Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Hammer & Sickle

Pablo1989

Novice
:D Hello!

I just finished this game 2 days ago with good ending too but in diffrent path.
Ive purchased this game somewere in 2008 or 2009, but finished in this year because ive thinking i lost box with cd or give away to my best friend who changes living in diffrent city....thats was false i never lost it :) because have been hiden behind VHS tapes on shelf in dad room (geez i never searched there, until my dads wanna put that shelf in my room because had plans buying new shelf for himself)

...Anyway

Agreed Uzi are out of place, same thing with Stechkin Automatic pistol (if not counting prototypes in real life) because if your here had class of Granadier he had this weapon instead Suppresed M3 SMG like Scout.

As game game works on same engine as Silent Storm and Expasion there leftovers via cheatcodes :D YEAH.

Like X-COM Laser rifle(Prototype 8M1) or....PANZERKLEINS! :P thats more anachronism.

Even playable sentinels can be summoned and other charachters like german soldiers.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't help but think that fighting Panzerkleins, with all the changes that Hammer and Sickle introduces, would be eleven different kinds of hell.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
That was great adventure.
Did you hear about Marauder: Man of Prey? It's game made by people who made 7,62 High Calibre or Brigade E5 with nice story (about ordinary man, who need to survive in anarchistic Russia, with his family).
But looking for it is nice challenge, luckly potato magazines have it on DVDcover.

That's my recomendation.

Pablo1989

Novice
Olso wanna note :) Silent Storm getitem X cheat works on game Nightwatch (Runs on SS engine too)
But not recomend because items gonna be very small and missing textures, and cannot be used.

Who knows :D when finished H&S i gonna try finish Nightwatch, as i know this game bassed on some book and later movie on same title.
I must say game are cool, its takes in modern time, but with influence of magic :) just like kinda Twillight or something.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah, the only way to get a legal copy is - find someone from Potatoland and ask him to buy game on Allegro (potato eBay except it's worse).
There's always few sellers who got ton of games from magazines (it's tradition in Europe, for some of them, to add some games - demos and full ones).
You can get it for single buck, or two.I got lot of games in that way, some of them not avaliable in digital stores (screw you Gabe, you got nothing for me) like Wizards&Warriors, Gunlock, Crime Cities or Hammer&Sickle, Gorky series and many more.
And funny this is - translation was "accident", welp.

Pablo1989

Novice
Yep some russian games are little common in Poland(Thats ive come)
For unknown reasons they sometimes lands in bargin bins :D, (Like Boling Point:road to hell,Outfront silent heroes,Brigade E5, men of war series) and later become full version in some mags*

*In past :(. today most those mags vanished out of marked because there big paged magazine called CD-ACTION who beat the pulp other mags, and those mags lost readers, and start vanished.
That PLAY! ends in year 2012 and after this they only made few special edition issues like TOP FREE MMO RPGs.

But at end inssues they give unknown random games, like Kinder chocolate eggs, open packing and see what you got inside.

Cholo

Arcane
I'd very much like to show some more of the game, the trouble is figuring out exactly where to branch off from my saves. Just after the sewers is an interesting place, although a catastrophic fuckup just a little earlier will net a pretty cool string of endgame missions. Also, Gothic II has been sucking down all of my free time and SWAT 3 is putting up some solid competition. (your shooters drop chem lights at the doorway of every room they clear!!) Th4if got me to replay the first Thief too, which I haven't touched since it came out. Too many good time sinks out there :D

I can't say I've ever seen anything about Nightwatch or Marauder: Man of Prey, curious about both.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd very much like to show some more of the game, the trouble is figuring out exactly where to branch off from my saves. Just after the sewers is an interesting place, although a catastrophic fuckup just a little earlier will net a pretty cool string of endgame missions. Also, Gothic II has been sucking down all of my free time and SWAT 3 is putting up some solid competition. (your shooters drop chem lights at the doorway of every room they clear!!) Th4if got me to replay the first Thief too, which I haven't touched since it came out. Too many good time sinks out there :D

I can't say I've ever seen anything about Nightwatch or Marauder: Man of Prey, curious about both.
Nightwatch and Daywatch I hear are very meh.
Man of prey, gotta check that LP.

Pablo1989

Novice
I must agree, why ememies non stop goes to that magic realm ?, of course you must go to that magic world too to fight them.

If your controled char stays too long in that world start losing health, and thats was annoying if are too many fights, and enemies start warping into that zone, and if you not replenished to stay longer in that magic world, you become deat meat.

laclongquan

Arcane
Recently replay this for great enjoyment.

Choosing class: both Sniper and Scout are great choices, though sniper is better, in the sense that it force you to play your MC conservatively, no more running straight into danger. Leave vanguard stuffs to two armored engineers, or soldier. Soldier is a good class but not easy to do stealth. Grenadier is awesomer version of Soldier, can slaughter group of enemies sight unseen thanks to great throwing and grenades, but also can not play stealth for shit. Medic is a good class to play if you choose to do the short option campaign, since you have more time to plan your characters before you head into battles, but underused because Sanders and later on Pavel can do the light heal pretty good. The Master Medic items are not that great an incentive to play, alas~

Choosing weapons. Your weapons depend greatly on which shops are availble to you. Sigmund is a great source of russian weapons, because 80% loot is allies, and 20% is russian, so if you choose Conrad, your ammo maybe very limited. On the other hand Sigmund's scoped Garand is a very nice sniper gun, much worthy prize to off that gang. Still, if you choose Conrad, try not to depend too much on Russian ammo.

The Three Ambushes can be circumvented if you are late to the local TH base. IN that case, Colonel McCleod play us for patsy to deal with the Sentinels for them. This is the short options campaign, in which you are short the TH base fight, 3 ambushes, the running fight in Zeizenburg, the Airport fight, 6 fights in place of the Sentinels fight. In exchange you get the shop to sell off the loots in late game.

Side note: I dont get the familiarity. Sure, the 10FAMI pistols like Cz and Colt get 1AP bonus, the scoped Garand get that too, but why the scoped Mosin cant get it?

Johannes

Arcane
:necro:
With 5 int chance for some encounters to succeed favorably are probably around 50%. Maybe you were lucky or actually missed one or two options without noticing.
I played it through once with an Int 2 scout on hardest difficulty (eventually Int 4 or 5 which made things a little easier). It's possible but some Int encounters required quite a bit of reloading, for example
if you want to recruit Moshe when you extort the JEWeler
How do you recruit Moshe at that point? I've talked to Forester and then to the Antiquarian, then punched him so he starts coughing up 500 dorra a day. Did I miss something, do something wrong, or is it still a further development?

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
:necro:
With 5 int chance for some encounters to succeed favorably are probably around 50%. Maybe you were lucky or actually missed one or two options without noticing.
I played it through once with an Int 2 scout on hardest difficulty (eventually Int 4 or 5 which made things a little easier). It's possible but some Int encounters required quite a bit of reloading, for example
if you want to recruit Moshe when you extort the JEWeler
How do you recruit Moshe at that point? I've talked to Forester and then to the Antiquarian, then punched him so he starts coughing up 500 dorra a day. Did I miss something, do something wrong, or is it still a further development?
17) Zeizenburg. We meet the antique dealer in the house to the right of the starting position, on the first floor. Even after being threatened he remains unreasonable. Time to punch him in the face. Problem solved. Now we are entitled to collect $500 from him everyday

(Note: If we want to get Moshe the sniper, we need to come back the next day. Once we initiate the dialog with the antique dealer (24hrs after the first meeting) Moshe shows up. We can go to Gaffburg for now)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom