did pick to descend is far away from the Starkiller headquarter. They do fly around until they do run out of fuel. They do return to the ship to refuel. They do descend once again. Several times they do this. Yet the time thus spent is not long. Just a few travels they do require to find the base. The Delta Coro inside are friendly.

AL%20001805.png

AL%20001807.png

AL%20001810.png

AL%20001811.png

nova.png
You are most gracious.

He looks straight ahead and ignores you.

Or at least as friendly as a Delta Coro can be. After a little search the away team does find an elevator that does take them to the upper floor. The Delta Coro's finest are there. Many of them. It does take our heroine a while to find their commander.

AL%20001816.png

AL%20001817.png

denner.png
Gulp. Does it involve torture?

dcoro.png
The story doesn't, no. But I think you'll like it anyway.

nova.png
Do please go ahead. I do love stories.

dcoro.png
Once there was a squadron of men, let's call them Alphas. They were good men, doing hard work for honest pay. One day, they were hired to stop a group of evil scientists who were terrorizing a nearby mining colony. They went and were met by a formidable security system.

nova.png
It must have been a great battle.

dcoro.png
The security droids were fierce, but the Alphas were slowly winning. Just when they were about to succeed, a rival group of men arrived. We'll call them Star Scum.

denner.png
I could swear I do know this one.

dcoro.png
No, I don't think you do.

waldro.png
I do indeed know of this story. Yet was it not a single girl who did arrive?

nova.png
A most deliciously beautiful and charming one in fact.

dcoro.png
Anyway, the Star Scum saw the Alphas and shot them all in the back. Then they got past the security system the Alphas had nearly disabled.

nova.png
She did actually just ask a cute and friendly robot to open the door for her.

dcoro.png
But word got out. It's funny, but somehow treachery of this magnitude always gets out. The rest of the Alphas vowed to track down the Star Scum and kill them all.

nova.png
Yet when they did finally meet her they could not bear to hurt such an adorable creature and they did all become friends. Did I guess it right?

denner.png
I would not bet on it.

dcoro.png
The story does end with the Star Scum being stupid enough to walk into the Alpha Base on a scavenger hunt. So all the Alphas let the scum walk to the Commander's office.

waldro.png
Lord in heaven.

dcoro.png
And then the commander reaches over to his desk...

He does so.

dcoro.png
... and presses a big red button.

He does so.

denner.png
May I ask about the big red button's function?

dcoro.png
It tells the Alphas to come and kill the Star Scum.

denner.png
Oh.

nova.png
And then the girl did finish what she did begin at Tikorr.

You draw your blaster.

dcoro.png
Wrong ending, Starkiller scum!

He draws his blaster as you do.

In just two Thermocaster shots the Commander is dead. Denner did suffer a single injury himself when he did jump between Nova and the Delta Coro Wargod as a hero and a gentleman is ought to do.

denner.png
S-She did use me as a human shield!

Of course she did not. All the Delta Coro in the upper floor did turn hostile when the Wargod did press the button. Nova does kill every one last of them in her way out. The ones in the lower floor are not hostile. She does just walk out. The ship does leave Holbrook as soon as the hovercraft is back.

nova.png
Yawnies.

breman.png
I do believe we can scratch the Delta Coro out of our list of potential information sources.

darca.png
They were our entire list.

nova.png
They were not.

denner.png
*does whimper*

nova.png
Do set a course for Ariel.

breman.png
Will you pay another visit to Damien Altron's fortress?

waldro.png
*does rock back and forth*

nova.png
Presently there is nothing else for us to find there. We will try something different this time.

They are in Ariel before long. The Ariellian fleet does ask them to pay tribute. They do refuse. The fleet does move to engage. Nova's ship does nothing but evade at high speed while looking for a chance. The ship does suffer slight damage before the opportunity does present itself.

AL%20001864.png

AL%20001865.png

denner.png
Of course it was not!

The battle is long and boring. After he does take a shot the crewman to receive them does run into his bunk. Several of the others do the same. Nova does have to patiently wait for them to come out to fire at them. More often than not they do return to their bunks afterwards. There is a single one outside. Nova does take care of this one before she does go back to the others.

AL%20001866.png

AL%20001867.png

She does wait. She does fire. She does wait. She does fire. After a while the ship is empty but for the away team. They do find nothing of use. They do return to the ship. They do decide to focus on contraband missions and the like until something new does come to happen. After a long while it does.

AL%20001924.png

AL%20001927.png

AL%20001928.png

AL%20001930.png

We do set a course there as soon as we are done with the messages. As we do run through Ariel space we do come across a new development: A warship unlike anything we did see so far. It is hostile to all but Ariellian ships. We do jump through the stargate only to find an entire fleet of them. They are hostile to every ship. There are too many of them for any of the mercenary ships that do come through the stargate every now and then to fend them off. We do fight our way to the planet and land in the coordinates Kendall did send us.

AL%20001935.png

AL%20001939.png

AL%20001940.png

AL%20001941.png

AL%20001943.png

AL%20001944.png

AL%20001948.png

AL%20001949.png

nova.png
Do please tell me something about these aliens who did attack you.

miner.png
Yeah. They're short and green. They've got big eyes and big guns. And they can move like lightning. We never stood a chance. Just kill them all, Starkiller - Like bugs.

nova.png
I am affraid they do not pay me to take revenge in your stead.

Before long we do manage to find the foreman.

AL%20001952.png

nova.png
They do have an entire fleet on Rouyn. There are skirmishes on other systems as well. If this is a full scale invasion there may be little I can do to stop them.

miner.png
Then we're all dead. There's no one else. The only planet with a significant military force is on Ariel, and that's hopeless.

nova.png
I am affraid Altron will not come to your aid.

miner.png
I should've known. Damien's a fool. He's going to lose both Ciberan and Ariel if he doesn't help stop this invasion.

nova.png
You should contemplate a complete evacuation.

miner.png
No. We're staying, live or die. Besides, we don't think the Aliens are going to stop here. If all they wanted was Rouyn, why would they send ships into the rest of the four systems?

nova.png
As you do wish. Do tell me more about these Aliens.

miner.png
There's a ship log you might find interesting, but it's in the library at the main base. And the whole place is crawling with those little green killers. Good luck getting to it.

nova.png
I am grateful for for the lead.

It is a short trip to the main base.

AL%20001975.png

AL%20001976.png

AL%20001977.png

AL%20001984.png

The aliens are fast and they do have good equipment.

nova.png
And they are so cute I could put them funny nicknames and hug them to death.

When in vast numbers they do manage to put up a little fight. Yet they are no match for Nova: A few Thermocaster shots are more than enough to extinguish one of them and Nova does rarely miss. Before long the entire base is clear. Our heroine does visit the library.

AL%20002006.png

waldro.png
I do hope it is but a rethorical question.

denner.png
Sigh.

We do have a new lead. Nova does return to the starship. As soon as they do leave Rouyn's orbit the alien fleet is upon them. This does help us more than it does hinder us.

AL%20002012.png

AL%20002013.png

AL%20002016.png

AL%20002025.png

The alien battleship is quite spacious. The first floor does only have a few enemies and a little loot. We are not able to use their weapons and armor but we do still get what loot we do find so that we can sell it. We do also find Nerve Gas. I do believe we can make use of this in the main colony on Rouyn but I do not want to needlessly hurt the aliens. We will try to find a peaceful resolution to this conflict.

waldro.png
denner.png
:eek:

There are many more aliens in the second floor but they do not present much of a challenge. We are careful and pick them off just a few at a time. There is nothing to find there other than a ramp that does lead further down.

AL%20002028.png

AL%20002034.png

The lower level is a bit troublesome as there are many Typhon in a big open chamber. Yet in the end there is little they can do to stop us. We do copy the disks and return to the airlock. The enemies in the two levels above did respawn.

AL%20002039.png

AL%20002066.png

Just as they are we are unable to go through a door if there is an enemy beyond. We do move in such a way to leave a single tile in front of the door empty so that a single enemy may enter the ramp and we do face a few of them one at a time. Just enough to keep the door clear. Then we do rush out the room and kill the ones that do remain in a shootout most glorious. Denner does not make it. No one does care.

waldro.png
I do care. He was my brot-

Yeah, yeah. Waldro is sad and full of brotherly rage yet I am unable to care enough about them to try and write a farewell scene for them. Do please imagine I did add such a scene there. Or do not. It is the same to me.

Before long we are back at the airlock. We do return to our ship to find ourselves the target of five different Typhon vessels. We do run away as fast as we are able. Once I am back at Ariel I do engage one on its own so that I can take a screenshot that does show the way in which their ships do actually look like.

AL%20002073.png

AL%20002083.png

nova.png
Their battleships are pretty cute too.

We do return to Ariel with Galejay in the role Denner did use to have. Once more we do fight our way through Damien Altron's fortress. We do use the terminal in Damien Altron's old office to translate the Typhon data disks we did recover from the battleship.

AL%20002125.png

AL%20002129.png

Once more we do fight our way out of the fortress. This is the last time we will do so. And it is as she does carve a bloody path through the Ariellian forces that Nova does finally reach perfection.

AL%20002136.png

nova.png
My own greatness does leave me without words.

Our heroine did discover the reason behind the Typhon invasion. Previously our heroine did kill the leader of every faction of some power in the four systems. There is but a single person that may be able to help her deal with the Typhon. The prospect to return there does not make her happy.

AL%20002167.png

nova.png
Do forgive me for this intrusion.

She sees you and shouts.

dsre.png
Leave this base at once or I will call the security droids!

Nova does place the cannon of her thermocaster against the chief scientist's nose.

nova.png
Do please take a look at this before you do force me to melt your face.

You show her the translated typhon viewer disks. She reads through them quickly. Then she takes them just long enough to copy them.

dsre.png
I'll be right back.

You wait in the room for a few minutes. She returns.

dsre.png
We can't help you here. Go to our sister base on Mastassini, coords (1186,0173). They'll be able to help you.

nova.png
Do explain to me the reason of this.

dsre.png
We research gravitational theory here. The Mastass base specializes in wormhole theory. There might be a way to defeat these aliens, but only the Mastass base can help you.

nova.png
A way to defeat them, you say?

dsre.png
Go talk to the Mastass base! This isn't our discipline. Hurry, there isn't much time!

Before long we do arrive there.

AL%20002187.png

AL%20002188.png

AL%20002189.png

AL%20002193.png

AL%20002194.png

AL%20002197.png

To reach the base proper we do have to battle hostile droids as we do traverse a force field maze. Given Nova's overpowered nature this is merely a waste of time. Before long we are inside.

AL%20002202.png

AL%20002203.png

nova.png
Do allow me to ask why it is you did not turn off the security system in advance.

sci.png
I don't know - It's not my area. It might have been an oversight. The ranking researcher is expecting you. She's down the hall to the northeast.

She turns and ignores you.

We do quickly find the local chief scientist.

AL%20002208.png

AL%20002209.png

nova.png
I did not want to peel the paint out of my new ship.

dsre.png
I hope we're not making a mistake giving you this information to you. We've analyzed the alien disks you gave to our Tikorr base.

nova.png
Do please continue.

dsre.png
We think we've worked out a solution. Here, read our report. It's on these two viewer disks. Talk to me when you are done.

She gives you the two viewer disks.

AL%20002216.png

AL%20002220.png

dsre.png
Do you want me to explain what you have to do?

nova.png
I would be grateful if you did.

dsre.png
There are three major asteroids in the Rouyn system made of stellar fragment material just like Cascade. If you can move these three to new locations, the stargate will shift.

nova.png
I do believe my ship to be unable to move an asteroid by itself even if we were to remove the very hostile fleet that does patrol the system.

dsre.png
Get the Bremar to do it. They have an Astership in the Rouyn system. If you haven't seen it yet, it's a big asteroid.

nova.png
I did visit it.

dsre.png
We'll give you a data cache to give to the Bremar songmaster. He'll use it to position the asteroids. But you have to make a decision first. Do you want to create a new sun for the aliens, to save their race? Or do you want to explode the existing sun, to destroy them all? The decision is up to you.

pinterrupt.jpg

nova.png
I do not wish to hurt these cute little aliens. Let us help them create a new sun.

dsre.png
We've already prepared a data cache with those asteroid coordinates. Go to the output center in the far northeast corner of this base. The cartridge is the south-most room.

nova.png
I will proceed at once.

waldro.png
Do you believe her decision to be the correct one?

nova.png
It is the right thing to do.

dsre.png
If I thought there was a right decision, I would have made it for you. There's one more problem we have to worry about.

nova.png
There is always one.

dsre.png
When the stargates close, the four systems will still be full of alien battleships.

nova.png
Do please call Gerard Kendall and inform him of the situation. He will think of something.

dsre.png
I hope you're right.

nova.png
I am.

dsre.png
Okay. Now go get the cartridge and give it to the Bremar songmaster. Hurry. And good luck.

nova.png
I am grateful for your assistance.

AL%20002254.png

We do pick the cartridge she did indicate and leave for Rouyn. We do evade the Typhon fleet and dock with the Astership. We do go straight to the Songmaster and give him the data cache.

AL%20002274.png

nova.png
We do believe we do know what the Typhons are after. With this information and your help we will be able to help them and stop the invasion.

breman.png
You can get the Typhon to just leave? I'm listening.

nova.png
Do please take a look at these.

You show the Bremar the Desiree viewer disks. The songmaster reads.

breman.png
Interesting. I am surprised I did not think of it. After all, we already knew Stargates can be moved.

nova.png
Please do help us put this plan into motion.

breman.png
No. The plan involves making Cascade disappear from the Rouyn system. But with Cascade gone, both Stargates leaving the Rouyn system will break down and dissipate. My Astership here and everyone in it will be cut off from the four systems. Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but we are here on the frontier for an important reason. We just can't help you.

nova.png
Yet will not the Typhons destroy you as well?

breman.png
Not likely. They are only attacking settlements on planets, and they haven't been aggressive toward us.

Nova does point her Thermocaster straight to his face.

breman.png
Do as you will. You have your agenda, and we have ours. You'll just have to think of a different plan.

nova.png
I will have to find someone else to help me. Do please give the disks back to me.

breman.png
My ship is the only thing within fifty parsecs that can move those massive asteroids. These cartridges aren't any good to you. I'll just keep them.

We need to find a way to convince them. As you may remember we do know what it is this mission of theirs do involve even if the songmaster himself was less than forthcomming with the information. We do only need to find this person for them. Or we do need to find someone who may be able to convince them she is this person and does have a personal interest in the Bremar.

And there is but a single individual in the four systems who does fit this description.

AL%20002320.png

AL%20002321.png

nova.png
For a short while I did believe I did. Then he did force me to low level format him. Yet I did find something for you.

orai.png
Thanks, missy. But like I told you, I like em short and pasty.

nova.png
Thus I did find a way to get you aboard a Bremar Astership.

orai.png
I'd say it's a dream come true. I'd also it's a crock.

nova.png
There is a but a single condition.

orai.png
Keep talking, missy.

nova.png
You do need to pretend to be the greatest human singer in the Galaxy.

Her shoulders slump.

orai.png
Oh, is that all? Damnit, missy. You got an old lady's hopes up. I told you I can't sing anymore.

nova.png
They do not need to know that.

orai.png
It'll never work. They'll know I can't sing.

nova.png
They will not. Do you have one of your old records at hand?

She looks around, and then speaks in a low voice.

orai.png
I have a greatest hits disk in my purse. Don't ask me why I carry it around. But I was twenty when I made it.

nova.png
They do not need to know that either. We will convince them you do have a sore throat. Even if they do later discover the trick you will still get a good time out of it.

orai.png
It does sound pretty weak, missy. They'll never buy it.

nova.png
Yet is it not worth a try?

She puffs on her cigarette, then crushes it in the ashtray.

orai.png
It's so crazy, it might work. Okay, let's go. Wait, don't you want to hear my recording?

nova.png
I am grateful for the offer most kind. I will do so during our journey there.

breman.png
*intercomm* Of course you will.

orai.png
Wait a minute, missy. What's the rush? What are you getting out of this scheme?

nova.png
Nothing I do enjoy more than to make people happy.

orai.png
Right, missy. As long as we can pull this off, I don't care what you get out of it.

We do journey back to the Astership. We do switch Orai for Galejay before we do come aboard. We do present ourselves to the songmaster without delay.

AL%20002371.png

nova.png
She is the one you did wait for so long.

breman.png
She has blue hair... Interesting. What's that thing hanging in her mouth?

orai.png
It's a cigarette, honey. Do you want one?

The Bremar just stares at her.

nova.png
I do know about your search, Songmaster.

breman.png
What does that have to do with anything? That's why we're here in the four systems, and that's why we have to stay.

You nod towards Orai.

nova.png
Your search is over.

The bremar looks at Orai.

breman.png
You don't really expect me to believe that this purple-headed woamn is the one foretold, do you?

nova.png
She is the one indeed.

breman.png
I cannot believe you. Did you think you could go out and just find any attractive female human, and I would believe you?

nova.png
You do need but to listen her sing.

breman.png
All right, all right. Make her sing and we'll see.

orai.png
I'm not a piece of furniture, you know. You can talk to me.

nova.png
There is however a catch.

breman.png
Just like I thought.

nova.png
A very sad story it is. Her husband did leave her for a girl most young. Sadness led to vice. She did lose her voice.

breman.png
Then she obviously is not the one foretold. If you'll excuse me-

nova.png
Yet she can heal. Do pull her away from despair and she will recover.

breman.png
You two are wasting my time. Please leave now.

You see, however, that he makes no move to push Orai off his lap.

Nova does produce the record Orai did give her.

nova.png
I will now prove to you she is the one of prophecy.

breman.png
This is unbelievable...

nova.png
It is my hope you are ready for enlightment.

You press play.

The song begins, and you hear Orai sing. You almost groan aloud. Even fifty years ago when she was twenty, she was worse than any lounge singe you've ever heard in your life.

nova.png
Lord in hea-

breman.png
Quiet!

The Bremar snaps at you. As you all listen to the rest of the song, you think about how much you hate listening to your Bremar sing.

The recording ends. There is a brief silence.

A very akward one as well.

breman.png
That is the most incredible voice I have ever heard! I would say you were trying to trick me with a recording from a Bremar, but the harmonies are unique!

nova.png
I... I did tell you she is one.

breman.png
Maybe, but... But how does she sound now?

You glance at Orai - She shakes her head.

nova.png
She will be like no other once she does have a chance to heal.

breman.png
From what I heard, I believe you. But how do I know this is the same woman as on the recording?

nova.png
To bring a fake one would require but the same effort than to bring the real one.

breman.png
If she did not want to come, you would have brought a different one.

nova.png
You do speak truth. Yet you did say the voice is the one foretold. The one foretold would want to come.

breman.png
You are correct. Completely correct. But prophecy is not always one hundred percent accurate.

nova.png
Do you want to stay here in the astership with him, Orai?

Orai smiles slyly and leans over to whisper into the Bremar's ear hole. Then she sits up again.

breman.png
She is the one - There is no doubt.

nova.png
Then everything is at it should be.

breman.png
Yes, of course. I know why you brought Orai here, and I thank you. I will move the asteroids as per your plan.

nova.png
I am deeply grateful.

breman.png
I looked more closely at the Desiree code when you were gone. We have to move three massive asteroids. You just go back to your ship and watch.

nova.png
Do please tell me if there is anything I can do to assist you as you do carry forward the plan.

breman.png
You've done enough already. Only I can fly the astership. Stay nearby long enough to make sure the plan works, then get out or you'll be trapped.

nova.png
I do understand. Once again I do thank you for your assistance.

breman.png
It is you we must thank. We have waited for this day for thousands of years.

nova.png
Happy I am I did manage to help you.

Orai stands up and comes to whisper to you.

orai.png
It sounds like even when they figure out I'm not the one, they'll be stuck with me. I'll make it worth their while. Thanks.

She winks.

nova.png
I am sure you will.

Orai waves to you. She starts to light her cigarette, and then changes her mind and tosses it away.

And so it is our work complete. We do return to the ship and...

AL%20002454.png

AL%20002457.png

AL%20002461.png

AL%20002464.png

AL%20002468.png

AL%20002469.png

AL%20002470.png

AL%20002474.png

We do arrive at Ariel. We do evade the Ariellian ships as several messages do begin to flood all channels.

AL%20002484.png

AL%20002485.png

AL%20002487.png

AL%20002490.png

AL%20002493.png

We do return to Starkiller Headquarters.

When Kendall sees you he can't help but grin.

kendall.png
Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. I'll bet you didn't think you'd be creating a sun when you got up this morning.

nova.png
A girl does have to do what a girl does have to do.

kendall.png
Well, you killed Damien Altron and stopped the attacks. I put 40,000 into your account. Max paid me half - I made up for the difference for you, and I'll get the rest from him later.

nova.png
Yet it is possible the Ariellian forces did get him before I did manage to finish Altron.

Kendall shuffles paper on his desk.

kendall.png
Then I'll ambush his accounts. Don't worry about it. And just so you know, I evacuated the remaining miners before the stargate closed.

nova.png
I do have to ask how did you manage to convince the Typhons to retreat back to their system.

He grins.

kendall.png
The Desiree scientist you talked to called me to tell me what was going on. Then I paid Damien Altron a visit.

nova.png
He is not very talkative.

kendall.png
No, but the dumb terminal could still translate Typhon. I wired it to send a message to the Typhon battle fleet. I told them you were building them a new sun.

nova.png
Do please forgive me but it does come as a surprise they did believe you.

kendall.png
Not me. They thought the message was from Damien, who they trusted. besides, I told them to go to Rouyn and see for themselves. I guess they did.

nova.png
I am glad everyone did get a happy ending out of this.

kendall.png
I wonder if you did the right thing, though. They had a very effective invasion force. When their planet gets too small, they may come and invade again.

nova.png
They did nothing but to try to save themselves and the ones they did care for.

kendall.png
They could have picked a more peaceful way to do it. But either way, well done. Everyone owes you a lot.

nova.png
I do hope everything will get back to normal.

kendall.png
No, most people don't even know what's happened. It will take a while before the full impact of all of this is felt.

nova.png
I do not fully understand.

kendall.png
Well, with Damien and general Rodgen dead, the attacks on Ciberan have stopped. But Ariel is still a totalitarian society, that may never change.

nova.png
It is up to them.

kendall.png
That's true. You did the hard work. Now it's up to everyone else to pick up the pieces.

nova.png
Yet I am still not entirely satisfied. Are there presently any more governments you do need to topple?

He laughs.

kendall.png
You've gotta be kidding! Go take some time off.

nova.png
I do not believe 'off' would be the best description. This will be the mother of all shopping sprees.

kendall.png
Hey, did you ever take care of that Lanta thing on Varon.

nova.png
I did indeed. Let us just say it is now up to them to pick up the pieces.

He smiles.

kendall.png
Good. We shouldn't have bothered in the first place.

nova.png
I will now proceed to take your advice to heart.

kendall.png
Yeah, go take it easy. Things are going to be quiet for a while.

And thus it was Nova did save the four systems from annihilation, did save the Typhon from extinction, did topple all three local governments, did fulfill the Bremar prophecy, did single-handedly murder a few thousand people, did find a new crew for her ship, did destroy the Delta Coro, did master all disciplines known to man, and did get five times a quarter million credits to spend on couture, bijouterie, and a complete beauty treatment to get her nails, hair, and skin back into shape after all this running and killing.

nova.png
And all in a day's work.

chuck.png
We are not worthy!
bow.gif

riddick.png
We are not worthy!
bow.gif

shepard.png
We are not worthy!
bow.gif

plissken.png
We are not worthy!
bow.gif

noname.png
We are not worthy!
bow.gif

It is my hope you did enjoy the Let's Play of this obscure and little game as well as my perspective on it. I will now proceed to take a short rest before I do start with Spirit of Excalibur and see whether or not I will be able to continue with Reunion. It would be nice to see you all over there.

Thank you very much for your time and your attention.

lightbane

Arcane
And so, Nova powergamed so hard that nothing would stop her if she tried to conquer the universe with her bare hands...
Congrats for the completed LP :love:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
:excellent:

Excellent! As always reading so much quality content fills one with awe, and a little bit of envy. Your LPs must take ages to make. Time and time again you surpass your own legend. :salute:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Added Hard Nova avatars to the gallery. :cool:

Also damn this LP was awesome. You should totally go back to LPing, BC :P

Cool name

Arcane
Added Hard Nova avatars to the gallery. :cool:

Also damn this LP was awesome. You should totally go back to LPing, BC :P

You now I want to, but right now I am two or three weeks away from my Magical Witchy Journey's Hyper-Magical Climax and as soon as that's done I am moving back to the civilized world. Once I am done with that and did manage to rebuild my life over there, sure. O.O

But knowing of our heroine's delicious beauty and charm she will probably be, like, totally recruited to be an idol and will no longer have time for videogames. It's so hard to be awesome. :P

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How the fuck do you restart in this game? It seems ironman, but i can't also see a option to restart.

edit:
Agassi, you need to edit your sound fix to only put a ',' before the last three lines... like so

The other lines (actually, probably only the first) allow restart of the game or creating a new character. Probably you should refrain from reconfiguration of the sound effects if you do this.
3 years later... here am i on the internet looking for 'how to have sound in hard nova'...
You also need to rename A.CFG back to AMS.CFG if the bat file already fucked it.
Also you actually should use ':' (labels) or 'REM ' (comments, REMinder) instead of ',' on the lines.

I also suspect there is a option for roland sound but because of the homo erectus that programmed or cracked this we'll never know.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom